Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 1321

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    By the way, buying as many DTC Darkz I can get my hands on, of what is still out there…. still no.1 for me!
    Hey, save some for the rest of us... I still need 4 more Darkz...
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Quote Originally Posted by rwpollock View Post
    Good to know. 25-30 hours sounds reasonable; one gets impatient, ya know.
    I wouldn't worry too much about break-in on those, it's amazing products and they will not let you down out of the box either. Congrats on making it to that level.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

George et al,

The never ending need of upgrading is slowly biting again after adding 8 DTC Darkz to my new Strads 35 Anni and once again hearing what these can do. So the cogs in my Ansuz virus struck brain started to play with thoughts about adding a DTC Mainz cable to replace my D2 from wall to Mainz8 DTC and wonder who else did that replacement and what impressions you have?
    That would allow me to change my C2 from Mainz8 DTC to my U-300 with the 'leftover' Mainz D2 for a double upgrade effect I guess. What are your impression changing from C2 to D2 into U-300?
    By the way, buying as many DTC Darkz I can get my hands on, of what is still out there…. still no.1 for me!

Mike
    Shortly after getting my C2 power cord for the U300 I borrowed a D2 to compare. I already had the D-TC going from the wall to the Mainz D8 (the D8 was at the time the only power bar available). I thought the D2 was quite a step up. My gut reaction was it was so close to the D-TC why would anyone want a D-TC. Then Mike and Lars came to my local dealer to demo the first Mainz D-TC power bar. They started with the D8 and the X power cord to the wall. Then went up the line A2 - C2 - D2 then D-TC. I have to admit the D-TC was still much better than the D2. That's when they swapped out the D8 power bar for the D-TC.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about break-in on those, it's amazing products and they will not let you down out of the box either. Congrats on making it to that level.
    Thank you. I must say I couldn't afford to get here at list price, so a voice of thanks to those who do.

Another question about the Mainz (what is the plural?). I will still have the D1 and am thinking about plugging it in to the D-TC as mention upthread. Is there a recommended outlet to use for that?

The center outlet is where either the pre amp or integrated should be plugged in. The other outlets are for anything else. I'm assuming you're going to use the D-TC power cord to go from the wall to the Mainz power bar.

You will find with those D-TC products you will be able to play music even louder than before.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Thanx George!

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    You will find with those D-TC products you will be able to play music even louder than before.
    What about at the other end of the spectrum -- late night listening at low levels so as not to disturb.

Bob

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Well. I’m giving the PowerSwitch A2 a try over the X-TC. And along picked up 2 2M X Ethernet to replace some 2M Supras. Been running for 3 days and so far so good. Noise floor dropped again. Bass is a little tighter. Soundstage about the same. Very musical though. X Ethernet connected to the Naim Core and NDX2. Used Supra to Router.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to display my ignorance but where is ANSUZ actually getting their products made? They do not have their own manufacturing facilities so would like to know before investing in the product. Thank you.

The Ansuz/Aavik/Børresen factory tour

by Dawid Grzyb / November 13, 2019

Well, here’s a great read for enthusiasts of Ansuz, Aavik and Borresen Acoustics products.

http://hifiknights.com/reviews/denmark/

Dawid Grzyb of Hi-Fi Knights does a sterling job with his factory tour report – even I think revealing things that competitors should not know, let alone see…..

We get to see inner details of several products including the new Ansuz Power Switch – Ansuz’s all-out assault to fix LAN’s and streaming. Want to know what a tesla coil looks like and what function it serves? R2R DAC? Read the review…..

Photo 1: Circuit boards of the Ansuz PowerSwitch, DTC Supreme version, an Ethernet Switch with PSU for active TOTL Ansuz Acoustics digital cables. Ansuz’s research showed the internet is a ‘noisy’ place. All those coils you see are there to suppress noise – the enemy of hi fidelity audio and a key reason why streaming is often inferior in sound quality to local NAS playback of digital files or local physical media such as CD.

What’s really impressive and quite an eye opener for me is just how much work is done in-house. Even the laser engraving of Ansuz plug enclosures is done in-house. Further, Borresen make their own capacitors and coils for loudspeaker cross-over circuits in addition to design and assembly of their patented loudspeaker drivers.

Photo 2: Borresen Acoustics Model 01 loudspeakers seen here in one of three listening rooms across their facilities. The room shape of this upper room is challenging hence the presence of passive acoustic controls.

Criticism? Well perhaps Dawid should have started the Ansuz / Aavik / Borresen factory tour report with his conclusion.

“Lars picked me up from Nørresundby in his customized BMW M4 GTS, which at first glance seemed to be yet another nicely styled sporty German car. What I wasn’t quite aware of is that this ultra-light 540-horsepower beast dishes out 720 NM of torque and does 0-60 in 3,8s. I’ve read about such rides, hence I knew something. But as a passenger previously not familiar with acceleration this rapid and plainly brutal, I could only sit tight and silently hold my breath once Lars barely tickled his daily drive’s gas pedal, let alone flooring it.”
    That sounds like fun way to start a tour. I suspect Lars more than barely tickled the gas pedal though…..
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Well there are plenty new versions, BUT not DTC Darkz as they stopped manufacturing them, hence my search and collect….

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

What about at the other end of the spectrum -- late night listening at low levels so as not to disturb.

Bob
    Low level is just cleaner due to the lower noise floor. IMO not as noticeable meaning to me even Bose sounds OK at low listening levels.
    George

I've been using an A2 Mainz with my all-Naim setup for about 6 months now. I have one A2 power cable, from the wall to the Mainz. I have an opportunity to trade the A2 stuff, plus my Naim PowerLine power cables (4 of them) towards C2 level Mainz and C2 power cables, giving me C2 cables from the wall the the Mainz, and from the Mainz to each Naim box and to my Rega phono stage.

Any first-hand reports of A2 vs C2 listening? The Ansuz website is pretty sparse on details, so understanding exactly what's inside the A2 vs C2 mainz blocks is not transparent.

As you all know, this 'Ansuz ac stuff' isn't cheap. The Naim hi fi is total about $85k list...if that is relevant.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Ansuz/Chord Music/Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico S5MkII

Quote Originally Posted by Bart001 View Post
    I've been using an A2 Mainz with my all-Naim setup for about 6 months now. I have one A2 power cable, from the wall to the Mainz. I have an opportunity to trade the A2 stuff, plus my Naim PowerLine power cables (4 of them) towards C2 level Mainz and C2 power cables, giving me C2 cables from the wall the the Mainz, and from the Mainz to each Naim box and to my Rega phono stage.

Any first-hand reports of A2 vs C2 listening? The Ansuz website is pretty sparse on details, so understanding exactly what's inside the A2 vs C2 mainz blocks is not transparent.

As you all know, this 'Ansuz ac stuff' isn't cheap. The Naim hi fi is total about $85k list...if that is relevant.
    Totally worth it just going from the Mainz A2 to the Mainz C2. I’ve Ben there and now ended on the Mainz D2. With each jump there is a noticeable lower floor and greater musical experience. FYI. I’m just running a 2M A2 Power Cable to the Mainz D2. Very happy Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To try before you buy is always wise. That being said, if you're happy with the performance of Ansuz today, the C2 level will be a valuable upgrade where you can't really go wrong.

/ Marcus, www.perfect-sense.se
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

I recently went from A2 to C2 Mainz for my Lumin T2, although I had more or less decided to stay on A2 level which I found "good enough" and "reasonable" for the task, but then I happened to see someone selling a C2 for a price I had difficulties to resist and well, what can you do... Even though I've been through several levels of Ansuz cables from first to second generation and I know that I shouldn't be surprised by each step, it still hits me, and I'm again surprised and deeply impressed. You will never go wrong by climbing the ladder, if you like what your A2 is doing to your system, it's not going to get worse with all of those C2 cables. Personally I wouldn't think for too long about that opportunity if I were you.

For best bang for the buck, what is the order of power cables to upgrade, in what order of components (amp, preamp, source, etc.)

Is the power cable from the power conditioner to the wall most important, or can that one be cheaper, and instead, one should focus on the power cables from the unit to the components?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Boogieman View Post
    For best bang for the buck, what is the order of power cables to upgrade, in what order of components (amp, preamp, source, etc.)

Is the power cable from the power conditioner to the wall most important, or can that one be cheaper, and instead, one should focus on the power cables from the unit to the components?

Thanks
    Without doubt, cable from wall to conditioner is the most important! Then next the preamp/integrated amp all in accordance with Ansuz recommendations which held true for me at least.

Mike

IMO the C2 is a significant step up from the A2. Likewise the D2 is a big step up from the C2. Unlike the originals the steps up were quite minor especially for the money. With the version 2 the steps up are well worth the money.

BTW you have a great Naim setup
    George

Any first-hand reports of A2 vs C2 listening? The Ansuz website is pretty sparse on details [...]

Re the cables, in the downloads section of the Ansuz website you can find a product catalogue which speaks (briefly) to the technologies used in each Ansuz cable and also provides a comparison table.

One key difference between A2 and C2 cables is that the C2, like the next model up the D2 uses AARC. AARC is an acronym for Anti Area Resonance Coil technology.

Ansuz is very focussed on the negative impact noise (in all forms – electrical, mechanical, environmental etc.) has on audio reproduction. A key objective is to stop as much noise as possible before it enters the audio system. This is easier said than done because all cables are sensitive to electromagnetic induction (EMI), electrostatic coupling, radio frequency interference (RFI) and more.

One key problem – which AARC attempts to address – is RFI. Equipment in your home and external to your home radiates radio waves. Cables, which act like transmitting antennas, propagate this radiation and contribute to the noise problem. AARC can be simplistically considered as an anti-aerial technology reducing cable tendencies to resonate and receive signals from the surroundings.

In practise users of the C2 cables (myself included) find them to be a big step up from A2 with every area of audio reproduction improving. Of course, nothing beats trying this for yourself and I encourage you to do that. The only meaningful and valid proof is that you hear the difference with your own ears.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Hi,

It may sound obvious, and I support others response to your question, but I think the best performance for the buck is the C2.
    C2 resembles the same qualities as the higher model D2 and A2 differs with less resolution and a very soft and slight dark character, at least in my system. Having said that I have heard the A2 clearly better Odin 2 albeit in a full Ansuz/Aavik/Raidho system.

If you could stretch to C2 this is the place to start/Mike

Hi,

It may sound obvious, and I support others response to your question, but I think the best performance for the buck is the C2.
    C2 resembles the same qualities as the higher model D2 and A2 differs with less resolution and a very soft and slight dark character, at least in my system. Having said that I have heard the A2 clearly better Odin 2 albeit in a full Ansuz/Aavik/Raidho system.

If you could stretch to C2 this is the place to start/Mike
    Thanks Mike, and everyone else! The trade-in to go from A2 Mainz + Naim power cords to all C2 is costly, but can be afforded. It's encouraging to read the significant approval of these products here.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage

Thanks Kiwi -- any ideas about the inner workings of the Mainz units?

I also have a Naim system. Nd555.552,500. I really like all the Ansuz cables. I have tried almost all the Ansuz products in my system. I have yet to find one of their cables that didn't out perform any other cables I have tried. For me, I think the C2 cables are the minimum I would want in my system and might be the best value. Every time I have tried their higher grade cables I could clearly hear the improvement, that for me, was worth the extra cost. In any case, I would not hesitate to recommend the C2 cables over the A2.

Thanks Kiwi -- any ideas about the inner workings of the Mainz units?

Re the Mainz Distribution units the back story is that Ansuz developed the Mainz8 D-TC power distribution unit in 2017. The performance and price gap between the new Mainz8 D-TC distributor and the earlier Mainz8-D distributor was so great Ansuz decided to infill by introducing three new distributors at the Hi End show in Munich 2018. They are called the Mainz8 A2, Mainz8 C2 and Mainz8 D2.

The new units use a lot of the technology used in the Mainz8 D-TC (US$23k MSRP). The D-TC removes noise of the electrical mains but does so in a passive way – unlike many competing conditioners on the market which also reduce noise but do so at the cost of reducing instantaneous power and compressing dynamic range. Unlike traditional conditioners [note the Ansuz Mainz8 is labelled a “distributor” not a “conditioner”] the inductance of the AC supply is kept as low as possible to maximize power transfer even whilst addressing noise.

The mains noise addressed by the Mainz8, much of it high frequency (HF), high amplitude and transient, can otherwise bleed through the power supply sections of amplifiers and ultimately impact, in a most unsympathetic way, the signal paths.

Instead of filtering noise, like many of their competitors do, Ansuz use coils to soften HF spikes, thereby changing the shape of the noise. Why a coil? The answer is that a transient in a coil creates a current which a counter rotating coil can cancel. Ansuz even shape noise well beyond human HF hearing range as modern amplifiers and loudspeakers also have extended frequency ranges. However, cancellation is not 100% so a key difference between Ansuz Mainz8 A2, C2 and D2 distributor is the differing amount of noise suppression elements employed. More coils in parallel increases the effectiveness of the cancellation.

Furthermore, from model Mainz8 C2 and upward, Ansuz add two more technologies which they call Dither Tech and Anti Aerial (AARC).

Rather than attempt to explain what these technologies are let me instead describe what they achieve. In concert with the tesla coil’s mentioned above an audio system which uses the Mainz8 C2 distributor has lower noise and versus the A2 and earlier generation Mainz8-D a much blacker musical backdrop against which to enjoy music. In my experience a key benefit of blacker backgrounds is increased micro resolution and with some recordings the dawn of a new revelation – that there can actually be silence between musical notes ….

Photo: The internals of a Mainz8. Differences between Mainz8 A2,C2 & D2 models come down to differing amounts and types of noise suppression technologies employed and different quality levels of resonance controls (seen right). The jump in quality between the A2 & C2 is really big because of additional technologies used in the C2 and upward range.

Beyond noise suppression another key design feature of all Mainz8 units is an effective distribution of the ground [star grounding]. When you have electrical components in a system it is highly desirable to get a satisfactory ground reference between all these components in order to avoid ground currents.

Just how important is the mains distribution unit? Ask Ansuz and they will reply that they consider the Mainz8 as the heart of the audio system. After all, as described above, it is where all power to the system is distributed. It is also where the ground is distributed.

Quote Originally Posted by bpw356 View Post
    I also have a Naim system. Nd555.552,500. I really like all the Ansuz cables. I have tried almost all the Ansuz products in my system. I have yet to find one of their cables that didn't out perform any other cables I have tried. For me, I think the C2 cables are the minimum I would want in my system and might be the best value. Every time I have tried their higher grade cables I could clearly hear the improvement, that for me, was worth the extra cost. In any case, I would not hesitate to recommend the C2 cables over the A2.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by bpw356 View Post
    In this cable upgrade race do not forget the biggest bang for the buck, DARKZ! These are wonders of SQ hikers!

Mike

Super helpful, thanks. I shall read this a few times!

I did presume and intuit that the Mainz are entirely passive. Naim themselves, and quite uniformly their owners, abhor "power conditioners." They are reported, as you said, to compress dynamic range and otherwise "dull" the music. Thus I've never had interest in listening to the myriad power conditioners on the market. The dealer is also a big Naim dealer and fan himself, as well as a fan of the Naim-Ansuz combination.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post

The mains noise addressed by the Mainz8, much of it high frequency (HF), high amplitude and transient, can otherwise bleed through the power supply sections of amplifiers and ultimately impact, in a most unsympathetic way, the signal paths.
    Naim amplifier power supplies all use quite large toroidal transformers, housed in a box remote from the 'rest' of the amplifier circuitry. I wonder how this configuration is impacted by what the Mainz 'fix' vs. other hardware configurations - or if it's even relevant.

Naim amplifier power supplies all use quite large toroidal transformers, housed in a box remote from the 'rest' of the amplifier circuitry. I wonder how this configuration is impacted by what the Mainz 'fix' vs. other hardware configurations - or if it's even relevant.
    IMHO Naim is very clever placing power supplies in a separate box. Quite a few high end pre-amplifier designs take a similar approach.

By reducing noise in the mains in a non-inductive way [the design intent of the Mainz8] the amplifier see’s cleaner and high instantaneous power which enables it to perform in superior fashion.

Metaphorically, AC is like water. You can’t make beer, wine, scotch or bourbon with bad water and expect an optimal result.

IMHO Naim is very clever placing power supplies in a separate box. Quite a few high end pre-amplifier designs take a similar approach.

By reducing noise in the mains in a non-inductive way [the design intent of the Mainz8] the amplifier see’s cleaner and high instantaneous power which enables it to perform in superior fashion.

Metaphorically, AC is like water. You can’t make beer, wine, scotch or bourbon with bad water and expect an optimal result.
    I saw a little video with the Ansuz developers, and it did give me somewhat of a revelation. The AC power that comes off the street per se is the source of the signal that drives the speakers to produce the sound that reaches our ears. That supports the 'purity of the water to make great whisky' metaphor for me. Unlike, say, my kitchen refrigerator, where the AC power drives motors and compressors and fans, but is not the direct source of the final product, namely cold air.

So intuitively, "better" AC power produces a better signal to my speakers . . . but maybe analog and digital electronics isn't all that intuitive (??)

In any event I put in the order for a C2 Mainz and some C2 ac cables.

Great choice and enjoy!

Mike

Darkz update!

Just added some more Darkz DTC to my system! Now I have full support under Speakerz and Mainz cables. The effect was unexpectedly huge specially under the Speakerz cable, like adding a DTC box!!! For sure Mainz cables benefited almost as big in effect as for Speakerz. I already had Darkz C2t's under the cables so the effect came from changing C2t to DTC.
    I say it again, Darkz gives the biggest bang for the buck and the DTC is king!

Mike

Darkz update!

Just added some more Darkz DTC to my system! Now I have full support under Speakerz and Mainz cables. The effect was unexpectedly huge specially under the Speakerz cable, like adding a DTC box!!! For sure Mainz cables benefited almost as big in effect as for Speakerz. I already had Darkz C2t's under the cables so the effect came from changing C2t to DTC.
    I say it again, Darkz gives the biggest bang for the buck and the DTC is king!

Mike
    Nice one Mike.

I was wondering if you had tried the combination of D-TC Darkz + D-TC Darkz Cable Lifter under your speaker cables?

Nope! I always considered the cable lifters inferior due to the only one layer of ceramic balls hence I never bought any. Though I am pretty sure adding them on top as you suggests would add some beneficial Darkz effect from 4 layers of ceramic balls.

Still I hold DTC as the best Darkz after comparing with the 4 levels of the new Darkz. Pretty sure results will variate depending on equipment and system.

Mike

Well, I put the new Mainz D-TC in my system and there was a break-in period. A definite improvement with around 25 hours and some more by 50.

There has been an improvement across the spectrum, with Keith Jarrett's right hand producing magic notes that float in the air. Frank Sinatra has greater presence right there, and Sir Paul's plummy bass is, well, plummy. Overall, more emotional response from me to the music....

Put me somewhere between 'wow' and 'gobsmacked'.

Excellent. What did the D-TC Mainz replace?

Well, I put the new Mainz D-TC in my system and there was a break-in period. A definite improvement with around 25 hours and some more by 50.

There has been an improvement across the spectrum, with Keith Jarrett's right hand producing magic notes that float in the air. Frank Sinatra has greater presence right there, and Sir Paul's plummy bass is, well, plummy. Overall, more emotional response from me to the music....

Put me somewhere between 'wow' and 'gobsmacked'.
    Just be careful not to try the supreme. It's a world better than even the D-TC witch is phenomenal.
    George

Sounds great! I am on my way to pick up one myself today! Can't wait to hook it up!
    As Bart001 asks, what did the Mainz DTC replace?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Just be careful not to try the Supreme.
    I think my wallet has opened about as wide as it can stretch, so I will be careful to avoid listening to the Supreme.

As for the D-TC, it took the place of a Mainz D8 and a D1 power cord. I still have them, so next week I am going to plug the D8 into the D-TC and see what happens. Good things, I've read.

Bob

I think my wallet has opened about as wide as it can stretch, so I will be careful to avoid listening to the Supreme.

As for the D-TC, it took the place of a Mainz D8 and a D1 power cord. I still have them, so next week I am going to plug the D8 into the D-TC and see what happens. Good things, I've read.

Bob
    Please do report back what happens when you plug the Mainz8-D into the Mainz8 D-TC. I've also read good things but haven't actually tried it myself.

Please do report back what happens when you plug the Mainz8-D into the Mainz8 D-TC. I've also read good things but haven't actually tried it myself.
    Well, I picked the DTC mainz up and now its sits gracefully delivering spades of added insight, clarity and control to the music signal but still much more flow.
    Still have to exchange my C2 that runs to my Aavik with my D2 so I guess there is more to come.

Will keep you posted as I run a long with the breakin/Mike

D2 Mainz hooked to Aavik! Woops, the hike in SQ was as or close to DTC Mainz into Mainz8 DTC. D2 Mainz also gave an energetic push to music and extended the depth of the sound space. One very noticeable feature of both these upgrades was an much much better base control and resolution. Instruments and other effects suddenly have its own spot in space like going from 2D tv watching to 3D.

My Strads are still burning in and the DTC Mainz need some time as well so I expect some small hikes in SQ.

Fun this Ansuz stuff/Mike

Hi All,

The DTC Mainz has invited me to a roller coaster ride of SQ and about 40 hours playing it is still changing face from time to time. Anyone knows how long before burning in?

Mike

Hi Mike.

It should be sounding great out of the box.
    Ideally you want it to be burned in for about 100 hours though!
    As you might know.. Sometimes it hurts the most when you take it out of the system again.

Please keep me updated!
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Well, I used a D1 power cord to plug my Mainz D8 into my new D-TC. As expected there was improvement across the board. To misquote Gertrude Stein, there was more there there. Also, music became smoother (whatever that means -- less noise, perhaps?).

Bob

What is the sweet spot in the Ansuz line of cable for a Borresen 03 based system ? speaker cables and interconnects thanks.
    Speaker System : Thiel CS 3.7 - Vitus SIA-025 Mk2 - Aqua Acoustics LinQ - Aqua Acoustics Formula xHD Rev 2 - Fanless Intel NUC + Sbooster Mkll - Farad Super 3 - Paul Pang Quad Switch - Pink Faun LAN cables - Cardas Clear Beyond IC and SC - Furutech DSP 4.1 Power cables - Audioquest Niagara 3000 Power Conditioner - Woodlink Rack - Roon Rock - Qobuz & Tidal.

Headphone Rig : Hifiman HE-1000SE - Kennerton Ondin Mk2 - Chord Hugo 2 - Smartphone - Qobuz & Tidal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieliste View Post
    What is the sweet spot in the Ansuz line of cable for a Borresen 03 based system ? speaker cables and interconnects thanks.
    The simple answer - D2.

PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

thumbsup Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Sense View Post
    The simple answer - D2.

D2's powered by the new Power Switch.
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Here is a review of the C2 power cord:

http://www.audiodrom.net/en/power-ca...ansuz-mainz-c2
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories