Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1321

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Thanks for the update Dirk. That's good news and confirms the gap was purposed by design.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

So, any experiences with the new darkz? This is getting complicated with A,C,D,D2,DTC,C2t,D2t,T2,T2supreme. The retail price of the C2t is cheaper than the original C?

Dirk
    -
    Gauder Akustik RC 7 Mk2 Diamond / HGP Fuga ST / Infinity 9.2i / Infinity 9a
    Vitus Audio SIA-025 Mk2+Vitus SS-025 / ASR Emitter II HD Akku / Cambridge Edge A+W
    Vitus Audio SCD-025 Mk2 / Oppo 105 tuned by Gert Volk Audio / Simon Yorke S9 /Amazon1 + SME V
    Omtec Antares Phono Pre
    Magnan, Göbel, Acoustic Zen + Aural Symphonics Cable
    Shun Mook Diamond Resonators, Stillpoints Ultra SS
    Ansuz Mainz 8D, Mainz A

As I understood it it's a completely new Darkz line-up that replaces the old ones... as you say it doesn't make sense to have 9 different models.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Quote Originally Posted by Diasoft View Post
    So, any experiences with the new darkz? This is getting complicated with A,C,D,D2,DTC,C2t,D2t,T2,T2supreme. The retail price of the C2t is cheaper than the original C?

Dirk
    Hello again Dirk,

There won’t be much in the way of end user experiences with the new Ansuz Darkz resonance control devices yet as they’ve only just been released with first official launch at the recent High End 2019 show in Munich. The four new models will replace the earlier versions. For pricing its best you ask your local dealer but it does look like the C2t recommended retail price is cheaper than the original C version.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Anyone here use an Ansuz Mainz power unit but have non-Ansuz cables in the mix? Which other cable brands synergize well with Ansuz Mainz units? Thanks

"other cables", is there such a thing?! 😃

Nordost is a brand that has good synergy with Ansuz.
    I had entire Nordost loom before changing out with Nordost.
    Both pretty similar sound, but I found the Ansuz to be more "musical" and to a better price (or if choose same price, just like a higher level of Nordost. IMHO)
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Nordost is a brand that has good synergy with Ansuz.
    I had entire Nordost loom before changing out with Nordost.
    Both pretty similar sound, but I found the Ansuz to be more "musical" and to a better price (or if choose same price, just like a higher level of Nordost. IMHO)
    I agree Nordost and Ansuz are a good synergy.

I have a few of their C2 power cables and XLRs that play against Nordost Valhalla 2 and Odin with no issue.

Are you all Nordost or all Ansuz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I agree Nordost and Ansuz are a good synergy.

I have a few of their C2 power cables and XLRs that play against Nordost Valhalla 2 and Odin with no issue.

Are you all Nordost or all Ansuz?

I am sure the NO Valhalla 2 and Odin will make it great in your system as well.

I had all Nordost before Ansuz started and then Lars informed me they will soon start out with cabling as well, so I started out with Ansuz when they got released. Then changed out the Nordost cables over a couple of years and have had entire Ansuz since then.
    Very happy about it and keep amazes me with every upgrade in level.
    Buch

I too started with Nordost. When Ansuz came out I started with the foundation C1 from the wall to D8 and a C from the D8 to the Aavik after hearing a private demo at a friends home. I agree as you moved up the line there was an improvement. While the diamond was the best the cost difference vs sound quality was too great for me to justify. I eventually got C speaker cables and a D digital cable. I have since upgraded to D-TC Supreme pc from the wall to a D-TC power bar - C2 to the Aavik - C2 speaker cables and a D-TC digital cable. IMO the Version 2 cables trounce the originals as good as they were. Plus as you move up the line the difference in SQ is much greater. The jump from D-TC to D-TC Supreme is very significant and very expensive.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Who has had the opportunity to perform direct comparisons between Norton Valhalla2 or Odin2 with the higher end Ansuz cables/power cords, and what have been your results?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockport Lyra speakers; TotalDac Amp-1 mono blocks; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; TotalDac d1-driver monos; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC with two reclockers; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Taiko Extreme server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Taiko Audio Daiza Platforms; Nordost Odin2 Power Cords and Analog ICs; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Nordost and Ansuz cables are very different IMO, Nordost uses "exotic" conductor materials, where Ansuz uses the same copper throughout their range (as far as I know) but is paying more attention to mechanical isolation of the cables.

I have a few Ansuz cables, the powercords give the best results in my set up, especially after adding a Mainz 8 D2 distribution block. (star earthing, together with the large earth wiring in their power cables make my system very quiet)
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
    Nordost and Ansuz cables are very different IMO, Nordost uses "exotic" conductor materials, where Ansuz uses the same copper throughout their range (as far as I know) but is paying more attention to mechanical isolation of the cables.

I have a few Ansuz cables, the powercords give the best results in my set up, especially after adding a Mainz 8 D2 distribution block. (star earthing, together with the large earth wiring in their power cables make my system very quiet)
    Soundwise, you also find them very different?

Sendt fra min G8441 med Tapatalk
    Buch

The biggest difference I hear between Ansuz and Nordost is not in tonality but in the 'openness' of the sound with better separation in voices and instruments. The vocals to me sound more lifelike with more micro detail. The focus is also more precise. I'm talking interconnects and speaker cables here. That's something you may not hear right away if swapping those cables by listening to 1 track and swapping back.

As far as power cords the difference I hear is a much blacker background so similar to the interconnects and speaker cables but also found with moving up the power cord line I can play louder before the speaker drivers 'pop'. That I found back when I had Raidho's. What really amazed me is when going to the D-TC supreme cable is the music played about 50% louder without changing the volume even at low levels. So I thought maybe it was a heavier gauge cord so I put in 10 and 8 gauge power cords. Nope that wasn't it. I never tried to push the max volume to hear if it played even louder before 'popping'. Loud is rare for me so it really wasn't that important.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

From my experience the Ansuz C2 power cables and interconnects are great for amps and distribution.

In my system, I have worked a C2 power cable into the systems heart; the PreAmp and interconnects to the DAC - they do play in the Odin league offering more of the sound quality attributes mentioned in these posts in a smoothness type of way. I have 1 C2 power cable sitting on the sidelines.

Ansuz approaches grounding different than Nordost, and in a more simpler manner using only distribution and the power cables themselves. To bring the most out, I would highly recommended the Ansuz Mainz Distribution. Conversely, the Nordost QRT system approach uses three models of QKore; 1,3 & 6 to address parallel grounding. I run the 6 which has 6 parallel grounding ports, meaning another box and more cables although $350.00 grounding cables and not $5K on up power cables, but however you slice it the $’s adds up and cable management is hard enough as it is without more.

One thing I found it was too much when I put a C2 in my Transport and then separately powering my LPS that supports a modem and router on a separate circuit, too much meaning it sounded digital and unnatural to the recording, kinda like steroids do to bodybuilders, but it’s all to you liking and not mine.

With so many variables, there’s the only golden rule of try it, listen and see if it works - both offer high levels of performance like the German automakers branding of AMG versus M series.

Hope this helps in some way Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Soundwise, you also find them very different?

Sendt fra min G8441 med Tapatalk

The Nordost cables sounded a bit leaner, the Ansuz power cables sound very coherent in my system.
    (have to say that I have only tried the Tyr 2, not the Valhalla or Odin lines)
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

The Nordost cables sounded a bit leaner, the Ansuz power cables sound very coherent in my system.
    (have to say that I have only tried the Tyr 2, not the Valhalla or Odin lines)
    Thanks for clearing up that you hadn’t heard the Valhalla or Odin.

Comparison to Odin2 or Valhalla2 would be most welcome

Rockport Lyra speakers; TotalDac Amp-1 mono blocks; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; TotalDac d1-driver monos; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC with two reclockers; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Taiko Extreme server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Taiko Audio Daiza Platforms; Nordost Odin2 Power Cords and Analog ICs; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Well, I installed my Mainz 8D with Mainz A(1). My old power bar is from Aural Symphonics. A lot of things got better, but I lost highs, openess and air. I wonder what a Mainz C would get me?
    I made two additional attempts: a) All my Vitus gear with Vitus power cords into the Aural Symphonics power bar, the Aural Symphonics power bar into the D8 and via A(1) into the wall socket, b) my gear into the Aural Symphonics power bar and into the wall socket and the empty D8 via A(1) into the next wall socket.
    a) and b) got me basically the same results, more punch, black background and less air and less openess. So I wonder if an Mainz C will be the solution?
    Thanks,
    Dirk

Gauder Akustik RC 7 Mk2 Diamond / HGP Fuga ST / Infinity 9.2i / Infinity 9a
    Vitus Audio SIA-025 Mk2+Vitus SS-025 / ASR Emitter II HD Akku / Cambridge Edge A+W
    Vitus Audio SCD-025 Mk2 / Oppo 105 tuned by Gert Volk Audio / Simon Yorke S9 /Amazon1 + SME V
    Omtec Antares Phono Pre
    Magnan, Göbel, Acoustic Zen + Aural Symphonics Cable
    Shun Mook Diamond Resonators, Stillpoints Ultra SS
    Ansuz Mainz 8D, Mainz A

Hi guys, I'm considering to put the Ansuz XTC after my current toroidal isolation transformer. May I have an advice on this configuration.
    Thank you

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by duynguyen7307 View Post
    Hi guys, I'm considering to put the Ansuz XTC after my current toroidal isolation transformer. May I have an advice on this configuration.
    Sound and performance wise it's of course difficult to make a recommendation without testing, but as a personal opinion and how I would like my own system to be I feel there's one component too much in your suggested configuration. Maybe sell the Toroidal and get a Mainz 8 higher up the ladder instead (for example the Mainz 8 A2 or C2)?
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

In the last few days I've made a great deal, I managed to score a second hand Mainz 8 D2 and at the same time pass my C2 on to a friend. Some serious money in between of course, as always when it comes to our favorite brand from Denmark, but I figured it could be worth it.

I remember when I decided to go for the C2 that it felt like a good place to be, it was about what I could afford at the time and I also wanted to stay on a "sane" level as I was replacing all of my gear. People that had tried both claimed the D2 to be much better of course. A few months later Frits came to Stockholm to demo all the new goodies, switching between C2 and D2 I immediately felt poor because I realised I had to go there one day. It was that obvious.

With Ansuz as we all know, there's always a level above to keep dreaming about. Today my dream of that next level became real. It's not that the C2 is not any good, it most definitely is, but the D2 is just something else. As usual. I know some of you here are blessed with the DTC, which is yet another step, and then comes the mighty DTC Supreme of course, but every level is a personal achievement and I'm very very happy about having done this one.

And the best thing is that my friend is now slowly discovering the world of Ansuz. I'm almost as happy for him as I am for myself...

I'm actually in evaluation mode of new speakers, this just happened to drop in my knee and when I realised I could make it happen I couldn't resist. The immediate and spontaneous feeling when plugging the D2 in and having a first listen was something like "woaahh, do I really need new speakers?!". It made such a dramatic difference and improvement it's almost difficult to believe it's the same system. Well, new speakers is still on the list, and I actually listened to something very promising earlier today. We'll see what happens there....

Anyway, if someone is thinking about upgrading to D2, don't hesitate!
    Last edited by VoicesInMyHead; June 27, 2019 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Added link

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    In the last few days I've made a great deal, I managed to score a second hand Mainz 8 D2 and at the same time pass my C2 on to a friend. Some serious money in between of course, as always when it comes to our favorite brand from Denmark, but I figured it could be worth it.

I remember when I decided to go for the C2 that it felt like a good place to be, it was about what I could afford at the time and I also wanted to stay on a "sane" level as I was replacing all of my gear. People that had tried both claimed the D2 to be much better of course. A few months later Frits came to Stockholm to demo all the new goodies, switching between C2 and D2 I immediately felt poor because I realised I had to go there one day. It was that obvious.

With Ansuz as we all know, there's always a level above to keep dreaming about. Today my dream of that next level became real. It's not that the C2 is not any good, it most definitely is, but the D2 is just something else. As usual. I know some of you here are blessed with the DTC, which is yet another step, and then comes the mighty DTC Supreme of course, but every level is a personal achievement and I'm very very happy about having done this one.

And the best thing is that my friend is now slowly discovering the world of Ansuz. I'm almost as happy for him as I am for myself...

I'm actually in evaluation mode of new speakers, this just happened to drop in my knee and when I realised I could make it happen I couldn't resist. The immediate and spontaneous feeling when plugging the D2 in and having a first listen was something like "woaahh, do I really need new speakers?!". It made such a dramatic difference and improvement it's almost difficult to believe it's the same system. Well, new speakers is still on the list, and I actually listened to something very promising earlier today. We'll see what happens there....

I'm in the middle of a downsizing exercise. I've replaced 3 Mainz DTC PC's with C2's and went back from a Mainz8 DTC to a D8. I've got 3 Digitalz DTC's and a USB DTC to dispose of. Going from a Chord stack to a Naim Nova eliminated the need for the cables.
    I realized that I'd gone too far when I sold my Aurender N10 so I obtained a Lumin X1.
    I'm replacing Nordost Haimdall 2 Ethernets with Ansuz D2, A2 and X Ethernets and upgrading my home network with an AQVOX switch and a GigaFoil Ethernet filter. Upgrading my network has made a significant difference and it's satisfying to make a difference equal to upgrading an expensive device for such a small investment.
    Using a D2 and the GigaFoil between the switch and the Nova gives the Nova an advantage over the magnificent X1 fed with an A2.
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherneck View Post
    I'm in the middle of a downsizing exercise. I've replaced 3 Mainz DTC PC's with C2's and went back from a Mainz8 DTC to a D8. I've got 3 Digitalz DTC's and a USB DTC to dispose of. Going from a Chord stack to a Naim Nova eliminated the need for the cables.
    I realized that I'd gone too far when I sold my Aurender N10 so I obtained a Lumin X1.
    I'm replacing Nordost Haimdall 2 Ethernets with Ansuz D2, A2 and X Ethernets and upgrading my home network with an AQVOX switch and a GigaFoil Ethernet filter. Upgrading my network has made a significant difference and it's satisfying to make a difference equal to upgrading an expensive device for such a small investment.
    Using a D2 and the GigaFoil between the switch and the Nova gives the Nova an advantage over the magnificent X1 fed with an A2.
    That's a serious downsizing project Bud, almost more of a U-turn I'd say, I did something similar a year ago but nowhere near downgrading like that. I went a more minimalistic direction but I'm still keeping the foundation of power and power distribution as high as possible, no plans at all to change that. Speaker and signal cables are currently at A2 level though. It's always fun to change a few things out and go in another direction, it's after all a hobby and we're not supposed to sit still for too long...

That's a serious downsizing project Bud, almost more of a U-turn I'd say, I did something similar a year ago but nowhere near downgrading like that. I went a more minimalistic direction but I'm still keeping the foundation of power and power distribution as high as possible, no plans at all to change that. Speaker and signal cables are currently at A2 level though. It's always fun to change a few things out and go in another direction, it's after all a hobby and we're not supposed to sit still for too long...
    Because of age and health issues, I'm downsizing my system to a more manageable investment. I'm also sleeping better at night w/o thinking about the insane amount of money I'd spent on just cables.
    I've gone back to focusing on the music not the hardware.
    Bud<br>

ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect

Hi. I'm not too familiar with the Torroidal isolation transformer, but what I could find on the web it's a sort of power conditioner. The philosophy in Ansuz is different than most power conditioners. In most cases the power distributioner and an external conditioner doesn't go very well together. "Mains current noise is delicate matter, if you use too strong tools you also remove the music transients that keeps the music alive." My own experiences is that by adding power conditioners it will take out some of the drive and dynamics in order to "purify" the sound.

But in the end there is only one way to find out if it works or not. Try it in the system with the conditioner, try it without the conditioner and try the conditioner without the XTC.
    Anyway I would recommend you to use your best cable from the wall socket to the XTC since that cable is what sets the standard for the rest of your system.
    Scansonic MB-1, Aavik U-300, Sony CD Player as transport, mixture of ansuz cables in different qualities, Ansuz Mainz X Power Distribution, Ansuz Power Distribution for DTC cables

Thanks for the update. Looks like you are pleased with the deal.

I’m also an Ansuz Mainz8 D2 owner and I am delighted with my unit. The progression for me was Nordost QBase 8 to Ansuz Mainz8-D to Ansuz Mainz8 D2.

Yes I would have loved a Mainz8 D-TC or better still the new Mainz8 Supreme – but the price points were beyond my reach. Maybe one day.

Do treat your D2 to some nice footers. I have Darkz D-TC under my unit and have some Darkz T2 Supreme on back order.

Inspired by some recent AS digital posts I’m popping into an Ansuz dealer next week to collect an Ethernet cable. It just never ends – but if the sound quality keeps on improving, why would I want it to?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Thanks for the update. Looks like you are pleased with the deal.

I’m also an Ansuz Mainz8 D2 owner and I am delighted with my unit. The progression for me was Nordost QBase 8 to Ansuz Mainz8-D to Ansuz Mainz8 D2.

Yes I would have loved a Mainz8 D-TC or better still the new Mainz8 Supreme – but the price points were beyond my reach. Maybe one day.

Do treat your D2 to some nice footers. I have Darkz D-TC under my unit and have some Darkz T2 Supreme on back order.

Inspired by some recent AS digital posts I’m popping into an Ansuz dealer next week to collect an Ethernet cable. It just never ends – but if the sound quality keeps on improving, why would I want it to?
    Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories

For some time now I've owned Chord Super Serum Interconnects. They've survived numerous purges to my system because I like Chord and especially these. Now I'm thinking since I've moved on to Ansuz I should think about upgrading the Super Serums.

First I thought about moving up to Chord Musics or something like them from Nordost. However, what I'd be getting is the same sound with a bit more polish. Not anything different.

Apparently, I'd get differences with Ansuz. To recap, what i seem to read is that Ansuz isn't as detailed or quiet but provides a more pleasant listening experience that's unique.

Can anyone give me their opinion of Ansuz Signalz IC's and perhaps a comparison between C2's vs D2's?
    Bud<br>

Bud, you've been on quite an Ansuz journey, then scaling down drastically, are you now thinking about "coming back" again?

I came from Chord Sarum to Ansuz POM & Ceramic a few years ago, the newer Sarum models were not available at the time so I don't know anything about their performance, but at the time the change to Ansuz was not a subtle change for me, it was in fact my first steps into what I consider myself to be high-end audio, almost a kind of revelation actually and after that nothing was ever the same anymore.

Bud, you've been on quite an Ansuz journey, then scaling down drastically, are you now thinking about "coming back" again?

I came from Chord Sarum to Ansuz POM & Ceramic a few years ago, the newer Sarum models were not available at the time so I don't know anything about their performance, but at the time the change to Ansuz was not a subtle change for me, it was in fact my first steps into what I consider myself to be high-end audio, almost a kind of revelation actually and after that nothing was ever the same anymore.
    No, it's just an adjustment. I'm using some disposable Digitalz DTC's as trade-in's to replace the Mainz D8 with a new A2 and to add a D2 Ethernet. When the dust settles, I'll replace the Chord IC's with something from Ansuz. I'd love to have D2's but I'll probably get C2's if I can work a good trade.

So now I have the A2 and D2 in the pipeline along with two more Ansuz X ethernets to replace Nordost Haimdall 2's. I also have another Gigifoil Ethernet filter plus two power supplies for the Gigifoils coming. The Gigafoils are the real deal. Once you hear what they can do, you won't be without them. I put one between the switch and my Lumin X1 and had to quickly order another one to go between the switch and the Naim Nova.

I should be done with this madness but there will be some serious value left in DTC cables to use for cash or trade.
    Bud<br>

No, it's just an adjustment. I'm using some disposable Digitalz DTC's as trade-in's to replace the Mainz D8 with a new A2 and to add a D2 Ethernet. When the dust settles, I'll replace the Chord IC's with something from Ansuz. I'd love to have D2's but I'll probably get C2's if I can work a good trade.

So now I have the A2 and D2 in the pipeline along with two more Ansuz X ethernets to replace Nordost Haimdall 2's. I also have another Gigifoil Ethernet filter plus two power supplies for the Gigifoils coming. The Gigafoils are the real deal. Once you hear what they can do, you won't be without them. I put one between the switch and my Lumin X1 and had to quickly order another one to go between the switch and the Naim Nova.

I should be done with this madness but there will be some serious value left in DTC cables to use for cash or trade.
    Wow two filters?

I’m not familiar with the Lumin names but are those for two systems?

Ansuz seems to take a beating when time to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    Wow two filters?

I’m not familiar with the Lumin names but are those for two systems?

Ansuz seems to take a beating when time to sell.

The L1 is just a fancy NAS. The X1 is a streamer/DAC combo.
    I'm going to have a Gigafoil between the switch and the X1 plus a Naim Nova.
    You need a filter between the switch and each end point. It does get costly since each time you need an extra ethernet cable.
    I just made a good deal on Ansuz C2 IC's to replace my Chord Super Serum's. The C2's were less costly than ChordMusics and Nordost cables.
    That should do it. Everything is in the pipe line now (from Denmark, China, San Diego and Taiwan).
    Now I have to wait for everything to break in. (the story of my life).
    Bud<br>

The L1 is just a fancy NAS. The X1 is a streamer/DAC combo.
    I'm going to have a Gigafoil between the switch and the X1 plus a Naim Nova.
    You need a filter between the switch and each end point. It does get costly since each time you need an extra ethernet cable.
    I just made a good deal on Ansuz C2 IC's to replace my Chord Super Serum's. The C2's were less costly than ChordMusics and Nordost cables.
    That should do it. Everything is in the pipe line now (from Denmark, China, San Diego and Taiwan).
    Now I have to wait for everything to break in. (the story of my life).

Hi,
    Anyone interested in 2m dtc or 2m c2 PC?
    Please contact for more Info.
    Ollie
    Ollie
    Auf
    Nagra Professional Tube dac, nagra classic Pre and classic amp, Avantgarde acoustic Duos xd, cec 2 tln, Aqvox se, Melco 1 z 2s, mainz8 dtc, Mainz dtc, Furutech rhodium ncs, all interconnects digital and analog diamond version 1, all Mainz ceramic / diamond v1

Hi
    Due to changes i have also a d2 network 1,5 m, a 2 m a2 USB and a 1 m diamond spdif to offer. The dtc and c2 PCs habe european plugs.
    Please senden pn If you are interested.
    Please note i am based in germany.
    Ollie
    Auf
    Nagra Professional Tube dac, nagra classic Pre and classic amp, Avantgarde acoustic Duos xd, cec 2 tln, Aqvox se, Melco 1 z 2s, mainz8 dtc, Mainz dtc, Furutech rhodium ncs, all interconnects digital and analog diamond version 1, all Mainz ceramic / diamond v1

Dealing with two streamers (Naim and Lumin) didn't make sense. I have replaced my Nova/Lumin system with Naim NDX2/SN2/HiCap DR. It provides the same user experience as the Nova with better SQ. So now I've eliminated two IC's plus a Gigafoil and iFi power cable.

I now have an Ansuz D2 ethernet, 2 Anxuz X ethernets and 2 Nordost Haimdall 2 ethernets to sell. All of them one meter.
    The Gigafoil/iFi PS has been sold but if anyone is interested in the ethernets please PM me.
    Bud<br>

Correction, I now have one Ansuz D2 Ethernet cable and one Ansuz X Ethernet cable to sell. Both are 2 meter, not one meter. Please send me a private message if interested. The D2 is as good as you can get and I think the X is better than the Nordost Haimdalls which I found to be better then any of Audioquest except the Diamond.
    Bud<br>

Hi Everyone...I’ve got a very positive experience to share with you here... this (true) story started about a year or so ago. I have a dear friend who has spent the past few years building a world class HiFi system. He currently has a Pass XS preamp, Audionet Max amps, Mola Mola Tambaqui dac, an Acoustic Signature turntable, Esoteric transport, and YG Sonja 2.2 loudspeakers.

It all started with an Ansuz C2 power cord. Until recently he had been using a variety of well regarded cables (Shunyata, Tellurium Q, Kimber, etc). He asked me to sell him a C2 power cord for at the time my systems had looms of C2 and D2. I wanted him to experience in his system what I’d been experiencing in mine so I agreed. Well, since that first C2 power cord he has repeatedly come back asking for another, and another and another...

Last weekend he hit the point where it made sense to complete the loom - again, mostly all C2 (now with a DTC digital cable and D2 speaker cables). We added C2 interconnects, the last of the power cords...

In a word, the result is simply astounding! While his system sounded on point and top rate before, it now has so much coherence, detail, and soul. It’s so very harmonic and musical and now quite frankly the end result is this... when one sits down in front of his system he/she goes to a performance rather than listens to a recording. This captures the outcome best. He is over the moon happy with what he is experiencing and now truly understands the importance of having the right foundation. I’m just happy he’s so thrilled...

Oh, and as for me? I now have mixed looms of DTC and DTC Supreme... how do they sound? You can only imagine... Ansuz Cables &amp; AccessoriesAnsuz Cables &amp; Accessories

One last thought... while DTC and DTC is at the pinnacle of the spectrum...should you experience the sound of C2 and/or D2 you’d know performance at this level is top rate all the way...

Thanks for letting me share - giving to others and seeing their satisfaction is so much more rewarding than self fulfillment...

All the best...

Quote Originally Posted by tapedeck
    Hi kiwi_1282001,

Re Ansuz Acoustics Mainz 8-D Distributor

I have acquired above item but I do not know what components are to be be plugged to which socket of this distributor.

Separately with what TYPE of cable can I connect the ground of this distributor to which part of my amplifier ; as advised as follows " When using the Mainz8 try to connect the Main Ground to your pre- or integrated amplifier where your sources are connected. Doing this will minimize the ground potential between your devices and thus minimize ground current and signal induced fluctuations " by this website " http://consumer.e-e.com.au/audio/pow...ributor-d.html "

Your kind advise will be very much appreciated,
    Thank you.

Hello Tapedeck and congratulations on the acquisition of the Ansuz Mainz8-D.

The “Main Ground” is colour coded on the Mainz8. It is a central mains input socket. See photo below.

The AC power cord to your pre-amplifier or integrated amplifier should be connected here.

The AC power cords of all of your other audio components should also be plugged into the Mainz8 Distributor as the low impedance star grounding system will help minimize the ground potential between your devices. Personally, I place power cords for source components nearest the mains inlet (far right in below photo).

Further, you may see a ground connector on the end of your Mainz8 distributor. You can ignore this unless you are using more than one Mainz8 Distributor. This is used to connect both distributors so they use the same star ground.

Hi, my system consists of a power amp, dac and media server. What should, technically wise, be the preferred device to plug into the middle socket of the Mainz 8D?

Thanks for your advice!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Pixel 3 XL met Tapatalk

Ansuz recommends an amp or a pre-amp.
    Bud<br>

For years I resisted putting a subwoofer and crossover into my audio system believing the main speakers could provide enough bass without inserting less expensive audio equipment. Well they simply can't - except perhaps a few speakers at the very top end. Except for the Infinity Betas I owned back in the late 1980s I didn't experience visceral bass. And with Raidho emphasis on mids and highs with bass drop off beginning below 80 Hz, the bass wasn't visceral either.

After I finally decided to install a JL Audio F212v2 subwoofer and CR-1 active crossover, I needed more cables. I considered more Nordost Valhalla because I've read from informed sources it's best to stay with a single manufacturer. But I've been a fan of Michael Borresen since 2011 when I first heard the Raidho line of speakers at RMAF. Borresen has a degree in physics, was a designer at Nordost
    , chief designer for Raidho, and designer at other Denmark audio companies such as Scansonic. Borresen and Lars Kristensen started Ansuz Acoustics a few years ago. Borresen designed Ansuz cables and power conditioners/distributors using both physics principles and critical listening. Based on Borresen's experience with Nordost and Raidho I believed the Ansuz cables would have a similar sound - I was right.

I purchased two Ansuz PC's: one to run from the Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) duplex wall receptacle to an Ansuz Mains8 D-TC, and the other from the Mains8 to the EMM Labs XDS1v2 together with a Ansuz C2 XLR IC to connect the XDS1 to the JRDG Corus. I also used Ansuz Darkz DTC resonance controls under the XDS1 and Mains8. That allowed me to free up a set of Nordost Ti Pulsar Points to place under the JL Audio CR-1 (reinforcing the benefit of resonance control).

I've also spent quite a lot of time integrating the subwoofer adjusting the sub phase control around the 80 hz frequency. This not only made Raidho D3s/sub sound as one, but improved both the bass dynamic and resolution of both the bass and D3s. The power, additional resonance control, and sub changes allowed me to hear more of the music. Very subtle finger/bow movements of string instruments, tighter reverberation on drum kits, sound waves off cymbals, the air from brass instruments, and more lifelike 3-dimensional space around instruments and vocalists.

And while I knew power was very important (it's what we hear), this experience tells me I should have greatly prioritized A/C over other cabling far sooner. It's taken me a very long time to get to this point, but with well recorded material I have a full multi-dimensional soundstage allowing me to hear deeply into the music now, with a commensurate emotional improvement.
    Acoustic Frontiers Acoustic Design media room; Raidho D3; Boulder 1160; JL Audio F212v2; EMM Labs DV2; EMM Labs XDS1v2 (transport); JL Audio CR-1; Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC; Solidtech ROS; Nordost & Ansuz cabling & resonance control.
    http://systems.audiogon.com/systems/5013

Quote Originally Posted by LenWhite View Post
    For years I resisted putting a subwoofer and crossover into my audio system believing the main speakers could provide enough bass without inserting less expensive audio equipment. Well they simply can't - except perhaps a few speakers at the very top end. Except for the Infinity Betas I owned back in the late 1980s I didn't experience visceral bass. And with Raidho emphasis on mids and highs with bass drop off beginning below 80 Hz, the bass wasn't visceral either.

After I finally decided to install a JL Audio F212v2 subwoofer and CR-1 active crossover, I needed more cables. I considered more Nordost Valhalla because I've read from informed sources it's best to stay with a single manufacturer. But I've been a fan of Michael Borresen since 2011 when I first heard the Raidho line of speakers at RMAF. Borresen has a degree in physics, was a designer at Nordost
    , chief designer for Raidho, and designer at other Denmark audio companies such as Scansonic. Borresen and Lars Kristensen started Ansuz Acoustics a few years ago. Borresen designed Ansuz cables and power conditioners/distributors using both physics principles and critical listening. Based on Borresen's experience with Nordost and Raidho I believed the Ansuz cables would have a similar sound - I was right.

I purchased two Ansuz PC's: one to run from the Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) duplex wall receptacle to an Ansuz Mains8 D-TC, and the other from the Mains8 to the EMM Labs XDS1v2 together with a Ansuz C2 XLR IC to connect the XDS1 to the JRDG Corus. I also used Ansuz Darkz DTC resonance controls under the XDS1 and Mains8. That allowed me to free up a set of Nordost Ti Pulsar Points to place under the JL Audio CR-1 (reinforcing the benefit of resonance control).

I've also spent quite a lot of time integrating the subwoofer adjusting the sub phase control around the 80 hz frequency. This not only made Raidho D3s/sub sound as one, but improved both the bass dynamic and resolution of both the bass and D3s. The power, additional resonance control, and sub changes allowed me to hear more of the music. Very subtle finger/bow movements of string instruments, tighter reverberation on drum kits, sound waves off cymbals, the air from brass instruments, and more lifelike 3-dimensional space around instruments and vocalists.

And while I knew power was very important (it's what we hear), this experience tells me I should have greatly prioritized A/C over other cabling far sooner. It's taken me a very long time to get to this point, but with well recorded material I have a full multi-dimensional soundstage allowing me to hear deeply into the music now, with a commensurate emotional improvement.
    Good for you, sounds like your on a good path, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo70 View Post
    Hi, my system consists of a power amp, dac and media server. What should, technically wise, be the preferred device to plug into the middle socket of the Mainz 8D?

Thanks for your advice!

Where is your pre-amp?

If you pre-amp is integrated with the DAC then that's what i'd initially try at the 'main ground' connection point.

Quote Originally Posted by LenWhite View Post

[...]

What a journey Len and happy to read of your satisfaction with the sound. There is no doubt in my mind that Ansuz products can unlock audio system potential. A summit is reached when an emotional bridge connects music to the human psyche.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Where is your pre-amp?

If you pre-amp is integrated with the DAC then that's what i'd initially try at the 'main ground' connection point.
    Hi Kiwi, I am indeed using my dac as a pre-amp and I have it connected to the main ground. My idea is that the dac is the most central point in my (small) system and therefore the shortest grounding path for all devices. But I read that others connect the amplifier to this socket. Perhaps, I thought, there is a good technical reason for that. Haven't tried it myself though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo70 View Post
    Hi Kiwi, I am indeed using my dac as a pre-amp and I have it connected to the main ground. My idea is that the dac is the most central point in my (small) system and therefore the shortest grounding path for all devices. But I read that others connect the amplifier to this socket. Perhaps, I thought, there is a good technical reason for that. Haven't tried it myself though.

I think the idea that your DAC is the central point of your system is correct.

Ansuz generally recommend the pre-amp is connected to the "main ground" of your Ansuz Mainz8-D since other sources are generally connected to that. Doing this will minimize the ground potential between your devices and thus minimize ground current and signal induced fluctuations. By all means experiment though.

Initially launched at the HIGH END 2019 show in Munich Germany the new Ansuz PowerSwitch had its first public launch on U.S. soil last week at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - High-end Consumer Audio Show (RMAF 2019).

The Ansuz PowerSwitch which comes in four quality levels (X-TC, A2, D2 and D-TC SUPREME) is a combination of a LAN switch and a PowerBox (also available as a separate Ansuz product) for active Ansuz D2, D-TC and D-TC SUPREME digital cables.

As widely recognized in high-end audio everything matters and the advent and increasing popularity of music streaming has to some extent exchanged convenience (easy access to vast music libraries) for added complexity (more boxes and cables) and with it unfortunately a degradation of sound quality. Common switches / bridges by the likes of Linksys, Netgear and Cisco are ok but they are not optimized with HiFi audio in mind and the PowerSwitch is an attempt by Ansuz to remedy this.

Photo: Ansuz Acoustics PowerSwitch – An Ethernet switch and active digital cable powerbox conceived and constructed with high end audio usage in mind. Ansuz, Aavik and Borresen Acoustics is fascinated with on-going research in how our environment (RFI/EMI/vibrations etc.) can degrade audio. With high-end audio everything matters and "everything" includes your LAN switch, its PSU, its resonance controls and more, much more.

A question was raised in the Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers thread (Borresen speakers are a sister company to Ansuz Acoustics) Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers as to why Ansuz included a PowerBox with the LAN?

To understand the reason for this one needs to understand the PowerBox function. Certain models of Ansuz cable (D2, DT-C and SUPREME) use tesla coil and dither technologies in order to reduce noise and make for a blacker background against which to enjoy music. Power (low voltage) is needed to activate these technologies and this voltage is carried by thin conductors terminated each end with minijacks. One end plugs into the Ansuz PowerBox, the other into the oval cable housing.

Since the Ansuz PowerSwitch is likely to be positioned close to the broadband access point / cable modem of your home, which in turn connects to a router, Ansuz wanted to ensure that Ethernet cables used in the vicinity could also enjoy the benefit of active noise reduction technologies.

Photo: The Ansuz Power Switch LAN. Ansuz believe that if you subtract noise the quality of your streamed audio will improve. The cable access and router points of a typical home are a high noise (RFI/EMI/airborne and internal micro vibration) environment and Ansuz’s plan to address this includes employing active noise reduction technologies in not just the LAN switch but also the attached Ethernet cables.

I just bought the Ansuz Power Switch. It's due to arrive tomorrow. It will replace an Ansuz Power Box and an Advox switch. I bought the D2 version which exceeds the DTC power box in performance.

The Advox switch is excellent and probably one of the best of the audiophile grade switches. I was told that the switching function of the Ansuz product gets better as you move up the line. I'm hoping the D2 version of the Ansuz switch will be better than the Advox.

Bud
    Bud<br>

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team