Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627
Results 1,301 to 1,321 of 1321

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

That certainly sounds like a very good approach! "Unfortunately", I got caught out on several occasions, trying cables from a higher Ansuz range than I had at home, despite being reasonably content with the sound of my system. It was at those times that I heard clearly what was lacking and it was really hard to go back to the original set-up...... The audiophile rabbit hole is never ending it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by klesken View Post
    It is hard to believe it has been almost one year since anyone made a comment on this thread. I wonder if people stopped using Ansuz products?
    Ansuz may have priced itself out of a large part of the market segment here at AudioShark. I certainly like my Ansuz loom, but the cost of upgrading has stopped me.

It’s a significant cost but I was very pleased with the Mainz8 C2 distributor. The C2 power cables were worthwhile into my DAC but seemed to make no difference to my streamer. I’d love a D2 into the distributor at some point but I certainly don’t think anything is lacking and I’m more inclined to upgrade my DAC’s power supply or go higher put the range with my speakers before spending anything else on cables.

In all honestly though, I’m perfectly happy with my system and haven’t thought about trying anything else for quite some time.
    Ansuz C2 power cables & Mainz8 C2 / Sablon Audio Ethernet / Innuos PhoenixNET / Auralic Aries G2 / Sablon Audio 2020 USB / Chord M-Scaler / WAVE Storm Dual BNC / Chord DAVE / Belden XLR / ATC SCM40A speakers, Focal Stellia and ZMF Verite Open headphones

Yes, climbing the Ansuz ladder becomes both expensive and obsessive with the added SQ. I put my efforts on Mainz cables as the give the most rewards in my system even if I also have signal cables D-level. I actually started making my own signal cables based on some ideas I had (grounding and geometry)and it worked out fine achieving same levels as D. However in comparison DTC has a blacker background.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Yes, climbing the Ansuz ladder becomes both expensive and obsessive with the added SQ. I put my efforts on Mainz cables as the give the most rewards in my system even if I also have signal cables D-level. I actually started making my own signal cables based on some ideas I had (grounding and geometry)and it worked out fine achieving same levels as D. However in comparison DTC has a blacker background.

Mike

Interesting Mike. It has always stuck me as odd that power cables make such a big difference, but they do - at least to my ears. It seems more natural to assume that cables carrying the audio signal should be the focus of attention. Nonetheless, in the finish everything is important.

That was a good effort to achieve same levels as Ansuz D with your own cables!
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Anyone who has got hold of the new Sparkz TC3, and compared it to the previous model, TC2?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Interesting Mike. It has always stuck me as odd that power cables make such a big difference, but they do - at least to my ears. It seems more natural to assume that cables carrying the audio signal should be the focus of attention. Nonetheless, in the finish everything is important.

That was a good effort to achieve same levels as Ansuz D with your own cables!
    Thanks, I would say to my ears I beat the D2 cables and are at level with, albeit slightly different tone, the DTC, with exception of the DTC black background. As usual we all have different systems and ears. Anyway it took me 20 hours to finalize a stereo pair as all is built from raw materials with exception of buying Neotech naked wiring.

/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Quote Originally Posted by Armand68 View Post
    Anyone who has got hold of the new Sparkz TC3, and compared it to the previous model, TC2?
    Seems like I can answer my own post. Have purchased a couple of TC3 and compared to TC2. The TC3 is definately improving over an already excellent product. Same qualities, just more detail and even more musical in my ears.

Talking about Darkz…
    After listening to the new Darkz series I still hold the DTC Darkz above even the new top dog T2s. DTC Darkz is just better at everything, under streamers, power supplies etc. So I just salvaged some more as these are out of production.

Mike
    Hello,

I have bought used DTC Darkz .
    They are very good under my DAC and my preamplifier.
    I prefer Nordost Kone under my amplifier than DTC Darkz.
    And I prefer DTC Darkz under my DAC than Nordost Kone.
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+Magnepan 3.7i+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong View Post
    Hello,

I have bought used DTC Darkz .
    They are very good under my DAC and my preamplifier.
    I prefer Nordost Kone under my amplifier than DTC Darkz.
    And I prefer DTC Darkz under my DAC than Nordost Kone.

That's interesting.

I also own Nordost Sort Kones and Ansuz DTC Darkz.

I also had a preference for Sort Kones (TC version) under the power amplifier. The Sort Kones have an added benefit of being taller which can be useful to improve airflow under high power / high heat dissipation amps.

I use Darkz DTC pretty much everywhere else including under the music server.

In some cases (many cases in fact) i've found the Darkz results are better when resting directly on the equipment chassis and not on the existing equipment footers.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

The Darkz do wonders in my system too. It is fun to experiment with them. Lately I placed one on top of my Google Nest Wifi Router and the improvement was instant and huge. Having Darkz under power supplies and power distributors/conditioners is also crucial in my experience, not restricted to Ansuz Mainz8. Also, I have Darkz under or on top of Nordost Qx4 or Add Powr Symphony Pro AC Harmonic Resonators, and the Darkz make them almost double the performence.

The Darkz do wonders in my system too. It is fun to experiment with them. Lately I placed one on top of my Google Nest Wifi Router and the improvement was instant and huge. Having Darkz under power supplies and power distributors/conditioners is also crucial in my experience, not restricted to Ansuz Mainz8. Also, I have Darkz under or on top of Nordost Qx4 or Add Powr Symphony Pro AC Harmonic Resonators, and the Darkz make them almost double the performence.
    I haven't tried Darkz on top of Nordost QX4s. What was your observation when doing that?

I haven't tried Darkz on top of Nordost QX4s. What was your observation when doing that?
    In general, the same benefits as with regular components - lowered noise floor and more micro details coming through, which in sum contribute to greater musicality.

In general, the same benefits as with regular components - lowered noise floor and more micro details coming through, which in sum contribute to greater musicality.
    Thanks for the reply.

Out of interest, which level of Darkz did you place on top of the Nordost QX4s? How many Darkz were placed and where were they located? In the corner(s)?

Also, I note you are using Nordost QBASE. Have you tried a Ansuz Mainz 8 distributor in your system?

Hi All, long time no action from me on this forum!

Placing Darkz on top of equipment is something I have done for years now with very good effect so no surprice Ansuz launched their 'rezonator'. I even use one on top of my Kuzma arm VTA tower with profound effect. I'm using up to 4 Darkz per unit (on top) but 2 may also give a preferred effect. Of course I have all my gear placed on Darkz including loudspeakers and cables.
    To further elevate these good effects try placing Darkz under these (Carbofibre > finite elemente) and equipment on top of course.

Enjoy/Mike (+60 Darkz owner)

Hi All, long time no action from me on this forum!

Placing Darkz on top of equipment is something I have done for years now with very good effect so no surprice Ansuz launched their 'rezonator'. I even use one on top of my Kuzma arm VTA tower with profound effect. I'm using up to 4 Darkz per unit (on top) but 2 may also give a preferred effect. Of course I have all my gear placed on Darkz including loudspeakers and cables.

To further elevate these good effects try placing Darkz under these (Carbofibre > finite elemente) and equipment on top of course.

Enjoy/Mike (+60 Darkz owner)

Great to hear from you Mike.

Wow, 60 Darkz! I thought I was doing well to have 30.

All DTC or do you have some the newer versions as well?

I'm interested in your comment on combining Ansuz Darkz footers with Finite Elemente CARBOFIBRE° isolation bases. Do you have a preference for HD or SD bases? Also, do you replace the isolation base feet or bypass them or rest them on top of Darkz?

Finally, did you compare the Finite Elemente carbon fiber-layered bases with anything else?

Hi again,

Yepp, 50 something DTC and then a bunch of C2t's. All my DTC have Tungsten Carbide balls which was a major upgrade (prefer these over the Tungsten balls). As the bulk material of (recently figured it out after 'cryptic' answer from Ansuz as they called it a composite material) the DTC is high quality brass (or low quality bronze) and not Tungsten Carbide as I was made to believe from the beginning. Anyway I am a big fan of bronze/brass so no problem and they seem to work great with the diamond-like carbon coating plus now Tungsten Carbide balls which is a killer combination.
    Do not have newer top Darkz versions as my 'maximized' DTC really shines.

Also going from ZrO2 balls to Titanium made a nice difference and the big jump came with Tungsten Carbide balls. Less background, darker in between's, increased dynamic control, air, space and cracking base.

Darkz under the Finite bases but I guess all iterations including both top and bottom will yield some kind of pleasant result.

No other comparisons, but past platforms have included granite as well as 35 kg Scandinavian marble slabs (from old micro scale lab). Best at that time was the marble. Carbon fiber rules.

/Mike

Thanks for the reply.

Out of interest, which level of Darkz did you place on top of the Nordost QX4s? How many Darkz were placed and where were they located? In the corner(s)?
    I have a T2 on top of the Qx4, placed in center.

Also, I note you are using Nordost QBASE. Have you tried a Ansuz Mainz 8 distributor in your system?
    I guess you are referring to some old posts. Yes, it is true that I have Qbase, two of them actually. But the last year++ I have purchased four Ansuz Mainz8 distributors! Two for my main system, one for home cinema, and one on top of my refrigerator! (No kidding, it does a lot by removing or preventing noise going back to the meter board, even with dedicated ac lines)

The Mains8 serve as primary power distributors, the Qbases I now use only for additional power plugs, like the new Nordost QWave/Qsine or High Fidelity MC-0.5 signature plugs I have.

Darkz under the Finite bases but I guess all iterations including both top and bottom will yield some kind of pleasant result.
    No other comparisons, but past platforms have included granite as well as 35 kg Scandinavian marble slabs (from old micro scale lab). Best at that time was the marble. Carbon fiber rules.

/Mike
    Thanks for sharing your experience Mike. If the Ansuz Rack C2T was more reasonably priced I wouldn’t hesitate to go down that route. But it’s machined from solid titanium and has a price to match!

I have a T2 on top of the Qx4, placed in center.
    Have you or anyone else reading this tried the Ansuz resonator on top of components? Thoughts?

I have purchased four Ansuz Mainz8 distributors! Two for my main system, one for home cinema, and one on top of my refrigerator! (No kidding, it does a lot by removing or preventing noise going back to the meter board, even with dedicated ac lines)
    The Mains8 serve as primary power distributors, the Qbases I now use only for additional power plugs, like the new Nordost QWave/Qsine or High Fidelity MC-0.5 signature plugs I have.
    A Mainz8 for the refrigerator – that’s really hard core! When getting the electrician to install dedicated lines to my listening rooms I’ve insisted he install some power points at the distribution board so I could plug in some Ansuz Sparkz TC’s.

What are your thoughts on the Nordost QWave?

Have you or anyone else reading this tried the Ansuz resonator on top of components? Thoughts?
    I haven´t tried the resonator, only Darkz, and yes I also use some on top of components. I find the benefit is almost as immediate used on top as under components.

What are your thoughts on the Nordost QWave?
    I find the new Nordost QWave and QSine plugs to be fantastic. They are much better and powerful than Qk1/Qv2. IMO they complement Ansuz quite well and makes the whole a lot better. I also like Add Powr products very much.

I have treated every AC line in my home with a lot of power conditioning, and spent I guess some hundred hours through the years with experimenting with power conditioning tweaks. No matter how I mix them (In total, I have about 225 power plugs/shunt conditioners), I find that a mix of different products, like Ansuz, Nordost and Add Powr power products make the sum a lot greater than what each brand is capable of. They do different things, but all contribute to more musicality, also better video. The products most sensitive to placement and that needs careful testing, I find is Ansuz and also High Fidelity magnets.

I couldn’t find a for sale section in the forum so I’ll make this short, but I have a mint condition Ansuz 1M XLR D2 interconnect I’m looking to sell. Decided to go a different direction, PM me for details.

Rob

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables & Accessories