Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1321

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Talking about Darkz…
    After listening to the new Darkz series I still hold the DTC Darkz above even the new top dog T2s. DTC Darkz is just better at everything, under streamers, power supplies etc. So I just salvaged some more as these are out of production.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Just got me some 35th Anniversary SF Stradivari! Putting DTC Darkz under each spike elevated SQ beyond belief! I think Darkz have contributed price-performance the most in my system.
    32 Darkz in system so far!!!

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300 (upgraded internals), Accuphase C47 + TechDAS AF V Premium + Kuzma 4P11" Gemstone/Kondo silver + Ortofon Diamond, Naim streamer SSD + TAD DA-1000 DAC, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, mostly full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D and own silver constructions on signal side, Mainz DTC/D2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment and cables rest on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC (Tungsten balls). Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Talking about Darkz…
    After listening to the new Darkz series I still hold the DTC Darkz above even the new top dog T2s. DTC Darkz is just better at everything, under streamers, power supplies etc. So I just salvaged some more as these are out of production.

Mike

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Ansuz D.TC and T2s Darkz Mike.

Back in August when I tried the new T2 Supreme Darkz under my modest electronics I wrote in my system thread that my perceived experience fell short of my expected experience.

I had wondered whether my AVM amplifier which is small and light simply had a better synergy with the heavier DTC Darkz?

It was a very different experience with the Borresen speakers though. Replacing the DTC with T2s here was a revelation.

Overall I am a big fan of the DTC resonance control devices. They seem to work well everywhere I've tried. Back in February I replaced the spikes on my equipment rack with Ansuz Feets and DTC Darkz footers and it was another one of those Whoa moments. It has been my consistent finding that electronics that are one or two steps below reference level when used with quality resonance controls can easily surpass the performance of the reference level.

Have you compared Darkz with resonance controls from other manufacturers? I’ve found Nordost Sort TC Kones also do a good job and their extra height can at times be useful.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing as well! Seem to me that the T2s has been voiced for the Börresen speakers and these speakers I briefly listened to but I think at that time there was no T2s.

Yes I tried other brands of resonance control but for me it was night and day when Darkz came and I've never looked back since then. Stillpoint did some good but is not in class of Darkz.
    Please note that I also heard Darkz under some equipment where it didn't make a difference and some times actually changed tonality to the worse. Though in my system Darkz always elevated equipment 1 or 2 notches up.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Just got me some 35th Anniversary SF Stradivari! Putting DTC Darkz under each spike elevated SQ beyond belief! I think Darkz have contributed price-performance the most in my system.
    32 Darkz in system so far!!!

Mike
    So the spikes are sitting on top of each darkz direct on the writing?

Dirk

Hi,

As I wanted to spread the weight on the whole Darkz I have put Solid Tech floor protectors in between. See picture below! The weight of the speaker keeps them from sliding off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just finished a week long in home demo of the Aavik U380. First because my U300 sits on Darkz D-TC with bearings it took about 15 min to get it to sit properly. That's when I noticed all the inputs had been reversed so I had to reconfigure the cables. First and immediate thought was a much lower floor noise which to me means a more natural/organic sound. Reminded me of when I upgraded the Mainz D8 to the D-TC. Sound stage seemed a bit wider with even more depth. When playing music and looking at the led's for volume level the U380 seems to have played louder but that is really hard to tell because you can increase/decrease the volume and not always see any change in the led's just like the U300. I did notice that the volume knob had to be turned more for volume changes compared to the U300 too. During the week all I could think is this is much better sounding but the real test was going to be when I put the U300 back in.

On the second day I decided to push the 380. Without looking at the led's it started to crank it and when I got to the point I thought the loudness was what the max the 300 could put out before the 03's would bottom out the led's were quite a bit lower. So I pushed it and I believe it played twice as loud and led's were still lower than the max I get from the U300. I didn't push it any farther because I didn't want to bottom out the 03's. Also while playing Trilobita from Uakti there were dynamics from the percussion that made me jump. That never happened with the U300. And I'll admit for me that was too loud.

When I put the U300 back in it went a lot faster (less than 5 min). I immediately noticed the music sounded thinner. The sound stage narrowed just a hair and lost some depth. Needless to say I was disappointed. It took me about an hour to get used to the U300 again. In reality it was like the difference of going from the D-TC power cord to the Supreme. A more natural/organic sound that was also more dynamic. And it played louder I think because of the lower noise floor.

So is it worth the 9K USD premium compared the the U300? IMO YES because you have to spend even more in cable upgrades to get a similar increase in total SQ. I'll also go as far to say the U300 is 85-90% of the U380.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Thanks for the insights George!

Of course as an U-300 owner the new U-380 is of interest and after talking to Fritz Dalmose at Aavik/Ansuz getting the technical news that lurkes on the inside it strikes me as a natural way forward. However I recently changed speakers and these are a bit more sensitive than my previous ones which has brought me to thinking about different amplifier upgrades and perhaps on the phono amp side (mostly play vinyl) and power amps. Initially I thought the U-300 with my new speakers (hours old and far from broken in) sounded a bit grey and that the U-300 finally met its capability. That was until I put 4 DTC Darkz under each speaker, and the U-300 made a surprising comeback and at the moment I am satisfied. Well, I will let the speakers break in properly and then the subject of upgrading the amp side can be started again.

Mike

Do you feel things are stable with the cone on top of the DarkZ?
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Hi,

Very stable! The weight of the speaker helps but the friction coefficient between top cone and Darkz is not enough to slide the cone and Darkz at the same time. Though this is a minor issue as I didn't want to have any double sided tape to maximize coupling to the Darkz. Small adjustments of toe in is not a big issue as I already have the speakers on the preferred back and sidewall distances.
    Without doubt the Darkz add a no brainer increase in all aspects of this speakers performance!

Mike

The adjustable Darkz have a centre hole for speaker spikes, but they only have 3 balls and not 6.
    Vitus Audio SIA-025Mk2 + SS-025 (biamping), Gauder RC7 Diamond black edition, Vitus Audio SCD-025Mk2, Simon Yorke S9+Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron+Dr. Fuss power supply+AS Phonolab, Amazon 1+SME V+Ortofon Rohmann+Nagra BPS, Oppo BDP-105D modified by Gert Volk Audio, Melco N1Z/2 EX H60+D100B+Sbooster, Copulare Grand Porto, Magnan Signature speaker cable, Magnan Vi XLR + RCA, Göbel Lacorde Statement XLR, Göbel Lacorde Statement USB, AQ Diamond + Vodka RJE, Buffalo BS-GS2024 Switch, modified 10Gtek+Startech 1000Base Fiber, Wireworld Starlight 8 CAT8, Vitus Andromeda power cable, Aural Symphonics Magic Gem power cable, Aural Symphonics Cubed v3 power bar, Stillpoints Ultra SS + Ultra mini, Ansuz Darkz, Shun Mook Mpingo Discs, Hifi tuning supreme 3 fuses, ahp Klangmodul 4g fuse module, HMS wall socket, Block Audio C-Lock lite, Furutech NCF Booster. Room 40 m2.

Hi,

I never saw any reason for either adjustable as cable lifter Darkz. Regular Darkz do much better and just fine with cables and under speakers. As you mention these 'special' Darkz only have 1 layer of balls compared to the 2 layers of balls the normal Darkz has. The difference in SQ is very clear!

I run regular Darkz under all kind of equipment including cables! These are the fundament of maximizing the performance of my system.

Mike

I tried the same construction with my speakers, Darkz ( old A with new titanium balls)-floor protector-spike. Much better than Harmonix RF-900 Mk2 under the spikes, but sucked all the life out of the speakers. Does not work for me.
    Vitus Audio SIA-025Mk2 + SS-025 (biamping), Gauder RC7 Diamond black edition, Vitus Audio SCD-025Mk2, Simon Yorke S9+Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron+Dr. Fuss power supply+AS Phonolab, Amazon 1+SME V+Ortofon Rohmann+Nagra BPS, Oppo BDP-105D modified by Gert Volk Audio, Melco N1Z/2 EX H60+D100B+Sbooster, Copulare Grand Porto, Magnan Signature speaker cable, Magnan Vi XLR + RCA, Göbel Lacorde Statement XLR, Göbel Lacorde Statement USB, AQ Diamond + Vodka RJE, Buffalo BS-GS2024 Switch, modified 10Gtek+Startech 1000Base Fiber, Wireworld Starlight 8 CAT8, Vitus Andromeda power cable, Aural Symphonics Magic Gem power cable, Aural Symphonics Cubed v3 power bar, Stillpoints Ultra SS + Ultra mini, Ansuz Darkz, Shun Mook Mpingo Discs, Hifi tuning supreme 3 fuses, ahp Klangmodul 4g fuse module, HMS wall socket, Block Audio C-Lock lite, Furutech NCF Booster. Room 40 m2.

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Came home 3-4 night ago from Next Level HiFi in Chicago with the X-TC PowerSwitch to demo. It replaces my trusty Cisco 2960. While I haven’t heard the need to search for something else, the PowerSwitch is quite the Ethernet Switch. I mean, I already have a Mainz D2 Power Distribution so what more could this add? After plugging it into my Mainz D2 it was like I added another Mainz to my system. Even with nothing connected to it, the depth, detail and imaging improved imho. Just like the Mainz, will be looking at the A2 and who knows after that. Can’t compare with other Ethernet Switches, but if you have an Ansuz Mainz foundation and stream, you gotta try this. Truly amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    Came home 3-4 night ago from Next Level HiFi in Chicago with the X-TC PowerSwitch to demo. It replaces my trusty Cisco 2960. While I haven’t heard the need to search for something else, the PowerSwitch is quite the Ethernet Switch. I mean, I already have a Mainz D2 Power Distribution so what more could this add? After plugging it into my Mainz D2 it was like I added another Mainz to my system. Even with nothing connected to it, the depth, detail and imaging improved imho. Just like the Mainz, will be looking at the A2 and who knows after that. Can’t compare with other Ethernet Switches, but if you have an Ansuz Mainz foundation and stream, you gotta try this. Truly amazing.

I replaced an audiophile grade AQVox switch with a Ansuz D2 Power Switch recently and I agree, it's like moving up to a better Ansuz Mainz distributor. The AQVox replaced a Cisco switch that a Lumin rep recommended and the AQVox was better.
    I'm using Ansuz X2 and D2 Ethernet cables. Tyler advised me to put the switch on DTC DarkZ's so I've done that. I can't say if that made a difference because I've made so many other changes recently.
    Bud<br>

AAVIK: S-280 Streamer, D-280 DAC, I-280 Integrated Amplifier]
    NAIM: Atom HE Headphone Amp, Superlumina Speaker Cables, Power Cables
    HARBETH: 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers
    FOCAL:: Utopia Headphones
    ANSUZ: C2 Power Cable, A2 Power Distributor, D2 Ethernet Cables, D2 PowerSwitch, D2 Interconnect
    NORDOST: Heimdall 2 Ethernet and Power Cables
    QUADRASPIRE: SVT Equipment Stand
    SKYLAN: Speaker Stands
    UPTONE:Linear Power Supply
    DANACABLE:: Headphone cables

Hi guys,

I actually didn't plan to join, but after reading 112 pages of this topic, it only felt fair to join after all.

I wanted to thank to all of you for all of your irrational money spending, because I realised, that sometimes lack of it can be a blessing .

I would be definitely crazy enough to spend a lot more on Ansuz, but it ain't happening in the near future, if ever.

I will be getting a 4m A2 PC next week from my Ansuz (drug) dealer , and replacing P2 from the wall socket to Gigawatt powerstrip. As I actually don't need 4m, I'm thinking of splitting it in two, but I'll think about it.

I'll write my impressions when I try the A2.
    Loudspeakers: Blumenhofer Tempesta 17
    Pre-Amp: BAT VK3i
    Power Amp: Acoustic Invader Icepower 1200AS2
    Source: Euphony Zotac, Keces dc-116 Linear PS, iFi micro iUSB 3.0 with merury/gemini cables, RME ADI-2 dac
    Power: Furutech rodium wall socket, Ansuz A2 4m PC, Gigawatt PF-2 MK2 powerstrip, Ansuz P2 1,5m PC, Father Hi9 PC, Gigawatt LC2 MK3 PC, Ansuz Sparkz TC
    DIY aluminium isolation feets for every device
    Schumann Resonator RR-888

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Hi guys,

I actually didn't plan to join, but after reading 112 pages of this topic, it only felt fair to join after all. [...]

Wow. You actually read through 112 pages on this topic? Welcome to the forum Filip.

The way Ansuz cable is constructed does not lend itself to efficaciously splitting lengths.

Look forward to reading your impressions on the 4m Ansuz A2 power cable.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Wow. You actually read through 112 pages on this topic? Welcome to the forum Filip.

The way Ansuz cable is constructed does not lend itself to efficaciously splitting lengths.

Look forward to reading your impressions on the 4m Ansuz A2 power cable.
    I don’t understand what your saying on splitting lengths?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I posed this over in the Naim forum talking about Ethernet Cables and Switches.

I may have mentioned before that I took possession of the Ansuz X-TC PowerSwitch from my local US Ansuz distributor and dealer (Next Level HiFi) about a week ago. This took the place of my Cisco 2960G switch. Right now I’m using the Supra Cat 8 cables connected to my NDX2 and SuperNait 3. Din5 between the 2 is an Ansuz X Din5 to Din5. Power cord on the PowerSwitch is an Ansuz X 2M 15a. Power foundation is an Ansuz Mainz D2 with a 2M A2 Power cord to the wall.

Initial impressions after installing the X-TC PowerSwitch was the noise floor dropped again. It’s like I added another Mainz to the system. The musicality is so much more after replacing the Cisco with the Ansuz. I’ve heard things in songs I never heard before. Low end detail is a lot tighter and overall image depth has widened and deepened. I really had doubts whether this was gonna make a noticeable difference over the Cisco and yes it did.

BTW, I tried to replace the Supra 8 with two BJC 5ft Cat 6a and afternoon listening for a few days noticed that I lost some high frequency detail so I ended up going back to the Supras until I get some Ansuz Ethernet X leads.

Now maybe I am noticing these changes because I already have an Ansuz foundation. Would be interesting to hear from someone who is not using them as a power foundation. My gut says it will still benefit the system as a whole. Very impressed. Next stop... A2 PowerSwitch. Lord help me... Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    I posed this over in the Naim forum talking about Ethernet Cables and Switches.

I may have mentioned before that I took possession of the Ansuz X-TC PowerSwitch from my local US Ansuz distributor and dealer (Next Level HiFi) about a week ago. This took the place of my Cisco 2960G switch. Right now I’m using the Supra Cat 8 cables connected to my NDX2 and SuperNait 3. Din5 between the 2 is an Ansuz X Din5 to Din5. Power cord on the PowerSwitch is an Ansuz X 2M 15a. Power foundation is an Ansuz Mainz D2 with a 2M A2 Power cord to the wall.

Initial impressions after installing the X-TC PowerSwitch was the noise floor dropped again. It’s like I added another Mainz to the system. The musicality is so much more after replacing the Cisco with the Ansuz. I’ve heard things in songs I never heard before. Low end detail is a lot tighter and overall image depth has widened and deepened. I really had doubts whether this was gonna make a noticeable difference over the Cisco and yes it did.

BTW, I tried to replace the Supra 8 with two BJC 5ft Cat 6a and afternoon listening for a few days noticed that I lost some high frequency detail so I ended up going back to the Supras until I get some Ansuz Ethernet X leads.

Now maybe I am noticing these changes because I already have an Ansuz foundation. Would be interesting to hear from someone who is not using them as a power foundation. My gut says it will still benefit the system as a whole. Very impressed. Next stop... A2 PowerSwitch. Lord help me... Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories

Your hearing the benefits of a switch tailored for audio, and it’s a step, no doubt!

Leatherneck has some Ansuz Ethernet cables he was switching out that may be of interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for welcoming!

Yes, I've learned that it's not possible to split the cable as I thought, because there are TCs inside of the connectors...

I'm getting my A2 today, so will be writing my impressions soon...
    Source: Euphony Zotac, Keces dc-116 Linear PS, iFi micro iUSB 3.0 with merury/gemini cables, RME ADI-2 dac
    Power: Furutech rodium wall socket, Ansuz A2 4m PC, Gigawatt PF-2 MK2 powerstrip, Ansuz P2 1,5m PC, Father Hi9 PC, Gigawatt LC2 MK3 PC, Ansuz Sparkz TC

I got my 4m A2 on monday, and managed to listen it just yesterday. I'm absolutely loving it! First I've replaced 1,5m P2 from wall to powerstrip with the A2. I didn't know that there is so much more energy to be heard! My jaw literally dropped. Then I replaced 1m X going to the pre amp with the P2, and the improvement of the whole sound was now even more noticable. Everything is sooo much more clear. Singers are more understandable, timbre of every instrument sounds much livelier. It's actually the first time I'm loving how the piano sounds on my system.

I'm wondering, how does C2, D2 and DTC sound, when this is so good. Ansuz, well done!

Filip as you move up the line there is a significant improvement with each step up. Much more so than the original version. Same holds true with the power distribution. As I moved up to the D-TC and Supreme you can play music even louder before bottoming out the speakers. What I find amazing with the supreme power cord and distribution the music will play about 2db louder without changing the volume.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Hi George, I can't even imagine that... That's really out of my reach for now... I will have to enjoy with what is on my disposal now .

If and when there is a next step my recommendation would be the power distribution. But the best power cord from the wall to distribution is key. After all they feed everything else.
    George

I'm wondering, how does C2, D2 and DTC sound, when this is so good. Ansuz, well done!
    Hehe, now you've got the taste of it and it's quite addictive I can tell you... your journey is probably far from over, it has just begun!

But, don't forget to enjoy what you have, it's a a great start!

Otherwise I agree with George, if and when you're ready those Ansuz power distributors are quite the thing.
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

Ansuz is spreading like a virus in everyones system obviously ...

Ansuz is spreading like a virus in everyones system obviously ...
    Eventually you will want to scale down on your separates to an integrated in order to save on the number of cables and be able to climb higher up the Ansuz ladder on the few that must remain...
    Speakers: Kroma Thais. Amplifier: Ypsilon Phaethon. Digital: LampizatOr Baltic 3, Lumin U1 Mini. Analog: MoFi Ultradeck, PS Audio Stellar Phono.
    Other: Audio-Technica ART9XI, Ansuz, Vertere, Sablon Audio USB/Ethernet/DC, Paul Hynes, IsoAcoustic, UpTone EtherREGEN.

I said it before, and I’ll say it again, Ansuz ain’t no joke!

There’s no doubt they make a good product!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I got my 4m A2 on monday, and managed to listen it just yesterday. I'm absolutely loving it!

First I've replaced 1,5m P2 from wall to powerstrip with the A2. I didn't know that there is so much more energy to be heard! My jaw literally dropped.

Then I replaced 1m X going to the pre amp with the P2, and the improvement of the whole sound was now even more noticable.

Everything is sooo much more clear. Singers are more understandable, timbre of every instrument sounds much livelier. It's actually the first time I'm loving how the piano sounds on my system.

Thanks for sharing your experience Filip. I can feel the excitement.

The foundation of your system really is so very important. It is important because as your foundation improves you will unlock more potential of existing electronic components – your source, amplification and speakers. You will hear more from them. More music.

Turning to your question, each step up in quality level of Ansuz cables delivers more music.

Enjoy.

I'm also afraid that this could just be the start . I'll try to control myself ...

Thanks for sharing your experience Filip. I can feel the excitement.

The foundation of your system really is so very important. It is important because as your foundation improves you will unlock more potential of existing electronic components – your source, amplification and speakers. You will hear more from them. More music.

Turning to your question, each step up in quality level of Ansuz cables delivers more music.

Enjoy.
    I've learned that the foundation is so important a couple of months ago, when I played with some spare equipment lying around the appartment (what my wife calls garbage ). I've took some cheap LS, smsl digital amplifier, audioquest dragonfly black, non audio laptop and some basic signal and ls cables. Everything together costs less than 400$. Then, step by step, I've changed that what is still regarded as accessories. Best PC to the amplifier, then second best PC on laptop, then connected them to furutech wall socket, then jitterbug infront of dac, then put some isolation feets under laptop/amplifier, did some basic software tweaks on laptop. All in all, it was some 5-6 hours of playing. The sound, which at the beginning was dry, compressed, irritating, became with every change better, and at the end unrecognizable. Off course, the biggest changes were power cables and changing of wall socket. At the end, I didn't change any of the main parts of equipment, but the sound was 1000 times better. Price of the accessories were somewhere around 1500$. That's when I realised, that the power cables and distribution, after the room in which the system is playing, are the most important part of equipment. That's a bold saying, but I'm sticking to it!

[...] At the end, I didn't change any of the main parts of equipment, but the sound was 1000 times better. Price of the accessories were somewhere around 1500$. That's when I realised, that the power cables and distribution, after the room in which the system is playing, are the most important part of equipment. That's a bold saying, but I'm sticking to it!

Amen. That’s a great post Filip.

Many audiophiles believe that the key approach to improving audio reproduction in the home is to spend ever increasing amounts of money on boxes; more expensive sources, DAC’s, amplification, speakers etc. etc.

The irony (sadly) is that more often than not, these same audiophiles were likely not hearing the full potential of their old boxes.

An over focus on a box based approach to upgrades often leads to disappointing results. Why doesn’t that new $20,000 amplifier sound even close to twice as good as the $5,000 amplifier it replaces?

Unlocking the full potential of any sound system requires broader thinking and the realization that other factors limit the performance envelope of the system. These factors critically include the set-up, the interaction with the listening space and the system foundation.

Deleted. Double Post.

Amen. That’s a great post Filip.

Many audiophiles believe that the key approach to improving audio reproduction in the home is to spend ever increasing amounts of money on boxes; more expensive sources, DAC’s, amplification, speakers etc. etc.

The irony (sadly) is that more often than not, these same audiophiles were likely not hearing the full potential of their old boxes.

An over focus on a box based approach to upgrades often leads to disappointing results. Why doesn’t that new $20,000 amplifier sound even close to twice as good as the $5,000 amplifier it replaces?

Unlocking the full potential of any sound system requires broader thinking and the realization that other factors limit the performance envelope of the system. These factors critically include the set-up, the interaction with the listening space and the system foundation.
    I couldn't agree more!

Positioning of speakers, listening position and power accessories can bring more to the overall sound, than changing any active part of equipment.

I would have no problem to have 10000$ worth system with 50000$ worth of power and other "accessories", as I know, that only then my system plays the best it can.

Deleted, double post.

Does anyone know where there is no X or P series phono cable?

I would like to upgrade all my cables to Anzus A2. But I just die a little when I see the costs.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

From the listing I have it shows Signalz tonearm interconnect at 1.25M available in rca/rca and din (straight or angled) rca configurations starting with the A2.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Does anyone know where there is no X or P series phono cable?

I would like to upgrade all my cables to Anzus A2. But I just die a little when I see the costs.

Ansuz say that are not able to produce the tone arm cable in X or P2 level. I believe this comes down to how the cable is constructed. They can’t make them the same way as they do with their other phono cables. Entry level is therefore the A2 Signalz Interconnect Tonearm 1.25m.

That may not be a bad thing when you consider the tonearm cable has to transfer extremely weak and delicate signals from your tonearm/turntable to the phono-stage. Quality here is vital and Ansuz reckon upgrading this cable can be just as important as upgrading the cartridge.

I’m not sure how you feel about second hand cables? I’ve seen them come up in marketplaces like Audiogon from time to time.

Deleted. Double post.

I have a friend who recently did an evaluation of a few different tonearm cables, I don't remember the other brands now but the Ansuz A2 cable was the clear winner of the batch, it was also the most expensive though. He actually mentioned this again the other day as we were talking about cables in general because he said he has always had difficulties to hear differences with cables, but the tonearm cable comparisons he did was like night and day.

I've learned that the foundation is so important a couple of months ago, when I played with some spare equipment lying around the appartment (what my wife calls garbage ). I've took some cheap LS, smsl digital amplifier, audioquest dragonfly black, non audio laptop and some basic signal and ls cables. Everything together costs less than 400$. Then, step by step, I've changed that what is still regarded as accessories. Best PC to the amplifier, then second best PC on laptop, then connected them to furutech wall socket, then jitterbug infront of dac, then put some isolation feets under laptop/amplifier, did some basic software tweaks on laptop. All in all, it was some 5-6 hours of playing. The sound, which at the beginning was dry, compressed, irritating, became with every change better, and at the end unrecognizable. Off course, the biggest changes were power cables and changing of wall socket. At the end, I didn't change any of the main parts of equipment, but the sound was 1000 times better. Price of the accessories were somewhere around 1500$. That's when I realised, that the power cables and distribution, after the room in which the system is playing, are the most important part of equipment. That's a bold saying, but I'm sticking to it!
    I’m surprised that a lot of guys I know do not follow the process of a solid power and distribution foundation, they simply are leaving sound on the table and usually end up chasing equipment.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On their way are a new Mainz8 D-TC and a 2 meter D-TC power cord. What should I expect in the way of break-in?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rwpollock View Post
    On their way are a new Mainz8 D-TC and a 2 meter D-TC power cord. What should I expect in the way of break-in?

Bob
    Congrats on the purchase Bob.

Octadyndude (George) has been through the break in process with these products and hopefully he will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by rwpollock View Post

Bob
    Bob I didn't do much of a breakin monitoring for those but I would say it was just somewhere about about 25 -30 hrs. My Mainz D-TC was new but the D-TC power cord was a demo cord. Now my supreme pc was new I didn't notice any improvement from new. That said the improvement from new was quite significant so it's possible I didn't notice much.
    BTW congrats
    George

Good to know. 25-30 hours sounds reasonable; one gets impatient, ya know.

The price on these pieces was quite 'reasonable' (60% off list). The owner had been putting together an uber system but had to sell things because he lost his job. :-(

Bob

George et al,

The never ending need of upgrading is slowly biting again after adding 8 DTC Darkz to my new Strads 35 Anni and once again hearing what these can do. So the cogs in my Ansuz virus struck brain started to play with thoughts about adding a DTC Mainz cable to replace my D2 from wall to Mainz8 DTC and wonder who else did that replacement and what impressions you have?
    That would allow me to change my C2 from Mainz8 DTC to my U-300 with the 'leftover' Mainz D2 for a double upgrade effect I guess. What are your impression changing from C2 to D2 into U-300?
    By the way, buying as many DTC Darkz I can get my hands on, of what is still out there…. still no.1 for me!

Mike

Would you say Darkz or Sparkz give you more bang for your buck?

Darkz is by far the biggest bang for the buck! I do not use Sparkz and to me they never worked in my system and actually they worsened the situation. So, I would rate this as the only product from Ansuz that didn't work for me.

Mike

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables &amp; Accessories