Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 90
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 90 of 98 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    If I understand this correctly a complete Ansuz rack will cost close to 40k euro. If the smallest shelf is 7.6k
    Yes, you're right.
    At this price, I prefer buy a paar of Wilson Audio Sasha 2...
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+INFINTY KAPPA 100+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong View Post
    Yes, you're right.
    At this price, I prefer buy a paar of Wilson Audio Sasha 2...
    I've been thinking I'd rather have the Sashas than the new Borrensen 01's for about the same price.
    Bud
    Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one - Lumin X1 Audiophile Streaming Platform - LFD NCSE III Amplifier- Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire Equipment Stand- Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributor - Ansuz Mainz DTC and C2 Power Cables. - Nordost Heimdall headphone and ethernet cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

Ansuz is not low priced products but with the rack they went overboard I think and when some superb loudspeakers can be had for the same money the choice is simple. Anyway the cost for the DTC filter box is no small change either but it brings loads of everything out of your system. Putting DTC Darkz under your gear brings also great impact and I guess better price-performace, but I am biased from using 24 of them
    Still to hear the impact of this rack though as an alternative I would go for some nice speakers (or cables ).
    My 2 series Mainz still cooking in and it feels like it takes for ever. My D2 Mainz was good from the beginning but the C2 Mainz probably need +500 hours and I also test A2 Mainz but here I feel that they are a bit soft in character.

Enjoy/Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11"/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, D2/C2 + Mainz8 D-TC. All individual equipment rests on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Post Thanks / Like

D2 Mainz costs near 9000 euros I think...C2 near 4000 euros...I prefer buy a good Hifi product...I have bought an Esoteric K03XS to replace my Marantz SA7S1....I think even I have bought a D2 Mainz, I don't have the sound I have now with my Marantz SA7S1...I try to say : D2 Mainz + Marantz SA7S1 not equal Esoteric K03XS...
    I have seen some people said that they have 4 D Mainz...So near 36000 euros...I'm sure, if they will new loudspeakers at this price, they have better sound...If people have bought 4 D Mainz listened music on Marten Design Supreme ( price near 400 000 euros)....I understand....but in other case I don't undestand why buy very expensive cable. I have bought Lineflux from Furutech and jumperflux and Speakerflux....because I have listenned some improvement...But any improvement with power cord...I have try power cord at 800 euros...No difference between my DIY power cord...I have 2 direct lines for my audio and video...
    Marantz SA7S1/GRIMM AUDIO CC1/MARK LEVINSON 360S+TECHNICS SL1210 MKII/ORTOFON X1-MC/VPI CLASSIC 3 in rosewood/Audio-Technica ART-9/ESOTERIC E03+TAG MC LAREN T32R+JEFF ROWLAND CORUS+JEFF ROWLAND MODEL 625+INFINTY KAPPA 100+Cables line: all Furutech lineflux+power cord DIY

5. Likes Mordante liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You are right, cables are not cheap too, but did you try Ansuz Mainz? It had such an effect no other cable product had before, it makes a big difference, but everyone need to judge for them selfs of course. I heard reasonable low priced products jump up in performance with Ansuz DTC Darkz and Mainz so much i would argue for the Ansuz instead of higher priced gear. But as seen of my profile, I am a believer of the Ansuz church...

Best, and trust your ears / Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11"/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Guarneri Homage, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, D2/C2 + Mainz8 D-TC. All individual equipment rests on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Post Thanks / Like

No try, because there is no dealer in France.
    Price of D Mainz Ansuz is near 9000 euros...Now I search to buy a Jeff Rowland PSU for my Corus preamplifier..I'm sure there is any dealer in the world who has D mainz Ansuz and Jeff Rowland PSU to compare D Mainz Ansuz + Corus against PSU + Corus...
    Price of PSU is 10600 euros...
    Price D Mainz is 9000 euros...
    Do you have direct line to connect your system ? Like me ? I think I have no difference because I connect my system directly to a dedicated 16A.
    A dedicated 16 A for audio.
    A dedicated 16 A for video.

Post Thanks / Like

Separate line, made big difference!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for long term impressions for Ansuz series 2 power cables. My power cords are a mix of Ansuz Diamond (Amplifier/ Source/ Mainz-D power cord) and Ansuz C. Debating whether the change to series 2 (D2 & C2) makes sense. Alternative I could change the Mainz-D to Mainz-DTC and keep the series 1 power cords for the time being. I know that when the new version 2 was introduced there was a lot of overwhelming positive comments. Any feedback/ opinions from long term users of series 1 & series 2 would be appreciated.
    Tim

Playback Designs mps-5, Nagra Classic Pre, Nagra Classic Amp, YG Carmel 2s, Signal: TaraLabs Muse, Power: Ansuz D & C, Mainz-8D, SRA Craz3 Rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4music View Post
    Looking for long term impressions for Ansuz series 2 power cables. My power cords are a mix of Ansuz Diamond (Amplifier/ Source/ Mainz-D power cord) and Ansuz C. Debating whether the change to series 2 (D2 & C2) makes sense. Alternative I could change the Mainz-D to Mainz-DTC and keep the series 1 power cords for the time being. I know that when the new version 2 was introduced there was a lot of overwhelming positive comments. Any feedback/ opinions from long term users of series 1 & series 2 would be appreciated.
    My experience has been that V2 is one step up from V1 (C2 better than D1). but more importantly, replacing my MainzD8 with the Mainz DTC has allowed me to get away with lower quality PC's upstream. As an example, I've replaced 2 DTC PC's with C2's and rather than buy more C2's I'm using $400 LFD PC's on my Aurender N10 and Chord BLU2. I can say that my experience is the same as others concerning the Mainz DTC.

I did keep a DTC PC between the wall and the Mainz DTC which is important.
    Bud
    Naim Uniti Nova all-in-one - Lumin X1 Audiophile Streaming Platform - LFD NCSE III Amplifier- Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire Equipment Stand- Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz Mainz D8 power distributor - Ansuz Mainz DTC and C2 Power Cables. - Nordost Heimdall headphone and ethernet cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

Tim I started with a MainzD8 and 2 C power cords (2M). One for the D8 and one for the Aavik. Then one day when Lars came to the Chicago area he had a prototype D-TC power cord he brought over to my home. We listened a bit before adding the D-TC. He turned up the loudness just until my D2's popped. Left the volume alone and he put in the D-TC. Listening to the same track again first I couldn't believe how the noise floor dropped. When we got to the point where my D2's popped he started really turning up the volume. I was shocked to hear them play at almost twice the loudness before popping again. Took me a few months to pull the trigger and get a D-TC PC for the D8. Oh yeah when Lars came over he had to use Shuko to US adapter.

Then one day my local dealer borrowed my C pc and let me use a D pc until he could bring mine back (a little over a month). Going from the C to D on the Aavik there was a subtle improvement (everything sounded a bit more open). IMO the improvement was way to subtle to justify 3X the price. When my dealer brought back my C I did not miss it at all.

I was real happy until Lars came back again but this time he had the prototype Version 2 - A2 and C2 pc and C2 sc's (approx 9 months before the V2's were even announced). My son happened to be over and in another room when Lars swapped out the C for the A2. WOW what a difference. Even my son came into the room and asked what just happened. The sound was so much more open and warmer sounding all without losing any detail I couldn't believe it. Then he put in the C2. I wasn't expecting much because of all the original C to D demos I had been to including the one with the C to D in my home. Well the difference was another WOW moment. BTW the D2 was still being developed in Denmark. I asked Lars what the pricing may be and at the time he thought they would be about a 10% increase. Turns out when they went into production it was less that that. Needless to say as soon as they were available I traded my C to the C2.

OK now it was time for the C2 speaker cable. Well I have 5M sc's and Lars only had a 4M with him. We moved the Aavik to make it work. The difference wasn't subtle but it wasn't a WOW moment either. Unlike the power cord I wasn't ready to upgrade the sc's but one thing that really impressed me was the banana connectors were a lot better.

Now when the Mainz D-TC was announced I heard the price was going to be 23K USD. Ouch!! Both Mike and Lars were coming to my local dealer for the North American (maybe the world) debut of it. I figured at 23K it wasn't going to happen for me so I ordered the sc's if Lars and Mike could bring them (1 week notice) and they did. The demo was with Raidho D5.1's and Aavik monos with a full D-TC loom. So with the MainzD8 they started with an Ansuz X then A2 then C2 then D2 (first time time I was able to hear the D2 power cord) and I would say the D2 power cord was another WOW moment and thought it would be so close to the D-TC power cord which was up just before the Mainz D-TC. Well the D-TC pc was a clear jump up. Then they put in the Mainz D-TC. All I can say it was another WOW moment. Talk about another huge drop in noise floor. Took me about a week or 2 to decide if it was worth it and I decided it was. Took a while to get but by then I had D2.1's and when it arrived I pushed the 2.1's until they popped. Put in the Mainz D-TC and yep I could play almost twice as loud again due the lower noise floor and greater clarity.

Getting to your question should you upgrade cables or the Mainz. That for me is a real head scratcher. Either IMO would be a significant upgrade. Any possibility of an in home demo to hear for yourself? That would be best for you and your bank account. If I had to lean either way I would say go for the Mainz D-TC. That said another option would be to bring your D8 and cables to a dealer and compare there if no in home demo is possible.

Best of luck
    George

Aavik U300 - Raidho D3.1's in Walnut burl with black trim - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Page 90 of 98 FirstFirst ... 40 80 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... LastLast