Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Impressive with all the new products, Michael and Lars can come up with

Next month a new line of cables will become available from Ansuz Acoustics.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

Hi Buch73,
    Its great to get to into the Ansuz world. My dealer said Lars will come to Singapore this Feb to demo the new stuff.. The usb cable looks very good. Maybe its built in with some sparkz also.. In the mean time im enjoying my new ditrubution D8 now The soundstage pin point and blackness couldn't be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone done a direct comparison of Kimber Select interconnects and speaker cables vs. Ansuz Ceramic or Diamond? If so, what did you discover? I'm nearly at the point where I'm going to pull the trigger on KS interconnects and speaker cables but I'm wondering if I should be contemplating Ansuz Ceramic instead. Ansuz is inside my Raidho D3's, so it would make sense to consider them, but they are a lot more money and I don't know if I would get much increased performance for all those extra dollars. David said I should stick with the Kimber but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks,
    Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinist View Post
    Has anyone done a direct comparison of Kimber Select interconnects and speaker cables vs. Ansuz Ceramic or Diamond? If so, what did you discover? I'm nearly at the point where I'm going to pull the trigger on KS interconnects and speaker cables but I'm wondering if I should be contemplating Ansuz Ceramic instead. Ansuz is inside my Raidho D3's, so it would make sense to consider them, but they are a lot more money and I don't know if I would get much increased performance for all those extra dollars. David said I should stick with the Kimber but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Hello, I will make a short comparison between Ansuz C and jumpers against Kimber 3035 and 9038. I have the XLR interconnect C and I tried interconnect XLR POM vs ks1136. Despite Kimber was obviously higher in frequency extremes and voices, opening wide space between the instruments the POM Ansuz excelled for depth and environmental recovery on a black background. It sounded very correct despite being the entry level. Unfortunately I have not had the opportunity to compare the Kimber 1136 with Ansuz C but from memory I think he recovered all the missing parts of the POM maintaining superiority in depth and recovery on a black background.

Thanks,
    Ken
    Ken, I have the Diamond loom in one listening room and the Ceramic loom in the other listening room. I started out in that direction before I ever got to hear the Kimber.

I auditioned certain Kimber pieces in my Ceramic loom and it was not a step down as far as I could tell. There is quite a delta in price between Ansuz and Kimber. That's where the "value engineering" comes into this hobby of ours.

I do adhere to loom theory of keeping the cables from the same source. Other more experienced hands here may disagree.

I do think that the Ansuz MainzD8 is a smart idea.
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey View Post
    Ken, I have the Diamond loom in one listening room and the Ceramic loom in the other listening room. I started out in that direction before I ever got to hear the Kimber.

I auditioned certain Kimber pieces in my Ceramic loom and it was not a step down as far as I could tell. There is quite a delta in price between Ansuz and Kimber. That's where the "value engineering" comes into this hobby of ours.

I do adhere to loom theory of keeping the cables from the same source. Other more experienced hands here may disagree.

Thanks Le Roy! The Kimber Select Cables that I'm contemplating are the KS-1116 (their top all copper interconnects) and the KS-6063 (their top all copper speaker cables). Did you have the opportunity to try either of these in your systems vs. the Ansuz Ceramics?

Best,
    Ken
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

Congrats on the Diamond loom. I had a feeling they had your name on them when Lars was over. I still haven't asked Tyler for the price list but got a general idea when Tyler mention cutting his 10M Ceramic's in half. I could use 5M to spread the D2's a little farther apart. But for now that's just a thought. I'm sure they would be a lot better than my Nordost Frey's. I was also extremely impressed with the MainzD8.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Thanks Le Roy! The Kimber Select Cables that I'm contemplating are the KS-1116 (their top all copper interconnects) and the KS-6063 (their top all copper speaker cables). Did you have the opportunity to try either of these in your systems vs. the Ansuz Ceramics?

Best,
    Ken
    Ken, I'm sorry I don't remember the model #'s but the ones you are citing sound familiar. I did not try the Kimber PC that I've heard from multiple sources is comparable to the best of any brand.

One of the things that I found interesting was the flight case that the Kimber SC came in. You can tell that Kimber cares about its product.

Ken, from I've been able to glean in the tenure of my short return to this hobby is that when you get to this level of performance there isn't necessarily any "better" from one to the other. There is different and individual taste.

My loom theory bias kept me in the Ansuz family. What matters is that for me I am quite satisfied with the sound and I don't think about the cables anymore as being a candidate for change. I suspect that Kimber may serve the same purpose for you too.

There are others here at AS that have much more experience than I do in direct comparison of cabling though. I would seek out other views as well.
    Last edited by Odyssey; February 15, 2015 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Grammar
    Le Roy

Austin, Tx : Soulution 520 preamp, 501 mono blocks, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D3.1, Lumin U1, Uptone Audio Modded Mac Mini w/ MMK fanless kit & JS-2 LPS, Regen, Ansuz DTC loom (complete), Oppo 105D, QNAP TS-451+

Chicagoland : Soulution 725 preamp, 711 stereo amp, 541 SACD/560 DAC w/ Network Streaming, Raidho D5.1, Naim UnitiServe 2TB, Aurender W-20 Ansuz DTC later generation wire, Teac X1000 R2R, QNAP TS-451+

Foundation:
    Raidho Rack system, Ansuz DTC Mainz8, Ansuz (2) Supreme Mainz D8 Distribution, 20 amp dedicated outlets via subpanel

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Congrats on the Diamond loom. I had a feeling they had your name on them when Lars was over. I still haven't asked Tyler for the price list but got a general idea when Tyler mention cutting his 10M Ceramic's in half. I could use 5M to spread the D2's a little farther apart. But for now that's just a thought. I'm sure they would be a lot better than my Nordost Frey's. I was also extremely impressed with the MainzD8.

George, if you go back to the first page of this thread you can see the price list that is about 18 mo.s old for Ansuz.

The Diamond is about 3x the price of the Ceramic for the IC's and PC's and 2x for the SC's. As been noted on the forum before a crazy jump in price between the two.

I started down the slippery slope for the Diamond with the thought that the most important cable is the one that comes out of your wall.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Anyone demoed Ansuz MainzA PC and how it compares to Nordost Valhalla?

Quote Originally Posted by knghifi View Post
    Anyone demoed Ansuz MainzA PC and how it compares to Nordost Valhalla?
    Earlier in this thread a well respected poster whose screen name is Kiwi performed extensive testing. It starts somewhere in here:

http://audioshark.org/cables-20/ansu...l#.VPE660JH2is
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Earlier in this thread a well respected poster whose screen name is Kiwi performed extensive testing. It starts somewhere in here:

http://audioshark.org/cables-20/ansu...l#.VPE660JH2is

Thanks Le Roy. Unfortunately I could not help King with his question. While I have had Ansuz P, C & D and Nordost Valhalla and Odin PC's in my own system, I've only auditioned using Ansuz A in another system. What I can say is that I find Ansuz C clearly superior to Nordost Valhalla in all determinants and circumstances outlined in my earlier review.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Ralph,

We miss your level headed thinking here. I hope your outside endeavors will allow you to frequent A.S. more often in the future.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Ralph,

We miss your level headed thinking here. I hope your outside endeavors will allow you to frequent A.S. more often in the future.
    +1

Ken

+1

Ken
    Big Thumbs Up !

Quote Originally Posted by holydio
    Hello Kiwi. They came from about two weeks Ansuz C speaker cables and power. The sound is much more focused and coherent. The only doubt my concerns down a little chewy and slightly curbed. That is not yet finished running? I own a kemp powerstrip you think it might make sense to replace it with a diamond mainz? ANd another cable? C or D 0.5m?

Hello Fabio,

Sorry for the delay in reply.

As I have earlier observed the AC foundation is off prime importance and while it is not always easily understood the heart of any high-quality AC supply is solid grounding.

Not only does the AC cable loom create the foundation on which system performance is built, it starts NOT with the signal cables but at your wall sockets. The cable hierarchy runs in reverse to popular wisdom. First priority is the cable from your electricity supply to your distribution block (power strip): then the block itself, the rest of the power cords (ideally star earthed through the block and with a clean earth too) then the speaker cable and finally the interconnects. I know this sounds dumb, but it’s a conclusion I have reached after years of experimenting in many different systems and contexts.

I think the weakness right now in your AC foundation is the Kemp power strip. As power strips go the Kemp is quite respectable – but if you were to replace the power strip with a Nordost Qbase or an Ansuz Mainz D8, both of which feature star grounding, mechanical resonance design and no filtering, I believe you will take your overall system performance to another level. Use the best cable you have available (the Ansuz C PC is great) from your wall socket to the new distributor and feed all your components from the Distributor.

Just one other point in closing, it is heart-breaking to see the number of audiophile’s who have their power strips sitting on the floor. Having the power strip sited on the equipment rack is a trip worth taking – the resulting audio is more alive, more compelling, more musical.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

thanks a lot for your meaningful experiences. At the time I wired full C Ansuz. I wanted to see if I could still increase the bass control and transparency of the system on intervenedo powestrip. Regardless of length 0.5mt going well or is it better to invest in 1m? Given that the expense is not easy I would not make mistakes. Thank You!

Has an authorised dealer offered you Ansuz cables with a 0.5m length?

I didn't think that length was produced and I certainly would NOT recommend a power cord of that length.

There are a number of user reports online which indicate longer lengths are better.

Ralph,

Welcome back to the Tank Kiwi ! Excellent advice as usual

Tom SE MI

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post

I didn't think that length was produced and I certainly would NOT recommend a power cord of that length.

There are a number of user reports online which indicate longer lengths are better.

I use power cords for electronic 1,5mt already thought to save on the cable of the power strip ... You say it is not a good idea? What length would you recommend? I had seen some very short cable Ansuz here on the forum. I have not yet asked the supplier ...

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post

I don't know why and Lars couldn't explain it but a 4m PC sounded better than the 2m to my ears. FWIW it was the Diamond PC.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

I don't know why and Lars couldn't explain it but a 4m PC sounded better than the 2m to my ears. FWIW it was the Diamond PC.
    Hi George,

I think most agree that the longer power cords sound better than the shorter ones. For Ansuz and also other manufacturers. My eight foot Audience AU24SE power cord sounds better than the shorter one. I don't know the theory behind it but maybe it has some thing to do with a longer lead-in from where the wall power ends to clean up the wave form.

Best,
    Ken

One of the electrical characteristics of a power cord that can filter powerline noise is its rated capacitance. Since a given cable's capacitance is rated for a specific length (like per foot or per meter) longer lengths will have a higher value of total capacitance. That is why many manufacturers will recommend a minimum length for their power cables, to ensure that the total cable's capacitance is high enough to be effective and provide the desired level of noise filtering.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    One of the electrical characteristics of a power cord that can filter powerline noise is its rated capacitance. Since a given cable's capacitance is rated for a specific length (like per foot or per meter) longer lengths will have a higher value of total capacitance. That is why many manufacturers will recommend a minimum length for their power cables, to ensure that the total cable's capacitance is high enough to be effective and provide the desired level of noise filtering.
    Thanks Bill for that excellent explanation!

Ken

This of course assumes you prefer the high pass-filtering of excess capacitance or the low-pass filtering of excess inductance. I personally prefer my cables to NOT alter the frequency response of the music and I believe Lars at Ansuz does also as he has stated many times the perfect cable is one with no reactance (i.e. zero inductance and capacitance). That said, many cable manufacturers do exactly what you report and people pay vast sums for a bit of bass attenuation or high frequency roll-off to their taste and this is served up through intentional inclusion of capacitance and induction which is always cable length determined.

So this, in turn, begs the questions as to why Lars also recommends a minimum length. IMO this has to do with the fact that all amplifiers will create resonance on power lines that is mechanically dampened by low gage (low resistance) power cables. The longer the power cable the better the damping. If the line in the wall is high gage (high resistance), the resonance reflects back impacting SQ in the amp.

Think of a jump rope with one child on each end; one representing the amp and the other the high resistance cable in the wall. If the first child (amp side) sends a sign wave down the rope and the other child holds the rope tight (wall outlet) the sign wave will bounce back to the sender. If the second child lets go of the rope instead of holding it tight the sign waive continues down the rope until it is dampened to zero.

This is why the wiring in the walls is so critical and should always be 10 gage or lower if possible. If it is, I believe a .5 meter power cord will work fine as long as you are not looking for the filtering addressed above. Of course as always, I could be completely full of beans about all of this.

IMO when Lars said the following (in post #191 above) the mechanical damping from the cabling is to what he was referring.

"I met Lars and asked the 4m question. He said he couldn't explain it but did a demo with a 2 and 4m power cable (Ansuz diamond of course). He thinks it's a mechanical factor that he doesn't know to prove it."

Paul I heard Lars is going to be at Axpona this year in room 514 hosted by Next Level demoing D3's X3's with the new Aavik integrated along with Ansuz cables/accessories (not sure which ones but I'll try and find out).
    George

Paul I heard Lars is going to be at Axpona this year in room 514 hosted by Next Level demoing D3's X3's with the new Aavik integrated along with Ansuz cables/accessories (not sure which ones but I'll try and find out).
    Thanks. I did not know he is attending; I look forward to meeting him.

Great people person and quite a character to boot
    What day are you planning on going. I'd like to meet you.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by holydio View Post
    I use power cords for electronic 1,5mt already thought to save on the cable of the power strip ... You say it is not a good idea? What length would you recommend? I had seen some very short cable Ansuz here on the forum. I have not yet asked the supplier ...
    Hello Fabio,

My recommendation would simply be to avoid – if fiscally possible – 1.0m lengths of Ansuz power cable. The sound quality of longer cables is noticeably better and this observation appears consistent right across the product range up to an including Ansuz D as evidenced by a number of local audiophiles who initially purchased 1m Ansuz D power cords and later sold them to upgrade to longer lengths – observationally reporting better results.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleAudio View Post
    This of course assumes you prefer the high pass-filtering of excess capacitance or the low-pass filtering of excess inductance. I personally prefer my cables to NOT alter the frequency response of the music and I believe Lars at Ansuz does also as he has stated many times the perfect cable is one with no reactance (i.e. zero inductance and capacitance). That said, many cable manufacturers do exactly what you report and people pay vast sums for a bit of bass attenuation or high frequency roll-off to their taste and this is served up through intentional inclusion of capacitance and induction which is always cable length determined.
    Paul, with all due respect if I may I'd like to correct you on a few of your points above. First of all a high level of capacitance in a cable would filter or roll off high frequencies passing through the cable, which can be referred to as a low pass filter (not high pass.) And similarly inductance rolls off low frequency response which can be referred to as a high pass filter (not low pass.) Additionally what you state about some cables acting as subjective filters based upon their frequency roll off characteristics is true with many cable designs, but that would apply to cables in the audio signal path such as analog interconnects or speaker wire since their filtering would directly affect the signal. Filtering of noise in a power cable is very different, in that the cleaner power that a cable delivers to a component will generally result in better performance of that component. Of course this will also vary with different types of power supply designs. However filtering high frequency noise from the line can be effective in power cord design, as long as it doesn't slow the effective speed of its power delivery to the connected power supply. It will not however directly result in a rolled off high frequency response of the system.

[QUOTE = kiwi_1282001; 118.986] Ciao Fabio, La mia raccomandazione sarebbe semplicemente evitare - se fiscalmente possibile - lunghezze 1.0m di cavo di alimentazione Ansuz. La qualità del suono di cavi più lunghi è notevolmente migliore e questa osservazione sembra proprio coerente in tutta la gamma di prodotti fino ad un compresi Ansuz D come evidenziato da un certo numero di audiofili locali che inizialmente acquistato i cavi di alimentazione 1m Ansuz D e poi li vendevano per l'aggiornamento a lunghezze superiori -. osservativamente riportare i risultati migliori [/ QUOTE]

​I understand thanks. If my money permit go on Ansuz C 1.5 mt as I have for the electronic ...

Paul, with all due respect if I may I'd like to correct you on a few of your points above. First of all a high level of capacitance in a cable would filter or roll off high frequencies passing through the cable, which can be referred to as a low pass filter (not high pass.) And similarly inductance rolls off low frequency response which can be referred to as a high pass filter (not low pass.)
    HMMMM......I thought it was the following; maybe you can help me see what I am missing.

Capacitance reactance is inversely proportional to frequency. The lower the frequency the higher the capacitance. As the signal gets lower it approaches an open circuit and passes nothing. As the frequency increases capacitance reactance approaches zero and the circuit passes everything. Hence a high pass filter. Inductance capacitance is the opposite. The identities are as follows:

Capacitive reactance
    is inversely proportional to the signal frequency (or angular frequency ω) and the capacitance.

Inductive reactance is proportional to the sinusoidal signal frequency and the inductance .

What am I missing?????

Additionally what you state about some cables acting as subjective filters based upon their frequency roll off characteristics is true with many cable designs, but that would apply to cables in the audio signal path such as analog interconnects or speaker wire since their filtering would directly affect the signal.
    True, I was of course referring to system cables. Thanks for correcting me.

Filtering of noise in a power cable is very different, in that the cleaner power that a cable delivers to a component will generally result in better performance of that component. Of course this will also vary with different types of power supply designs.
    My point would have been made better regarding power cables by focussing on the trade offs of added overall impedance in exchange for filtering. I prefer starting with clean power from a transformer with big current reserves run through power cords with the lowest reactance possible versus trying to predict the impact of upfront filters on each individual system component. Your chasing your tail in many cases.

Paul - I met with Tyler today and he thinks Lars will be demoing Ansuz Ceramic and Diamond cables at Axpona. But he (Tyler) isn't sure.
    George

audio.bill,

More stuff explaining the way I learned it a long, long time ago. (This comes from link below.)

The High Pass Filter Circuit

In this circuit arrangement, the reactance of the capacitor is very high at low frequencies so the capacitor acts like an open circuit and blocks any input signals until the cut-off frequency point
    (ƒc) is reached. Above this cut-off frequency point the reactance of the capacitor has reduced sufficiently as to now act more like a short circuit allowing all of the input signal to pass directly to the output as shown below in the High Pass Frequency Response Curve.

High Pass Filter - Passive RC Filter Tutorial

Paul - I think the contradiction is due to the differences in whether the reactive component (capacitance or inductance) is in series or parallel. Without any formulas just to keep things simple, let's take a simple first order crossover design used in a two way speaker. When you place a capacitor in series with the tweeter it acts as a high pass filter, allowing the highs to pass with attenuated frequencies below the crossover frequency at a 6dB per octave rolloff rate. Similarly an inductor in series with the woofer provides a low pass filter, allowing low bass frequencies to pass with higher frequencies above the crossover frequency being attenuated by 6dB per octave. However capacitance in a power cable is a distributed value based upon the cable's length (i.e. 20uF per meter), and that capacitance is in parallel with the load instead of being in series. In such an application the parallel capacitance has the effect of filtering higher frequencies where noise exists well above the desired line frequency of 50 or 60 Hz. So in this case the parallel capacitance acts as a low pass filter, the opposite of series capacitance's effect. I hope that these real world examples help to provide a clearer understanding of the filtering effects of reactive components, and whether they are implemented in series or parallel which will have opposite results. The supporting mathematics can be a bit confusing, since the reactive components of an AC impedance are represented with imaginary numbers. That's something that I'm afraid is beyond the scope of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by FlexibleAudio View Post
    audio.bill,

More stuff explaining the way I learned it a long, long time ago. (This comes from link below.)

The High Pass Filter Circuit

In this circuit arrangement, the reactance of the capacitor is very high at low frequencies so the capacitor acts like an open circuit and blocks any input signals until the cut-off frequency point
    (ƒc) is reached. Above this cut-off frequency point the reactance of the capacitor has reduced sufficiently as to now act more like a short circuit allowing all of the input signal to pass directly to the output as shown below in the High Pass Frequency Response Curve.

High Pass Filter - Passive RC Filter Tutorial
    You posted this while I was still providing my response above. The example that you show above is a high pass filter using a series capacitor, and it has the opposite effect of the parallel capacitance that exists in a power cord design which effectively acts as a low pass filter. So we're on the same page now, and we just needed to differentiate the effects of a reactive load whether it is in series or parallel. Glad that's settled without having to explain imaginary numbers!

Paul - I think the contradiction is due to the differences in whether the reactive component (capacitance or inductance) is in series or parallel. Without any formulas just to keep things simple, let's take a simple first order crossover design used in a two way speaker. When you place a capacitor in series with the tweeter it acts as a high pass filter, allowing the highs to pass with attenuated frequencies below the crossover frequency at a 6dB per octave rolloff rate. Similarly an inductor in series with the woofer provides a low pass filter, allowing low bass frequencies to pass with higher frequencies above the crossover frequency being attenuated by 6dB per octave. However capacitance in a power cable is a distributed value based upon the cable's length (i.e. 20uF per meter), and that capacitance is in parallel with the load instead of being in series. In such an application the parallel capacitance has the effect of filtering higher frequencies where noise exists well above the desired line frequency of 50 or 60 Hz. So in this case the parallel capacitance acts as a low pass filter, the opposite of series capacitance's effect. I hope that these real world examples help to provide a clearer understanding of the filtering effects of reactive components, and whether they are implemented in series or parallel which will have opposite results. The supporting mathematics can be a bit confusing, since the reactive components of an AC impedance are represented with imaginary numbers. That's something that I'm afraid is beyond the scope of this forum.

Thanks Bill (I presume based on your AS handle),

I was not aware parallel capacitance acted in an opposite manner to serial. Neither did I know this occurrs in a power cord the way you explain. That said, I did have analog cables on the brain because power cord frequency in series is only 60hz anyway, duh....what a dumbo-head. Thanks for the help.

Just confirmed that Tyler and Lars will have the Diamond cables - 2 mainsD8's - Sparkz TC - Darkz and the Ansuz rack.
    George

Sorry but I ask the following question, what to choose for your ciabatta Ansuz? Cable 0.5m diamond or ceramic 2m? The budget is clearly limited ...

Quote Originally Posted by holydio View Post
    Sorry but I ask the following question, what to choose for your ciabatta Ansuz? Cable 0.5m diamond or ceramic 2m? The budget is clearly limited ...

I don't believe the supplier offers 0.5m Diamond power cords. May be Frits or Lars can chime in to clarify?

I'd take a 1m Diamond PC over a 2m Ceramic one.

Thank You. It 'an important commitment. You say you do not depreciate in case of resale?

All brand new audio products including cables depreciate in price Fabio. If you are concerned that the cables might not be right for you then request a home demo from your local dealer - prior to committing to a purchase.

I explained myself badly. In the sense that it can affect only 1m and everyone goes on further measures?

Does anyone have any experience with the Ansuz Mainz?

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum ksalno, thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by ksalno View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the Ansuz Mainz?
    I have one. Works great. Plug your preamp into the connector that's marked "white" and the other sources into the other slots. Using my noise level meter, the common grounding alone from the Mainz8 lowered the line noise dramatically.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Lars Kristensen and Michael Borresen the founders of Raidho and Ansuz would say that the Mainz D8 is one of their most significant accomplishments.

In one of my systems I use two in series. I demoed this and more impressed with the results of the two together. As Mike points out it dramatically lowers the noise floor. It uses a proprietary star grounding technology.

You can read more of the advantages here:

Mainz A8 / D8 Power Distributor
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

I own one also, it works very well.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Hi Guys,

Do you plug your amps into the Mainz D8 and if so, do you find that it limits current/dynamics at all? I own the Audience AR6-TSS and plug all my components into it. It also uses star grounding. I find that it dramatically reduces the noise floor and removes a brightness/edginess from the treble that was previously compromising my system. I am extremely pleased with these results. However, the one drawback is that it seems to have reduced dynamics on my amplifiers to a degree. So I'm wondering if the Mainz D8 would be a good solution for my amps, while keeping the AR6-TSS for my K-01 and 520. Or do you think all my components would just sound better plugged into a Mainz D8? Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!!
    Ken

Hi Guys,

Do you plug your amps into the Mainz D8 and if so, do you find that it limits current/dynamics at all? I own the Audience AR6-TSS and plug all my components into it. It also uses star grounding. I find that it dramatically reduces the noise floor and removes a brightness/edginess from the treble that was previously compromising my system. I am extremely pleased with these results. However, the one drawback is that it seems to have reduced dynamics on my amplifiers to a degree. So I'm wondering if the Mainz D8 would be a good solution for my amps, while keeping the AR6-TSS for my K-01 and 520. Or do you think all my components would just sound better plugged into a Mainz D8? Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!!
    Ken
    Ken, I've metered the amperage going to the Mainz D8 running the Soulution 520/501's/541 and during normal music passages it draws less than 4 amps. During the most demanding musical passages I've never seen it draw more than 7 amps of power.

You may remember that the Soulution amps have massive capacitance built into them. Here's a quote from the 501 brochure "The high-precision idle current management ensures optimal operating conditions, storage capacitors with 47’000 microfarads allow for a nearly infinite impulse response. Atotal of six power supplies feed each 501 mono-amplifier"

I believe the MainzD8 can accommodate at least 15 amps of continuous draw. When I was back in Chicago auditioning the Soulution 701's mono blocks against the 725, I saw the 701's peak out at 17 amps of draw under the most extreme and demanding musical passages. The 701's at that time were plugged into the back of the Mainz D8 and I didn't sense any compression of dynamics.

If you can find a way to home audition the Mainz you could see if it works for you.
    Le Roy

Foundation:

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables & Accessories