Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Hi Buch, welcome and thanks for dragging us into 2014!

Yes, compared to my Nordost Odin cable, Ansuz is indeed blacker in background and this is a good thing!

Yes, Ansuz C has more bass heft than Ansuz P or Ansuz A. I would not worry about that being over-bearing, it is only unlocking whats on the recording and unlike some other high end cables Ansuz is not injecting bags of artificial warmth. Ansuz delivers deep bass, but is it bass that is highly resolved and not sloooooooow.
    Hi Kiwi and you other guys.
    Think 2014 is going to be a very facinating year for Ansuz fans

No, you can never get too resolved bass lines.. I await my Ansuz C now, like a little child before his Birthday

Buch

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Hello all Ansuz fans.

I think it is time for this thread to get into 2014

4music - Have you got your Ceramic power cords and had time to give them a listen ?
    I am pretty interested in this, because I also just ordered 1 yesterday.

Think , I will also tell a bit about my experience with Ansuz.. I have had Nordost for about 15 years or so and very happy about them. But ½ a year ago, I visited the Raidho factory and Lars told me about their new cable lines.
    I heard them in the demo room and it just sounded so great. Guess it was the Diamond series and everything was set up optimal.. but I figured.. I just had to check this out on my own.
    So I ordered 3 ALU mainz and the POM speaker cable. It really lifted my system a lot..so I did not regret it one bit

I have then until now, had the NO Tyr interconnect and another Vishnu Power cable for my PSU to my Auraliti streamer.
    So now it is time to get the complete Ansuz cable loom in my system
    I have ordered the ceramic power cord and will use it in front of the mains distributor (QBase4) and then the extra ALU mainz to replace the Vishnu for the PSU/Auraliti.
    Then I ordered the ceramic interconnect to replace the Tyr.

So I am very exited to hear what the ceramic series can offer.

I agree on many of the other views of the Ansuz cables. The sound is pretty much like the Nordost sound. Very transparent, detailed, fast, neutral and I would describe the differences to be mostly a more quiet/black background..lower noise floor. This is not like I have experienced before. Before, when having heard something with a very "black" background.. I find it with a loss of dynamics and also in details. But this is not the case with the Ansuz cables at all. Here I find, that every single detail and microdynamics are delivered to me.
    I find the Ansuz cables, not so much "up front" as the Nordosts..but in no way are they not that dynamic or fast. They have so much "PRAT" and the overall sound are just more musical, fluid and gives more pleasure to enjoy the music without missing anything.

So , I am exited how much more the ceramic series can lift my system.
    Tiny little concern I have is , that I have read that the ceramic has more bass output and I must say, I have all I need right now. Tight, very resolved bottom end right now..but let us see, what they bring even more to me.

Oh, yes.. I also ordered the SparkTC (tesla) , so I will get 1 one this and 1 SparkZ , which I have allready.

I will get back and tell you about my experiences , when I get the cables and they are burned in and ready for rewieving.

Buch
    Hi Buch & welcome. Nice writeup on Ansuz. Thanks for sharing.
    I have altered my order slightly and got the Ansuz Diamond Mainz-8
    Distributor (prior to the C cords) that together with Nordost Odin Power Cord from power to distributor was the biggest uplift in cabling/resonance I've experienced so far. After a month of constant use it has broken-in nicely delivering incredible performance. My dealer expects a order of Ansuz C and A and I will get to try and choose but I bet I will go with the C's.

I spent time with the Ansuz Diamond power cords last weekend. I compared them to my Shunyata power system and also to just the Shunyata Zitron Anaconda power cords. The rest of the system I used was: Linn Klimax DS server, D’Agostino preamp and 2 stereo momentum power amps, Raidho D3s w 2 Wilson Watch Dog subwoofers/controllers.

Here is what I had to play with.

My Shunyata system:

A Triton/Typhon on the Linn and Dag preamp.
    2 Typhons, 1 on each Dag power amp each in their own dedicated circuit.
    Power cords and umbilicals are all Zitron Anacondas except for the Linn and it is the new Alpha Digital.

On loan I had 4 Ansuz Diamond power cords with 1 Sparkz

I did the following tests using Ansuz diamond interconnects/speaker cables and also using Shunyata interconnect/speaker cables. No difference worth mentioning in the following results if any at all. That’s not to say they aren’t differences in the interconnects, but the power had the same effect on both. I’ll write up the interconnect comparison in a future post.

I didn’t know exactly how to do this power cord comparison. I could think of so many ways. Exchange 1 item at a time. As a whole system. Partial replacement. Anyway.

So here is what I did:

First I had a problem using the Diamond with the Klimax since it has a weird lip in back and needs a streamlined power connection. I have an adapter I could use so I tried it with the Diamond vs the Alpha Digital I had specially made for the Klimax. Sonically this comparison just wasn’t close and I think it was the adapter and not a fair comparison of the cable. So I put the Diamond cord back into the box and only used the 3 Diamond cords from here on out and used the Shunyata Alpha Digital on the Klimax on all further comparisons.

Second I decided that since the cost of the complete Shunyata system is in the same ballpark as the 3 Diamonds plus Sparkz ($38,000 v $31,000) I would exchange out the different manufacturers power “system”. In this comparison, the Shunyata was blacker/quieter, the sound character was a tiny bit warmer with the Ansuz both had lots of detail and amazing ability to convey the emotion of the music. The Ansuz presented itself maybe 5 feet back from where the Shunyata presented itself. I imagine this would help the near field listeners out there. But the big difference was the soundstage height/width/depth in that with the Ansuz it collapsed totally. When I say totally, it still was very good but in comparison there was a big difference. Something that if I didn’t hear it myself I would have been very skeptical.

Third I put the Triton and Typhons back into the system and only changed the 3 cords going into pre and power amps. This was very close. Much more alike than different. Obviously both companies are striving for the same sound in their cables. Again the Ansuz was a tiny bit warmer, blacks were great on both maybe the edge to the Ansuz. The presentation was a little further back but not as dramatic as before and the biggest difference before "the soundstage" was the same. All in all, the Ansuz might be a tiny bit better at $10,000 each vs $3,000 each. I would need to live with them for a couple of weeks to really know which one I would end up liking best. And quite honestly, with that kind of price difference, I have no desire to spend the time or money on something that is that close to the same.

I’m sure that on other systems, people will find different results. But in mine, I didn’t feel the Ansuz power cords inproved my system. I was somewhat surprised since I liked what the Ansuz speaker cable did in my system. (see post above).
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

I played with the Sparkz last weekend and as I've read that having more than one in a system is problematic. I can't say it was good when I used it with my Shunyata Triton, but then again it has some "voodoo" stuff like the Sparkz so maybe they didn't like each other.

But it really brought focus and an ease to my second system using Accuphase and my Devore O/96.

Very nice product.
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by 4music View Post

[...] I have altered my order slightly and got the Ansuz Diamond Mainz-8
    Hi Tim,

What did the Mainz-8 replace and what difference did you note?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post

[...]

Third I put the Triton and Typhons back into the system and only changed the 3 cords going into pre and power amps. This was very close. Much more alike than different. Obviously both companies are striving for the same sound in their cables. Again the Ansuz was a tiny bit warmer, blacks were great on both maybe the edge to the Ansuz. The presentation was a little further back but not as dramatic as before and the biggest difference before "the soundstage" was the same. All in all, the Ansuz might be a tiny bit better at $10,000 each vs $3,000 each. I would need to live with them for a couple of weeks to really know which one I would end up liking best. And quite honestly, with that kind of price difference, I have no desire to spend the time or money on something that is that close to the same.

I’m sure that on other systems, people will find different results. But in mine, I didn’t feel the Ansuz power cords inproved my system. I was somewhat surprised since I liked what the Ansuz speaker cable did in my system. (see post above).

Thanks for sharing this Jock. Interesting to read this and together with other peoples observations see some common threads emerge; i.e. sound-stage depth and black backgrounds etc.

Just one question, when the Triton and Typhons (Shunyata power system) was removed from your system out of interest what (if any) power distribution board did you use? I am assuming here, perhaps incorrectly, that another variable was introduced to provide spurs to your source and pre-amp?

Hi Buch & welcome. Nice writeup on Ansuz. Thanks for sharing.
    I have altered my order slightly and got the Ansuz Diamond Mainz-8
    Distributor (prior to the C cords) that together with Nordost Odin Power Cord from power to distributor was the biggest uplift in cabling/resonance I've experienced so far. After a month of constant use it has broken-in nicely delivering incredible performance. My dealer expects a order of Ansuz C and A and I will get to try and choose but I bet I will go with the C's.
    Hi 4music

OK, I see. Yes, the Mainz-8 should also be very interesting and should give a lot of lift to the entire system.
    Lars told me it was a really nice product. So I think it is next on my "upgrade" list. By the way, does it come in other versions or a planning to? Do you know that? Or maybe they all are "Diamond" versions.

I got a nice surprise 2 days ago.. a small packet arrived from Ansuz and it was with the SparkzTC , I ordered.
    The cables were not promised to me before yesterday, so I did not expect the SparkzTC to arrive before that.
    So I had some hours to try this one out and it makes some difference, no doubt about that.

My ceramic powercord and interconnect arrived yesterday, and I first tried replacing my Nordost Tyr and listened for some hours and then lastly replaced the Alu powercord with the ceramic version.
    I will let it all burn-in and stabilize before making further comments.. but pretty sure, they will give me a larger smile on my face

Buch

Hi Tim,

What did the Mainz-8 replace and what difference did you note?

Thanks!
    Acoustic Revive Ultimate EU-4 (2x more expensive than the Mainz in Europe)

The Acoustic Revive was more bass heavy and warmer. It was also very sensitive to isolation/vibration control given its mass (6-7 pounds) . The Diamond Mainz-8 has less mass, significantly less metal (I think it is made out of plastic) but after 150 hours it has an amazing transparency and it has the aural signature of Nordost Odin: Transparent, crisp, detailed, very good bass without being overbearing and more correct sounding. It is sitting on 3 Black diamond racing cones/pucks tied together (picture will follow) since it prefers to be off the ground with non metal elevation. I am using a Nodost Odin as my first power cord from plug to Mainz, so I guess the Mainz is very neutral and all my power has now the signature of the first cord. With the Acoustic Revive I was getting too much bass from my Raidho D-1s and I was relating that to my cabling (Jorma Origo). The transformation with the Mainz is significant. I met Lars recently and he mentioned that I should start the Ansuz journey with the Mainz. He also mentioned that there are the equivalent of 24 Dark TC within the Mainz. I ordered it blindly, but I am very satisfied with the results. The best power conditioner I've used by far. Next change will be the power cords to the equipment. I've tried the Ansuz Diamond, but I think you can get very close to the performance with the Ansuz C and the Diamond Mainz Distributor.

Hi 4music

OK, I see. Yes, the Mainz-8 should also be very interesting and should give a lot of lift to the entire system.
    Lars told me it was a really nice product. So I think it is next on my "upgrade" list. By the way, does it come in other versions or a planning to? Do you know that? Or maybe they all are "Diamond" versions.

I got a nice surprise 2 days ago.. a small packet arrived from Ansuz and it was with the SparkzTC , I ordered.
    The cables were not promised to me before yesterday, so I did not expect the SparkzTC to arrive before that.
    So I had some hours to try this one out and it makes some difference, no doubt about that.

My ceramic powercord and interconnect arrived yesterday, and I first tried replacing my Nordost Tyr and listened for some hours and then lastly replaced the Alu powercord with the ceramic version.
    I will let it all burn-in and stabilize before making further comments.. but pretty sure, they will give me a larger smile on my face

Buch
    I think the Mainz Comes in the A (Alu) and the D (diamond) version only. The price difference is not that great (+30% for D) I suggest you go with the D if you want to try it out.

I am looking forward to your comparison of the A vs the C Power cord. Thanks
    Tim

Good question. They were plugged directly into the wall into dedicated circuits. Only when I added the Sparkz did I need to use anything extra. But when i needed the extra outlets, I used the Shunyata PS8 distributed which is the best distributer I had. Much better than just a power strip.

Thanks for sharing this Jock. Interesting to read this and together with other peoples observations see some common threads emerge; i.e. sound-stage depth and black backgrounds etc.

Just one question, when the Triton and Typhons (Shunyata power system) was removed from your system out of interest what (if any) power distribution board did you use? I am assuming here, perhaps incorrectly, that another variable was introduced to provide spurs to your source and pre-amp?
    Jock

---------

[...] The Diamond Mainz-8 has less mass, significantly less metal (I think it is made out of plastic) but after 150 hours it has an amazing transparency and it has the aural signature of Nordost Odin: Transparent, crisp, detailed, very good bass without being overbearing and more correct sounding. It is sitting on 3 Black diamond racing cones/pucks tied together (picture will follow) since it prefers to be off the ground with non metal elevation.
    Thanks for the reply Tim. That's really interesting. Are you not able to put the Mainz-8 on the equipment rack? As I understand it the Mainz-8 is supplied with Ansuz Darkz Diamond footers - which are reportedly the cats whiskers. Interesting you are circumventing them by using BDR cones. Could you expand on why?

[...] I met Lars recently and he mentioned that I should start the Ansuz journey with the Mainz. He also mentioned that there are the equivalent of 24 Dark TC within the Mainz. I ordered it blindly, but I am very satisfied with the results. The best power conditioner I've used by far.

Did you mean the equivalent of 24 Sparkz TC inside the Mainz? Lars is a great sales guy. Have you tried Sparkz and Sparkz TC sound enhancers? What did you think?

Thanks for the reply Tim. That's really interesting. Are you not able to put the Mainz-8 on the equipment rack? As I understand it the Mainz-8 is supplied with Ansuz Darkz Diamond footers - which are reportedly the cats whiskers. Interesting you are circumventing them by using BDR cones. Could you expand on why?

Currently I can't sit the MAinz in the equipment rack. The footers supplied are actually 1 layer (vs 3 of the Ansuz full footers) missing the small ceramic balls i.e. has limited vibration control. On the other hand given it is lightweight, stiff cords could dictate more how the Mainz sits. I've used The BDR cones and the Finite Elemente Cerabase footers (metallic) and preferred the first

Did you mean the equivalent of 24 Sparkz TC inside the Mainz? Lars is a great sales guy. Have you tried Sparkz and Sparkz TC sound enhancers? What did you think?
    Correct. That was his quote: 24 Sparkz TC inside the Mainz. I have tried 3 Sparkz (not the TCs) in the past (Duplex mains outlet/ Distributor/ another one within an distant empty outlet). The results were consistent to the ones reported here: blacker backgrounds, more correct sounding. However it was before the addition of Mainz in the system.

In my view Mainz & the Spark address the problem of small voltage differences within the same electrical circuit due to imperfections of the grounding. I you use a good grounding unit like the Troy Signature probably you get similar results. As always prudence is king. 1 Mainz, good power cords, good vibration control for all the system get you 97% of perfection.

Kiwi the reply related to the footers in Mainz is by mistake incorporated within your quote in the above reply
    tim

image.jpg
    The BDR footers supporting the Mainz

Kiwi the reply related to the footers in Mainz is by mistake incorporated within your quote in the above reply

tim

Hi Tim,

Saw your reply and strongly urge you to get your Ansuz Mainz-8 off the floor and onto an equipment rack.

The distributor is like the heart of an audio system and deserves to be treated like any other audio component. One of the best sonic upgrades I made sometime back was to rack mount the AC distributor. My distributor now sits on the bottom shelf via Nordost Sort TC Kones. Moving the distributor from the floor to the rack with quality mechanical earthing provided a bigger upgrade than doubling my investment in a source component.

Cheers
    Ralph

+1

Hi Tim,

Saw your reply and strongly urge you to get your Ansuz Mainz-8 off the floor and onto an equipment rack.

The distributor is like the heart of an audio system and deserves to be treated like any other audio component. One of the best sonic upgrades I made sometime back was to rack mount the AC distributor. My distributor now sits on the bottom shelf via Nordost Sort TC Kones. Moving the distributor from the floor to the rack with quality mechanical earthing provided a bigger upgrade than doubling my investment in a source component.

Cheers
    Ralph
    Jock

---------

Ansuz Mainz 8.jpg

The Mainz 8 , I find it SO nice looking and genious to have the power cords horisontally.
    This is definitely next on my wish list

Buch

I saw it at CES and it looks and feels really good.

Ansuz Mainz 8.jpg

The Mainz 8 , I find it SO nice looking and genious to have the power cords horisontally.
    This is definitely next on my wish list

Buch
    Jock

---------

Hi Tim,

Cheers
    Ralph
    Ralph will definitely do when I finalize the rack selection. Currently I don't have enough rack space for the distributor.
    Tim

Audioshark

Question - does the distributor do any kind of filtration?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Question - does the distributor do any kind of filtration?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Hi Mike,

You might find the following blurb from Ansuz Acoustics useful.

"Ansuz Acoustics is proud to introduce the new Ansuz Mainz 8 power distributors. By using, a Mainz 8 in any system the enhancement of the performance will be eminent.

You can see the Mainz 8 as the strong heart of a system. It will supply a steady flow of current to even the most demanding set-up. With its immense capacity of grounding through star grounding, it builds on the same principles as the Ansuz Mainz cables line, and deliver the best possible foundation for High End performance.

Inside the Ansuz Mainz 8 you find only passive components the leaves the dynamics totally uncompressed – contrasting active power conditioners. Instead, you will experience a pitch-black background to your soundstage; on witch, an impressing dynamic presentation is projected. The biggest contributor to this phenomenon is the build in Sparkz technology.

There are two versions of the Ansuz Mainz 8 available. The A level and the D level versions both features the same mechanical and electrical design. Where the A level versions uses a single board design with six Sparkz built-on, the D level version is fitted with a double board design with no less than six Sparkz and twelve SparkzTC.

To avoid any form of hysteresis, the Ansuz Mainz 8 are built on a steel chassis with a non-resonance MDF casing. A design that also make the power distributor appear more furniture-like, so we feel sure that will place your Ansuz Mainz 8 on a good rack shelf – just as it is intended for."

Regards
    Ralph

Audioshark

Hi Mike,

You might find the following blurb from Ansuz Acoustics useful.

Regards
    Ralph
    It sounds salesy to me. Does it condition? Filter? Regenerate (unlikely)?

When it comes to power - I'm finding out the voodoo takes on a whole new level. And the BS too.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

But there's a "witch" Mike!! Maybe she's part of the magic

Sorry...started drinking early since I no longer have a dog in today's fight. No offense intended.

Go Broncs!!
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by mdkim View Post
    But there's a "witch" Mike!! Maybe she's part of the magic

Sorry...started drinking early since I no longer have a dog in today's fight. No offense intended.

Go Broncs!!
    None taken. Go Seahawks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It sounds salesy to me. Does it condition? Filter? Regenerate (unlikely)?

When it comes to power - I'm finding out the voodoo takes on a whole new level. And the BS too.
    My understanding is:-

Conditioning - No
    Filter - No
    Regenerate - No

This assumes traditional definitions of each. I am not sure how Ansuz would classify the Sparkz coils though.

"...soundstage; on witch, an impressing dynamic presentation is projected..."
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

To me the Sparks is a conditioning item. Not the the electricity goes through it but it does interact with the electricity. I'm sure it dif tech but it is the same idea the Shunyata Defender. It's a circuit of some sort that runs in parallel with the power distributor.
    Jock

---------

To me the Sparks is a conditioning item. [...]
    Perhaps you are right Jock.

While mains conditioning lacks official definition, traditionally mains conditioning includes voltage regulation and some form of noise suppression and / or transient impulse protection or perhaps PFC. Judged along those traditional lines I didn't think the Mainz-8 quite qualified as a conditioner. More like a power distributor with some mojo?

Anybody has fist hand experience with the Ansuz D and C power cords? I was ready to buy the C's but my dealer tells me that the D's are the real deal and the difference between them is significant. Opinions?

Anybody has fist hand experience with the Ansuz D and C power cords? I was ready to buy the C's but my dealer tells me that the D's are the real deal and the difference between them is significant. Opinions?

Yes, I have compared Ansuz C & Ansuz D power cords in the same system. My initial finding was that whilst Ansuz D was demonstrably better the step up from C to D was not as impactful as stepping up from P to C. Ansuz may not thank me for saying so but in my observation Ansuz C is the sweetspot in the range. D is better but it is 3x the price....

Audioshark

To me the Sparks is a conditioning item. Not the the electricity goes through it but it does interact with the electricity. I'm sure it dif tech but it is the same idea the Shunyata Defender. It's a circuit of some sort that runs in parallel with the power distributor.
    Why can't manufacturers just tell us in plain English what their AC/power products do and why they feel its beneficial? Pardon my language, but the smoke, mirrors and guessing games is BS. There is obviously a lot of confusion and misunderstanding around products that cost a lot of money.

From the Ansuz website:

SPARKZ SOUND ENHANCER
    "The Sparkz Sound Enhanzer is something of a mystery, because of it's impressing effect to HIFI sound environment."

If anyone is interested, I do have an Ansuz C PC up for sale. PM for price.

Allen

Just out of curiosity what/why are you replacing?

Quote Originally Posted by socfan12 View Post
    Jock

---------

The Ansuz is definitely a good PC. Quiet, and nice mids. But I have a Triton and Anaconda, then purchased a few other Shunyata cables recently, so just decided to do the full Shunyata loom.

Allen

Ah, to loom, or not to loom? Good choice I might add too Allen.

Yes, I have compared Ansuz C & Ansuz D power cords in the same system. My initial finding was that whilst Ansuz D was demonstrably better the step up from C to D was not as impactful as stepping up from P to C. Ansuz may not thank me for saying so but in my observation Ansuz C is the sweetspot in the range. D is better but it is 3x the price....
    Thanks for the info. That has been my impression as well. I remember some time ago you have compared the C power cord with the Odin PC. Any thoughts on how the D Power Cord compares with the Odin, which in my experience has been the best in my system so far?

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    In my experience cable loom for power, and cable loom signal is better than mixing and matching. Power and signal can be different brands though.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkmouth View Post
    Thanks Kev!

Allen

I agree with the power loom being different than the signal/speaker cable loom. I was a BIG believer in the loom theory and and heard it many times over the years being soooo true. Although, I do really like my Shunyata interconnect and Ansuz speaker cable combo. I much prefer it over all Ansuz or all Shunyata. I'm still shaking my head, this totally has shocked me. It just proves to me once again, you HAVE to listen and keep an open mind.

In my experience cable loom for power, and cable loom signal is better than mixing and matching. Power and signal can be different brands though.
    Jock

---------

Interesting Jock. So it's only the SC that is Ansuz? What has it done in your system compared to an all Shunyata system if you've tried that before?

Allen

It has tighter better defined bass, a little more holographic mids. Which is strange in that when I put the Ansuz diamond interconnects in I get the opposite from the Shunyata Anacondas.
    Jock

---------

It has tighter better defined bass, a little more holographic mids. Which is strange in that when I put the Ansuz diamond interconnects in I get the opposite from the Shunyata Anacondas.

May be it's the shielding/non shielding & effects from surrounding things like carpet etc.

I agree with the power loom being different than the signal/speaker cable loom. I was a BIG believer in the loom theory and and heard it many times over the years being soooo true. Although, I do really like my Shunyata interconnect and Ansuz speaker cable combo. I much prefer it over all Ansuz or all Shunyata. I'm still shaking my head, this totally has shocked me. It just proves to me once again, you HAVE to listen and keep an open mind.
    Interesting observation. Relates with speakers, electronics and synergy I guess. A lot of my Raidho D-1's midbass warmth, and slight emphasis on bass have been resolved with the Mainz Distributor. Now the speakers respond more favorably and more accomodating with various other cable brands. Still thinking about going all Ansuz for power.

After the dust settles on my gear and room, I'd be open to trying different SCs in my system, like Ansuz or TL. But the Shunyata PCs stay, as well as the 9m IC. Almost any other brand at that length would be cost prohibitive! I do think the mids were a tad richer with the Ansuz and TL PCs I had tried.

Allen

I am still a believer in single loom theory, though where broad cable characteristics are similiar different brands can work together. This was certainly my observation with Nordost and Ansuz which seem to happily partner. In the finish though the single loom theory is helpful to the extent that it reduces variables.

I agree

That's why I'm still scratching my head a little.
    Jock

---------

I am still a believer in single loom theory, though where broad cable characteristics are similiar different brands can work together. This was certainly my observation with Nordost and Ansuz which seem to happily partner. In the finish though the single loom theory is helpful to the extent that it reduces variables.
    I sort of believe this as well (hence my Shunyata loom), but in the end, we tweak to get the sound we like and if it means mix and match, nothing wrong with that either.

Allen

Ansuz news.. TAS Blog February 2014 by Jonathan Valin

To put this plainly, the Ansuz produce the most enveloping, three-dimensional soundstage I've ever heard, short of an omnidirectional speaker. Listening to speakers wired with Ansuz is a bit like listening to earphones in that the soundstage doesn't just get wider and deeper from the plane of the speakers to the backwall; with Ansuz the soundstage seemingly wraps around your head, so that instruments are staged from the plane of your ears all the way to the rearmost boundaries of the listening room. As a result, the speakers not only disappear, so does the room.
    Whether this startling effect is "correct" or not (i.e., an accurate reflection of microphone and instrumental placements or the product of some kind of consistent and sonically attractive phase shift) I don't know yet. What I do know is that Ansuz products generate the most three-dimensional soundfield I've ever heard from “mere” wires, isolators, conditioners, and stands.
    For many, many more photos and comments on my visit to Raidho’s showroom, factory, the Tribology Center, and the Ansuz offices, go to: Jonathan Valin | Raidho Acoustics, Pandrup and Aarhus, Denmark, February 2014.
    Read the following link:
    Masterpieces from Avantgarde and Raidho | The Absolute Sound

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

I agree

That's why I'm still scratching my head a little.
    Ansuz speaker cables absolutely sound incredible with the Raidho speakers.
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

After the dust settles on my gear and room, I'd be open to trying different SCs in my system, like Ansuz or TL. But the Shunyata PCs stay, as well as the 9m IC. Almost any other brand at that length would be cost prohibitive! I do think the mids were a tad richer with the Ansuz and TL PCs I had tried.
    Ok, just sh*ts and giggles I replaced my Alpha Digital PC to my K03 with the Ansuz PC I said was up for sale. I have never A/B'd them before, just made the switch whole hog to Shunyata. Well, I'm eating crow now because I think I prefer the Ansuz on my K03 over the Alpha Digital, LOL! Like Jock says, holographic mids, weightier, making vocals oh so tangible and real. Night night/day difference, but certainly discernible. Wow.

Time to revisit this thread...

Allen

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Ansuz Cables & Accessories