Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Quote Originally Posted by 4music View Post
    Hello,
    New to the forum.

I have been using on a trial basis the Ansuz P power cables My system consists of Burmester 088/ Ypsilon PST Mk 2./ Ypsilon Aelius/ Raidho D-1. All components are linked to an Acoustic Revive distributor fronted by a Nordost Odin power cable to the mains, so the coments refer to changing the 4 power cords to the conditioner. Ansuz P power cables bettered both the ASI Reference cables and the Nordost Valhalla 1. I am now testing them in comparison to Jorma Origo Power cables and they came ahead with better definition, bite and ambience retreaval (less bass though). I am seriously considering going all Ansuz A or Ansuz C (or perhaps a mix). Further details/comments from users are appreciated. Anybody used the A level? If yes how do they compare with the P level?
    ----
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Wow I heard the power Vahalla 2 and yes they are closer to the Odin than the Vahalla 1. If I had to get one I will go for the Vahalla 2 as to me is very close to the Odin
    Angel

Nakamichi Dragons
    Nakamichi CR-7A
    Nakamichi ZX-9
    The Elite Super Metal Cassettes
    AMG Viella 12 Turntable
    ARC Reference Phono 2SE, Benz LP S
    ARC Reference 10
    ARC Reference 150
    Sonus Faber Amati Futura's
    Isoclean Transformer 3030G, amp direct to wall
    Isoclean, Nirvana, Vahalla

Audioshark

Hello,
    New to the forum. I have been using on a trial basis the Ansuz P power cables My system consists of Burmester 088/ Ypsilon PST Mk 2./ Ypsilon Aelius/ Raidho D-1. All components are linked to an Acoustic Revive distributor fronted by a Nordost Odin power cable to the mains, so the coments refer to changing the 4 power cords to the conditioner. Ansuz P power cables bettered both the ASI Reference cables and the Nordost Valhalla 1. I am now testing them in comparison to Jorma Origo Power cables and they came ahead with better definition, bite and ambience retreaval (less bass though). I am seriously considering going all Ansuz A or Ansuz C (or perhaps a mix). Further details/comments from users are appreciated. Anybody used the A level? If yes how do they compare with the P level?
    Welcome! I'm really looking forward to your thoughts. I'm thinking Nordost Valhalla 2 or Ansuz C.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Welcome to AS!!!
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

@Nothstar
    @Mike
    @the professor
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Mike, in my system the Ansuz P is better to the Nordost Valhalla 1. I've auditioned Valhalla 2 in power cord form, amplifier only. Maybe they were brand new or something but the sound of the amplifiers became to thin and edgy. Beware that in order to audition PCs the PCs need to be in your system for at least 5 hours to stabilize. Thus I am not sure I've given them a fair chance. I will probably get them for an additional audition. For my PCs now the choice is either Ansuz C or A.

Audioshark

Thanks. I look forward to your impressions. I'm torn between Nordost and Ansuz PC's.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thanks. I look forward to your impressions. I'm torn between Nordost and Ansuz PC's.
    I think this is one of those things you have to try for yourself Mike. Both Ansuz and Nordost are good - but differences exist which makes the effort to listen to them in your own system very worth while.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

I'm not getting response from Ansuz email. How do you contact them otherwise?
    working progress

Dear Rtan,,
    Sorry for not coming back to you yet.
    i am on a business trip right now, and will come back to you on Tuesday when I am back in my office.

Take care
    Kind regards
    Lars

Quote Originally Posted by baskinshaw View Post
    I have the D speaker cables. And have listened to the C power cords. I will have the D power cords next week. If anyone wants to hear my opinions feel free to PM me. I don't want to get in the way of this review, so I will not post my thoughts just yet.
    Not able to send pm yet due to low number of posts. I am eager to hear your opinion on the Ansuz C (especially) & D power cords.
    Tim

Hello Team,

I am looking for some others to contribute their experiences with Ansuz cables please! ....

Earth to Major Jock and Major David -- any feedback you can share with Ground Control?

Thanks!

Ps. Take your protein pills and put your helmets on
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Audioshark

David said the C to D was a big big jump in performance. But I will let him fill in the details.

My D speaker cables should arrive in the next day or two. So I'll give them some breakin and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Hello Team,

I am looking for some others to contribute their experiences with Ansuz cables please! ....

Earth to Major Jock and Major David -- any feedback you can share with Ground Control?

Thanks!

Ps. Take your protein pills and put your helmets on
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post
    My D speaker cables should arrive in the next day or two. So I'll give them some breakin and report back.

Great! Look forward to reading your observations.

Hopefully we will hear from David too.

Deleted update on Ansuz D. Waiting for others to provide feedback.

Ansuz ship a new version of Sparkz called Sparkz TC. The earlier version was passive; the later active.

Speak to your local Ansuz dealer now for more information.....

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

I will do my best to describe what I hear or don't hear with the Ansuz cables in my system. I have very high resolution electronics in my system, at least to my ears. Accuphase C3800, A200 class A amps, Accuphase CD player with a Bryston BDP-1 player hooked up to the internal DAC in the CD player. I also use two Accuphase PS1220 power supplies. Raidho D3 speakers. I have Diamond power cords feeding the power supplies and on the preamp. Ceramic power cords are on the amps, CD player and Bryston. Ceramic interconnects on the CD player and feeding the A200's. Diamond speaker cables going to the D3's. When I first turned the volume up the first thing I noticed was an extremely quiet, black background. Second thing is I did not have to turn my volume as high on the preamp to reach my listening levels. About a 3-5 db difference than before. As for the sound of the cables they appear to do nothing. What I mean is they are extremely quiet, detailed, fast and tight punchy bass with great control. But they do not seem to impart anything on the bottom, the middle or the top. They are very musical sounding, not fatiguing. They are just there. With the Ansuz cables in my system it seems like my amps are sounding how they are supposed to and the source material is being being played unaltered by cables directly out of the D3's. In other words I'm just hearing my speakers and amplifier characteristics. The Ansuz adds nothing to the sound between electronics and speakers. So if your looking for a cable system to enhance something your speakers and electronics may be missing these are not going to do that, in my opinion. They will however let you truly evaluate different speakers, source and amplification without the cables adding a flavor to it. I am comparing these with Tara Lab Omega Gold speaker cable and Zero Gold interconnects on everything . Power cords were Tara Lab Cobalt. This cable setup has a reputation for being the best you can buy, period. I still have the Ansuz in my system. It just works better with my setup.
    Design Audio Video is a dealer for:

Electronics:
    Accuphase, Constellation, Pass Labs, McIntosh, Krell, Bryston, Devialet, Mark Levinson, EAR, T+A, Octave

Speakers:
    Raidho, Focal, Revel, Dynaudio, JBL, Sonus Faber

Cables:
    Tara Labs, Shunyata, Nordost, Straightwire, Ansuz, Transparent

Accessories:
    Stillpoints, Quadraspire, Shelter, Transrotor

Grateful thanks Kiwi for the great reviewing--missed ya calling' bro!

Bruce

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Bruce!
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome to AS!
    Jock

---------

Duhhh-Geee thanks fellas--hope I can learn and maybe contribute to the forums

Bruce

I've received a number of Ansuz Sparkz (TC) for evaluation. The TC i am told stands for Tesla Coil.

I will leave them plugged in overnight and compare them with the earlier generation Sparkz and the Nordost Qv2 AC Line Harmonizer shortly.

BTW - I just posted a review/comments on the differences between Ansuz D speaker cables and Shunyata Zitron Anaconda speaker cable.

It and it's comments are in a thread called "Ansuz D Speaker cable review"

For convenience, here is what I wrote, but not the comments/discussion:

-------------------------------

Wasn't exactly sure where to post this but since is about the Ansuz speaker cable specially I figured I would start a new thread.

Here's my write up on the Ansuz D speaker cables. I guess they call them the diamond in their line. Thus the D.

The system I compared the Ansuz cables to my Shunyata Zitron Anaconda speaker cables was: Linn Klinax DS, D'Agostino pre and power amps into Raidho D3s. I used Shunyata Zitron Anaconda interconnects and power cords except on the Klimax I'm using the Shunyata Alpha Digital PC.

Both have great bass extension with the nod to the Anaconda

Mid bass sounds muffled w the Anacondas def nod to Ansuz. Cellos sound like replicas instead of real things w the Ansuz.

Cymbals have a longer sustain with the Anacondas but both have an incredible realism. Without knowing the original recording I have no clue what is more natural. I like the longer sustain so I'll give it to the Anacondas sort of??

Voices are prettier w the anacondas but probably more natural w the Ansuz. The anacondas give a tube bloom to the voices. Depending on what you like this is a tie.

Along the same lines (I mean frequencies as voice) though, the Hammond B3 is spot on with the Ansuz. The pretty presentation of the Anacondas were just sooo wrong. I used to play bass and keyboards a generation ago. Its funny how older people know instantly the proper B3 sound. Try it. One on my fav tracks is Mighty Sam McLain, Too Proud on his Give it up to Love. That track will also throw a soundstage that goes behind you.

Soundstage of the anaconda is 90% as big and maybe 1% more focused as the Ansuz. But both great. No clue which is more natural. Tie.

The Ansuz also is blacker by which I mean the music comes from deeper and from nowhere. On some songs where it's just a singer with his/her guitar it's almost spooky.

Conclusion - damn it, at least for me - the Ansuz are def better. 4x the $ better - yes, I bought them. Whether they are for your system --- all depends what the weakest link is. I would still absolutely recommend the Anacondas because these are NOT in the same price range at all. Just the only thing I could compare to. Well that's not totally true. But the Nordost Heimdall 2 which is the only other speaker cable I have are not in the same league as the Shunyata or Ansuz.

My biggest gripe with the Ansuz is that the packaging SUCKS. But I don't listen to the damn box. And do I want to spend even more for a box - no but - it's funny but I feel cheated a little without it.
    Last edited by MDP; December 3, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
    Jock

---------

Hi Jock,

Many thanks for the review on Ansuz D speaker cables. I think many readers will find it useful that comparison has been made with another leading cable brand. BTW, I share your disappointment with the product packaging.

I have two comments.

First, in my experience, which of course could be completely wrong , power cables have a more profound effect than speakers’ cables. I therefore believe if you plug Ansuz power cords, even the entry level POM, into your components, then watch out for even greater gains in blackness, dynamic range, resolution and musicality.

Second, try Ansuz latest sound enhancing product, called the Ansuz TC (Tesla coil). I don't understand how the product works - but it adds incredible realism and "liveness" to the reproduction.

In sum, I would even go so far as to say that owners of Raidho speakers have not come remotely close to hearing all of their loudspeakers potential if they have not unlocked that potential by employing Ansuz cables. This is not to say that others don't work - but simply to say that the synergy between Ansuz and Raidho is formidable with interaction producing an effect different from and greater than the sum of their individual effects.

Over time I'll be trying all of these. I definitely believe that power is extremely important but I'm not convinced that synergy of a speaker and a power cord necessarily go together. That's not to say that the ansuz power cords won't be better. Just less speaker dependent.

But I'm open and over the next few months I'll see.

Thanks for the thoughts. I need any help I can get.
    Jock

---------

Quote Originally Posted by the professor View Post

[...] . I definitely believe that power is extremely important but I'm not convinced that synergy of a speaker and a power cord necessarily go together. That's not to say that the ansuz power cords won't be better. Just less speaker dependent. [...]

Noted. In my experience and above commentary; synergy has the unstated assumption - that one is aiming for neutrality of cabling - i.e. specifically not using cables as a "tuning tool" to make up for deficiencies elsewhere in the system.

Update on the Ansuz Sparkz TC

I use this post to provide a quick update on the Ansuz Acoustic Sparkz TC sound enhancer.

After a one week audition I noted the following observations:

First, plugged into a double wall socket, shared with your main power cord to the distributor the Sparkz TC really shines. One notes a drop in the noise floor of the system and as a consequence you hear more ambient and micro detail in recordings of all ilks. A further positive spin off can be heard in the harmonic decay of notes – which is noticeably longer with the Sparkz TC plugged in, giving some recordings a more airy and sometimes eerily realistic demeanor. These observations however assume you have the Sparkz TC plugged in for at least 5 minutes; 10-15 minutes being better still. The Sparkz TC, unlike the standard Sparkz seems to need a warm up period as plugged in cold the positive contributions noted above are not immediately noticeable.

Photo 1: How can you say no to a Tesla Coil?

Second, a further Sparkz TC plugged into the distributor surprisingly was a step backwards! While one senses more energy particularly around the centre soundstage and image, leading to perceptions of a somewhat more forward presentation (which you may like or not – I don’t) this comes at the expense of reduced soundstage height, perhaps being overpowered by the energy of the central image, and a reduction in the harmonic tail of notes. In other words, the good work done by the Sparkz TC at the wall socket, observationally; is being undone by a further Sparkz TC plugged in the distributor! Indeed, the only other location I could find to plug a second Sparkz TC into – without eroding the audio experience – was an adjacent power circuit i.e. not the dedicated AC line serving the distributor – but another dedicated line which is presently redundant.

It is possible my criticism of a 2nd Sparkz TC deployment is a system dependent or related issue – so the results should not be read as gospel…

While how Sparkz works remains something of a mystery to me – I don’t doubt my ears which overall observe a blacker foundation in which music resides courtesy of the Sparkz. If you have the opportunity to borrow a unit from a friendly local Ansuz dealer, I urge you to do so.

I just ordered four of the them along with the diamond interconnects.

Electronics:
    Accuphase, Constellation, Pass Labs, McIntosh, Krell, Bryston, Devialet, Mark Levinson, EAR, T+A, Octave

Speakers:

Cables:

Accessories:

Great David. I would be interested in your thoughts after you have received them.

I really like the Diamond power cords and the Ceramic interconnects are very good as well. I talked to Lars and he is very excited about the Mainz distribution box. He commented about all of their recent accomplishments with Raidho and Ansuz and that as good as those two are, the distribution box was the most impressive item that he and Michael have done together.

Electronics:

Speakers:

Cables:

Accessories:

Hello Ansuz Followers,

I am with Kiwi, having the experience that the most important cable in the system are possibly the power cables. Cabling tends to be more speaker specific than electronics specific. In that respect, the Ansuz line performance in non-Raidho systems needs to be proven, since most Ansuz users are using the Raidho speakers as well.

That being said, after experiencing the performance of the Ansuz entry line power cords (Ansuz P) I have ordered my first two Ceramic level power cords for my Ypsilon Aelius amplifiers. Hopefully they will arrive in 2 weeks so I can report back. Lars and the local distributor are doing an event locally next week, so I will have the time to chat about the various Ansuz Products.

Tim

I posted this in another thread but thought that it was pertinent to this thread......

Thx Kiwi and Allen, get in that car and come back....everything changed again this morning. Allen and I thought that the Goldmund Telos 280 didn't quite drive the S5's like the 700 Watt Merrill amps were driving them. The other day I noticed that Kiwi had found that more than one SparkzTC was not as good as just one SparkzTC. I had THREE SparkzTC's AND three of the passive SparkzAC's pluggled into the back of my Torus Isolation transformer and into my wall receptacles. I was SURE that having more of the Ansuz SparksZ was better than just one or two. This morning I said, let me take a few of the Sparkz out of the Torus......DUH, I can't believe I didn't try it as soon as I read Kiwi's post.

One SparkzTC is great. More than one starts to close in the sound. When I took five of the Sparkz out the sound, which was AMAZING before, jumped to an entirely different level especially regarding openness.

Thx again Kiwi.....and Allen come back

Quote Originally Posted by Absolare View Post
    I posted this in another thread but thought that it was pertinent to this thread......

Thx Kiwi and Allen, get in that car and come back....everything changed again this morning. Allen and I thought that the Goldmund Telos 280 didn't quite drive the S5's like the 700 Watt Merrill amps were driving them. The other day I noticed that Kiwi had found that more than one SparkzTC was not as good as just one SparkzTC. I had THREE SparkzTC's AND three of the passive SparkzAC's pluggled into the back of my Torus Isolation transformer and into my wall receptacles. I was SURE that having more of the Ansuz SparksZ was better than just one or two. This morning I said, let me take a few of the Sparkz out of the Torus......DUH, I can't believe I didn't try it as soon as I read Kiwi's post.

One SparkzTC is great. More than one starts to close in the sound. When I took five of the Sparkz out the sound, which was AMAZING before, jumped to an entirely different level especially regarding openness.

Thx again Kiwi.....and Allen come back

Thanks very much for this feedback Bob.

I wasn't sure whether my findings might be system dependent, so my observations included a caveat. Like you, I initially assumed the more the merrier with the Sparkz TC.

This is odd for sure . Lars seems to feel the more the better. I have 4 being shipped out Thursday so I will put them in my Accuphase system and see if I get the same results. I will start by putting one in each 1220 power supply and then add a second one in each. I will let you guy's know. Also will have the Diamond interconnects. I can't wait to try these.

Electronics:

Speakers:

Cables:

Accessories:

Quote Originally Posted by DAV View Post
    This is odd for sure . Lars seems to feel the more the better. [...]
    Yes I agree, it was a case of the more the better with the non-active Sparkz. It may be true too for the Sparkz TC -- just not in my system.

I look forward to reading your observations in due course.

image.jpgRaidho D1 with Ansuz Diamond Cables and new Distributor in Athens

New Production Version of Ansuz D Distributor with full loom of Ansuz D cables
    image.jpg

What platform is that...? I do know that Raidho/Anzus are working on audio support as well...
    PERFECT SENSE
    www.perfect-sense.se

Showroom in Stockholm, Sweden | info@perfect-sense.se | 08 518 368 00 | Follow us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    What platform is that...? I do know that Raidho/Anzus are working on audio support as well...
    Its the Audiophile Base platforms from UK. Unrelated to Ansuz.

New Production Version of Ansuz D Distributor with full loom of Ansuz D cables
    image.jpg
    Doesn't look like a full loom of Ansuz D to me. Three of the power cables appear to be Ansuz P.

I assume this is the set up for the Greek audio show? The D1 together with The Playback Designs CDP and Dartzeel amplifier should impress the audience!

Last edited by kiwi_1282001; December 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Photo enlargement

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Doesn't look like a full loom of Ansuz D to me. Three of the power cables appear to be Ansuz P.

I assume this is the set up for the Greek audio show? The D1 together with The Playback Designs CDP and Dartzeel amplifier should impress the audience!
    You are right. The 3 cords are P level, powering the turntable and the phono. The sound was really impressive.

Hello all Ansuz fans.

I think it is time for this thread to get into 2014

4music - Have you got your Ceramic power cords and had time to give them a listen ?
    I am pretty interested in this, because I also just ordered 1 yesterday.

Think , I will also tell a bit about my experience with Ansuz.. I have had Nordost for about 15 years or so and very happy about them. But ½ a year ago, I visited the Raidho factory and Lars told me about their new cable lines.
    I heard them in the demo room and it just sounded so great. Guess it was the Diamond series and everything was set up optimal.. but I figured.. I just had to check this out on my own.
    So I ordered 3 ALU mainz and the POM speaker cable. It really lifted my system a lot..so I did not regret it one bit

I have then until now, had the NO Tyr interconnect and another Vishnu Power cable for my PSU to my Auraliti streamer.
    So now it is time to get the complete Ansuz cable loom in my system
    I have ordered the ceramic power cord and will use it in front of the mains distributor (QBase4) and then the extra ALU mainz to replace the Vishnu for the PSU/Auraliti.
    Then I ordered the ceramic interconnect to replace the Tyr.

So I am very exited to hear what the ceramic series can offer.

I agree on many of the other views of the Ansuz cables. The sound is pretty much like the Nordost sound. Very transparent, detailed, fast, neutral and I would describe the differences to be mostly a more quiet/black background..lower noise floor. This is not like I have experienced before. Before, when having heard something with a very "black" background.. I find it with a loss of dynamics and also in details. But this is not the case with the Ansuz cables at all. Here I find, that every single detail and microdynamics are delivered to me.
    I find the Ansuz cables, not so much "up front" as the Nordosts..but in no way are they not that dynamic or fast. They have so much "PRAT" and the overall sound are just more musical, fluid and gives more pleasure to enjoy the music without missing anything.

So , I am exited how much more the ceramic series can lift my system.
    Tiny little concern I have is , that I have read that the ceramic has more bass output and I must say, I have all I need right now. Tight, very resolved bottom end right now..but let us see, what they bring even more to me.

Oh, yes.. I also ordered the SparkTC (tesla) , so I will get 1 one this and 1 SparkZ , which I have allready.

I will get back and tell you about my experiences , when I get the cables and they are burned in and ready for rewieving.

Buch

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Buch!

Thank you for joining.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome to AS!

I need to write up my impressions on some Diamond power cords and interconnects I played with last weekend. Not sure how the compare to the Ceramic but my guess is that the Ceramic is the sweet spot in their line. The Diamonds are SOOOO expensive.
    Jock

---------

Welcome to AS, Buch!

Allen

Thanks all

Look like a very nice place here.. I have only visited occasionally before as a guest.. but have now found some very interesting threads here
    Nice

Buch

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Thanks all

Look like a very nice place here.. I have only visited occasionally before as a guest..
    but have now found some very interesting threads here
    Nice

Buch
    Yes it is; we like smooth jazz. ...Hi Buch, I'm Bob.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Audioshark

Thanks all

Look like a very nice place here.. I have only visited occasionally before as a guest.. but have now found some very interesting threads here
    Nice

Buch
    Hi Buch - welcome to Audioshark!

Behavior Moderator (be nice police!)

Welcome Buch !!
    Mark

Kharma DB9 Signature
    Pass Labs XP32......incoming
    Pass Labs X350.8
    Esoteric N-05XD
    VPI Avenger with Magnetic Drive
    Manley Chinook Phono Pre
    Ortofon Cadenza Black cartridge
    Kharma Elegance speaker cables
    Kharma Elegance interconnects
    REL Subs

Hello all Ansuz fans.

I think it is time for this thread to get into 2014

[...]

I will get back and tell you about my experiences , when I get the cables and they are burned in and ready for rewieving.

Buch

Hi Buch, welcome and thanks for dragging us into 2014!

[...] I agree on many of the other views of the Ansuz cables. The sound is pretty much like the Nordost sound. Very transparent, detailed, fast, neutral and I would describe the differences to be mostly a more quiet/black background..lower noise floor. This is not like I have experienced before. Before, when having heard something with a very "black" background.. I find it with a loss of dynamics and also in details. But this is not the case with the Ansuz cables at all. Here I find, that every single detail and microdynamics are delivered to me.
    I find the Ansuz cables, not so much "up front" as the Nordosts..but in no way are they not that dynamic or fast. They have so much "PRAT" and the overall sound are just more musical, fluid and gives more pleasure to enjoy the music without missing anything.

So , I am exited how much more the ceramic series can lift my system.
    Tiny little concern I have is , that I have read that the ceramic has more bass output and I must say, I have all I need right now. Tight, very resolved bottom end right now..but let us see, what they bring even more to me.

Buch

Yes, compared to my Nordost Odin cable, Ansuz is indeed blacker in background and this is a good thing!

Yes, Ansuz C has more bass heft than Ansuz P or Ansuz A. I would not worry about that being over-bearing, it is only unlocking whats on the recording and unlike some other high end cables Ansuz is not injecting bags of artificial warmth. Ansuz delivers deep bass, but is it bass that is highly resolved and not sloooooooow.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team