Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 112
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1143
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

The adjustable Darkz have a centre hole for speaker spikes, but they only have 3 balls and not 6.
    Vitus SIA-025Mk2, SS-025, SCD-025Mk2, Simon Yorks S9, Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron, Omtec Antares, Gauder RC7 Mk2, Oppo BDP-105D tuned by Gert Volk Audio, Aural Symphonics power bar, Copulare Grand Porto, Magnan Signature, Magnan Vi, GŲbel Lacorde Statement, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Shun Mook Mpingo Discs, Shun Mook diamond resonators, ahp Klangmodul 4g fuse module, HMS wall socket, Ansuz Darkz

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I never saw any reason for either adjustable as cable lifter Darkz. Regular Darkz do much better and just fine with cables and under speakers. As you mention these 'special' Darkz only have 1 layer of balls compared to the 2 layers of balls the normal Darkz has. The difference in SQ is very clear!

I run regular Darkz under all kind of equipment including cables! These are the fundament of maximizing the performance of my system.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11"/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz D2/C2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment rests on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

Post Thanks / Like

I tried the same construction with my speakers, Darkz ( old A with new titanium balls)-floor protector-spike. Much better than Harmonix RF-900 Mk2 under the spikes, but sucked all the life out of the speakers. Does not work for me.
    Vitus SIA-025Mk2, SS-025, SCD-025Mk2, Simon Yorks S9, Jan Allaerts MC1 Boron, Omtec Antares, Gauder RC7 Mk2, Oppo BDP-105D tuned by Gert Volk Audio, Aural Symphonics power bar, Copulare Grand Porto, Magnan Signature, Magnan Vi, GŲbel Lacorde Statement, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Shun Mook Mpingo Discs, Shun Mook diamond resonators, ahp Klangmodul 4g fuse module, HMS wall socket, Ansuz Darkz

Post Thanks / Like

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Came home 3-4 night ago from Next Level HiFi in Chicago with the X-TC PowerSwitch to demo. It replaces my trusty Cisco 2960. While I havenít heard the need to search for something else, the PowerSwitch is quite the Ethernet Switch. I mean, I already have a Mainz D2 Power Distribution so what more could this add? After plugging it into my Mainz D2 it was like I added another Mainz to my system. Even with nothing connected to it, the depth, detail and imaging improved imho. Just like the Mainz, will be looking at the A2 and who knows after that. Canít compare with other Ethernet Switches, but if you have an Ansuz Mainz foundation and stream, you gotta try this. Truly amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Likes Mikeoo, kiwi_1282001, octadyndude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    Came home 3-4 night ago from Next Level HiFi in Chicago with the X-TC PowerSwitch to demo. It replaces my trusty Cisco 2960. While I haven’t heard the need to search for something else, the PowerSwitch is quite the Ethernet Switch. I mean, I already have a Mainz D2 Power Distribution so what more could this add? After plugging it into my Mainz D2 it was like I added another Mainz to my system. Even with nothing connected to it, the depth, detail and imaging improved imho. Just like the Mainz, will be looking at the A2 and who knows after that. Can’t compare with other Ethernet Switches, but if you have an Ansuz Mainz foundation and stream, you gotta try this. Truly amazing.

I replaced an audiophile grade AQVox switch with a Ansuz D2 Power Switch recently and I agree, it's like moving up to a better Ansuz Mainz distributor. The AQVox replaced a Cisco switch that a Lumin rep recommended and the AQVox was better.
    I'm using Ansuz X2 and D2 Ethernet cables. Tyler advised me to put the switch on DTC DarkZ's so I've done that. I can't say if that made a difference because I've made so many other changes recently.
    Bud
    Naim SN3 Integrated Amp w/HiCap DR PS - Naim ND555 Streamer/DAC w/555PS - Lumin L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Naim Super Lumina DIN IC - Naim power cables - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cable. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - Ansuz Power Switch - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

7. Likes octadyndude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,

I actually didn't plan to join, but after reading 112 pages of this topic, it only felt fair to join after all.

I wanted to thank to all of you for all of your irrational money spending, because I realised, that sometimes lack of it can be a blessing .

I would be definitely crazy enough to spend a lot more on Ansuz, but it ain't happening in the near future, if ever.

I will be getting a 4m A2 PC next week from my Ansuz (drug) dealer , and replacing P2 from the wall socket to Gigawatt powerstrip. As I actually don't need 4m, I'm thinking of splitting it in two, but I'll think about it.

I'll write my impressions when I try the A2.
    Loudspeakers: Blumenhofer Tempesta 17
    Pre-Amp: BAT VK3i
    Power Amp: Acoustic Invader Icepower 1200AS2
    Source: Euphony Zotac, Keces dc-116 Linear PS, iFi micro iUSB 3.0 with merury/gemini cables, RME ADI-2 dac
    Power: Furutech rodium wall socket, Ansuz A2 4m PC, Gigawatt PF-2 MK2 powerstrip, Ansuz P2 1,5m PC, Father Hi9 PC, Gigawatt LC2 MK3 PC, Ansuz Sparkz TC
    DIY aluminium isolation feets for every device
    Schumann Resonator RR-888

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Accuphase E-650 w/ Dac, Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre, Linear Tube Audio MZ2.

First Watt SIT-1 monos, Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, Cary 300B SE monos, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

10. Likes Filip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    Hi guys,

I actually didn't plan to join, but after reading 112 pages of this topic, it only felt fair to join after all. [...]

Wow. You actually read through 112 pages on this topic? Welcome to the forum Filip.

The way Ansuz cable is constructed does not lend itself to efficaciously splitting lengths.

Look forward to reading your impressions on the 4m Ansuz A2 power cable.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

12. Likes Filip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Wow. You actually read through 112 pages on this topic? Welcome to the forum Filip.

The way Ansuz cable is constructed does not lend itself to efficaciously splitting lengths.

Look forward to reading your impressions on the 4m Ansuz A2 power cable.
    I donít understand what your saying on splitting lengths?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan DíAgostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45ís
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Keces P3 & P8 | Furutech GTX D NSF package | Dedicated 20 amp with Surge Guard | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Glšss

Post Thanks / Like

I posed this over in the Naim forum talking about Ethernet Cables and Switches.

I may have mentioned before that I took possession of the Ansuz X-TC PowerSwitch from my local US Ansuz distributor and dealer (Next Level HiFi) about a week ago. This took the place of my Cisco 2960G switch. Right now Iím using the Supra Cat 8 cables connected to my NDX2 and SuperNait 3. Din5 between the 2 is an Ansuz X Din5 to Din5. Power cord on the PowerSwitch is an Ansuz X 2M 15a. Power foundation is an Ansuz Mainz D2 with a 2M A2 Power cord to the wall.

Initial impressions after installing the X-TC PowerSwitch was the noise floor dropped again. Itís like I added another Mainz to the system. The musicality is so much more after replacing the Cisco with the Ansuz. Iíve heard things in songs I never heard before. Low end detail is a lot tighter and overall image depth has widened and deepened. I really had doubts whether this was gonna make a noticeable difference over the Cisco and yes it did.

BTW, I tried to replace the Supra 8 with two BJC 5ft Cat 6a and afternoon listening for a few days noticed that I lost some high frequency detail so I ended up going back to the Supras until I get some Ansuz Ethernet X leads.

Now maybe I am noticing these changes because I already have an Ansuz foundation. Would be interesting to hear from someone who is not using them as a power foundation. My gut says it will still benefit the system as a whole. Very impressed. Next stop... A2 PowerSwitch. Lord help me...

15. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post

Page 112 of 115 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast