Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 110
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110
Results 1,091 to 1,099 of 1099
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Hi, my system consists of a power amp, dac and media server. What should, technically wise, be the preferred device to plug into the middle socket of the Mainz 8D?

Thanks for your advice!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Pixel 3 XL met Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ansuz recommends an amp or a pre-amp.
    Bud
    Naim SN2 Integrated Amp w/HiCap DR PS - Naim ND555 Streamer/DAC w/555PS - Lumin L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Ansuz D2 DIN IC - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cables. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - AQVOX Network Switch - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

3. Thanks Pablo70 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For years I resisted putting a subwoofer and crossover into my audio system believing the main speakers could provide enough bass without inserting less expensive audio equipment. Well they simply can't - except perhaps a few speakers at the very top end. Except for the Infinity Betas I owned back in the late 1980s I didn't experience visceral bass. And with Raidho emphasis on mids and highs with bass drop off beginning below 80 Hz, the bass wasn't visceral either.

After I finally decided to install a JL Audio F212v2 subwoofer and CR-1 active crossover, I needed more cables. I considered more Nordost Valhalla because I've read from informed sources it's best to stay with a single manufacturer. But I've been a fan of Michael Borresen since 2011 when I first heard the Raidho line of speakers at RMAF. Borresen has a degree in physics, was a designer at Nordost
    , chief designer for Raidho, and designer at other Denmark audio companies such as Scansonic. Borresen and Lars Kristensen started Ansuz Acoustics a few years ago. Borresen designed Ansuz cables and power conditioners/distributors using both physics principles and critical listening. Based on Borresen's experience with Nordost and Raidho I believed the Ansuz cables would have a similar sound - I was right.

I purchased two Ansuz PC's: one to run from the Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) duplex wall receptacle to an Ansuz Mains8 D-TC, and the other from the Mains8 to the EMM Labs XDS1v2 together with a Ansuz C2 XLR IC to connect the XDS1 to the JRDG Corus. I also used Ansuz Darkz DTC resonance controls under the XDS1 and Mains8. That allowed me to free up a set of Nordost Ti Pulsar Points to place under the JL Audio CR-1 (reinforcing the benefit of resonance control).

I've also spent quite a lot of time integrating the subwoofer adjusting the sub phase control around the 80 hz frequency. This not only made Raidho D3s/sub sound as one, but improved both the bass dynamic and resolution of both the bass and D3s. The power, additional resonance control, and sub changes allowed me to hear more of the music. Very subtle finger/bow movements of string instruments, tighter reverberation on drum kits, sound waves off cymbals, the air from brass instruments, and more lifelike 3-dimensional space around instruments and vocalists.

And while I knew power was very important (it's what we hear), this experience tells me I should have greatly prioritized A/C over other cabling far sooner. It's taken me a very long time to get to this point, but with well recorded material I have a full multi-dimensional soundstage allowing me to hear deeply into the music now, with a commensurate emotional improvement.

5. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post
    Likes octadyndude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LenWhite View Post
    For years I resisted putting a subwoofer and crossover into my audio system believing the main speakers could provide enough bass without inserting less expensive audio equipment. Well they simply can't - except perhaps a few speakers at the very top end. Except for the Infinity Betas I owned back in the late 1980s I didn't experience visceral bass. And with Raidho emphasis on mids and highs with bass drop off beginning below 80 Hz, the bass wasn't visceral either.

After I finally decided to install a JL Audio F212v2 subwoofer and CR-1 active crossover, I needed more cables. I considered more Nordost Valhalla because I've read from informed sources it's best to stay with a single manufacturer. But I've been a fan of Michael Borresen since 2011 when I first heard the Raidho line of speakers at RMAF. Borresen has a degree in physics, was a designer at Nordost
    , chief designer for Raidho, and designer at other Denmark audio companies such as Scansonic. Borresen and Lars Kristensen started Ansuz Acoustics a few years ago. Borresen designed Ansuz cables and power conditioners/distributors using both physics principles and critical listening. Based on Borresen's experience with Nordost and Raidho I believed the Ansuz cables would have a similar sound - I was right.

I purchased two Ansuz PC's: one to run from the Furutech GTX-D NCF(R) duplex wall receptacle to an Ansuz Mains8 D-TC, and the other from the Mains8 to the EMM Labs XDS1v2 together with a Ansuz C2 XLR IC to connect the XDS1 to the JRDG Corus. I also used Ansuz Darkz DTC resonance controls under the XDS1 and Mains8. That allowed me to free up a set of Nordost Ti Pulsar Points to place under the JL Audio CR-1 (reinforcing the benefit of resonance control).

I've also spent quite a lot of time integrating the subwoofer adjusting the sub phase control around the 80 hz frequency. This not only made Raidho D3s/sub sound as one, but improved both the bass dynamic and resolution of both the bass and D3s. The power, additional resonance control, and sub changes allowed me to hear more of the music. Very subtle finger/bow movements of string instruments, tighter reverberation on drum kits, sound waves off cymbals, the air from brass instruments, and more lifelike 3-dimensional space around instruments and vocalists.

And while I knew power was very important (it's what we hear), this experience tells me I should have greatly prioritized A/C over other cabling far sooner. It's taken me a very long time to get to this point, but with well recorded material I have a full multi-dimensional soundstage allowing me to hear deeply into the music now, with a commensurate emotional improvement.
    Good for you, sounds like your on a good path, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo70 View Post
    Hi, my system consists of a power amp, dac and media server. What should, technically wise, be the preferred device to plug into the middle socket of the Mainz 8D?

Thanks for your advice!

Where is your pre-amp?

If you pre-amp is integrated with the DAC then that's what i'd initially try at the 'main ground' connection point.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LenWhite View Post

[...]

What a journey Len and happy to read of your satisfaction with the sound. There is no doubt in my mind that Ansuz products can unlock audio system potential. A summit is reached when an emotional bridge connects music to the human psyche.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

9. Likes octadyndude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Where is your pre-amp?

If you pre-amp is integrated with the DAC then that's what i'd initially try at the 'main ground' connection point.
    Hi Kiwi, I am indeed using my dac as a pre-amp and I have it connected to the main ground. My idea is that the dac is the most central point in my (small) system and therefore the shortest grounding path for all devices. But I read that others connect the amplifier to this socket. Perhaps, I thought, there is a good technical reason for that. Haven't tried it myself though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo70 View Post
    Hi Kiwi, I am indeed using my dac as a pre-amp and I have it connected to the main ground. My idea is that the dac is the most central point in my (small) system and therefore the shortest grounding path for all devices. But I read that others connect the amplifier to this socket. Perhaps, I thought, there is a good technical reason for that. Haven't tried it myself though.

I think the idea that your DAC is the central point of your system is correct.

Ansuz generally recommend the pre-amp is connected to the "main ground" of your Ansuz Mainz8-D since other sources are generally connected to that. Doing this will minimize the ground potential between your devices and thus minimize ground current and signal induced fluctuations. By all means experiment though.

Post Thanks / Like

Initially launched at the HIGH END 2019 show in Munich Germany the new Ansuz PowerSwitch had its first public launch on U.S. soil last week at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest - High-end Consumer Audio Show (RMAF 2019).

The Ansuz PowerSwitch which comes in four quality levels (X-TC, A2, D2 and D-TC SUPREME) is a combination of a LAN switch and a PowerBox (also available as a separate Ansuz product) for active Ansuz D2, D-TC and D-TC SUPREME digital cables.

As widely recognized in high-end audio everything matters and the advent and increasing popularity of music streaming has to some extent exchanged convenience (easy access to vast music libraries) for added complexity (more boxes and cables) and with it unfortunately a degradation of sound quality. Common switches / bridges by the likes of Linksys, Netgear and Cisco are ok but they are not optimized with HiFi audio in mind and the PowerSwitch is an attempt by Ansuz to remedy this.

Photo: Ansuz Acoustics PowerSwitch – An Ethernet switch and active digital cable powerbox conceived and constructed with high end audio usage in mind. Ansuz, Aavik and Borresen Acoustics is fascinated with on-going research in how our environment (RFI/EMI/vibrations etc.) can degrade audio. With high-end audio everything matters and "everything" includes your LAN switch, its PSU, its resonance controls and more, much more.

A question was raised in the Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers thread (Borresen speakers are a sister company to Ansuz Acoustics) https://www.audioshark.org/borresen-...58-page10.html as to why Ansuz included a PowerBox with the LAN?

To understand the reason for this one needs to understand the PowerBox function. Certain models of Ansuz cable (D2, DT-C and SUPREME) use tesla coil and dither technologies in order to reduce noise and make for a blacker background against which to enjoy music. Power (low voltage) is needed to activate these technologies and this voltage is carried by thin conductors terminated each end with minijacks. One end plugs into the Ansuz PowerBox, the other into the oval cable housing.

Since the Ansuz PowerSwitch is likely to be positioned close to the broadband access point / cable modem of your home, which in turn connects to a router, Ansuz wanted to ensure that Ethernet cables used in the vicinity could also enjoy the benefit of active noise reduction technologies.

Photo: The Ansuz Power Switch LAN. Ansuz believe that if you subtract noise the quality of your streamed audio will improve. The cable access and router points of a typical home are a high noise (RFI/EMI/airborne and internal micro vibration) environment and Ansuz’s plan to address this includes employing active noise reduction technologies in not just the LAN switch but also the attached Ethernet cables.

Page 110 of 110 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 105 106 107 108 109 110