Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 107
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 102 103 104 105 106 107
Results 1,061 to 1,067 of 1067
    Post Thanks / Like

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Who has had the opportunity to perform direct comparisons between Norton Valhalla2 or Odin2 with the higher end Ansuz cables/power cords, and what have been your results?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockport Lyra speakers; VAC Statement 450 iQ mono amps; Kondo Kagura monos; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; Kondo M1000 MkII pre with internal phono; Robert Koda K15 EX pre; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Sound Galleries EVO Music Server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Echole Omnia LE ICs, speaker cables and power cords; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Nordost and Ansuz cables are very different IMO, Nordost uses "exotic" conductor materials, where Ansuz uses the same copper throughout their range (as far as I know) but is paying more attention to mechanical isolation of the cables.

I have a few Ansuz cables, the powercords give the best results in my set up, especially after adding a Mainz 8 D2 distribution block. (star earthing, together with the large earth wiring in their power cables make my system very quiet)
    Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
    Nordost and Ansuz cables are very different IMO, Nordost uses "exotic" conductor materials, where Ansuz uses the same copper throughout their range (as far as I know) but is paying more attention to mechanical isolation of the cables.

I have a few Ansuz cables, the powercords give the best results in my set up, especially after adding a Mainz 8 D2 distribution block. (star earthing, together with the large earth wiring in their power cables make my system very quiet)
    Soundwise, you also find them very different?

Sendt fra min G8441 med Tapatalk
    Buch

"If there's no music up in heaven, then what's it for?" (Arcade Fire)

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest difference I hear between Ansuz and Nordost is not in tonality but in the 'openness' of the sound with better separation in voices and instruments. The vocals to me sound more lifelike with more micro detail. The focus is also more precise. I'm talking interconnects and speaker cables here. That's something you may not hear right away if swapping those cables by listening to 1 track and swapping back.

As far as power cords the difference I hear is a much blacker background so similar to the interconnects and speaker cables but also found with moving up the power cord line I can play louder before the speaker drivers 'pop'. That I found back when I had Raidho's. What really amazed me is when going to the D-TC supreme cable is the music played about 50% louder without changing the volume even at low levels. So I thought maybe it was a heavier gauge cord so I put in 10 and 8 gauge power cords. Nope that wasn't it. I never tried to push the max volume to hear if it played even louder before 'popping'. Loud is rare for me so it really wasn't that important.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

Ansuz Cables & Accessories

From my experience the Ansuz C2 power cables and interconnects are great for amps and distribution.

In my system, I have worked a C2 power cable into the systems heart; the PreAmp and interconnects to the DAC - they do play in the Odin league offering more of the sound quality attributes mentioned in these posts in a smoothness type of way. I have 1 C2 power cable sitting on the sidelines.

Ansuz approaches grounding different than Nordost, and in a more simpler manner using only distribution and the power cables themselves. To bring the most out, I would highly recommended the Ansuz Mainz Distribution. Conversely, the Nordost QRT system approach uses three models of QKore; 1,3 & 6 to address parallel grounding. I run the 6 which has 6 parallel grounding ports, meaning another box and more cables although $350.00 grounding cables and not $5K on up power cables, but however you slice it the $’s adds up and cable management is hard enough as it is without more.

One thing I found it was too much when I put a C2 in my Transport and then separately powering my LPS that supports a modem and router on a separate circuit, too much meaning it sounded digital and unnatural to the recording, kinda like steroids do to bodybuilders, but it’s all to you liking and not mine.

With so many variables, there’s the only golden rule of try it, listen and see if it works - both offer high levels of performance like the German automakers branding of AMG versus M series.

Hope this helps in some way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3 & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for the Gigafoil v4, modem, routers and switches.
    Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
    Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
    Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII

6. Likes kiwi_1282001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buch73 View Post
    Soundwise, you also find them very different?

Sendt fra min G8441 med Tapatalk

The Nordost cables sounded a bit leaner, the Ansuz power cables sound very coherent in my system.
    (have to say that I have only tried the Tyr 2, not the Valhalla or Odin lines)
    Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Post Thanks / Like

The Nordost cables sounded a bit leaner, the Ansuz power cables sound very coherent in my system.
    (have to say that I have only tried the Tyr 2, not the Valhalla or Odin lines)
    Thanks for clearing up that you hadn’t heard the Valhalla or Odin.

Comparison to Odin2 or Valhalla2 would be most welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rockport Lyra speakers; VAC Statement 450 iQ mono amps; Kondo Kagura monos; four box CH Precision L1/X1 pre/power supply monos; CH precision P1/X1 phono/power supply; Kondo M1000 MkII pre with internal phono; Robert Koda K15 EX pre; Pacific Microsonics Model 2 DAC; TotalDac d1-12 MkII DAC; Kodo The Beat Turnatable with LT Schroder magnesium tonearm and Lyra Atlas cart; Sound Galleries EVO Music Server; Kalista Dreamplayer CD Transport; Echole Omnia LE ICs, speaker cables and power cords; 512 Engineering/Tim Marutani Balanced Transformers (30 amp for sources; 50 amp for amps); Rives designed dedicated room.

Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 102 103 104 105 106 107