Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1067
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

Found another foto on the web, that shows a gap:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Diasoft,

I own this distributor and yes my unit also has a small gap between the lid and the body. I assume this to be purposed by design, possibly to ensure that sound waves hitting the external shell don't find their way or are somewhat isolated to the electrical circuits inside the casing.

I've not noticed any vibration of the outer U-section shell. Have you? Its quite solid but can move a bit when pressure is applied.
    Borresen Acoustics ApS Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

When you watch my video you can hear the toc sound, when I hit on top. The black upper lid an the grey body with the sockets inside collide. They are not attached to each other.

Post Thanks / Like

When I mentioned not noticing vibration to the outer shell I mean't when its in ordinary use - rather than when you tap it. If you tap it yes the two sections collide. Did you buy your unit new or get it second hand?
    Borresen Acoustics ApS Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought it used, but from a professional second hand dealer. I am allready in contact with him. I will try to contact ansuz on monday. But here are dozens of Mainz power Distributor users on the Forum. Should be easy to determine whether this is normal or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had that model for about 2 years now but I sent a message (and link to your video) to a friend who I think still has his. I'll let you know when he answers. I'll ask my local dealer if he has any of that model left from trade ins too.
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

7. Likes kiwi_1282001 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Diasoft View Post
    I bought it used, but from a professional second hand dealer. I am allready in contact with him. I will try to contact ansuz on monday. But here are dozens of Mainz power Distributor users on the Forum. Should be easy to determine whether this is normal or not.
    Yeah, this seems normal here as well. Only the bottom is held in with the 4 screws and the module itself just slides right into the U-shape chassis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deafenears View Post
    Yeah, this seems normal here as well. Only the bottom is held in with the 4 screws and the module itself just slides right into the U-shape chassis.
    +1. I don't think there is any issue here but for the avoidance of doubt the OP can always take the product to an authorised Ansuz dealer and ask them to inspect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    I haven't had that model for about 2 years now but I sent a message (and link to your video) to a friend who I think still has his. I'll let you know when he answers. I'll ask my local dealer if he has any of that model left from trade ins too.
    My friend just got back to me and this is what he wrote
    Yes, still have the Mainz D8 and it's all fine. No loose corners or anything like that. The OP might have dropped it or something wrong with the shipping of it
    George

Aavik U300 - Borresen 03 with optional Supreme D-TC feet - Naim unitiserve 2tb - Ansuz DTC digital cable with power box - Ansuz Mainz8 D-TC with 1 Ansuz Supreme D-TC and 1 Ceramic V2 power cords - Ansuz Ceramic V2 speaker cables - Ansus X Ethernet - pARTicular Novus full suspension rack.

Post Thanks / Like

The problem is solved, there is none. Ansuz wrote:"The wooden cabinet on our Mainz8 Diamond is only attached to the steelchassis in the bottom through the four Darkz Feet grounding points. So, it'sonly intended that there’s a small gap between the back panel and the top ofthe cabinet. All vibrations are lead directly into the grounding Points"
    After all it is an academic question, the new casing is different.
    Thank you everyone for your help,
    Dirk

-
    Gauder Akustik RC 7 Mk2 Diamond / HGPFuga ST / Infinity 9.2i / Infinity 9a
    Vitus Audio SIA-025 Mk2+Vitus SS-025 / ASR Emitter II HD Akku / Cambridge EdgeA+W
    Vitus Audio SCD-025 Mk2 / Oppo 105 tuned by Gert Volk Audio / Simon Yorke S9 /Amazon1 + SME V
    Omtec Antares Phono Pre
    Magnan, GŲbel, Acoustic Zen + Aural Symphonics Cable
    Shun Mook Diamond Resonators, Stillpoints Ultra SS
    Ansuz Mainz 8D, Mainz A

Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 LastLast