Ansuz Cables & Accessories - Page 102
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1180
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ansuz Cables & Accessories

I'm selling a DTC PC and a DTC Mainz8 on Audiogon. Prices are lower than tor the corresponding D2 versions.
    I also have one DTC USB and three DTC Digitalz's to sell.
    Everything is 9 or 10. New leather bags for the cables.

My LFD amp has been sold but I have an LFD DAC left and it's better than anything else at that price.
    Bud
    Naim SN3 Integrated Amp w/HiCap DR PS - Naim ND555 Streamer/DAC w/555PS - Lumin L1 Library module - Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary Speakers - Skylan speaker stands - Quadraspire SVT Equipment Stand - Naim Super Lumina Speaker Cables - Naim Super Lumina DIN IC - Naim power cables - Ansuz Mainz A2 power distributor - Ansuz C2 Power Cable. - Ansuz Ethernet Cables - Ansuz Power Switch - Nordost Heimdall 2 Headphone Cables - Sennheiser HD-800S and Audeze LCD 4 headphones

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by octadyndude View Post
    Then personally again I think the Mainz A2 would be a pretty big step up from the D8.
    Here's a table made up based both on information from this thread and via an e-mail exchange with Ansuz support. Hopefully helpful to future travellers:

X 1 Sparkz
    X-TC 1 Sparkz 4 Sparkz TC
    A 6 Sparkz
    D 6 Sparkz 12 Sparkz TC
    A2 8 Sparkz TC+
    C2 6 Sparkz TC+ 2 Sparkz D-TC
    D2 9 Sparkz D-TC
    D-TC 48 Sparkz TC+ 9 Sparkz D-TC+ Resonance Control

Don't know about the supreme though heh.

3. Likes jnelson2000, Buch73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VoicesInMyHead View Post
    Positioning on the front with sockets facing upwards!?! You need to buy into the marketing and buzzwords from Ansuz and start treating your gorgeous power distributor with some respect and love... Also, it's alot of money for power, it takes time to get used to the idea, but the Mainz8 is really the heart of your system. It will make your other components show what they are capable of. I regret settling for the C2 myself as I'm now longing for a D2, but you always need to draw the line somewhere.
    Yeah. Both are hidden away, especially from a little 3 year old who's curious and thinks he can tweak my gear to make it sound better.

The boxy shape of the X-TC and the older Mainz8s fits perfectly for my use case and budget. Like you say, need to draw the line somewhere, and I'd rather spend that kind of $$$ on better transducers - Vivid Giyas, BÝrresens, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forum! For me they do no good at all as they kill the dynamics in my system. Actually they have the same effect at my dealer setup. I tried at several occasions and effect has been constant negative thru upgrades. Today I run Mainz8DTC.

Mike
    Main system: Aavik Acoustics U-300, Kuzma Stabi R + Kuzma 4P11"/Kondo silver + Soundsmith Sussurro II, Naim streamer + Teddy Pardo psu, Sonus Faber Stradivari 35 Anniversary, full cable loom Ansuz Acoustics, D on signal side, Mainz D2/C2 + Mainz8 D-TC power distributor. All individual equipment rests on Ansuz Acoustics Darkz DTC. Dedicated mains supply (Audience Conductor) with Klangmodule fuse system and Furutech receptacles. Other systems: Collection of Sonus Faber classics (Franco S design), tube gear and transistor designs, CD-transports and players, turntables and collection of cables

6. Thanks kiwi_1282001 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeoo View Post
    Hi and welcome to the forum! For me they do no good at all as they kill the dynamics in my system. Actually they have the same effect at my dealer setup. I tried at several occasions and effect has been constant negative thru upgrades. Today I run Mainz8DTC.
    Thanks! That is interesting. Especially given that the Sparkz's are in the Mainz8s and yet dynamics aren't killed with them all plugged into the Mainz8 D-TC? Or perhaps that's the advancements in the Sparkz TC+/D-TC+. That is with everything plugged into the Mainz8DTC right? Or do you only have your source components plugged into that with the amp(s) plugged directly into the wall?

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Guys,

I own a Mainz8-D and a newer Mainz8 D2.

I’ve always (please see my earlier posts) recommended moderation in the use of additional Sparkz. While the manufacturer may recommend otherwise i.e. the more the merrier, my experience has been similar to Mikeoo.

After lots of experimenting across different system variations I’ve owned I found the best place for additional Sparkz – especially the Sparkz TC – was at the wall socket (assuming you have a double socket) or first port on the distribution unit, the one closest to the power inlet, though less effective than the former (IMHO).

If you are running dedicated power lines to your system, which I highly recommend if you can, then another awesome location for Sparkz TC is at the main switchboard, assuming there is a mains socket there. Further, if your music server is in a different location or on a different power circuit to your main system then placing a Sparkz TC in a parallel wall socket feeding the server, WiFi device, router etc. is also recommended in my experience.

I do agree with others that it is best to upgrade the Mainz8 unit rather than invest in lots of Sparkz in an attempt to upgrade a lower quality level Mainz8.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

9. Likes deafenears liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are pics online of the internals of the D-TC, here's pics for the D:

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi_1282001 View Post
    Hello Guys,

I own a Mainz8-D and a newer Mainz8 D2.

Iíve always (please see my earlier posts) recommended moderation in the use of additional Sparkz. While the manufacturer may recommend otherwise i.e. the more the merrier, my experience has been similar to Mikeoo.

After lots of experimenting across different system variations Iíve owned I found the best place for additional Sparkz Ė especially the Sparkz TC Ė was at the wall socket (assuming you have a double socket) or first port on the distribution unit, the one closest to the power inlet, though less effective than the former (IMHO).

If you are running dedicated power lines to your system, which I highly recommend if you can, then another awesome location for Sparkz TC is at the main switchboard, assuming there is a mains socket there. Further, if your music server is in a different location or on a different power circuit to your main system then placing a Sparkz TC in a parallel wall socket feeding the server, WiFi device, router etc. is also recommended in my experience.

I do agree with others that it is best to upgrade the Mainz8 unit rather than invest in lots of Sparkz in an attempt to upgrade a lower quality level Mainz8.
    Thatís interesting. When I asked Michael and Lars the same question I was told to upgrade to the D2 from the C2 (obviously). But if I didnít to put both in the Mainz. I asked about the outlet and both said mainz is better. I have a C2 with 2 External TCs which I got for 75% off so it was a no risk situation. Right now I have both plugged into the Mainz C2. I might do like you and try a few different scenarios. Can always go back if needed.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Also, internal pictures of the Mainz X-TC:

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
    That’s interesting. When I asked Michael and Lars the same question I was told to upgrade to the D2 from the C2 (obviously). But if I didn’t to put both in the Mainz. I asked about the outlet and both said mainz is better. I have a C2 with 2 External TCs which I got for 75% off so it was a no risk situation. Right now I have both plugged into the Mainz C2. I might do like you and try a few different scenarios. Can always go back if needed.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for sharing that.

Nothing beats trying these things for yourself (in your own system) and arriving at your own conclusions. I don’t agree with Lars and Michael on everything. The bottom line is the Mainz8 is already internally fitted with a multitude of Sparkz harmonizer / Tesla Coil technology. Sparkz has the ‘potential’ to be effective anywhere in the same main group electrical circuit. This obviously includes the wall socket serving your system where pins are connected in parallel and even further downstream if accessible.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2 52 92 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 112 ... LastLast