Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston mini t speaker - Skeptical

April 2013

Blown Away by Bryston Mini T's

I heard the Bryston Mini T's today. I was skeptical of the reviews I have read of late of their performance. I take most reviews with a grain of salt anyways.

bry-3way-01.jpg

After listening for two hours plus I was blown away.

They seem to handle every genre of music with ease. The scary thing was the pair I was listening to weren't even broke in.

I associate bookshelf speakers with weak bass but great detail. These actually had bass. If you get a chance go audition them.

You'll be very surprised by these speakers.

Burhoe
    AK Member

Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 7:24 PM
    To: James Tanner
    Subject: Model T

Hi James,

I was unpacking my new Model T speakers and got called into work, so I only had chance to play a couple of CD's, however I am really impressed, I think Mark Knopfler is in my basement : ) this is with my cheapo \ temporary speaker cable.

You must be thrilled with the feedback they are receiving, particularly being your first speaker!

Regards
    Paul

SUBJECT: Montreal Audio Show – Enjoy the Music Comments

Bryston had sent out a press release and renewed my interest in the speakers they introduced at the TAVES show in Toronto last September. I was really looking forward to spending more time with them in Montreal. As I descended the elevator to the larger rooms on the lower level I caught a glimpse of James Tanner out of the corner of my bad eye. I turned left toward the rooms I had known from previous years. Guess I've become a creature of habit, thought the people at Bryston will probably think of me as just a creature. Upon return home, Tom mentioned that it was his favorite room at the show, so I asked him to write a paragraph for me. He gets to hear most everything I review so I know from our conversations he has a good ear. He wrote:

“Bryston was featuring their new Model T Signature floor-standing speaker, part of a new line of Model T speakers. The standard Model T and the stand-mount Mini T were on silent display. The Model T Signature differs from the standard model by having the crossovers external to the speaker cabinet. The crossovers were in small boxes on the floor behind the speakers, and contain upgraded parts. The Model T Signatures cost $7500 with a vinyl wrapped finish, with wood veneer available for an extra $1000. The speakers were driven by a pair of Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, which are rated at 1000W per channel.

This system sounded exceptionally transparent and uncolored. The speakers seem to provide high value for the price.

Bryston was also demonstrating their BHA-1 headphone amplifier, which can drive balanced or unbalanced headphones. I tried this amp with my Denon AH-D5000 headphones, and it seemed to provide exceptionally deep and well-controlled bass.”

Tom Lathrop
    Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; April 23, 2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post
    SUBJECT: Montreal Audio Show – Enjoy the Music Comments

Bryston had sent out a press release and renewed my interest in the speakers they introduced at the TAVES show in Toronto last September. I was really looking forward to spending more time with them in Montreal. As I descended the elevator to the larger rooms on the lower level I caught a glimpse of James Tanner out of the corner of my bad eye. I turned left toward the rooms I had known from previous years. Guess I've become a creature of habit, thought the people at Bryston will probably think of me as just a creature. Upon return home, Tom mentioned that it was his favorite room at the show, so I asked him to write a paragraph for me. He gets to hear most everything I review so I know from our conversations he has a good ear. He wrote:

“Bryston was featuring their new Model T Signature floor-standing speaker, part of a new line of Model T speakers. The standard Model T and the stand-mount Mini T were on silent display. The Model T Signature differs from the standard model by having the crossovers external to the speaker cabinet. The crossovers were in small boxes on the floor behind the speakers, and contain upgraded parts. The Model T Signatures cost $7500 with a vinyl wrapped finish, with wood veneer available for an extra $1000. The speakers were driven by a pair of Bryston 28B SST2 monoblocks, which are rated at 1000W per channel.

This system sounded exceptionally transparent and uncolored. The speakers seem to provide high value for the price.

Bryston was also demonstrating their BHA-1 headphone amplifier, which can drive balanced or unbalanced headphones. I tried this amp with my Denon AH-D5000 headphones, and it seemed to provide exceptionally deep and well-controlled bass.”

Tom Lathrop
    Welcome.jpg - - - James Tanner - Bryston
    André - - - Keep it simple system
    Amp = Chord CPM-2600
    Source = Chord One
    Speakers = Acoustat 1+1s highly modified
    Life without Acoustat is possible BUT senseless.

mini t comments

av2day.com » Blog Archive » Bryston Model T Mini speakers are in town too

- - - Updated - - -

SUBJECT: Audio One Canada Day – Middle T Demo

Hi James:

“I was at the Audio One Middle T demo last night! I don't post very often but this morning I am compelled to do so. This is Sam (you called me Joe a few times but that's OK!) - it was pleasure meeting you again last night.

"Sounded Superb" is bang on. I was really floored by these gems. Absolutely smooth as silk with a bass bottom to die for, the voices were sounding like the artists were in the room, and a smooth and clear top end and midrange.

Capture.JPG

A very well know brand of speakers that retail for $20,000 were in the next room, and these at one quarter the price were better - hands down! I didn't get a chance to hear the big brother Model T but I can imagine that they would be incredible.

And while I am writing....

For those of you who have never met James, what a real gentleman! He took the time to talk "audio" with me for about half an hour and I got a chance to understand the Bryston philosophy. This is a company that builds products to the best that technology offers and then sets a fair price to make a fair profit. This is unlike many other companies that sell inferior products at insane prices to cater to the "Audio Jewelry" crowd. If James and his engineers could build a better sounding product, they would.

The R&D that went into the speakers took 2 years of effort to develop custom drivers and cabinets and the results are sublime.

I came away realizing that I will never be sorry buying a Bryston product! The products are built with passion and HONESTY and I know that this company will stand behind it for a lifetime.

Congrats James!”

Sam

- - - Updated - - -

‘Mini T’ as a Best of Salon Son & Image 2013.

http://www.soundstagehifi.com/index.php/opinion/563

james
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; April 25, 2013 at 01:11 PM.

Re: Bryston speakers

Hi Folks,

Starting to get some dealer feedback on the new Bryston “MIDDLE T” speaker we just introduced:

Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2013 5:15 PM
    Subject: Re:

Hi James

The MIDDLE-T I think will be a big seller, they sound fantastic!

Mark Jones
    Whitby Audio Vide
    o

Super Moderator

Congratulations James.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

BRYSTON MIDDLE T DEALER FEEDBACK

Sent: May-03
    To: Bryston: James Tanner
    Subject: Middle T

Hi James,

I just received my Middle Ts.

I am extremely impressed with their performance!

They have huge bass and power handling- to go along with excellent clarity without being bright.

I think you've completed the HAT TRICK now with Model T, Mini T and Middle T.

Congrats and THANKS - for doing such a fine job with your speaker family!

Dave
    Audio Emporium

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Have a great weekend James, and stay out of trouble.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Hi Folks,

Please see that link below – it is the Bryston Model T loudspeaker UPDATED brochure – it now includes info on the ACTIVE version of the Model T as well as the dedicated AX-1 Electronic Crossover.

ftp://ftp.bryston.com/pub/brochures/...T_Brochure.pdf

James

Hi Folks,

Please see that link below – it is the Bryston Model T loudspeaker UPDATED brochure – it now includes info on the ACTIVE version of the Model T as well as the dedicated AX-1 Electronic Crossover.

ftp://ftp.bryston.com/pub/brochures/...T_Brochure.pdf

James
    Thanks James!!
    Dewey,

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

DEALER FEEDBACK Bryston Model T Speaker:

Friggen great....... love the model T

AP
    Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; May 8, 2013 at 05:06 PM.

Super Moderator

DEALER FEEDBACK Bryston Model T Speaker:

Friggen great....... love the model T

AP
    Short and sweet.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

SUBJECT: Dealer Comment – Bryston Speakers
    DATE: May 2013
    DEALER COMMENT – Smiths Custom Audio

Hi James

My god after teasing myself with the mini t and then having the crap kicked out of me by its BIG BROTHER Model T aka the ‘BIG T’…

I have finally given the Middle T a good listen and what a GREAT SPEAKER!

Can't say anything but WOW what a great speaker line up and the VALUE of all these speakers is absolutely superb...

Thanks James, and the whole Bryston Team you have made dreams come true once again.

Smith’s Custom Audio
    Lethbridge, Alberta

P.S. - Take one pair of Model T's and some Bryston Power one Music Player and turn up Michael Jackson's "DIRTY DIANA" it has never sounded like this…. my pants were shaking …… AMAZING!

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Signature Speakers – WOOD ONLY

Hi Folks:

IMPORTANT:

Please be advised that going forward the Bryston Model T ‘Signature’ Speakers will only be available in real WOOD finishes (no vinyl)

The ‘Passive’ version of the Model T will continue to be available in both Vinyl or Wood finishes.

We still have a few Vinyl Signature series units available so please let me know if you have any interest in these last few.

Regards,
    James Tanner
    Bryston Ltd.

Nice measurements, most notably, very impressive off axis response.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

2 Channel: Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE, Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2, Manley Mahi Monoblocks, DIY SEOS Waveguide/Dipole Bass Towers
    HT: Marantz AV7005, Wyred 4 MMC5, DIY SEOS Towers, DIY 7CF Sealed 18" Subs
    PC: Wyred 4 Sound mINT, KEF Q100, Hifiman HE-6

New Bryston mini t speaker review on the way - excerpt:

“Over the weeks that I spent with the Mini T’s, I did not find a single track or musical category that did not sound absolutely right.

During this review, these speakers continued to sound better and better!

Nice beginning, Bryston.”

Hi Folks – as promised another terrific review of the Bryston ‘mini t’ loudspeaker!!!!

Bryston Mini T Speakers Review

James

SUBJECT: Customer Feedback - Bryston Model T Speakers

May 2013

Music Provides Joy

"Hi James

I just heard your Model T speakers at the Bryston dealer local to me - Audio Emporium near Milwaukee, WI.

They sounded really dynamic and did a great job recreating a big symphonic piece the dealer had queued-up.

Very "fast" speakers with a full low end.

I suspect these will only continue to grow in popularity as more people hear their sound.

Fantastic value!

Congrats and cheers."

Karl

DEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Customer Feedback - Bryston Model T Passive Speakers

Sent: Sunday, May 26 2013

“Good morning James,

Just a few observations from the first few hours with the Bryston Model T speakers. I haven’t had nearly enough time with them but in my experience what we perceive in the first little while dosen’t tend to change too much. For sure James they really are quite unlike anything I have owned.

Firstly, these are very warm and musical speakers in the best possible way whilst they reflect all that is happening in a recording they do not do it in a cold or clinical way this is far preferable over “audiophile” speakers and the recent trend to tilt the treble up in an etched manner. The bass is indeed well extended and “quick” transients are preserved and well served. I have measured useful response down to 20hz, indeed these are full range speakers. The highs at first caused me some puzzlement I was not sure I was getting the full measure of the treble. This was put to rest while listening to some of my reference classical pieces. High frequency instruments such as bells were placed PROPERLY in the soundstage while other speakers tended to push them forward. While I do not think this is the most refined tweeter, most apparent on rock recording and cymbals, I believe it is a perfect match for these speakers and their overall coherence which is about as good as it gets in dynamic speakers. In terms of dynamic range one of your stated goals was to limit compression and I think this goal has been met. No speaker has unlimited dynamics as we know but the Model T is certainly in the top tier of this parameter indeed full range symphony recordings are superbly reproduced this is a great speaker for fans of Mahler’s somewhat overwrought symphonies. Susskind’s reading of Jupiter from Holst’s Planets (listening in DSD) is a true joy to listen to on these speakers.

The sound-staging is a revelation in this size speaker and price point. Depth is rendered in a wonderful manner and the layering within that depth is appropriate, well sized and accurate. This is a true revelation as other speakers the equal of these are at a much higher price point sometime 3 to 4 times as much. What you have achieved, re your design goals, will be a game changer James. As these become better known there will be a lot of sleepless nights for speaker designers and marketing departments in those other companies. Kudos to you sir.

To sum up these are superb transducers that punch well above their rather silly cheap price point. These speakers have the potential to truly shake up the high end industry and THAT is something that is long overdue.”
    Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; May 26, 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 9:25 PM
    Subject: Re: Passive/active demo

Hi James,

Thanks for the Passive vs Active demo of the Model T speaker.

Again like I said the demo proved how insanely good the passive Model T's are. They are the best speaker in the world for the money period.

The active version was more transparent. I felt I could walk between, reach out, and touch the musicians. The bass was deeper, tighter, and more controlled.

Both passive and active image like crazy. So not much diff there.

The positive attributes of the active system came with perhaps a small compromise, a less user-friendly tonal balance for nasty recordings. But hey, aren't audiophiles gonna buy these things, that's always been part of the package if you want the ultimate in performance.

Maybe by offering the user a bad recording (or customizable) switch on the front panel of the x-over would give the user the best of both worlds.

Mark Jones
    Whitby Audio Video

Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013
    To: jamestanner@bryston.com

Hi there,

I continue to be astounded by the performance of the Model T, even in my sub-par configuration.

Having passed the "get them working as quickly as possible" stage, I'm starting to make adjustments.

Thanks again for all of your efforts in helping me personally, and in developing the Model T in general! Much appreciated!

Dan

Hi James

Dear God these just keep getting better, better I tells ya!

With about 50 more hours on the Model T speakers the midrange has gained transparency they now have that " in the room quality" that great speakers have. I don't think quite to the quality of the Salon2s or Avalon ISIS but those speakers while having extremely revealing mids also lack a bit of the warmth that live music has, the Model T has this "live music quality".

The Revel Salon2 have a very clinical sound that may measure well but strips music of emotion. This makes the Bryston a more involving speaker that will serve the person who actually attends live acoustic concerts more than audiophiles who favour an etched musical quality that doesn't exist in reality.
    Comparing the Bryston to a three times more expensive speaker may strike one as odd but the Revel is a known quantity for many people and frankly the minimum standard that one should be comparing the Model T to.

At first the highs seemed to almost be shelved especially noticeable in cymbals and the bells however the highs are much more apparent now and while it's not the most refined tweeter, I prefer the ISOTAR and the KEF co-ax driver used in the Blade and LS50, it's a very good tweeter and matches perfectly with this speaker. The leading edge seems to be slightly favoured over the decay of cymbals.

The soundstaging is superb our room is 22x16x10 and I can get almost wall to wall, floor to ceiling soundstaging on certain tracks. The oddest thing is for speakers this large nothing really seems pinned to the speakers but seems to emanate from a 3 dimensional space.

Bass has changed the least I am getting 20Hz about -6dB down which gives the proper underpinning for almost any music, on some organ music the last octave is somewhat diminished but this is really inconsequential as these speakers are truly full range.Bass is quick, extended and well defined.

Lastly, low level detail is quite good, one of my tests is Al Stewart's "Flying Sorcery" which has a punch-in on the second verse that is not always apparent on speakers and it's quite obvious on these. In the same cut there's a very soft keyboard wash in the second verse that many speakers tend to slight and again it's reproduced here at the proper level.

The Brystons have a coherence and rightness about them that is very rare in highly resolving speakers. Highly recommended and a must audition in their price range and much higher.

System Amps: Pass Labs X250.5 and Conrad Johnson CA-200 Integrated Amplifier, Preamp: VTL 5.5, DAC: Mytek Stereo192-DSD DAC, Cables: Various Kimber and Cardas.

Nick

Hi Folks,

Please see below link for a new review on the Bryston Model T speaker In Soundstage Magazine. It is encouraging to see a magazine review that includes extensive objective measurements to go along with the reviewers subjective opinion.

SoundStage! Hi-Fi | SoundStageHiFi.com | Bryston Model T Loudspeakers

Please pay special attention to this link below showing the superb anechoic measurements of the Model T taken at the NRC in Ottawa.

SoundStageNetwork.com | SoundStage.com | NRC Measurements: Bryston Model T Loudspeakers

Soundstage tells me these are excellent measurements at any price point but at Bryston price points they are exceptional! The reviewer also told me that the Model T measured better (flatter) than any other speaker he has tested in his listening room.

Regards,
    James

Customer Feedback - Model T

Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2013
    Subject: Re: Model T

Hi James

"Dude! Listening to Bill Berry and His Ellington All-Stars: For Duke [M&K Realtime Records] with peaks above 105dB on my Model T’s …. not a word of a lie the BAND is here with us.

A transcendent experience from one the Hi Fi salon regulars from the 70s"

Hi There

Yes I do not think people realize how much dynamic compression their speakers have until you listen to something like the Model T.... which does not!!!

James

Hi Fi Reviews

Bryston Model T: Can't Get Enough Of It

The more I listen to it, the more I am falling in love with the Bryston Model T speakers.

A bunch of hifi enthusiasts were invited to this event today words like excellent separation, balanced and superb sounding are just some of the praises coming out from the audience.

Songs after songs and people just wanted more.

Great atmosphere, great people, great music, great speakers...

Now need to find time to demo that Mini Model T....

Video version of the Making of a Bryston Model T Loudspeaker.

Model T Creation - YouTube

james

Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 11:16 PM

BRYSTON MODEL T SPEAKER REPORT

James, I just don’t know what else to say about my Model T’s !!!!

They are simply so natural sounding that I am frequently caught looking around the room/house to see who made the noise. I can’t just “tune-out” from a T.V. show or movie anymore because I can’t tell what’s part of the sound-track and what’s actually in the house.

Very surreal at times. :-)

Dan

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers June 2013
    SUBJECT: Bryston Speakers - Dealer Feedback

Hi Folks – Q & A – Bryston Loudspeakers

QUESTION: “James do you have the info on which dealers in the South USA have the Bryston speakers....? ”

Mav

ANSWER:

“I am a dealer located in the South. I am located in Mobile, AL if anyone would like to contact me to give a listen to the Bryston Mini Ts send a message me a pm or contact me at sales@engulfaudio.com...they are simply astounding!

The full sound, super wide sound stage, depth and clarity that you have to hear to believe. From Arman van Buuran, to Diana Krall, to ZZ Top, it handles any genre. Effortless, musical, eager to perform.

Now that you've heard my personal opinion, please contact me and I will gladly share what my ears have discovered. I'm sure you will agree once you hear them. I couldn't stop smiling. Oh, BTW, they look great too!”

ENGULFAUDIO - Bryston Dealer
    Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; June 11, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

The Model T is every bit as good (and then some) as you've read but the one that really gets my amps hot is the Middle T but I'll be damned if I can find a place with in a 100km to hear it.

The other two are so good I'm hoping the Middle T doesn't become an orphan.

Dave Herman

To: Jamestanner@bryston.ca
    Subject: Bryston Mini T speakers

Hi James

Ashley of Smith’s Audio in Lethbridge thought you would appreciate my impressions of my recently purchased Bryston Mini T speaker.

The Mini T has lots of bass. It should be a big hit with young buyers and as well with geezers like me. In general terms I think the Mini T sounds good and so does my wife who has described it as smooth and beautiful sounding. It sounds good to me too. It has a room filling sound that does a good job of mimicking a live performance in a good way. They really rock at higher than usual volumes. Tom Petty and ZZ Top. Wow! Classical music never sounds strained either. Vivaldi! Smooth as silk! I’m glad I made the purchase.

In terms of appearance the Mini T’s looks great with the rosewood finish. The covers are the best I’ve ever had for convenience of removing and replacing.

You should know that Smith’s audio is a classy audio dealer. Selling Bryston products through them is an asset to Bryston.

I appreciate your “ listening “ to me. I’m a Bryston fan and use a BCD-1, BDA-1 DAC and BP100 Amp to drive my Mini T’s. It’s a great combination.

Happy listening,

Tony Collins
    Cranbrook, BC

Nice feedback from a potential Model T owner:

Sent: June-14
    To: sales@bryston.com
    Subject: Model T Speakers

I am interested on the Bryston Model T speakers and I would like to ask you what is the MSRP for them?

I see in several webpages it is $6,500 USD, but the current quote I have is for $7,000 USD.

Thanks

Hi Carlos

They come in 2 versions. The Model T with built in crossover and the Model T Signature with an external crossover.

The Model T is $6495 US a pair and the Model T Signature is $7495 US a pair in vinyl. Wood is $1000 extra for the pair.

Do you have a PDF of the literature?

James

Subject: RE: Model T Speakers

James,

I appreciate the info. I downloaded the PDF from your website.

I am heading down to the dealer now, Audio Emporium, Milwaukee. I want to get these speakers ASAP.

I auditioned these speakers and they are just wonderful. They are fantastic, I was about to pull the trigger on a pair of pre owned 802 from B&W, but the T 's are fantastic

Regards.
    Carlos
    Last edited by James Tanner - Bryston; June 14, 2013 at 02:40 PM.

Hi Folks,

We have added all the current Bryston speaker models to the Bryston Home Page.

Available through the dropdown menu under SPEAKERS.

Bryston Limited: Music for a Generation

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Customer Feedback

Hi Folks – nice comments from a Bryston Model T customer responding to a question on a speaker forum.

“Hey Zissou,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your thread at AH you claimed to have owned these in the past: Wilson Audio Sophia 1 , Wilson Audio Watt Puppy 7, Revel Salon, Revel Salon2. You also alluded to owning others like the Linkwitz Orion, KEF 207/2-- or at least spending time with them. Impressive. The Revel Salon2 speakers are regarded as some of the best speakers in the world by many...... especially for accuracy and neutrality.

Here are my questions for you; in your opinion, do the Bryston Model T's outperform the "best speaker in the world" or is it based on value for dollar you make the "revelation" statement?”

“Hi,

Yes I have owned those as well as the Magnepan MG20.1. Firstly there is no "best speaker in the world" by their very design they are imperfect devices and every design is a series of trade offs and strengths that culminate in the final product. The Brystons have a set of strengths that I have not heard in any other full range, multispeaker system.

I certainly have not heard the best speaker in the world and truly doubt I ever will, that is if there is one it could change tomorrow. The Bryston Model T’s more than competes with anything I have owned, if they didn't they would have been sold off and I would have moved on. Their coherence and sound-staging abilities differentiate them from the other speakers I have owned whilst retaining their strengths.

This makes them a revelation and their price point and makes this level of performance more accessible to more people. This in and of itself makes these a game changer.

Zissou”

SUBJECT: Bryston Speaker Surround System

Hi Folks,

Another Recently Installed Super Sounding Bryston System.

System includes: Bryston Model T.s front left and right with Bryston Model T Center up front. Surrounds are Model T’s and rears are mini t’s. Two Bryston 6BSST2 amplifiers, Bryston BDP-1 Digital Player and Bryston BDA-1 DAC.

Video is 80"sharp for regular TV watching and above is a motorized 165" 2.35:1 Stewart film screen for a theatre experience.

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Customer Feedback

Sent: Monday, June 24
    Subject: RE: Model T Speakers

James,

I have not been able to spend as much time as I wish with the new model T speakers, but on my first impressions I could tell you that they are amazing!

IMG_3638lr.jpg

The level of detail these speakers brought to my system is unbelievable, I was listening to Diana Krall DVD "Live from Paris" and it was fantastic to hear so many details I had never heard (I've owed that DVD for at least 7 years!). There is a track where she does a piano solo, and with these speakers my system was able to reproduce the "wood on wood" sound the piano keys when she strike the keys harder, like if I was sitting 10 feet from the piano!

Another great improvement was perceived in the turntable/vinyl area. The image is impressive, and it gave an air of fullness specially to instruments like Sax, trumpets, and bass. The voice became so real to the point that it is hard to believe.

Overall the bass response is outstanding, so evenly distributed across all low frequencies. I cannot wait until I get a real set of amplifiers (like the 7BSST's), I can only imagine the improvements these will bring in.

Thanks a lot for these great speakers!

Carlos.

SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T – Dealer Feedback

Hi, James

Had some time over the week end to give the Middle T's a listen , I must say I am very impressed .

I started off with one of Taj Mahal’s early recordings , I've been listening to this recording for over 40 years now, though I had heard it all ,but the Middle T,s managed to give that old recording new life, even through the tape hiss, over done bass and cutting lathe rumble the music had a spooky sense of presence, even the bass was better controlled with out compromising of depth .

On Howling wolf,s London sessions I could swear I heard one of the musician,s cursing in the background. I love the fact that these speakers maintain a sense of presents without being harsh , switching to my reference speakers my wife immediately complained that the sound was edgy. Listening to nine inch nails "Hurt" was a ball, the combination of big bass and dynamics is diaper filling fun. Listening to the Johnny Cash version of that song you could hear every glass of whiskey he drank and every cigarette he smoked.

If you have been starving for dynamic slam with no pain these are the speakers for you. Oh and C.Saint Saens "Le carneval des Animaux "was mesmerizing.

Well better get some work done cuz I see a new pair of speakers in my future.

Well done James.

Gary
    Bryston Dealer

To: Rich Jackson
    Subject: Re: Model T Reaction

Rich,

Thank you for the audition of the Bryston Model T’s. I had so much fun listening to the new model Ts.

#4.jpg

My biggest reaction was simply that Bryston managed to deliver a product of this quality at such a low price point -- very impressive! In a largely mechanical device like a speaker or turntable, sometime a certain design just clicks, has a certain magic. That is clearly the case with the Model T. It's not a revolutionary design, but the performance for the money certainly is revolutionary.

In terms of their sound, I thought their sound-staging was outstanding: wide, tall and very deep and three dimensional. Another big impression was the quality of the bass; so tight and well defined. Overall a delightful and well-rounded speaker system.

Yay Bryston!

Jon
    Sierra Nevada Audiophile Society

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker - Dealer Feedback

June 2013

Hi Folks,

From Legend A/V – Our Dealer in Cap Cod regarding Model T’s

Hi James

I played my new Bryston Model T's today for the first time.

What a game changer, they sound simply Amazing!

These speakers perform so far beyond their price point, it makes you think Bryston priced them wrong.

Congrad's James on yet another Grand Slam for Bryston in the audio world!

Ivan

Capture.JPG

SUBJECT: Bryston min t Model T Customer Feedback

Subject: mini t and Model T Signature

Hi James

I am currently auditioning a pair of Bryston Mini T’s and am very impressed so far.

The mini T’s have surprised me with the wide soundstage cast beyond their placement as well as the detailed mid’s/hi’s and very surprising detailed low end. They definitely punch above their weight.

One additional attribute is that my preference for analogue vinyl playback is reinforced by these speakers. Most of the digital music I play through the Bdp-1 are hi res (192khz/24-bit) FLAC files downloaded from HD Tracks. I was impressed immediately by the BDP-1/bda-1 combination when I acquired both pieces. I was getting underwhelmed by my current speakers when playing vinyl but the mini t’s presence has renewed my appreciation for analogue.

The mini t’s have succeeded in getting me very interested in the Model T Signatures – I’ll be requesting an audition very soon. I’ll be comparing Focal Scala’s, Wilson Sasha’s and the Model T’s. I’ve heard the Scala’s and Wilson Sophia’s. Given what I heard from the mini t’s I suspect the Model T’s will hold their own with this competition.

I’ll talk to Dennis Parsons at Hi Fi Installations in Vancouver about setting up an audition of the Model T Sig’s.

As an aside, he recommends the Mini T’s be renamed Mighty T’s given their weight and performance.

Andrew

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers July 2013
    SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speaker - Dealer Feedback

Masterlu
    AA Founder,
    Legend AV Owner

Bryson Model T update

I really must comment further on the Bryston Model T's

[ic.jpg

We have all seen the positive reviews these speakers have been getting; in fact it's so much, you may start taking it with a grain of salt.

Let me tell you, I have been playing mine since early this morning. First, I have done no speaker setup whatsoever I just flanked my JBL’s with them. Second I still haven't put the Outrigger stands on them, which will further improve their sound even more.

Guys, I kid you not; these speakers "Must be Heard" to be believed. They just do everything right, the bottom end is crazy deep. The mids, and highs are terrific; but even more amazing is the sound stage these are throwing.

Now I know I'm driving these with all Accuphase gear, but these are simply amazing. I can easily put these up against speakers costing $15-$20k. Another fantastic plus is they have a remarkable small footprint, and are very WAF friendly. What are you waiting for; get out and audition a pair!

James... Truly Outstanding Work!

Ivan

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers July 2013
    SUBJECT: Bryston MIDDLE T Customer Review

Subject: Bryston MIDDLE T review

Dear James,

Now I have had the Bryston MIDDLE T for almost a week and I would like to share my impressions so far.

My Hifi and music journey started many years ago. My first system was a Linn turntable, a Linn integrated amplifier and a pair of Linn standmount speakers. After that I have changed and tried many different kinds of electronic equipment for example, Pioneer, NAD, Vincent, Primare, Sony etc. Speaker brands ranging from Linn, Yamaha, Audiovector etc. Around 8 years ago I purchased a pair of XXXX (edit) speakers. XXXX was at that time a new brand for the Swedish market but they would eventually become my reference speaker brand. When I started reading about XXXX, the brand Bryston was also mentioned and I started to be curious. However the price level was at that time out of my grasp.

Some years back however I started to have the possibility to upgrade my system and I began to upgrade my speakers to XXXX and then I find a good deal on a Bryston B100SST and I also purchased a Bryston BDA-1 and a Bryston BCD-1. I appreciated the exceptional quality and sound of the Bryston gear in combination with great service and responsiveness from you. I upgraded to XXXX and thought I had found the perfect stereo set-up. However I was still missing something when it came to the sound of voices and the bass response, especially when playing rock music. I am now playing music through Resonessence Labs Invicta together with Bryston 3BSST2 and a Heed Audio CD-transport.

I decided to take a chance and purchase a pair of the Bryston Middle T which would replace my XXXX. I had never listened to the Bryston Middle but after your advice I took the chance. I received them last week and was very excited and full of expectations when I hooked them up. First of all they look great in their Natural Cherry Wood veneer. But what would they sound like!?

My first impressions were that voices were now clearer and more natural, the bass was exactly what I had been craving for and the detail was still very good. One of my favorites is Toto and especially when Joseph Williams was their lead singer. I have heard Joseph Williams in concert twice and both times in smaller places (around 50-400 people) and I have been sitting about 10 meters from him so I kind of know what his voice should sound like. The Bryston Middle T have given me the best reproduction I have ever heard. With the XXXX I have always enjoyed acoustic music but rock has lacked something. Now with the Bryston Middle T I enjoy rock music the way it should sound like. It is a lot more engaging than the XXXX and the Bryston Middle T have a bass response to die for. Voices are also a lot clearer and so natural.

But then what about detail? First I thought that the Bryston Middle T was not revealing as much detail as the XXXX. But after listening for a while longer I realized that the Middle T are revealing as much as (or more) than the XXXX but the details are not that upfront or in-the-face as XXXX and they are not as harsh as the XXXX. I can now listen for longer periods of time. The Middle T can play all kinds of music and they are a lot more engaging and fun to listen to. To me they are a real bargain and I do not feel the need to hunt for better sound anymore. I will now sit back and listen to all great music I have in my collection as well as all the new music that regularly keeps coming in.

Thanks a lot for your great advice, your exceptional products and your outstanding service. Anyone looking for loudspeakers should consider the Bryston Middle T (or the other models you are offering). They will not be disappointed!

Best Regards,
    Mattias Biörs

James...congrats on all the great feedback you are getting on your new line of speakers. I have a few questions for you:

1) It seems from the Soundstage.com review that the reviewer recommends at least 11ft but more like 13 ft seated position from the front plane of the speakers for the drivers to properly integrate and for the sound to cohere for the Model T. Is this an accurate assessment? And what would it be for the smaller Mid-T and Mini-T speakers?

2) The speakers are rated as 91dB and 4ohm nominal. Is there a drop off in impedance below 4 ohms that presents a difficult load to the speaker (or at least an impedance/phase angle combo that presents a difficult load)? I guess it may not take a lot of Watts to produce very high SPLs given the speaker's 91dB sensitivity but are there certain point on the frequency curve where it demands high current delivery from its partnering amp(s)? If yes, then the use of wimpy amps (in the current delivery domain) may result in tonal skew if the speaker is not receiving enough current at certain points in the frequency spectrum where load is difficult. I suspect this will not be an issue with any of the Bryston amps but may be for those of us who are enamored with tube amps.

3) In the Signature series (either with passive or active crossovers), in both configurations one will need 3 channels of amplification to drive T/M/W drivers?

4) If one goes with either passive or active crossovers and decides to use SS amps but wants to have tubes in the preamp stage, does the additional passive or active crossover stage editorialize in any way the input signal from the tube pre (i.e., does the addition of the external crossovers in anyway change the character of the signal coming out of the tube pre)? I would imagine with the passive crossover that is no different than from the embedded crossover in the speaker in the base Model T but am wondering what the answer is with the active crossover scenario?

Thanks in advance and hope you guys are experiencing much success with a new speaker line and a nice return on your two year investment in developing this new product line.

Thanks
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Hi -Please see below.

1) It seems from the Soundstage.com review that the reviewer recommends at least 11ft but more like 13 ft seated position from the front plane of the speakers for the drivers to properly integrate and for the sound to cohere for the Model T. Is this an accurate assessment? And what would it be for the smaller Mid-T and Mini-T speakers?

I was a little suprised at that comment because the measurements show about 1 meter is required for the drivers to integrate in the Model T and of course the Middle T and mini t require even less distance.

2) The speakers are rated as 91dB and 4ohm nominal. Is there a drop off in impedance below 4 ohms that presents a difficult load to the speaker (or at least an impedance/phase angle combo that presents a difficult load)? I guess it may not take a lot of Watts to produce very high SPLs given the speaker's 91dB sensitivity but are there certain point on the frequency curve where it demands high current delivery from its partnering amp(s)? If yes, then the use of wimpy amps (in the current delivery domain) may result in tonal skew if the speaker is not receiving enough current at certain points in the frequency spectrum where load is difficult. I suspect this will not be an issue with any of the Bryston amps but may be for those of us who are enamored with tube amps.

The impedance curve is pretty benign - see pic:

Attachment 2258

3) In the Signature series (either with passive or active crossovers), in both configurations one will need 3 channels of amplification to drive T/M/W drivers?

Active needs 3 channels per speaker but Signature only needs one channel per speaker.

4) If one goes with either passive or active crossovers and decides to use SS amps but wants to have tubes in the preamp stage, does the additional passive or active crossover stage editorialize in any way the input signal from the tube pre (i.e., does the addition of the external crossovers in anyway change the character of the signal coming out of the tube pre)? I would imagine with the passive crossover that is no different than from the embedded crossover in the speaker in the base Model T but am wondering what the answer is with the active crossover scenario?

The Active crossover would be in the system between the preamp and the amplifier so the Tube amp quality should be left intact assuming the electronic crossover is of high quality - which the Bryston is.

Thanks in advance and hope you guys are experiencing much success with a new speaker line and a nice return on your two year investment in developing this new product line.

James

James....thanks for the responses. For some reason, I get an invalid attachment message when I click on the attachment for the impedance plot. In any case, no biggie. It seems like, a solid 4-ohm rated amp should do the trick. Thanks and I will certainly seek out an audition of these speakers. They have piqued my interest. Do you know who has the Model Ts or Mid-Ts on demo in the greater Boston area. Thx
    Cyril
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Try this

Capture.JPG

Thx James.
    Cyril

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bryston speakers