Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Re: Bryston speakers

New Bryston Model T

Jonny 2.jpgJonny.jpg

They have arrived! as others have mentioned they set up in a snap, and after 10 hours of warm up, they are rocking the house!!

Thanks!

i love these speakers!

jonny

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston System – Customer Feedback

Hi Gary,

We exchanged emails a few months back about the email newsletter. I have received a few since then thank you.

Regarding the all Bryston system we were looking at, we went ahead with the purchase of the following components from Rick at The Audio Alternative, Fort Collins, CO.

SLC.jpeg

BRYSTON:
    BDP-2 Player
    BDA-3 DAC
    BP-26 Preamp
    MPS-2 PS
    7B3- Mono
    BIT-20 Balanced
    Model T Passive
    Speakers

I have included a picture of the set-up in our living room. Please ignore the fireplace. The restoration of which took a backseat to the stereo. We would like to give praise to Rick at The Audio Alternative who drove from Fort Collins, Colorado to Salt Lake City to make sure we were happy with the set-up. That kind of customer service is exactly what we are looking for with this type of purchase as it is more of a long-term relationship than a one off purchase. We look forward to making future additions to our system with Rick. We are very excited about the Bryston turntable and are waiting for Rick's analysis. He has some stiff competition at his shop with Linn and Thorens.

We are very happy with the system we purchased and look forward to many years of enjoyable (sometimes loud) listening.

Matt & Amelia

Hi Folks

Another review on the A2 speakers

http://www.theaterbyte.com/hardware-...rs-review.html

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – Customer feedback

Hi James

I have not commented on my Bryston Model T Speakers yet.

I will say they are fantastic!

picture_0017_1.jpg

I for one do not want/need polished surfaces and weird curves on my speakers (or components for that matter). As a matter of fact I prefer sober, boxy designs, without much fanfare. I wanted best sound for my money and under 10K. After endless hours of reading about the Model Ts, and the opinion of many members here, I bought them, without seeing/listening in person. I am so impressed by them. I did get a special order walnut veneer that looks really nice IMO.

At essentially half the price, the choice was a no-brainer for me. I was curious about the KEF Blades, and the Revel Salons. All three seem to be playing at the same performance level. 20K for the other two options was not worth it to me. If I had 20K for a pair of prettier, maybe better speakers, then I'd probably rather spend 50K for bigger and obvious better performance. For my money, 20-30K seems to be kinda the gray area to me.

Plus, if you look at used prices, all these three speakers are going for close to 50% their original price. I'd rather have a 5K devaluation than a 10-15K one, especially at what a lot people seem to agree is an essentially similar, some say better, performance level.

I guess I just don't like to compare the two (KEF Blade and Bryston Model T) like one could compare an Omega Seamaster and a Rolex Submariner. I've owned both and the Omega has the same, ever better, performance at half the price. So it comes down to wanting to spend twice as much versus having to spend twice as much... Neither is right or wrong. It's your $ and you should spend it as you wish

Happy Listening!!

Tutomac

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speakers – Customer Feedback

Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016
    Subject: Bryston Mini T's Rock!!!!

Hi Folks,

WOW !!!

Mini T Pair.jpg

“I bought Mini T speakers knowing nothing about Bryston products.

Amazing speakers.. !!! wow! --- i am getting ready to set up main rig for big room and will be purchasing the big boy's for it,, shocking how good a product for the money!

Amazing!! Great job!! Bryston!!! --- much better than my (edit) or (edit) or (edit),,,”

jim

Hi James

I am in the process of changing out my B&W 802n with matching center and subs to Bryston Model Model T and TC-1 Center etc. I changed out my surrounds to Bryston TOW on walls last year. Added TIW in walls for Atmos as well recently.
    I really love the Bryston TIW in wall speakers for the Atmos playback, they were a bargain for what you get at the price they are offered at.

After I get the Model T Signatures in I will plan on ordering the TC-1. After that 2 of the model T subs.

Thanks again for your help, a picture of my room is below.
    Current system as follows:

Pair 7BSST2
    0ne 9BSST2
    One Emotiva 5 ch amp (will be repealed with another 9BSSTx at some point)
    BCD_1 CD
    BDP-2 with soundcard upgrade
    2 BIT-15
    Marantz AV8802
    Oppo 103D
    I still listen to new CD's in my wonderful BCD-1.

Joe

Greetings James,

The Model Ts are an excellent match with the Luxman amp and DAC.

Although I mainly play music downloads and ripped files through a dual PC setup, I find the Model Ts have breathed new life into a number of CDs I've played. They seem to bring out the best the CDs have to offer, providing a more well-rounded and full (it's the only way I can describe it) sound. Listening to CDs has become much more pleasurable, and on a par with the computer setup.

Simply put, I join the many others in recommending that anyone considering new speakers at this or higher price point give the Model Ts an audition.

Cheers,

Bernie.,
    All the way from Australia

SUBJECT: Bryston –Model T Speakers – Dealer Feedback

September 2016

Observations on Bryston Model T Signature Speakers
    Matrix One Management Consulting Inc.

I've had the Model T Signature speakers for some time now, and so have had ample opportunity to become familiar with them. The arrival of the Model T’s happened to coincide with a move into a new house, and consequently a new listening room, so I had to get to know not only the speakers, but the new rooms’ characteristics as well. The room is roughly 18 ft. wide by 25 ft. long, with a 10-1/2 ft. ceiling height, and is architecturally symmetrical, with the exception of a small area in the left rear corner that bumps out beyond those dimensions. A fair room volume, but the Model T's are more than able to provide satisfying volume & dynamics at any sane listening level.

With enough listening hours under the belt, I now feel that I know what the room is like, and therefore what the Model T's are bringing to the party.

Some background: I've been involved with the audio industry all of my working life, and I've been privileged to experience some incredible examples of sound reproduction along the way. At one time I was employed by Harry Pearson, and worked for the Absolute Sound magazine in Sea Cliff, NY, involving nearly daily exposure to Harry's continuously-changing reference systems (including the then-famed Infinity Reference System). In more recent years I've served as lead project consultant for upscale private theaters.

When James Tanner gave me the run-down on the design path for the Model T's, they sounded intriguing, but I was concerned that they would have enough output to work well in my new room, given its volume. I needn't have worried. Driven by a pair of 7B's, the Model T's can reach beyond what my room can handle, whether it's T-Rex or Tchaikovsky. They can play loud, while maintaining linearity & detail even in the low frequencies. Within reason, your room and its loading and modal characteristics are more likely to be a limiting factor than the Model T’s.

If you’ve read the professional reviews, you already know that the speakers go loud, are extended in the basement frequencies relative to their size and driver complement, and are generally linear in their frequency response and polar patterns.

I feel that the performance of the Model T's is especially noteworthy for a few reasons.

Transparency
    While I won't claim that I've never heard more transparent reproducers, the Model Ts are excellent for speakers that use passive crossovers & dynamic drivers. The differences between recording techniques, mixing and mastering are audible, including sophisticated mastering tools such as multi-band compression. There is no upper-low frequency bump that some designs use to give an exaggerated and inaccurate impression of power in the bottom end. But there is low-end power and extension, in proportion to what is on the recording. Low organ notes down to what I’d judge as being in the 24Hz area are reproduced cleanly and distinctly, and with appropriate authority, frequencies below taper off, rather than soundling like they fall off the proverbial cliff. Electric bass in well-mixed modern recordings is a particular treat, as the Model T’s never sacrifice transient or dynamic detail or contrast for “bloat”.

With recordings that incorporate real ambient space, such as The Weavers Reunion At Carnegie Hall 1963 / Ramblin’ Boy, the acoustic space of the old Carnegie Hall is palpable, and is great fun to hear. Significantly, I hear that space to evenly occupy the same “virtual stage” as the voices and instruments; it’s not that it sounds most obvious between the speakers and weakens toward the boundaries of the audible sound stage. The ambient cues sound like you could be really hearing it in the depth, breadth & height of the Carnegie Hall stage. Such ambient space sounds different from reverb added in post, no matter how refined the reverb algorithm is.

Sound Space
    The Model T’s in my room are surprisingly satisfying in terms of perceptual width, height and perhaps, to a slightly lesser extent, depth of the musical stage. (I say perhaps as what I’m hearing may well be more a function of the room’s influence, than the speakers. It may also be related to digital sources, my records are still in boxes.) Maybe it’s that the sound space so easily and so clearly extends beyond the width and height of the speaker placements, that the illusion of depth is merely good by comparison. Sounds do appear both forward of and behind the plane of the speakers. In multi-tracked pop recordings, perceived depth is an artifact of such enhancements as reverb, delay, relative mix levels between tracks, and so on. The Model T’s let you hear these nuances, and in a way, occasionally also lets you hear their respective limitations. I mean as contrasted with a sense of depth captured “live” in one pass, in a real acoustical space, with minimal compression in post, and with simple microphone placements intended to capture both direct and indirect sounds.

Dynamics
    Those who know me can tell you that I have reservations about speakers designed for the retail consumer market, in terms of dynamic capabilities. More often than not, and across many brands, such designs will sound good to varying degrees in store showrooms, but fall apart when placed in a use-scenario that requires wide dynamic range, fast response times to high-level transients, and significant peak volumes, without what sounds like compression from the monitors themselves. In casual use, we don’t notice this much, as the vast majority of popular and even most classical recordings are compressed in mastering, and don’t place significant demands on the audio chain. The best recordings, however, and certainly some film soundtracks, do.

When you place many of these models, intended for consumer living rooms, into a space that is acoustically designed and reasonably damped (strategic use of absorbing & reflecting materials), and without the crutch of reflections from walls & ceilings, they often don’t perform when things are meant to get exciting.

Monitors designed for the pro recording & mastering spaces are typically much better in this regard, to the extent that historically, when spec’ing a customer’s private theater, I’ve preferred to avoid consumer designs.

But no worries here. The Model T’s have very good dynamics. Although I don’t play music or movies at levels that would induce pain, I have yet to hear them artificially compress or otherwise sound unhappy. Overall dynamic range (large dynamics) is far superior to the majority of consumer speakers, including some that cost much more, and micro contrasts are well reproduced, if not at the level of the very best I’ve ever heard over the years (my fondest memories come from heavily modified or unique special designs that were never commercially available).

Bang for the Buck
    If I had to peg one thing and one thing only that makes the Model T’s important, it would be this: they are unbelievable value for money. Period.

Have more money to spend? Great. But you need a quite a lot more money.

When I ordered the Model T’s, I was hoping for something that would manage satisfying volume levels in my room, which serves for both movies and music. I was hoping for a certain baseline of performance in terms of listening quality, but really thought that the speakers and their driver complements might barely manage in my room. My first love is music, but honestly, I imagined the total result would be very good for movies, and merely good for music listening.

The Model T Signatures have far exceeded my expectations.

Movies do indeed sound very good, but music listening now takes pride of place.

Thank you,
    Bryston.
    Brian Gammon

SUBJECT: Dealer Feedback - Model T Speakers

October 2016

WA Logo.jpeg

James,

Wolfsong Audio's Model T signature speakers arrived this week.

be6be7b26fc74ee9964b65c53737eefd.jpeg

Towers of Power indeed!

Real full range response with outstanding dynamics, depth, detail and coherence.

They are a true pleasure to listen to. From Rachmaninoff to Van Halen to Sarah Vaughn to Crystal method they morph into the "speaker that likes..........."

We may be spoiled with the 28B3s driving them but what a fantastic combo. Low level listening is fabulous and that just seem to soar ever higher when played at louder volumes. Break in has been nearly painless and with just over 90 hours on them the sound stage is expansive and expressive.

Well done Bryston!

Mike Burns
    Wolfsong Audio LLC

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers

October 2016

Hi James,

Here’s some info on my new showroom system.

Bryston system.jpg

I'm in the break in process of the 14B3 and the Bryston Signature Model T's, but so far I'm groovin'.

On the loudspeakers, I haven’t yet found the upper limit of how loud they will play; they have everything I love about the Mini Ts, just more of it.

The test for me of a hi-fi system is always, does it totally communicate the emotional impact of the music and make me want to dance?

As you can see from the photo, my hi-fi store is connected to my wife's record shop, and last Saturday, we had a group of 5 young African American customers in the store who were in town for a convention at Opryland, and were making the record store rounds. While they were checking out, I asked, does anybody like Alabama Shakes? The answer was an enthusiastic yes, so I called it up in Manic Moose and cranked it. The group and I were dancing around the room and singing along.

Well done Bryston!

Brian Warford
    Brian's Custom Theaters and Hi-Fi

SUBJECT: Australian Hi-Fi Show 2016 – Bryston Demo

October 2016

A Logo.png

Hi James,

The Bryston demo system at the recent Australian Hi-Fi Show consisted of:

Bryston BLP-1 Turntable, Bryston BDP-Pi Digital Player, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, Bryston BP-2 MM/MC Phono Stage, Bryston BP-26 Pre Amp, Bryston 14B3 Power Amplifier, Bryston Middle T Speakers, Cardas Parsec XLR Interconnects, Cardas Golden Cross Speaker Cables, Cardas Twinlink Power Cables (Throughout)

Bryston Model A Mini (Static)
    Bryston Model A2 (Static)

Bryston Speakers are now on the map in a big way In Australia!

There were so many people stating that the Bryston room with the Middle T speakers was best sounding room at the show.

Kind Regards,
    George Poutakidis

BUS logo.png

Dear Mr. Tanner:

I don't recall that we have ever met, but I've been in the audio business since 2000.

I sold Bryston from 2000-2003 when I worked at Audio/Video Showcase in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Now I am at Paragon Sight & Sound.

I was fortunate to purchase a pair of Bryston Mini T speakers from EMI systems - who was your Michigan representative. The Minis are the ideal speakers to sit at each end of my BDI low-boy stand, so I jumped at the opportunity to grab them! I cannot believe how full-range these speakers sound for the relatively small cabinet volume.

Very impressive engineering!

Ryan Hansen
    Sales, System Design

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speaker – Customer Feedback

January 2017

Hi Folks,

Hi James

I have been listening to the Mini A speakers for about a week now. I would like to give you some of my personal feedback.

BrystonMiniAPolish Review PIC.jpg

These speakers have excellent imaging and the sound stage is both wide and deep. The bass is very detailed with no boomy sound. They seem to be very tolerant to speaker location not having a major impact on sound quality.

Bottom line the Mini A’s are an incredible speaker for the money.

I bought the speakers without listening to them, but spending a week with the Mini A I know I made the right decision.

I'm looking forward to getting the mini T, TC1 and the Mini T sub.

Cheers
    Joe Cappello

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speakers - Feedback

January 2016

Bryston Mini-T (Initial impressions)

Thanks to Ivan, I am now the proud new owner of a set of Bryston Mini-T's

I received them Friday the thirteenth (I know, if I was superstitious, I wouldn't do anything until Saturday, however I couldn't wait), took tons of pictures of the unboxing and set up, once I had them in place and ready to go, I turned on my stereo system and away we went.

I had my Sonus Faber' as my front speakers previously and a REL III for deep bass. Over the couple of years of having this set up, there was a distinct noticeable unblended sound with this configuration.

I have used my Pioneer MCACC to balance them and tuned per the directions both in the REL III manual, as well as, Simko online directions on how to properly set the REL III for harmonious play with a set of speakers.

Unfortunately, I never found a blended sound, the REL stood out by itself as it was always a noticeable separation between the two; or there was an inherent lack of bass when I de-tuned the REL to much.

Fast forward to Friday (1/13), I slowly built the Target Audio stands, even using a square to make sure the posts are all perfectly aligned. (I'm a little OCD). I then bothered Ivan trying to figure out how to properly attach the Mini-T's to these incredible speaker stands...Once I got clear guidance on how to mechanically attach the Mini-T's to the Target Audio MR stands. I set the speakers where I thought they would sound best and fired up the system. I put n a CD recommended by Ivan (Hell Freezes Over (K2 HD Master Import) and started listening, I did not use the Pioneer MCACC set up prior.

My first immediate impressions was that the REL had disappeared it had somehow disappeared or blended seamlessly into the soundstage. There was a clear harmonious sound, then the overall sound/voices/instruments were crisp, clear, and flowed smoothly out of the enclosures. I played the CD at a soft low volume to not hurt/damage the speaker (I'm nervous, never spent this kind of money for a set of speakers) I listened to the entire CD and was just amazed how it sounded...Then came a multi-channel bluray of Chris Botti at Boston, what a sonic inspiration. I can't wait for the speakers to settle in and then really enjoy the sound...I can't wait to use the Pioneer to truly set the soundstage and get the delays, the balance, and the presence set for the entire system.

Unknowingly, I started a religious war on asking a question about the speakers burn in (didn't know this was taboo, like asking what oil to use in a motorcycle on other forums) It does however make sense that the materials used in anything new require some period of time to break in, settle in, or burn in. So, I am running the Mini-T' as much as I can to get them a little loosed up to then enjoy some rather louder music.

Finally, I am just in ‘AWE’ of the incredible sound, clarity, and how the Mini-T’s immediately blended without any adjustment or modifications, I can only imagine what these speakers will do and will sound once they settle in and get configured to harmoniously integrate all the pieces to make an incredible audio and video dream...

I currently have roughly 20 hours on the speakers and they appear to be presenting a well-rounded sound, going to watch Black Hawk Down this afternoon and see how that sounds...

Joe Schmoe

SUBJECT: New Bryston Active Speaker Dealer

January 2017

Hi Folks,

I am very pleased to announce a dedicated Bryston Active Speaker Dealer.

Welcome to: ‘Pulsworks Audio Arts in Saskatoon, SK’

Pulseworks.JPG

David will have a fully active Bryston system on display consisting of the following:

• Bryston Model T Active Speakers.

• Bryston BAX 3-way Active Digital Crossover.

• Custom Bryston three channel amplifier per speaker.

Having a dedicated listening room to allow customers to hear how much better Active Speakers can sound is paramount and I thank David for his commitment to this concept.

In a market where customers are asking for more value added from their dealer the in home active Bryston speaker system is a perfect fit.

James Tanner
    Bryston

Hi Folks,

Just a heads up - the Bryston speakers are going up about 5% next month.

james

Hi Folks,

Just a note to update the progression of the impression, as well as, the break in period on my new Bryston Mini T Speakers.

The sound is getting richer, volume (technically gain) is increasing with no noticeable distortion, all instruments sound like they are right in front of me; as if being at a concert. Currently, I'm listening to the McIntosh SACD DSD demo on the Oppo. Each instrument can be singled out, the lows are low and the highs are high crisp and all of it is clear as a Caribbean scuba dive.

Seems like the speakers are loosening up and the sound is enveloping me and the room. The REL III has disappeared, still blending perfectly with the lows of the Mini-Ts. There is no harsh separation between them anymore.

It is sonic bliss!

Once, I save up another $1000 I'll re-wire my room with Blue Jean cables, I'll Bi-Amp my Mini-Ts. Turns out my Pioneer SC-65 is capable of this function if not running a 9.2 set up; which I'm not nor plan too. So Bi-Amp and a 7.1 set up will be my final configuration for a while until my wallet heals...

So thank you, Ivan you were spot on with your assessment of my audio gear and it working well with the Mini-Ts...

Joe Schmoe

Pioneer SC-65 (as pre-amp), Anthem PVA-7, Bryston Mini-T Speakers, Sonus Faber Concertino Speakers, Sonus Faber Solo Center Channel Speaker, REL Stadium III Sub-Bass System, Oppo BDP-105 Blu-Ray, Synology DS412+, and Sonos.

SUBJECT: Bryston A1 Speaker – Customer Feedback

February 2017

Hi James

Love the Bryston A1 speakers. They sound great! You guys did a great job developing these.

I had (EDIT) speakers before these but I think I did things a little backwards.

I purchased the (EDIT) speakers not expecting to change my system. My wife then suggested that I upgrade the rest of the stereo. After a lot of research, I then purchased the Bryston Pre-Amp and Power Amp. The (EDIT) speakers were very bright.

Then I purchased the Bryston A1 speakers and there was a noticeable improvement from first listening. The high frequency was improved and much better base and mid-range. Probably the better base and mid-range had as much to do with the improvement as anything else simply because I am hearing more of the music (at least that’s my thought and I am no expert.

I just know what I like in sound and what I don’t). I purchased the speakers at Audio Eden in Aurora. They were great to work with.

I had not experienced the “bright” sound before so I googled it on the internet and found that I was not the only person to fall into this trap. I tried all the simpler fixes such as interconnect cables etc. Finally decided that I needed to change the speakers.

Glad I did!

George

Deleted.

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A – L.C.R. Review

June 2017

logo.jpg

Bryston’s Mini A Bookshelf And AC-1 Micro Centre Channel

The Mighty Minis

Many AV enthusiasts would agree that by far the most critical speakers in any home cinema setup would be the three speakers up front which consist of both left and right channels along with the center channel which anchors the sound to the image on screen. Some would argue that a subwoofer would be the most valued component in a system, but without these three channels performing to par, the entire shebang would be a total let down. After all, the main focus on sound when it comes to any movie would be to deliver intelligible dialogue, together with a detailed albeit powerful main score and effects for the entire film.

Bryston, a brand synonymous with delivering high powered, heavy hitting and “tank like” construction Hi-Fi equipment which are all revered in its own right, has also produced the AC-1 Micro which was specifically built to be a center channel to complement the Mini A bookshelf speakers. The Mini A’s which are known in the Hi-Fi realm for delivering transparent, detailed and highly enjoyable sound proves to be an excellent choice to be utilized in a home cinema setup when paired with the AC-1 Micro. The two speakers are quite well matched both in size, build and sonic characteristic as to be used as a system to line the front of your home cinema system.

The AC-1 micro is a two way design speaker utilizing 3 drivers. A single 1 inch tweeter paired up with dual 5.25 inch mid-bass woofers. The entire cabinet of the speaker is rather diminutive at a width of 17 inches and a height of 7.5 inches. It’s also worth noting that the AC-1 Micro is a sealed design with only the speaker terminals at the back, making the speaker a lot more forgiving when it comes to placement and positioning. The cabinet also matches the aesthetics of the Mini A bookshelf’s, employing the same chamfered edges, lining the longest side of the speaker which in the case of the AC-1 runs perpendicular to the Mini A for a somewhat coherent look.

The front and rear of the Bryston Mini A. Note the bi-wirable speaker terminals and unique bass port the latter designed to minimise low frequency chaffing

The front and rear of the Bryston Mini A. Note the bi-wirable speaker terminals and unique bass port the latter designed to minimise low frequency chaffing

Unlike the Mini A with its lower 87 dB sensitivity, the AC-1 is a little more sensitive with a higher rating of 90 dB. It is also a little more powerful with a maximum handling ability of 200 watts. Irrespective of these specifications, the AC-1 is a perfect complement to the Mini A especially when used in a multichannel home theater setup. Even though different when it comes to their driver configuration as well as their driver dimensions, the individual characteristics of these speakers come together to create a complete cohesive image.

The mini A which is a 3 way design speaker and is ported at the rear, work wonderfully to deliver a full bodied, weighty sound which is in stark contrast to their smallish size. Bass response is also particularly good with the rear ports of the Mini A effectively going deep without bloating or muddling the sound. Overall the 3 speakers work together seamlessly handling sharp dynamic shifts well, while keeping each particular sound in the right place at the right levels. The sense of scale and authority that these little boxes are capable of is pretty impressive as they are capable of filling a large room with sound effortlessly.

These little wonders from Bryston are a titanic step up in performance when compared to the usual home theater in a box solutions as well as even most basic separates systems.

The asking price for the Mini A and the AC-1 might seem like a sizeable sum, but when you take into account the solid build, high performance and ridiculously confident warranty, the Bryston speakers do come off as a pairing of great value. The pedigree that Bryston delivers with the Mini A and AC-1 suggests that these speakers are also capable of lasting through a number of receiver upgrades before needing to be swapped out themselves as the extent of their abilities are pretty far reaching.

This combo is one that is designed to deliver astonishing performance at a great value in a package that’s small yet pleasing to the eyes.

Article by Venoth Nair

Hi James

Have had the Model T Mini speakers for over a year now; used with tube amps.

Mini T Walnut.png

I very much like these for classic/jazz and large scale vocal performances.

I am 71 years of age and have had many speakers over the years. I never lost my love and appreciation for the venerable AR 3a. So much has come and gone from my little gray cells- but the sound of that speaker system will always be with me- especially its understated and accurate bass.

Those (not so mini) T's come very close in many respects.

Thanks for providing a great speaker system reasonably priced!

Thank you
    Jerry

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speaker – Customer Feedback

July 2017

Hi Folks,

My new Bryston Mini T speakers arrived earlier today and playing solo piano and guitar CDs most of the day, however I did sneak in some Sinatra/Jobim.

Mini T on Stand.jpg

Damn impressive right outta the box.

Nice soundstage and smooth highs, which I am sure will improve with time.

Well done Bryston.

UPDATE:

After almost a week and 35 or so hours on these bad boys, gotta say:

• DAMN FINE BOXES!

They sound great with my MA6600. Could not be happier with this addition. They continue to impress with every listen.

Humbuster

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T Speakers – Customer Feedback

August 2017

Re: Bryston Loudspeakers

Folks:

Run...don't walk to your nearest dealer and pick up a pair of the Bryston Mini-T speakers.

Mini T's on MR 60 Stands - Home.jpg

Mini T Speakers on
    Target MR Custom Stands

I am truly amazed at how good these speakers are!

There is NOTHING anywhere near their price point that comes close, IMHO.

DogsPart2

Bryston Model T passive speaker review, October 16, 2017

Last winter, I was in the market to purchase an entirely new HiFi sound system to upgrade from what I have had for many years. My vintage walnut veneer tower speakers purchased new in 1975 were about due for replacement. I loved everything about the my old speakers, the look in real wood veneer, the performance and how much dynamic power they put out to fill my rather large room. And just to put the size of the room into perspective; my living room is approximately 25 feet wide, 30 feet long, the ceiling is a vaulted 18 foot high mostly glass wall to the east with a upper level balcony to the western side overhanging a 14 foot wide stone fireplace with two rooms above the living room looking down to the main space. The north side of the room is the staircase going up to the balcony and houses the area under it with the sound system equipment and finally the southern wall is a blend of library cabinets, French doors to the outside deck and an open area leading to the back door and kitchen area. In other words, it’s a large area with a lot of irregularities and of course I should mention wide pine wood floors.

Santos Rosewwod.JPG

I had listened to a pair of relatively new trapezoid shaped tower speakers offered by one of the predominantly subwoofer based companies and the Bryston Middle T’s. The Middle T’s were superior sounding, but I decided to try the ‘value’ speakers at less than half the price of the Bryston’s. After using them for a few months, I was having some issues with my power amplifier going into over temperature protection mode on several occasions and I decide that the value speakers were too problematic for my taste. The one speaker causing my problems was replaced by the manufacturer under warranty and I sold them right afterwards.

I brought home a pair of Middle T’s on demo while working out my issues with the other speakers with the manufacturer for warranty replacement and was able to do a direct comparison test of the Middle T’s and my ‘value’ speakers in my very large room. Although the Middle T sounded a little better in the demo studio, they sounded immensely superior in home with this very large room. They put out so much forceful dynamic power; with virtually no distortion (they do run at 4 ohms vs. 8 ohms with the other speaker) the difference was quite remarkable.
    After using the Middle T’s for a period of time, I was sold on them; they are perfect for my room, my listening preferences and the overall performance in terms of the sound stage and detail they present. The only nagging thought overhanging me was should I buy these or opt for the even larger Model T. After speaking with a number of people who were familiar with both speakers, it seemed like it was going to be a tough decision as I was told that the Model T is a lot of speaker for some rooms, perhaps too much. In fact one opinion from a guy I know who has both speakers was that he preferred the Middle T as his room is considerably smaller than mine. He felt the Model T overpowered his space and it was almost muddy sounding.

I spoke with James Tanner on this subject and he felt that based on my large area, I would really benefit from the larger Model T. As such, I decided to pull the trigger on buying a pair of Model T’s and brought in a pair of Rosewood passive Model T’s from a friend of mine who was downsizing his holdings. I set them up in the exact position which the Middle T’s were stationed and within 5 minutes of use, I just knew these were the speaker! The dynamic power and sound stage of music is nothing short of amazing in my room. All frequency ranges just plain old worked; I was finding myself listening to the same music multiple times just to confirm that what I was hearing was real. The low end is so powerful that I don’t feel any need to replace a second subwoofer which had failed earlier on; the single sub is completely adequate to round out the room acoustics. If anything, I would most likely bring in a sub from Bryston to meld with the Model T’s.

I did make one very interesting observation concerning use with my VPI Ares 3 turntable. With the value speakers, I always was running into problems with excessive low frequency feedback and was finding myself dialing back the bass response to eliminate the annoyance. However, with the Bryston Model T’s, it makes no difference as to what the low frequency level is set at or how loud I play the music, there is virtually no and I mean no low frequency feedback getting back through the turntable. I suspect this is a question for James Tanner to address as to why, but from what I might suggest, it means that there are very minimal, if any low frequency distortion products from the Model T vs. the value speaker.

Overall, I’d not dissuade anyone from buying a Middle T, it’s a pure delight to listen to, however if you have a larger area, go for the Model T, it’s worth every penny for what it is capable of producing for raw/refined, beautiful power. And how do they look? Well as much as I loved my vintage walnut speakers, I just cannot take my eyes off of the Bryston’s, especially in Santos Rosewood; stunning. So simply designed and done with taste.

Humbuster

I Love my not so Mini T speakers.

Continue to be amazed how good they pair with my McIntosh integrated. Soundstage is incredible and no need for sub, at least in my environment.

Cannot compehend ANY speaker at this price point sounding better.

This was my first Bryston purchase and a s much as I am a true McIntosh devotee, I may have to try a few Bryston electronics in the future. I am really impressed.

HI

I heard the active Model T’s at TAVES with 3 channel 21B’s.

Outstanding!

Dwight Angus

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Signature Speakers – Customer Feedback

November 2017

Hi James,

I just wanted to personally thank you for developing such a wonderful speaker.

My new Bryston Model T Signatures are much improved over my original Model T passives.

The veneer is gorgeous, and they sound tighter, more resolving and much more dynamic.

picture_0017_1.jpg

Right now, my electronics are Bryston BDA-3 DAC to BP-26 preamp to 7B3 Mono Amps to Model T Signature speakers.

I’ve been talking with Mark Jones about upgrading to two more 4B3 amps and a Bryston BAX-1 Digital Active Crossover.

I’m sure the next upgrade to Active will be a huge improvement as well.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

John Toles

James,

I don’t have nearly as elegant a system as that above, but I wanted to add my thanks and praise for developing such great products.

I just bought a pair of Mini T’s from Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins, Colorado.

I’ve had them for a week now and all I can say is, “WOW!”

They replaced speakers I’ve had for 20 years. I thought I knew my music collection, but these speakers really bring out elements I’ve not heard before. They complete an almost all-Bryston system: BDP-1, BDA-1, BIT 15, 4BSST2, and a BP-26 and MPS-2.

I think it’s a pretty good system! Most people who I’ve played something for agree.

The most common reaction has been, “You’ve got to be kidding!”

Thanks again.

Terry

SUBJECT: Audio Concepts – Dealer Feedback

December 2017

James, customer FINALLY hooked up 28B-Cube to his Bryston Model-T speakers.

AC Logo.jpeg

He is getting rid of his McIntosh gear on his other systems. I just had the most positive conversation I've had in a while. He is waiting for me to get him a final price on a Bryston full active system.

Thanks for letting me sell those amazing heavy black objects you designed to a very happy man.

Brad

James,

I have an opportunity to pick up a set of model T's used in my prices range and in great shape.. How much power do you need to drive these?

Thanks, TB

Hi TB

How big is your room?

Probably 22x30. These speakers are probably too big. I am not going to blast the sound at crazy levels anyway.

I love the sound of your speakers for the clarity. I have listened to many pricey speakers and Bryson blows the socks off most of them including B&W., Martin Logan, etc. I have a pair of Mini Ts and am now looking for a pair of Middle Ts when a friend mentioned that he knew of a pair of model Ts in mint condition for sale. So I thought I would ask.

I just updated my power amp to the 300 watt NAD m22 v2 and thought that was too small to power them. Thanks for the reply.

Hi TB

Ok I think you will be fine for now - long term the 4B would be the perfect fit.

If your current amp is OK with the Mini T's you should be fine with the Model T's

jame
    s

SUBJECT: Bryston Middle T – Customer Feedback

February, 2018

Hi James

Sorry for my English, with help from google...

I love my Middle T`s bought from Lyric HiFi Oslo, Norway. Great service from Haavard and Bjørn Olaf!

Middle T White.JPG

The Bryston Middle T replaced Audio Physic Padua R. What I liked with my AP was the 3 dimensional image and the midrange quality that was very important to me, but my AP were relaxed and undefined in the bass.

When I heard Bryston Middle T at Lyric HiFi I found a substitute that I thought I would try at home.

The sound image was 3 dimensional :-) and a midrange that I liked but the Middle T was much more articulated than the AP. The Middle T reproduced lots of micro details in my music/records that I had not heard before, and the bass is very articulated and with punch.

I'm playing today with 4B3 with the preamplifier from B135sst2. Waiting to hear matching with BP17 3 cubed, as soon as Lyric gets one in the store :-)

Best,
    Jan in Norway

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speakers – Dealer Feedback

February, 2018

Logo2.JPG

James, we have a set of your amazing Bryston MiniA speakers on display (brought in several pairs for a customer's home).

WOW!!!

I cannot believe how clear and loud they are when pushed hard. Absolutely no signs of edginess or distortion when we crank the volume up excessively loud. Customers immediately start looking for the subwoofer when we demo them.

You really seam to have addressed what has been an issue with home speakers. When you ask a customer if they are looking for SQ or SPL speakers they usually tell a fib and not to look like a Neanderthal tell us "SQ" when all we want to know is how loud they may play them.

Listening is an emotional experience and when we find a song we REALLY like we may turn it up really loud.

Thank you for allowing our customers not just choose between "loud" or "lovely".

James, I haven't had this much fun with speakers for a long time speakers back in the day. Value, performance and excitement!

Bryston should be very proud.

Great job.

Thanks,
    Brad Ferguson

SUBJECT: Bryston Model A1 Speaker – Customer Feedback

February, 2018

Hello James.

I can't tell you guys enough about how much I enjoy the Bryston A1 Speakers.

Ken.jpg

I've had people say the same thing. Where is the subwoofer? I understand they don't reach the lowest ranges, but what they do reach they do so well!!! Oh, they also do the concerts so well it's unbelievable how 3D the sound is. System doesn't get in the way. Just let's it all flow through nicely.

My system currently is the Bryston BP6 Preamp, 4Bsst2 (soon 4B3 or larger cubed series), and finely, the Bryston A1's.

Please pass this feedback on to the Bryston folks and thank them for producing a new standard.

Thanks again guys for doing stuff so well!!!

Ken

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – Customer Feedback

February, 2018

Hi James,

Just purchased a pair of Bryston Model T speakers in Natural Rosewood.

Model T CY.JPG

I was all vintage before, Klipsch heritage speakers plus monster receivers. I just got sick of having to fix things all the time so I went more modern. Klipsch Chorus IIs were my favorite speaker but could be a tad bright and not enough bottom end.

I am currently running an integrated McIntosh MA8000 300wpc with options of 2, 4 or 8 ohms. Currently using 4ohm tap it does seem to eat a lot more juice so would you also recommend switching to 8ohm with this amp?

The Bryston Model T speakers are so easy to listen to. Love the bottom end … here's a pic - need a new stand though - on today's agenda.

Love the speakers … they sound fantastic and look just as good!

Thanks again James,
    CY

SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker – Customer Feedback

March 2018

James

I have your A2’s set up in nearly an equilateral triangle with toe in to barely see the inside edge of the each cabinet. I was going to list all the material I covered over a two hour period, but instead will leave it generalized with rock, female and male vocals, jazz, blues and orchestral music.

Tonal balance and timbre are exceptional. Imaging dead on. The bass? Tight, punchy and deep. They aren’t at all fussy about placement that I could tell. They play loud and effortlessly. In many recordings, I just smiled to myself at the ability they have of disappearing and letting me see the event in my head—wonderful. Drums, piano, upright bass, strings, horns, you name it, they were all spot on. Transient swings were powerful and dynamic. They beg you to keep upping the volume.

I thought my old speakers were fantastic at detail retrieval, but these picked up every nuance and some I had never heard before in a natural way that was amazing. Piano sounds live and in the room with tinkling of the keys. Strings sing with a shimmering quality. Vocals are liquid and lifelike. Drums….well, you will have to hear them to believe how good they are. I could go on, but you get the idea. These Bryston A2’s replaced a pair of well-known and respected speakers from 1997 that originally retailed for $3,000 and in nearly every way the A2 bested them. I will agree with others that the A2’s are an absolute monster for the price.

James, this is a job well done and congratulations on turning out a fantastic speaker for the money. By the way, my 19 year old Bryston 4B ST never blinked and I believe could have pushed these speakers to near concert levels with ease. I was never tempted to push my preamp volume to more than -12 and really enjoying things at lower levels in the -15/18 range.

Given my experience, I would say the A2’s are in the league with speakers costing 2-3 times more.

I think that any improvement in the already very good ultra-high frequency area and you will have a “giant killer” rivaling speakers selling for even higher prices. I couldn’t be more impressed.

Thank you again, James.

Sincerely,
    Jay

SUBJECT: Bryston A2 Speaker – Customer Feedback

March 2018

Hello James,

Sorry, my English is not good.

Maybe I will not be able to correctly describe the differences between the previous speakers I have owned and the Bryston A2.

I've bought one pair of your Bryston A2 speakers.

I have owned the Audio Physic speakers - Tempo6, Classic 10, Sitara and more. Audio Physic excels in displaying 3D space and the most delicate detail, but not in such a sweet spot as the Bryston A2. Especially the upper tweeter frequencies which are exceptionally clear and focus without any sense of sibilance.

First I have to say that in fact the A2 speaker is much more beautiful than the pictures I have seen.

It's a great sound!.

What I most appreciate about the A2’s is the dynamics, the sweet spot and the ability to play any music (rock, pop, classic).

They practically have unlimited performance without compression.

I am very happy with my A2, AC1 Mini and A Mini in my surround setup. I also bought a second-hand SP2 AV processor. Thank you for working on these great products.

I hope we will spend a long time with BRYSTON speakers and I will buy other components in the near future (speaker cables SC4, power amps, outriggers for my A2’s.

Erik B.
    Slovakia

SUBJECT: Our Norway Distributor – Congratulations!

March 2018

Hi Folks,

Bryston would like to formally offer our sincere congratulations to one of our Distributors.

Capture.JPG

Middle T White Active System.jpg

T.A.A.IMPORT AS in Norway has now sold significant numbers of Bryston loudspeakers in their market area.

NORWAY
    T.AA.IMPORT AS
    Email: BOAHS@online.no

By my reckoning, using the new math, given the population of Norway and the number of speakers sold I would say 1 in 3 people living in Norway now own Bryston speakers.

Thank you folks and all those involved ... we truly appreciate your efforts on our behalf!

James Tanner
    V/P Bryston Ltd.

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – Customer Feedback

March, 2018

Hi James,

It’s been 2 months since my purchase of these Bryston Model T speakers, and I am very happy.
    For my other system I am running a pair of rwo/fostex Ls4 active studio monitors and McCauley 18 inch subwoofers as seen in the picture.

Kyle.JPG

For amplification I am running active 4 Bryston 7B’s lows and 2 Bryston 4B Cubed for the highs. It’s awesome sound!

I wanted a second pair of speakers I could not find anything I liked. I have had several high priced speakers come through my room and frankly they all left as nothing was satisfying me musically.

I have read so many positive reviews on the Bryston Model T that I figured I will give them a shot. I am running them with a single 4B Cube. I feel that's all they need, more than enough power for my setup.

Overall thoughts on the Bryston Model T’s: Perfectly balanced, great bass, smooth highs, awesome sound-staging. These are not going anywhere … definite keepers, and the walnut finish is stunning.

Although there is no such thing as a perfect speaker these Model T’s do a lot of things right. I listen to them about 80 percent of the time, and when I really wanna rock out I switch over to the Fostex. Not that the Model T can’t rock out. In the end I still feel there is no replacement for displacement. That being said I dare anyone to compare the Bryston Model T to any speaker 3, 4, 5 and maybe even 6 times the price point. I have had speakers in these price points in my room and they all left … the Brystons are staying.

Good work James.

Kyle

P.S. - You know what’s funny James, as big as my setup is, the Bryston Model T’s keep up and they are very dynamic. I have never given any feedback on a product I have purchased … was not worth my time or effort. I truly am happy with this purchase - enough to give my feedback.

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini T and Model T – Customer Feedback

April, 2018

James,

I have to tell you something that I am sure you know... everyone's ear is different. That being said, I have heard a lot of speakers in my time and many that I love are way out of my price range.

A really great guy from Audio Advisors who has since retired and always has given me the best advice turned me on to the Bryston Mini T's when they first came out.

No one had them that I could find in the East and i finally connected with Audio Video Therapy in Nashua , NH who by the way is an amazing store! Talk about personal service! Mark and John are just the best! I went down to listen to them and they sounded better than speakers that cost hundreds of dollars more.

I purchased them and have been in love in my listening ever since. Everyone who has heard them is amazed. So, I recently had a great chance to get a one year old pair of Model T' signatures from another great store in NJ. One I would highly recommend. Patrick is topnotch!

So the bottom line here is that the Bryston Model T speakers are just over the top for accuracy of sound. If you play a bad audio file, you get what you played but if you play a good one, the vocal and acoustical sound is the best I have heard.

They are phenomenal!

Back to the Mini T's, these speakers are also amazing. I am really torn as I can't hook up both unless you have some good switch that I don't know about, but the Bryston Mini T's are the most intimate speaker I have ever heard. The Model T's are the Mini's on steroids with that great bass but I would challenge anyone to find a better speaker than the Mini’s for their size!

I guess what I am saying is thanks! I love music and these Bryston speakers have added to the enjoyment in my life significantly. Thanks for all your advice.

Tom Bacon

wrong thread
    Attached Images Attached Images

SUBJECT: Bryston Mini A Speaker – Dealer Comments

September, 2018

LOGO AA.jpeg

Bryston Mini As are back in stock and in a new(ish) finish - Espresso Walnut. I have to say this loudspeaker is one of the best values in our store.

It seems like a good time to quote myself from way back in November of 2015.

"Every once in a while a product comes along that completely defies expectation. The Bryston Mini A is that product! ...

This modestly sized, three-way stand mount loudspeaker is remarkable in its ability to disappear.

The bass weight is fantastic considering the low end duties are left to a 6 1/2″ woofer. Coherence is another strong suit; close your eyes and you’d swear you were in front of a pair of Magnepans.
    They are that good.

At $1500.00/pair, they may be over looked by some and that would be a big mistake."

Simon,
    Audio Ark

SUBJECT: Bryston Model A1 Loudspeaker – Customer Feedback

September, 2018

‘Hi James

I just purchased a pair of Bryston Model A1 loudspeakers.

After only 2 listening sessions … all I can say is WOW!

These babies are the real deal. Effortless power. Will write more once they get settled into my room and I finish tweaking placement, etc. ... but super happy so far!

Back to an all-Bryston system once again - from source to speakers!!

Love it

TJ

SUBJECT: First, the so called Bryston MINI TC-1 Center speaker is a JOKE!!

October 2018

First, the so called MINI TC-1 is a JOKE!! This speaker is a far cry from being remotely a MINI anything!

The speaker is beyond gorgeous and for a center channel it fills any space, including my fireplace hearth quite nicely!

I've been a little boy at Christmas time, waiting on it to arrive, due to it being the real wood Rosewood and a custom order.

To say a center channel is a Mini that weighs in at 71lbs is a laughable!

It is amazing listening to them now, (Mini-Ts and the Mini TC-1) simply stunned on what music sounds like, or better yet, what music I’ve been missing by not having it.

As time goes by they will only get better!! The stage is front and center, it is as if I were at each venue in person. Can't wait till I can crank it p and truly feel the envelope of the sound and performances.

Never in my life (I'm 55) did I think that I would be able to own or afford world class speakers.

Bryston has stunned and shocked me on how these speakers (all 3) sound together and it just keeps getting better.

Forgive my naivety and childish enthusiasm but I am just entering this amazing sound environment! I'm giddy like a little school kid!!

Now off to musical bliss!

Joe Schmoe

SUBJECT: Dealer Feedback – Brian Gammon – Industry Veteran

November 2018

James;

I’ve been meaning to comment for the longest time regarding my Bryston system so far. As you know, over the past four years I’ve slowly and progressively updated my audio system using predominantly Bryston components. This was prompted by a move to a different house, giving me a larger space in which to integrate music listening & theater in one larger room.

The room is 25’ x 18’ with a 10’ ceiling. Although not how I would have designed the build-out from raw space, the room has reasonable attributes, including only very nominal low frequency nodal issues, in part as it’s built over a full crawl space, not a concrete floor. I’ve located absorption panels in key locations in the front two-thirds of the room, including the area of the ceiling between the speakers and the primary listening seats.

My Bryston “experiment” started with an SP3 (now updated to include a recent gen HDMI board), a pair of Model T Signatures, and a pair of 7B’s (now 7B3’s). A bit later the BDA-3 DAC and the BLP-1 turntable joined the party. Every part of the Bryston chain has brought its’ own overall improvements, but there is one “signature” characteristic that I feel defines the Bryston system experience, which I’ll get to in a moment.

I spend more time with music than movies (or concerts on disc). Faithful rendering of good recordings, whether recreating live performances or studio sessions, is my priority. (You guys know my background; I’ve been privileged to be part of an industry that I love for many years.)

Each Bryston component that I’ve added, taken on individual merit, is great.

• I’ve heard the 7B’s outstrip well regarded, legacy amps.

• The turntable is everything I hoped it would be and more without spending the price of a car.

• The SP3 in full Bypass mode allows the overall system to reveal each new improvement.

• The Model T Signature speakers are credibly neutral, extended in frequency response, controlled without sounding overly analytical, and resolve detail in gobs for a monitor designed around dynamic drivers. (Not intended to suggest dynamic-driver speaker designs need take a back seat to any other designs, only that it takes careful attention in design and component selection to compete with the best planar designs in the critical midrange.) Interestingly, the Model T’s respond well and communicate clear differences in musical presentation with changes in room placement, angle relative to the listener, and so on.

• The BDA-3 DAC is extremely flexible and sounds great overall, and particularly in the area of dynamics.

Wherein hangs my main point – what I perceive as the “hallmark” of Bryston design, and possibly the reason why a mainly Bryston system just may be greater than the sum of its’ parts.

Every serious manufacturer in audio can do nice tonality (although there are distinctions!). Every manufacturer can lay claim to appropriately neutral measurements, acceptable noise specs, at least half-decent phase characteristics, and so on.

Dynamic contrasts, from the rendering of small transient details in the background through to mid-level contrasts and a sense of pace and timing overall in the music, is where I hear Bryston consistently bringing it. This provides a degree of overall transparency, by way of dynamic details, is tough to beat, certainly in the upper-mid price strata that Bryston products tend to occupy.

Dynamic contrasts & transient details are what make recorded music remind me of the live experience. Over the decades, many Hi-Fi products have sounded very good, in varying ways and to different degrees, but not a lot have had the kind of micro-dynamic portrayal I’m currently enjoying.

Thanks for it all!

Regards
    Brian Gammon

P.S. – I am going to contact you as I have decided to upgrade my Model T Signatures to the ACTIVE version as I agree with you that active systems take the performance up a rung!

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Subwoofer – Customer Feedback

October 2018

Hey James,

The Model T sub arrived on Friday and I wrestled the beast into the living room. I mean that sucker is heavy! It's the size of a Middle T, but weighs in like a full sized Model T.

Model T SUB.JPG

Anyway, after getting things set up, I found out that my initial location I had envisioned the sub to live at was not a good choice. The sub was canceling out with the other two subs, the actual output dropped with three vs. the other two subs alone. The subs have a variable phase control so it's really easy to adjust phasing for maximum output.

I did some 'manual' phasing by moving the sub to a new location in a more open part of the room.... YIKES!

The output with the three subs in operation is like triple of what I had before. I had to turn down the output to the subs as it was over powering. I moved the sub about 7 feet over to a more open area and it just popped alive. Pretty impressive; I suppose I found the right phase point for all to work in harmony.

I love this sub; it's not only subtle in appearance, it's gorgeous and amazingly solid. It feels like it's made from a solid Ash block of timber. I guess with the extreme build quality, it gets all the potential resonances out of the cabinet.

Anyway, thanks again!

Bruce

logo.JPG

Hi Folks,

Please see attached an incredible review (English Translation) from a very prominent German Magazine on our Bryston Middle T Loudspeaker.

Superb pictures as well!

In case you do not have time to read the full review here is the conclusion.

IN CONCLUSION:

The Bryston Middle T are characterized by:

1. An "above everything" is balanced tonality; in very low-toned music, the bass likes to play something in the foreground, but does not sound unpleasant and does not cover other frequency ranges, but provides an impressive, stable foundation for the overall performance.

2. Wonderfully clear-cut mids. The midrange is clearly the absolute chocolate side of the Middle T. Resolution, fine dynamics, timbres and transient reproduction are exemplary. Whether voices or instruments, small ensembles or large orchestra, classical or hard rock - the centers of the Canadians are always exemplary. In the price comparison Middle T are here very far ahead.

3. A tweeter, which offers a decent resolution and generally supports the balanced sound rather than dominates.

4. A certain "minimum level requirement", whispering levels are not necessarily the business of Middle T.

5. A fascinating space. Localization, sharpness of contours and the illumination of the recording room in all dimensions are outstanding features of the Bryston speakers.

6. Great dynamic qualities. The excellent fine-dynamic differentiation to which the Middle T are capable comes into its own when you hear something louder. Since they seem to know no bounds, they are ideal for people who also like to hear loud music.

I have a PDF of full review in English - jamestanner@bryston.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bryston speakers