Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Audioshark

Re: Bryston speakers

James - that is fantastic and staying in line with great value from the Bryston line of speakers.

I would take the Model T Sig speakers over a pair of $60,000 speakers I heard the other day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

The new tweeter is sourced from where James? ...It's not fully designed in-house, only modified right?
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    The new tweeter is sourced from where James? ...It's not fully designed in-house, only modified right?
    Hi

Not sourced - we developed it with another Canadian company - Axiom - our partner in this project. All our drivers are totally custom designs.- designed and manufactured in house to provide us with exactly the performance parameters we need for each model.

james

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Ok, very interesting. Thank you for mentioning.
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

HI Folks,

Getting some Bryston Middle T speakers out there for reviews - coming soon!

My HIFI Life.jpg

Comming Soon.jpg

About David.jpg

james

Listening to my Model T passives, I'm totally impressed with the imaging, let me tell you about it.

In my 25'x 11'x 8' room I have the speakers placed along the long wall approx. 10' apart. I have them reflecting off the back wall about 2' to the left & right of my seating position.

The direct sound, sounds like it's coming off the front wall in an 10'x 8' soundstage. This is just a phantom image but it sounds like a full powered speaker. The speakers are merely the boundary of this soundstage in which the sound is not localized.

Very impressive imaging, of course YMMV depending on the room.

Mag

Hi Mag

Thank you for this post because it points out one of the main benefits of the Bryston speakers - and that is what we call the 'Family of Curves'.

Which is - the frequency response is even all around the speaker - we do hundreds of measurements in the anechoic chamber both - vertically and horizontally - and make them as flat as possible in every direction. This is sometimes referred too as the SOUND POWER and that is really what you hear when you place a speaker in a room.

The walls and ceiling and floor are all contributing to this 'sound power' and if all those reflections are similar in tonal balance to the on-axis response of the speaker you end up with this huge soundstage where the room disappears!!!

james

Quote Originally Posted by James Tanner - Bryston View Post
    Hi

Not sourced - we developed it with another Canadian company - Axiom - our partner in this project. All our drivers are totally custom designs.- designed and manufactured in house to provide us with exactly the performance parameters we need for each model.

james
    I note some Bryston models bear a passing resemblance to some Axiom models, e.g. the Bryston A1 to the Axiom M100, at least the TTMMBB configuration ...

~ Bill

Win10/Foobar2000 => Topping D90 DAC => Sonic Frontiers Line 1 SE+ preamp => VTV Purifi 1ET400A stereo amp with Sparkos SS3602 op amps => Zaph Audio ZRT speakers (DIY) + PSB Subsonic 5 subwoofer

Hi Bill

Yes our A Series has a few changes and benefits vs the Axioms but they are more similar than different. The T Series is a different speaker from any of the Axiom models. Axiom is a terrific company with terrific engineering skills and facilities to develop loudspeakers. Our relationship has really evolved into more of a partnership than an OEM relationship.

james

Review of Bryston Signature T’s (L/R), Centre T, Model T (Rears) & dual Model T Subs

Marc Richman 4/27/14

I had been loyal to a famous high end loudspeaker manufacturer for 20 years, owning multiple of their products exclusively without disappointment. I had their top of the line products in my living room system driven by a Bryston SP3 and Bryston amps. But when I visited the Bryston room at CES 2014, I was literally blown away by the demo of the Middle T’s. I knew before leaving the room that I needed to bring home at least a pair to try. After browsing the brochure and a couple of emails with James, I decided a change more significant was in order. I took a large leap and replaced my hybrid stereo / home theater living room system with all Bryston Model T products. This ended up being a very wise decision.

Marks Room.jpg

Out of the box, the Signature T’s sounded just amazing. They sounded like a break-in was not needed, not what I am used to experiencing. I spent quite a bit of time listening to stereo music before I installed the other loudspeakers for surround duties.

The Centre T initial experience was a little different. It sounded good but a break-in period seemed like it was needed. After some fairly easy placement and tuning, I enjoyed the Bryston’s for a few weeks and experienced their gradual opening up during break-in. The break-in period was longer and more gradual than normal, but absolutely worth the wait. I now experience the same blown away experience nightly.

The Bryston model T series exhibits everything that one might expect in fine loudspeakers:

• Outstanding clarity, imaging, musicality, and sound staging
    • Ability to “disappear”; project sonic images far beyond the enclosures
    • Hear details that you have not heard before, even from source material you have owned for decades (!)
    • Sound great at all volume levels
    • At ease with subtle content as well as those with large dynamics
    • Visually pleasing

I once attended a demo where I heard what is now one of my favorite expressions, “You should never be afraid of your stereo system”. While watching movies, I no longer need to have the volume control within reach in case of a large dynamic, the Bryston’s just continue singing. They seem to beg for more volume, especially with clean music content. C’mon, turn me up! I also don’t think the subs are capable of clipping, they just sit there and smile at you as they rock your house. When I have people over, I now get larger reactions than I am used to. The Bryston’s seem to blow everyone away.

James, you and the Bryston team have produced an exemplary set of products. Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for elevating my listening pleasure to a height I would never have imagined possible.

These are the finest loudspeakers I have ever owned, yet not the most expensive. And when paired with Bryston electronics and WireWorld cables, it is an experience not to be missed.

Respectfully,
    Marc Richman

Hi james, just signed up here on AudioShark. What a great bunch of guys eh.

It's been a fun first day.

Acoustical Systems, AMG, Aqua Acoustic Quality, Audeze, Audio Desk, Audible illusions, Audioquest, Aurender, Bryston, CH Precision, Chord Electronics, Constellation Audio, Dynaudiol, Fyne Audio, Grado labs, Ikeda, JL Audio, Kondo, Kronos, Kubala Sosna, Lumin, Luxman, Lyra, Magico, Nordost, PS Audio, Roon, Shunyata, SME, Sugden, Tenor, Tannoy, Vertere, VPI and ZYX.

www.audiobymarkjones.ca

Welcome Mark!

james

I wanted to share my overall impression of the recent “growth” of my new system.

DSC02681.jpg

As I have expressed before, I am extremely happy with the combination of Bryston components and the addition of Stillpoints Ultra-5’s and the Analysis + cabling, power cords and interconnects. I started this adventure with the purchase of the Bryston Middle T speakers and reference Analysis + products. I appreciated the marked improvement with the new speakers, even while using my 90s vintage amp and pre-amp. In my opinion, the Middle Ts represent great value for the money and perform significantly better than the speakers I was using (also 90s vintage) or anything else I had heard in that price range. I did use the new Analysis + cabling with my old speakers and heard obvious performance improvements in them before hooking up my new Middle Ts. Between the new speakers and the improved cabling/interconnects/power cords, I was surprised at the improved sound quality I was getting out of my old equipment.

The improvement took a significant jump once I added 8 Stillpoints Ultra-5’s to replace the spike feet I was using to support the Bryston Middle Ts. I immediately noticed a much tighter and accurate bottom end, better separation of the bass, mid’s and hi’s and a more defined and dimensional sound stage. Again, this is while still using my old equipment. I would add that the adapters you provided allowed me to securely attach the Ultra-5’s to the Bryston speakers' outriggers, and I can now reposition the speakers much more easily than before.

I subsequently received the Bryston B-135 Integrated amp, and quickly enjoyed improved sound stage, separation, and a much better handling of the bottom end. Bass passages that had previously dropped off or were indiscernible mush suddenly had presence and definition; the hi’s and mid’s are very clean.

Not long after, I added the Bryston Bit 15 power conditioner and was surprised yet again to almost immediately hear even better separation, tighter bass and expanded sound stage.

Finally, after getting used to listening to my new system with the incremental additions noted, I used 3 more Stillpoints Ultra-5’s to support the Bryston B-135 and again immediate improvements were noted; primarily a further expansion of sound stage dimension and yet more distinction between the instruments and vocals being presented.

I have been attending quite a few live performances of late, and am consequently very impressed with how accurate and natural this new system is. I enjoy closing my eyes while listening and “seeing” where the musicians seem to be positioned; I hear so much more from these recordings than ever before. I I look forward to the day when I have replaced my current system sound source, while decent, is not of the same caliber as this new equipment. I am sure I will be surprised once again by the enhanced listening experience.

Norm

Happy customer!

James

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: May-12-14 9:51 PM
    To: James Tanner
    Subject: Thank you sir!

James

Thanks again for a fantastic day. I was expecting just a brief tour and lunch, not to take your entire afternoon. That was most generous.

Those demos were fabulous and thanks for the opportunity to visit your house.

Best
    Marc

Thanks (Sent from mobile phone)

Customer Feedback – Bryston Mini T Speakers

Sent: May-23-14 11:20 AM

Hi James

I can't believe how good the Mini T speakers are.

They embarrass other speakers...period...forget cost or size comparisons. They sound like a full range speaker, just in a compact cabinet. They need power to do their thing. I run them with subs crossed over and only really handling 35hz and below and the sound is fantastic. Get's me curious about the Bryston subs...

I really appreciate the Mini T's size/flexibility for the sake of placement (gives me a lot of options for sub placement). In a different or larger room I'd go with the towers - and I anticipate doing so...

I "sell" them to every friend I have because I want to see the line succeed.

I am truly impressed, and in for the long haul with Bryston speakers. I will be owning more...this design has hit the nail on the head for me - clean, clear, open, dynamic, no listening fatigue, and they don't care what you play - Rock, reggae, classical, accoustic, live, studio, it all sounds balanced and clean.

Additional kudos to BDP 1/BDA 2 - unbelievable front end

Look forward to hearing the new tweeter, though I've had no reason for complaint thus far!!!

Loving the gear!!

Matt

Bryston Speaker – Dealer Feedback!

Bryston A2 Speaker

Hi James

Every now and then a surprise comes along—one that is both unexpected and beyond what you would expect.

This was certainly the case with the new Bryston A2 speakers.

The magnitude of their presentation from a modest cabinet was most unexpected! From the rich deep bass to the transparency of the snare rim shots these speakers just made music like Boz Scaggs’ Thanks to You come alive.

For anyone looking for a speaker in this price range I give my highest recommendation!

Sincerely,

David Puls
    Pulsworks Audio Arts
    david@pulsworks.com

Hi Folks,

It’s great to get feedback from happy customers on our products but the attached is special as it is from one of our long time dealers and a gentleman that is very hard to please when it comes to speakers!!!

James Tanner

Capture.JPG

MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
    SUBJECT: Bryston DEALER Feedback

Hi James,

I'm currently listening to a rather odd but exquisite performance of Sofia Gubaidulina's Canticle of the Sun. It's a very haunting sound, driven primarily by strings and percussion. I can really only listen to it when my mind is at peace .

Here again, the Middle T delivers amazing purity of tone as well as astonishing resolution and presence of the percussion instruments. This piece is 75% micro dynamics and I believe such music demands a resolute three way design. Again, I have not heard another speaker do this music better (and I've heard a few!).

A customer of mine, who bought his Middle Ts at the same time as I, has them in front of a really top tier system--somewhere you might not normally find a $5400 speaker. He has commented a few times how beautiful his system is sounding --and he previously had a pair of world renowned monitor speakers which cost a fair chunk more than the Middle T.

It would be easy I think to pass the T series speakers as all slam and no finesse, at first glance. Such a response is the result of the many average to poor multi driver designs littered throughout the AV industry. The reality is the T series--the Middle T in particular-- is capable of astonishing inner beauty.

Call me a very happy customer

Thanks again,
    James, Absolute Audio Video, Calgary

Sent: May-29-14 1:43 PM
    Subject: Speakers

Hello M Tanner.

We had the pleasure to me at the Montreal audio show me and my wife, M Russell took a picture of her in front of your Model T white.

Anyway I had the chance to listen to the Middle T, wow what a speaker, we really like the sound of it and the size. The bass is present, we don't have any frequencies that go over the others, very well made.

Can you tell me what kind of wood is the finish, because we are not sure about the colors you are offering, from what we saw at the audio show, the picture on the web site doesn't show the real color or effect from the wood.

I'm very happy with my Bryston amp and DAC, my next purchase gonna be the Middle T and the Mini center, I'm gonna wait the rear when you gonna come with your new back surround.

Thank you

Robert Caron

NEW TWEETERS:

Sent: June-02-14 2:56 PM
    Subject: Re: New Bryston Tweeter

Hi James,

I will try to explain my impressions so far although I am not a musician so I may not have the vocabulary.

The differences I recognize can be summarized as "more natural".
    It is like letting the tweeter perform in a somewhat bigger room than before. More airy and therefore also a better complement to the mid. It feels like they are more on the same level somehow. Earlier the sound was a little more in the face (a little more obtrusive) and now it is more natural but still as detailed as before.

Once again do not get me wrong, the Middle T was a great speaker from the start. I am only talking about small details, which might even be only personal taste. I am so satisfied and will stick to my Bryston Middle Ts. I left my PMC journey and I do not intend to go back.

Best Regards,
    Mattias Biörs

Subject: Re: New tweeters
    Date: June 2, 2014 at 9:19:08 PM EDT

Hi James

I would summarize the new tweeters in a few simple words - silkyness, airiness, and a much more natural and accurate presentation... jazz cymbals sound three dimensional now ..and vocals or speech sound much more natural and "right".

The new tweeters also blend beautifully with the other drivers in my opinion..the speakers are even more coherent and holistic now...and create a much deeper and well defined soundstage ...in a nutshell - it draws you into the music now..and one forgets the equipment completely....)

Cheers from Singapore !

Tom

SUBJECT: New Bryston Speaker Dealer

We would like to welcome ‘Engaged Audio’ in the U.S.A. as our latest Bryston Speaker Dealer.

Engaged.jpg

Engaged Audio - Lehigh Valley High Performance Audio Video

10418161_245367625654964_4622143427525943769_n.jpg

james

All set ready to go James!

image.jpg

Model T Boston Cherry with Outriggers.jpg

Paul

SUBJECT: Bryston Welcomes Another Speaker Dealer

June 2014

We would like to welcome ‘Glubes AV’ in Nova Scotia’ as our latest Bryston Speaker Dealer.

Capture.JPG
    Capture2.JPG

SUBJECT: DEALER FEEDBACK MODEL T SPEAKERS

June, 2014

Hi James,

The T's are sounding great!

Model T Boston Cherry with Outriggers.jpg

Do you by any chance like Grado headphones and cartridges?

To me, the Grado sound has always been: great bass, slightly "warm" midrange and highs, plenty of dynamics. To me the T's sound as if Grado made a great set of floor-standing speakers

Driving them with the $20k, 300W Mark Levinson 532. Bass is extended and tight. Nice smooth transitions between the drivers. Great off-axis response. Mids and highs have a slight warm character to them.

I highly suspect these are a perfect match for your amps. I'll have to grab a 4B for display soon....

Paul V Kraft
    President
    Engaged Audio Video

Hi Folks

Got a copy of the preliminary review in Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity by John Johnson Jr - hows this for some great text!!!!

Full review showing all measurements should be up next week.

james

On the audio side however, this is definitely a heavyweight. It produces a huge soundstage, very low fall-off at off-axis listening positions, and a flat frequency response down to 20 Hz. You
    read that correctly: 20 Hz. This is one of the only speakers I have ever tested that does well in the bench tests at 20 Hz. So, you don't need a subwoofer (that doesn't mean you can't add a couple of subs to blow the windows out with movies if you wish).

I was simply amazed at the sound.

Bryston didn't cut any corners when they designed the Middle T. However, they did add some corners on the enclosure to minimize parallel surfaces that would cause standing waves inside. A rap with the knuckles on the enclosure indicates heavy damping, which minimizes resonance.

The Bench Tests were astounding.

Hi Folks,

Got this from the Middle T reviewer today:

Hi James

“The Middle T's outperform every full range speaker I have tested, with respect to the low end extension and wide dispersion.

I haven’t ever tested any speaker of any size whose woofer would go to 20 Hz in a flat response, as well as have distortion of less than 10%.

I don’t know how you did it!”

John E. Johnson, Jr., Ph.D.
    Editor-in-Chief
    Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

SUBJECT: - Quote - “I WAS AMAZED AT THE SOUND”

June 2014

HI Folks,

Stellar review on the Bryston ‘MIDDLE – T’ speaker from the Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity Magazine:

Please ‘note’ not only the reviewers excellent listening observations but also the exceptional technical specifications and measurements of the “BRYSTON MIDDLE – T” loudspeakers.

My favorite quote from John is:

“They outperform every full range speaker I have tested, with respect to the low end extension and wide dispersion.

I haven’t ever tested any speaker of any size whose woofer would go to 20 Hz in a flat response, as well as have distortion of less than 10%.

I don’t know how you did it!”

John E. Johnson, Jr., Ph.D.
    Editor-in-Chief
    Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Hi Folks,

Have a full 4 page PDF of the review - please email me if you want a copy - jamestanner@bryston.com

Sent: June-18-14 9:57 AM
    To: jamestanner@bryston.com
    Subject: Mini-T review @ Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

Hi James,

Happy client from Singapore - got 2 weeks ago my 4 new tweeters on Signature large T's ... I can't say I did any comparisons but have a feeling its easier on my ears and it looks nicer Driven by bryston 4b-sst2

I just enjoy it ... i loved how B&W 802Ds look ... but they cost twice as much or more and I know I'd long for fuller-range speaker ... anyhow - thank you for designing something which is what I'd call 'affordable' but Ive spent before 2/3rd of the cost of T's on speakers and difference is HUGE THANK YOU !!! I just play and enjoy ... and maybe it sounds better when played louder, but to be honest, I love when I feel soundwaves hitting not only my ear-drums but my body too

Though i don't need any more reviews to make a purchasing decision, I’d love to read how impressed SOHT&HF was !

Thank you !

Best Regards,
    zoran

Hi Folks,

Just have my Bryston speakers.the mini t's are in house awaiting to be hooked up.

The build quality is fantastic folks.They are really impressive to see. My dealer wants to hear them after I get them set up.

Now to get things up and running.

Really really pleased with Bryston and the Good people who run the ship.

There is no better service out there.trust me ...I know.

Brandon

June 2014

We would like to welcome ‘Performance Home Theatre, Sanger California’ as our latest Bryston Speaker Dealer.

Capture.JPG

June 2014

We would like to welcome ‘EAR NETWORKS in NEW YORK’ as our latest Bryston Speaker Dealer:

Capture.JPG

June 2014

We would like to welcome ‘STUDIO HI-FI STORE in the Czech Republic’ as our latest Bryston Speaker Dealer:

Capture.JPG

HIFISTORE.cz - specialista na audio video komponenty nejvyšší kvality | E-shop

June 2014

We would like to welcome ‘DEDICATED AUDIO in SCOTTSDALE ARIZONA’ as our latest Bryston Speaker Dealer:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

SUBJECT: New Bryston Speaker Dealer

We would like to welcome ‘AUDIO EDEN’ in Aurora Ontario as our latest Bryston Speaker Dealer.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Home - AUDIO EDEN

SUBJECT: DEALER FEEDBACK

Jul 1, 2014

Hi James,

Here’s the Photo!

Untitled1.png

I love the new sound of the Bryston Speakers.

The sound stage has expanded with a seamless smooth performance.

The Model T’s have an effortless energy that really leaves you feeling refreshed afters hours of listening.

Bryston speakers are a clear break through in Home Theater.

Thank You James Tanner

James Kliewer
    Custom Home Theaters
    USA

SUBJECT: - Bryston Speakers - Birth & Evolution

July 2014

HI Folks,

Please see below a link to a recent article about the birth and evolution of the Bryston Loudspeakers written by David McCallum.

Report on Bryston?s T-Series Loudspeakers | My HiFi Life

David is a 20-year audio professional who works as a Sound Designer and Supervising Sound Editor for films and television. A partner at Tattersall Sound & Picture in Toronto, David has traveled the world to practice his craft, spending time at studios in Paris, London, Sao Paulo, San Francisco, Reykjavík and Amsterdam.

David’s complete profile can be found here:

About | My HiFi Life

SUBJECT: - Bryston Speakers - Birth & Evolution

July 2014

HI Folks,

Please see below a link to a recent article about the birth and evolution of the Bryston Loudspeakers written by David McCallum.

Report on Bryston’s T-Series Loudspeakers | My HiFi Life

David is a 20-year audio professional who works as a Sound Designer and Supervising Sound Editor for films and television. A partner at Tattersall Sound & Picture in Toronto, David has traveled the world to practice his craft, spending time at studios in Paris, London, Sao Paulo, San Francisco, Reykjavík and Amsterdam.

David’s complete profile can be found here:

About | My HiFi Life

Great article! I had the opportunity to audition the Model T passives last week and must say all of David's accolades as well as the many other reviews and postings I found to be true so I won't repeat them here. If that's not enough the T's were standing right next to a pair of Revel Ultima Salon 2's. I was able to A/B them point blank. The Salons are a wonderful speaker and quite a piece of audio bling to be sure. Although they do some things better, the T's more than hold their own in all categories at 40% the price of the Salons. Their build quality is excellent and the standard Boston Cherry wood finish is beautiful. Standing next to the Salons did not diminish either.

My short list to replace the Infinity 9 Kappas are the above two, Marten Django XL, ML Summit X or Montis and Acoustic Zen Crescendo. I am now leaning heavily toward the T's. That being said David commented near the end of his article that the Model T Signatures are the best sounding Bryston Speaker currently. This begs the question for me as to what sound improvements the outboard X over makes over the passives. I don't see ever going to the active upgrade so my decision as to whether to go with the passives or Signatures would be strictly sound quality.

If anyone can shed some light on this I sure would appreciate it. I know it's been discussed before early on but I'm thinking by now more people have been able to compare the two.

95DYNA

SUBJECT: Distributor Feedback - MINI A SPEAKER

Hello James,

The Bryston Model A Mini goes in the Bryston philosophy - the performance first. The speaker looks rather ordinary. It does not come with a grille* and you can see the hex screws protruding from the front panel (larger Bryston speakers look much nicer, though, especially in wood veneer).

Mini A.jpg

But once your hear the speaker, you forget about this quickly. Mini A needs about 20 - 30 hours of burn-in. Then it presents an unbelievably clean and balanced sound. The bass range is definitely present and subjectively goes well below the 60 Hz specification stated. The range is very clean with no bass bloom or bass peaks, which are often used in small speakers to beef up the bass (at a cost of distortion and unevenness).

The midrange also has a surprisingly low distortion for this price range. In comparison with twice as expensive loudspeaker from a well respected manufacturer, the voices and instruments sounded clearly more natural and closer to their real sound.

The highs benefit from the use of the new version of Bryston tweeter, which could be found even in the top-of-the-range Bryston Model T. The spatial presentation of instrument images is great. The subjective sensitivity of the speaker is relatively low but it can play at quite high volume in a small room. The dynamic capability also goes beyond its price range.

In conclusion – again in the range of small bookshelf speakers, Bryston is again very successful with this Mini A loudspeaker!

Vaclav Skarda
    Distributor, Czech Republic

*The Mini A speaker does have a grill available now.

Hi Folks

The below comments are what in my opinion this business is all about!

SUBJECT: Mini Ts have breathed new life into my recordings

July 2014

Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014
    Subject: Speakers: Mini Ts

In January I had the good fortune (as it turned out) to be encouraged to audition a pair of Mini T speakers.

I admit that beforehand I was a bit skeptical as I'd always known Bryston primarily for it power amplification expertise. Long story short is that once I head the Mini Ts there was no turning back.

A few days ago I bought a pair of the Bryston speakers and they have changed the way I hear music. Since buying the Mini Ts I've had a bit of time to listen to them and everything I remember from my January audition has come back in all of its textured and rich sonic detail.

Simply put, these speakers make music soar. The sound-stage they present the listener is deep, wide and perfectly balanced. The speakers give an amazing sense of presence to the music (as in you are there live). One of the most enjoyable things the Mini Ts have done is breathed new life into my favorite recordings by presenting the music fully and as it was recorded with all of its nuance, power and dynamics.

I am very glad I auditioned the Mini Ts, and I am extremely glad I now own a pair.

Sincerely,
    Charles Morrisey

SUBJECT: Bryston Model T Speakers – GLOSS FINISH

July 2014

Hi Folks,

I am pleased to announce that we will be offering White and Black Gloss finishes on all our Model T Series speakers.

Montreal 2014.jpg

White Gloss Model T’s Shown Above

As you may know Gloss finishes require much more labour as they require many multiple coats of paint to be applied and sanding and smoothing in between each coat. As a result there will be approximately a 40% premium on the Gloss finish versions of all the Model T Series speakers.

james

HI Folks,

Sneak Peek:

Have an excellent review coming shortly on the Bryston Middle T speakers in Home Theater Review magazine by Brent Butterworth.

Capture.JPG

Performance:

I’m just gonna cut to the chase and say that the Middle T sounded so good that I listened to it mostly just for pure pleasure.

Whenever I picked up a new (or old) record or bought a new download off Amazon, I was always eager to hear how it sounded through the Brystons. That’s not usually the case with speakers I have in for review; typically I focus on getting the review done so that I can get back to my (EDIT).

Hi James,

Hope you are doing well. The tweeters seemed to have passed the break-in period. I was expecting more or better treble, and instead witnessed a significant personality change of the speakers. It's like another dimension was added. The added sense of air, reality, clarity, space, and definition is really incredible - both in stereo and surround sound.

You and your team have exceeded expectations again - thank you, well done!

Respectfully,
    Marc

Thanks Marc,

The new tweeter is much better at producing energy on and off axis and the resonance point has been lowered substantially so I agree it manifests itself on a much more dimensional sonic presentation. Enjoy!!

james

James,

Hope you guys will see your way to manufucturing an active Middle T in the future.

The tweeters seemed to have passed the break-in period.
    James,

How long is this break-in period Marc mentions?

...witnessed a significant personality change of the speakers.
    James,

Is this a quality of manufacture issue?

Hi John

I do not see an active Middle T in the future as active systems are not very popular and they are much more complicated to put together for people.

I would say about 30 hours on the break-in time.

No not a QC issue - the new tweeters were a redesign and replaced the older style tweeters.

james

Hi Folks,

Sneak Peek:

Sound and Vision magazine in the USA did a review on a complete Bryston Speaker Surround System. Mini T's (L.R.), AC-1 Mini Center, Mini A's (Surrounds) and Mini T Sub.

Capture.JPG

COMMENT:

With final placement settled, what I encountered was exceptionally neutral, uncolored reproduction, with as complete an absence of discrete response anomalies as I’ve ever heard.

Hi John

I do not see an active Middle T in the future as active systems are not very popular and they are much more complicated to put together for people.

james
    Hi James,

That's a shame. I guess Linn Products have this market pretty well sewn-up, where active systems are more like compulsory rather than simply being popular. If I remain with boxes, as opposed to Magneplanars for instance, I'll just have to keep an eye out for an old pair of Linn Espeks and see where I go from there.

Hi John

I would say about 30 hours on the break-in time.

james
    Hi James,

What's changing within the tweeter assembly during this time?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Bryston speakers