Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

LAT International cables

I'm curious to learn of anyone's experience with LAT International cables. I see that Joe uses the SS-3000 Signature bi-wire speaker cables, and it's priced very reasonably for what is claimed to be a reference quality product. I have found several very favorable user comments on their interconnects but can't find anything about these speaker cables. Any comments on LAT cables in general or specific comparisons to other cables would be helpful and most appreciated. Joe commented in a posting that he loved the SS-3000 cables but nothing further that I can find. What I really want to know is whether their top products are truly reference quality, or if they're a good value but not really competitive with the best. Thanks in advance for your time. This is my first post here, and I have already found it to be a valuable resource.

Super Moderator

Re: LAT International cables

Hi Bill,

Welcome to the forum! Thank you for the kind words.

I still love mine. Nick aka Veindoc may have ordered them and Jeff aka JJinID turned me onto them. He uses them.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

That's funny I often wondered about those cables in Joes sig, and always forget to ask about them. I never heard of them before and Joe runs some serious speakers off them. They must be pretty darn good.
    And yes welcome to the forum!!!
    Steve

TUBES & VINYL
    Is there anything else?

Rega/Ortofon/Viva 300b/KR

Music Reference 2A3

Altec/JBL

Mine arrive this week. I will post comments in about 2 weeks.
    Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

Thanks for the kind welcome and responses, and I look forward to seeing Nick's comments on the cables!

Super Moderator

Bill,

I notice a big, smooth open sound stage. Detail without being harsh. Great dimension and clean without being bright. I find it difficult to describe cable differences but these seem awesome to me. Eventually I will experiment more but for now, very happy.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Joe, thanks very much for providing your perspective on the SS-3000 cables. Given the reference level of your equipment, if the cables had any shortcomings such as being too bright, grainy, or forward your system would certainly reveal them. I'm pleased to hear how happy you are with their level of performance.

I'm a big fan of LAT International cables as Joe mentioned. I first discovered them about 10 years ago when I tried a set of IC-100 interconnects in my system that at $125/pr at the time easily bested the Tributaries reference cables I had in my system back then. Over time I built out a full LAT International loom with power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables. Off and on I tried out other cables in my system, including dealers letting me demo very expensive Nordost, Cardas, Transparent, etc. and none of them were better enough if at all to justify spending the significant cost increase to make a change. Finally a couple of years ago I was convinced that I should upgrade to Wireworld SE, and I started introducing those power cords, speaker cables, and interconnects because they would "blow away" the LATs. That was a decision I wish I could take back now. I still use the WW SE power cords on my McIntosh MC501s, but the LAT AC-2 MKII power cords are better on my preamp and other sources. I've also gone back to LAT IC-300 interconnects and sold the WW SE 6 that I had. The new SS-3000 bi-wire speaker cables were a big surprise for me - much better then my previous LAT SS-800 MKII and also a clear winner over the Wireworld Silver Eclipse speaker cables that are 4x the retail cost that I have also now sold. As always, system matching and preferences should be considered, and there likely are "better" cables out there, but probably not at anywhere near the price. The fact that you can do an in-home 45 day trial to compare them is a great opportunity as well!
    McIntosh MC501s, XRT29s, XR27, WS350s
    ModWright LS 300 preamplifier
    ModWright PH 9.0XT phono stage
    Oppo UDP-205 with ModWright Signature Truth Tube Modifications
    Cambridge Audio CXNv2 with ModWright Truth Tube Modifications
    Clearaudio Performance SE TT with Hana ML MC cartridge
    Outlaw 7000x HT Amplifier
    Denon AVR-X4700H HT Receiver (pre-amp mode)
    JL Audio F113 subs with CR-1 Crossover
    ASC & RealTraps Panels; APS PurePower 2000; Daedalus Audio DiDs
    WyWires, LAT International, Wireworld Cables

JJinID, thanks for your input. I especially value your experience in declaring the SS-3000 cables as a clear winner over the Wireworld Silver Eclipse cables, as this helps to give me some perspective on their level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by veindoc View Post
    Mine arrive this week. I will post comments in about 2 weeks.
    Nick
    Nick, any thoughts on the LAT cables yet? I apologize in advance for being pushy, but I'm very interested in learning from your experience with them. Thanks!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Nick, any thoughts on the LAT cables yet? I apologize in advance for being pushy, but I'm very interested in learning from your experience with them. Thanks!
    +1

I'd like to know your thoughts as well.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I have two LAT Int. Signature 2 Plus power cables on the way. I have owned AC-2's before. These are supposed to be even better. My setup sounds fairly good right now. Running Nordost Purple Flare to amp and PS Audio Jewel to source atm. Will update after they break in. This is my first post here. Hello to the community.

Super Moderator

Welcome ekolite! Thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks Joe. Do you, or anyone else, know of System Audio speakers? They are a Danish speaker manufacturer. I have felt the need to add a new post about them. Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by ekolite View Post
    Thanks Joe. Do you, or anyone else, know of System Audio speakers? They are a Danish speaker manufacturer. I have felt the need to add a new post about them. Best regards.
    Welcome to the Shark, ekolite! I'm pretty familiar with several models of System Audio speakers and would be happy to participate in a discussion about them in a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ekolite View Post
    I have two LAT Int. Signature 2 Plus power cables on the way. I have owned AC-2's before. These are supposed to be even better. My setup sounds fairly good right now. Running Nordost Purple Flare to amp and PS Audio Jewel to source atm. Will update after they break in. This is my first post here. Hello to the community.
    Welcome ekolite! Be sure to let us know what you think of the new LAT International Signature 2's. I am breaking in a couple of them now myself that I just purchased. I decided to try them out since LAT is having their annual 20% off sale. I really like them so far!

Thanks for sharing Bill and JJ and thanks for all the welcomes everyone. Yes. I think I will call it the System Audio Appreciation Thread. Glad to hear you like the Signature 2 Plus cables there JJ. The spring sale was too hard to pass up for me as well. Will let you know what I think of them. Would be glad to know what you think after break in as well.

Well I have had them playing for a couple days now. So far most of the time I would call the sound more effortless. It seems they are still at a point where they are trying to be detailed and realistic without being harsh in the upper registers. What do you think so far JJ?

--UPDATE--
    After about 110 hours burn in time with reference tones and music the sound is quite lovely and everything is more controlled, more clear, and more musical.

I haven't been able to log much listening time lately, but so far I agree with you ekolite. I am finding the Signature 2's to definitely be a nice step up from the AC-2 MKII cables - more controlled is a good description for what I am hearing also, especially in the bass registers. They also seem more clear and surprisingly even more quiet. I've ended up using one with my ModWright LS100 preamp and one 20amp version on my PurePower 2000, and I really like what I am hearing. I've now finished the removal of all of the Wireworld Silver cables from my system and have gone back to my LAT's, and I'm very glad that I did - night and day improvement.

I am very tempted to try out the AC-3 Signature power cables with the optional Oyaide connectors at some point, although they are definitely more expensive than the Signature 2's.

I look for them to make an even better reference power cord utilizing the silver nano particles process. I don't think the AC-3 does. If I were you I would at least check and see if they are cause that is about triple the price of the Sig 2 and even more with the Oyaide's. Their reference interconnects use the silver nano process and so does the sig 2. I bet they sound pretty identical in performance. I am thinking of getting those IC-300's at some point.

That's a good point about the AC-3s - I had assumed that they would be using that also but it doesn't explicitly state that in the description. It would be worth asking Lou about. I also have the IC-300s and they are fantastic interconnects!

Let us know if you go for the AC-3's. I am still on the fence on the IC-300's. I am using Nordost Flatline Gold MKII as speaker cable and interconnect, which is the same as their Black Knight without the teflon. Basically Nordost's only all copper cables ever made. Pretty good detail and holographic soundstage and I'm just not sure if they would be worth it just yet.

If I do decide to go for the AC-3s it will be a while - possibly when they have their sale again next year. It does now state on the LAT web site that all cables are now using the silver nano particles. For now I think I'm good in terms of power cables - the new AC-2 Signatures are terrific, and my system is sounding the best that it has ever sounded - I'm really enjoying it!

Glad to hear it. Yeah those power cables are incredible. I swapped out the Lat's for my previous power cords and it was night and day. Practically not even listenable without the Lat's I have grown accustomed to. If I were to go with the IC-300 or the IC 200 Mk someday do you think I should stick with LAT for speaker cables as well? I would go for their best 12 gauge wire as I am in an apartment and really can't have much more bass right now. I did recently swap out my fuses for Hi Fi Tuning Supremes which made a nice musical difference so I have my upgrade fever much more in control now.

I still have a set of LAT's earliest speaker cables, which I use in one of my systems. The comment here make me want to try their newest power cord and speaker cables.

What I just did two days ago, is compare four USB cables. One is the LAT USB cable. The other three are Audioquest Carbon, Cardas Clear, an Neutral Audio (from Italy). To make a long story short, I prefer the LAT USB cable. The Audioquest is second and best for dynamics and impact, but a little too ear bleeding at higher volumes. The LAT is nicer to listen to, has great detail and vividness, and is a little more correct in tone than the Audioquest.
    I found the Cardas very balanced, but a bit too polite. The Neutral Audio was nice and full, but lacked low bass definition.

Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum, thank you for joining.

NAD C 658 streamer.

I just went to the LAT International site to check out their USB cable but it states that they have closed and all links are inactive.

Super Moderator

Sadly they closed doors a while ago. I had planned on ordering some more cables but could not.

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    I just went to the LAT International site to check out their USB cable but it states that they have closed and all links are inactive.

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquineous View Post
    I still have a set of LAT's earliest speaker cables, which I use in one of my systems. The comment here make me want to try their newest power cord and speaker cables.

What I just did two days ago, is compare four USB cables. One is the LAT USB cable. The other three are Audioquest Carbon, Cardas Clear, an Neutral Audio (from Italy). To make a long story short, I prefer the LAT USB cable. The Audioquest is second and best for dynamics and impact, but a little too ear bleeding at higher volumes. The LAT is nicer to listen to, has great detail and vividness, and is a little more correct in tone than the Audioquest.
    I found the Cardas very balanced, but a bit too polite. The Neutral Audio was nice and full, but lacked low bass definition.
    I have the LAT International USB cable and have also found it to be exactly as you described. I'm going to be auditioning the WyWires Platinum USB cable shortly and will post a comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Sadly they closed doors a while ago. I had planned on ordering some more cables but could not.
    I was too, Joe. Lou apparently was battling health issues for some time and finally had to close up shop. I did manage to purchase a few AC-3 power cords before he closed up and I really like them. I placed them on my three MC501 amps, and they made a nice improvement in dynamics, soundstage, and depth/weight to the sound. The AC-2 MKII power cords still work great on my preamp and sources, although I am experimenting with some WyWires digital power cords now since LAT went out of business.

Hi all,

I run a system cabled with LAT International all-through, including McIntosh MC501 monoblocs driving Shahinan Diapason with two sets of SS-1000 MkIIs, one set for the top modules, one for the subwoofer.

I can still get some SS-3000 cables and wanted to ask Joe - and for that matter, anybody else - whether they have compared the SS-1000 MkII to the SS-3000 and would consider it an upgrade or not.

After all, as far as I know, the SS-3000 only ever came out as a biwire-version, whereas my SS-1000 Mk IIs are full single-wire versions.

Thanks for all replies,

Florian Hassel

Super Moderator

Hi Florian,

Thank you so much for joining. Welcome to the forum.

I have never directly compared the cables but I absolutely love the LAT cables. It's sad that they went out of business but if you have the option to get the better model, go for it. I still have a pair in use and think they are great.

Quote Originally Posted by florianhassel View Post
    Hi all,

I run a system cabled with LAT International all-through, including McIntosh MC501 monoblocs driving Shahinan Diapason with two sets of SS-1000 MkIIs, one set for the top modules, one for the subwoofer.

I can still get some SS-3000 cables and wanted to ask Joe - and for that matter, anybody else - whether they have compared the SS-1000 MkII to the SS-3000 and would consider it an upgrade or not.

After all, as far as I know, the SS-3000 only ever came out as a biwire-version, whereas my SS-1000 Mk IIs are full single-wire versions.

Thanks for all replies,

Florian Hassel

NAD C 658 streamer.

Quote Originally Posted by florianhassel View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks for all replies,

Florian Hassel
    Hi Florian - I have not directly compared the SS-3000 to the SS-1000 MKII but I have compared to the SS-800 MKII which I used to own and Lou stated were very similar. The SS-3000 were a significant improvement in my system. I am using them on MC501 amps the same as you.

If you have access to them I would recommend the upgrade. I wish I could get a hold of one more pair of 1.5-2M balanced IC-300 interconnects for my system!

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

LAT International cables