Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Synergistic Research

Currently demo'ing a full set of Synergistic's cables with their Powercell. After roughly 20 hrs. imaging is more focused and there are better spatial cues coming from my speakers. The sound is ever so slightly "softer." Not rolled, just a touch softer across the entire range. I'm trying to decide if I like this more. Bass has improved spatially and has more weight. I have noticed a slight narrowing of my soundstage, however. The tiny blue LEDs on each and every cable are pretty if you're into that thing as well I'm going to let them settle for a week before I start swapping cables back and forth but I wanted to post my initial thoughts. Anyone else have experience with Synergistic Research?
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

Re: Synergistic Research

thnx for your initial impressions- I also am considering powercell 6se vs Audience adept 6. Active vs passive. Surge protection or no surge protection. I struggle as to the coloration SR may bring is pleasing or not after the initial wow of how different a system can sound with them. Let us know how they sound after a week or 2
    Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

So I've lived with a complete Synergistic Research "loom" for a few weeks and I have decided that it is hands down better than my prior cabling. It has given me such pinpoint focus of all images that I'm still in awe. There is more detail with a touch of smoothing and the noise floor - not that I had anything readily discernible - is deathly quiet. Depth, separation, AND accurate imaging to the inch!

My demo started with the Powercell and power cords for the first few days. Then we gradually added speaker cables and interconnects. Let me say, whatever Ted @ SR is doing, it's working. I couldn't be happier.

I cannot recommend an audition strongly enough. And if you are lucky enough to get one with a complete complement, give it a few days to really gel together. That is when the magic starts to happen. I could not overstate what it's done for my system even if I tried. Other than my Xs amps, NOTHING has made such a clear and convincing difference in my system. Enough said.
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

Audioshark
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkim View Post
    So I've lived with a complete Synergistic Research "loom" for a few weeks and I have decided that it is hands down better than my prior cabling. It has given me such pinpoint focus of all images that I'm still in awe. There is more detail with a touch of smoothing and the noise floor - not that I had anything readily discernible - is deathly quiet. Depth, separation, AND accurate imaging to the inch!

My demo started with the Powercell and power cords for the first few days. Then we gradually added speaker cables and interconnects. Let me say, whatever Ted @ SR is doing, it's working. I couldn't be happier.

I cannot recommend an audition strongly enough. And if you are lucky enough to get one with a complete complement, give it a few days to really gel together. That is when the magic starts to happen. I could not overstate what it's done for my system even if I tried. Other than my Xs amps, NOTHING has made such a clear and convincing difference in my system. Enough said.
    Mike, I've always liked their stuff. What line/models did you go with for sp and IC's?
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Mike:

All Element CTS series; right before the Galileo where prices shoot into space. Like you and so many others I've spoken with, I always had a disdain for any amount of silver in my cables. But, I realize that it's not so much the metal as how it's implemented...at least to my ears. Of course, YMMV.

The greatest part is I got to listen to the cabling with Magico, Raidho and, of course, my Dyns! So there are at least three manufacturers I hope to look to in the future without concern over synergy.
    Michael

Michael, did you try the different tuning bullets out? I use pretty basic cables but where a lot of people see boxes and things like these "bullets" as absurd, I think it's fascinating. As much technology and thought goes into some of these cables as other pieces of gear. Many of these cable manufacturers have been in business for a number of years so there has got to be more to it than just "snake oil." I was hoping to get the scoop on these bullets from a consumer and not a review.
    Doug

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by mdkim View Post
    Mike:

All Element CTS series; right before the Galileo where prices shoot into space. Like you and so many others I've spoken with, I always had a disdain for any amount of silver in my cables. But, I realize that it's not so much the metal as how it's implemented...at least to my ears. Of course, YMMV.

The greatest part is I got to listen to the cabling with Magico, Raidho and, of course, my Dyns! So there are at least three manufacturers I hope to look to in the future without concern over synergy.
    That's great to hear. I always like to find the sweet spot in a cable line. Spending 10 times to get that last .1% is not worth it IMO. I'm going to check them out a little closer at RMAF.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Doug:

As absurd as they look, the bullets do make a difference. I'm still running the demo units until my set arrives so I haven't entered full experiment mode but the silver bullets add a touch more air and extension. Too many and it adds a bit too much reverb/Hall effect for my tastes. Currently I'm running mostly grey (balanced) with I believe four silver bullets (in the power conditioner, digital cable, and speaker cables). I have not toyed with the black bullets yet.

The surprise for me was the effectiveness of the Tranquility Bases. They're easy to switch on and off so you can play with them to hear the difference. A touch of smoothing, better resolution and less noise.

I'm not sold on the Chinese tea cups they place everywhere but who knows since I thought the bullets were just a pretty blue light to try and justify pricing.

A one week demo should make anyone a believer. For me, the things sold themselves. If they were cheaper I wouldn't have even given them a second thought.
    Michael

Mike:

Have Ted, or whoever else is showing them, switch the bases and active shielding on/off. A real eye opener for me.

Scott Walker, my local SR dealer, is bringing Ted Denny over to listen to my system in a few weeks for some personal tweaking with the bullets. I'm pretty excited .
    Michael

Scott is a lovely guy. He lives so close to SR it is very convenient I bet for Denny to come by. Enjoy the tweaking session.
    Nick
    Nick

Main system :TAD CR1 speakers, Viola Labs Symphony amp,Pass XP-20 preamp., MSB Discrete DAC with twin power supplies and V2 Renderer module, Gigafoil V4 inline ethernet filter with uptone LPS-1 power supply with Ghent audio Gotham 2.1mm to 2.5mm cable and AG diamond ethernet cable, Sonicorbitor Roon Audiophile 6 TB network server-player , MG Audio Design Planus III jumpers & speaker cables, Zitron Cobra power cords, Shunyata Hydra AV, and acoustic zen absolute copper IC,. Room treatment ASC tower traps, Vicoustic absorber premium cinema wall and ceiling panels, and MSR acoustic trifusser side wall panel

I have a little experience, but with older Synergistic cables. I can say they were a big improvement over Kimber 8TC & PBJs as well as Tara Labs Prism speaker cables and several Tara ICs.

I am running with Kaleidoscope II ICs, and Signature 2 speaker cables.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

I made the mistake of asking for an audition of Synergistic Research's Galileo LE cables a few weeks ago. These are not the best pics but here they are in all their glory:

IMG_1731.JPG

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

In a nutshell, they are what the Synergistic Research "house" sound is (at least the Element CTS), but with more of it. The music flows incredibly effortlessly with a smooth and liquid presentation. Detail, while not the most revealing, is very good. The strength, however, of the SR cables is how well they pinpoint image everything/everyone and separate all of it on stage. Even at louder volumes there is no smearing. There is a sense of everything being less dynamic because of how smooth it sounds. That is until you put on a track you know well and realize that it's just the ease of the music's flow. I'm struggling with how I'm going to justify buying these things but I've found it difficult to go back to my CTS cables after swapping them in tonight.

I highly recommend an audition of SR if possible. They don't get as much press and their pseudo-science is difficult to grasp but, in my system, they sound ridiculous!
    Michael

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Synergistic Research