Do we have any Lamm fans here? ... - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do we have any Lamm fans here? ...

Oh, I will. I think you are 100% correct too. I am getting excited for the gear to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    I see you are selling your SF Evolutions...if you get your CJ gear before you sell your Evolutions...hook 'em up. I am going to take a W.A.G. that you will hear incredible magic. The SF does not need a lot of power to sound great...but it REALLY responds incredibly well to high quality, high current POWER. And while old-school CJ might be a bit like rich food with the SF...both the SF Evolution and the new CJ gear are more linear-sounding than their older predecessors. So I am guessing you might just get serious magic. Really serious.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Oh, I will. I think you are 100% correct too. I am getting excited for the gear to come in.
    Great...if you wouldn't mind posting what you heard when you hook up the full CJ Ref amps to the SF Evolutions, I would appreciate. I really liked my SF Guarneris a lot, truly an exquisite piece of work from Franco Serblin.
    SPEAKER: Wilson X1 / Velodyne DD18+
    SOURCE: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    AMP: CJ GAT 2 / Gryphon Colosseum
    CABLE: SC/IC: TA Opus (Gen5/MM2); PC: PAD 25th/Sablon GCUber
    16 ISOLATION SANDWICHES: Under: HRS/Stillpoints/Auralex Top: HRS/Artesania/Entreq/EAT/90kg Mass
    POWER/GROUNDING/SHIELDING: 7 x 16A Furutech / Burmester 948+Nordost QX4 / Tripoint TroySig+Thor / Entreq Atlantis/Receivus/Everest/Wraps
    ROOM/TUBE: Stillpoints Aperture / Amperex Mullard Telefunken Philips
    HEADPHONE: Arcam rHead/Apogee Groove / Sennheiser HD650

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    I see you are selling your SF Evolutions...if you get your CJ gear before you sell your Evolutions...hook 'em up. I am going to take a W.A.G. that you will hear incredible magic. The SF does not need a lot of power to sound great...but it REALLY responds incredibly well to high quality, high current POWER. And while old-school CJ might be a bit like rich food with the SF...both the SF Evolution and the new CJ gear are more linear-sounding than their older predecessors. So I am guessing you might just get serious magic. Really serious.
    +1
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do, but it takes 600+ hours for CJ gear to break in.
    Joe

Avantgarde Duo XD, JBL L100 (orange), Luxman MQ-300, JBL 4312SE 70th Anniversary,
    Pass XA25, McIntosh MCLK12, Job INTegrated, Cary 300B SE, JBL 4367, Revel Studio 2, JBL 4312D, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    +1
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe...My guess is the EAR combo will have a tough time with your TADs (not sure about the Revels). Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the SF Evos and EAR/CJ combos as Lloyd mentioned above.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

7. Likes Smp liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the EAR might be beefier than anticipated, my Dartzeel has no problem on the TADs. I am sure the CJ on the Evos will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Joe...My guess is the EAR combo will have a tough time with your TADs (not sure about the Revels). Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the SF Evos and EAR/CJ combos as Lloyd mentioned above.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe,

The LAMM ML3 seems like the pinnacle indeed. But once price factors in, I'm reminded that I can get a darTZeel NHB-458 for the same money, so out goes the LAMM...

alexandre

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly. The 458 would be a destination.

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    Joe,

The LAMM ML3 seems like the pinnacle indeed. But once price factors in, I'm reminded that I can get a darTZeel NHB-458 for the same money, so out goes the LAMM...

alexandre
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Currently using Lamm L2.1 pre and M1.2 mono blocks to drive JBL 4367 with no problem.

12. Likes joeinid liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4