Do we have any Lamm fans here? ... - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do we have any Lamm fans here? ...

Oh, I will. I think you are 100% correct too. I am getting excited for the gear to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    I see you are selling your SF Evolutions...if you get your CJ gear before you sell your Evolutions...hook 'em up. I am going to take a W.A.G. that you will hear incredible magic. The SF does not need a lot of power to sound great...but it REALLY responds incredibly well to high quality, high current POWER. And while old-school CJ might be a bit like rich food with the SF...both the SF Evolution and the new CJ gear are more linear-sounding than their older predecessors. So I am guessing you might just get serious magic. Really serious.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Oh, I will. I think you are 100% correct too. I am getting excited for the gear to come in.
    Great...if you wouldn't mind posting what you heard when you hook up the full CJ Ref amps to the SF Evolutions, I would appreciate. I really liked my SF Guarneris a lot, truly an exquisite piece of work from Franco Serblin.
    Source: Zanden 4-Box Digital
    Amp: CJ GAT2 + Gryphon Mephisto Stereo
    Speaker: Wilson X1 + Velodyne DD18+

Cable: TA Opus (Gen5 & MM2) + PAD 25th + Sablon GCUber
    Power: 7 Dedicated Lines Furutech + Burmester 948 + NordostQX4
    Isolation: Under: HRS+Stillpoints+Auralex Top: HRS+Artesania+Entreq+EAT+90kg Mass
    Ground/Shield: Tripoint Troy Sig & Thor + Entreq Atlantis / Receivus +Everest+Wrap
    Room/Tube: Stillpoints Apertures / Amperex + Mullard
    Headphone Setup: Sennheiser 650 + Arcam rHead + Apogee Groove

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LL21 View Post
    I see you are selling your SF Evolutions...if you get your CJ gear before you sell your Evolutions...hook 'em up. I am going to take a W.A.G. that you will hear incredible magic. The SF does not need a lot of power to sound great...but it REALLY responds incredibly well to high quality, high current POWER. And while old-school CJ might be a bit like rich food with the SF...both the SF Evolution and the new CJ gear are more linear-sounding than their older predecessors. So I am guessing you might just get serious magic. Really serious.
    +1
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Will do, but it takes 600+ hours for CJ gear to break in.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden Amp and Wooden preamp, AkitikA GT-102 power amplifier, Valvet E2, Avantgarde Duo XD, First Watt SIT-3, Luxman MQ-300, Job INTegrated, Job 250 Monos, Cary 300B SE, Klipsch RP-160M, Klipsch RB-75, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, ASL Wave monos, Kimber Kables, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables, Burmester 948, Linear Tube Audio MZ2, Bricasti M1SE, Naim Supernait 2, Lumin U1 mini, McIntosh MCLK12, Conrad Johnson GAT2, Pass Labs XA25.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    +1
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe...My guess is the EAR combo will have a tough time with your TADs (not sure about the Revels). Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the SF Evos and EAR/CJ combos as Lloyd mentioned above.
    Cyril
    Speakers/Amp/Preamp: Thiel CS2.4 / ARC Ref 110 / ARC Ref 3
    Sources: Basis 2001/Graham2.2/Nagra BPS/Benz Micro Glider SL, Dynavector 20X2-L, ARC CD7, Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Cables/Power/Other: Nordost Heimdall ICs, SCs / Shunyata Hydra 8, Shunyata Python Helix PC / VPI 16.5, HRS Nimbus isolation system

7. Likes Smp liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the EAR might be beefier than anticipated, my Dartzeel has no problem on the TADs. I am sure the CJ on the Evos will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
    Joe...My guess is the EAR combo will have a tough time with your TADs (not sure about the Revels). Would be interested to hear your thoughts on the SF Evos and EAR/CJ combos as Lloyd mentioned above.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Joe,

The LAMM ML3 seems like the pinnacle indeed. But once price factors in, I'm reminded that I can get a darTZeel NHB-458 for the same money, so out goes the LAMM...

alexandre

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly. The 458 would be a destination.

Quote Originally Posted by asiufy View Post
    Joe,

The LAMM ML3 seems like the pinnacle indeed. But once price factors in, I'm reminded that I can get a darTZeel NHB-458 for the same money, so out goes the LAMM...

alexandre
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Currently using Lamm L2.1 pre and M1.2 mono blocks to drive JBL 4367 with no problem.

12. Likes joeinid liked this post

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4