Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

How About Showing Us Some Pictures Of Your PMC Speakers?

Here are some pictures of my PMC OB1i's!!!

Last edited by jwhite613; April 12, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Awesome pics Jeff. Which model are they?
    Bob

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.

Bob... Thanks. They are the OB1i's.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Jeff

AMP: McIntosh MC402 PRE: McIntosh C2300 Digital: Gold Note DS-10 & PSU-10 EVO TURNTABLE: Dr. Feickert Blackbird PHONO STAGE: Gold Note PH-10 & PSU-10 SPEAKERS: Aerial Acoustics Model 8B’s

“The more you tighten your grip Tarkin the more star systems will slip through your fingers”

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite613 View Post
    Bob... Thanks. They are the OB1i's.
    Thanks Jeff. I didn't see that you included the model at the top of your post.

Old eyes LOL!!!!!
    Bob

Heroes don't wear capes, they wear dogtags.

Jeff.....thank you. You are the man of your words.

Looks good Jeff
    Paul

Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Jeff, PMC, anything to do with Bryston?
    ~ Bob ~
    "And it Stoned me to my Soul" Van Morrison
    ClickAudiophile Audition
    Snoopy as the Red Baron attack
    Avatar = The Alan Parsons Project - Eye in the Sky (1982 - orbiting)

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    Jeff, PMC, anything to do with Bryston?
    Bob... Jeff Whitlock or James Tanner of Bryston would be better at answering that question.
    Last edited by jwhite613; April 12, 2013 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Whoops! Fixed James Last Name

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMcIntosh View Post
    Jeff.....thank you. You are the man of your words.

Looks good Jeff
    Paul... It's getting there.

Jeff

Should've read the title first :confused:. Always wanted to try PMC...bet they sound great.
    Last edited by mdkim; April 12, 2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Michael

Magico S5s; PASS Labs Xs150s and Xs preamplifier; Lumin A1; Synergistic Research Galileo LE Powercell, Galileo LE speaker cables and interconnects, Galileo LE Analog and Digital power cords, Transporter Ultra SE, Tranquility Bases, MiGs, HFTs, XOTs, FEQ, Vibratron and Bass Station.

IB2i in walnut

newroom64.jpg
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Quote Originally Posted by mdkim View Post
    Should've read the title first :confused:. Always wanted to try PMC...bet they sound great.
    Michael... I am very happy with them!

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jwhite613 View Post
    Bob... Jeff Whitlock or James Bryston would be better at answering that question.
    ...James Tanner?
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

...James Tanner?
    Bob... Yes, James Tanner. I guess I had a brain fart!

Jeff

Jeff, I simply asked because I would love to know your own take on your own PMC speakers.

After all you bought them, because obviously you like them sound, and you must know a thing or two on the relation between PMC speakers and Bryston electronics. They are both Canadian companies (sorry, only Bryston is; PMC is UK). ...And Bryston was using/still using PMC speakers to listen to the music from Bryston amps, preamps, CD players, separate DACs, Crossovers, and SSPs.

But now Bryston is manufacturing their own Bryston speaker's brand.

Still, PMC speakers are well established in our world, and some of them are the best.
    Last edited by NorthStar; April 12, 2013 at 07:11 PM. Reason: (edit)
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

PMC is from the UK....Bryston from Canada, PMC is the Distributor of Bryston electronics over in the UK, PMC uses some of Bryston amps in there active line of speakers, PMC and Bryston have paired many times at shows, Bryston use to be the US and Canadian distributor for PMC several years back but PMC has there own distribution now.
    Dealer / Manufacture Disclosure:

Jeff Whitlock
    A/V Solutions / Unity Audio Design
    www.avsolutionsca.com

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Ah! ...UK/Canada partnership. ...And US.
    Last edited by NorthStar; April 12, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Quote Originally Posted by A/V Solutions View Post
    PMC is from the UK....Bryston from Canada, PMC is the Distributor of Bryston electronics over in the UK, PMC uses some of Bryston amps in there active line of speakers, PMC and Bryston have paired many times at shows, Bryston use to be the US and Canadian distributor for PMC several years back but PMC has there own distribution now.
    Jeff... Thanks! I knew you could say it better than me.

Jeff

Jeff, I simply asked because I would love to know your own take on your own PMC speakers.

After all you bought them, because obviously you like them sound, and you must know a thing or two on the relation between PMC speakers and Bryston electronics. They are both Canadian companies. ...And Bryston was using/still using PMC speakers to listen to the music from Bryston amps, preamps, CD players, separate DACs, Crossovers, and SSPs.

But now Bryston is manufacturing their own Bryston speaker's brand.

Still, PMC speakers are well established in our world, and some of them are the best.
    Bob... I knew of the connection. I just thought Jeff or James could answer it better than me. I actually bought my speakers without ever hearing them first. I had narrowed my choices at the time to three pairs of speakers; 1) B&W 803D's [Dealer Demos] 2)Tannoy Glenair 15's [Audiogon LIsting in my state] & 3)PMC Ob1i's. [Demo Pair from Audio Classics]. The B&W's I home demoed for one week. The Dealer and I had an argument on price & soured mt taste for the B&W's. The Tannoy's were from an Audiogon member and no support in my area. The PMC's were an Audio Classics demo pair and were priced very reasonably. Also I could have returned them for a refund minus shipping after so much time (I think it's like 2 weeks) or trade them in within one year with AC's speaker upgrade program. When the year rolled around I was still quite happy with them and had no interest to upgrade. I really like their sound. I play music on them for hours on end and I never have any listening fatigue what so ever.

Jeff

Well, both Jeffery's, thank you for your feedback; much appreciated comin' from two very fine gentlemen like you both.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

Re: How About Showing Us Some Pictures Of Your PMC Speakers?

Jeff....Are you coming back soon ? We all miss you ....BIG time....
    Paul

Re: How About Showing Us Some Pictures Of Your PMC Speakers?

Good that you just mentioned Doug, because I thought about Jeff quite often; every week as a matter of fact.
    ~ Bob ~
    ClickAudiophile Audition

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

How About Showing Us Some Pictures Of Your PMC Speakers?