Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Exclamation Lumin with Audrivana

Hi Peter,

I have trouble to locate my D2 under the Built in audio from the drop down menu. It seems even thru UPnP I cannot find it from my home network. Here is the setup of my system.

My iMac is located in my bedroom and it was connected to home network thru Ethernet switch. And my hifi system was setup in the living room; I had an io data Soundgenic NAS which also connect to the network switch and the USB port was connects to my DAC. Then the Lumin D2 was connected to the home network switch as well. Since the D2 doesn’t have digital USB output, therefore I simply connect the D2 to my DAC from BNC to Coaxial. The problem occurred is when I opened the Audirvana and tried select my DAC from the drop down menu, I couldn’t see it and only show Built in output which is the stereo of the iMAc itself. Basically I couldn’t play music thru my iMac using Audirvana. Unlike Roon, I tried Roon before and it was able to locate the D2 as the endpoint. I wonder how come it doesn’t work in Audirvana as the software (core) were installed in the same iMac.

I had reached out to the tech support in Audirvana and explained the same on what the problem was. This was what they revert back to me.

“Lumin don’t use generic UPnP, it’s using OpenHome, a proprietary version of UPnP... which is not compatible with Audirvana. Either way Lumin doesn’t support generic UPnP”

I am not so sure on what part of the network they exactly referring to and claim Lumin doesn’t support Audirvana Plus.
    Therefore, if you can have a look and advise on how to resolve this issue. My current version of Audirvana Plus 2.6.11 and they said it was also associated with Audirvana (they changed name from A+ to solely Audirvana)

many thanks

Audioshark

Re: Lumin with Audrivana

Can we only run Audirvana on a Mac or Windows computer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yes.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by hatateru View Post
    Hi Peter,

I have trouble to locate my D2 under the Built in audio from the drop down menu. It seems even thru UPnP I cannot find it from my home network. Here is the setup of my system.

My iMac is located in my bedroom and it was connected to home network thru Ethernet switch. And my hifi system was setup in the living room; I had an io data Soundgenic NAS which also connect to the network switch and the USB port was connects to my DAC. Then the Lumin D2 was connected to the home network switch as well. Since the D2 doesn’t have digital USB output, therefore I simply connect the D2 to my DAC from BNC to Coaxial. The problem occurred is when I opened the Audirvana and tried select my DAC from the drop down menu, I couldn’t see it and only show Built in output which is the stereo of the iMAc itself. Basically I couldn’t play music thru my iMac using Audirvana. Unlike Roon, I tried Roon before and it was able to locate the D2 as the endpoint. I wonder how come it doesn’t work in Audirvana as the software (core) were installed in the same iMac.

I had reached out to the tech support in Audirvana and explained the same on what the problem was. This was what they revert back to me.

“Lumin don’t use generic UPnP, it’s using OpenHome, a proprietary version of UPnP... which is not compatible with Audirvana. Either way Lumin doesn’t support generic UPnP”

I am not so sure on what part of the network they exactly referring to and claim Lumin doesn’t support Audirvana Plus.
    Therefore, if you can have a look and advise on how to resolve this issue. My current version of Audirvana Plus 2.6.11 and they said it was also associated with Audirvana (they changed name from A+ to solely Audirvana)

many thanks
    As explained before you have to use Audirvana Plus version newer than 3.1 for UPnP to work.

We clearly support UPnP, because JRiver UPnP works. We even got JRiver gapless UPnP to work. (Many manufacturers UPnP do not support gapless, especially those in AV receivers or some DLNA integrated amp.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

(Edit post is not working for me right now.)

Current version of Audirvana Plus should be 3.5.

If you simply want to use the Mac to control the Lumin, use the free Linn Kazoo software on Mac. (Roon also works as you stated.)
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks Peter for pointing out. I must upgrade my current version of A+ to 3.5 in order to use UPNP. I have been thinking of switch to Roon instead if I can’t get it work but I had already paid for the liftetime license for the older version and I have never tried using it thru my hifi system; therefore I want to see how do I get it work. For A+ I can play around with the upsampling and other features.

As you stated, after I upgraded to v3.5 with my current setup on the D2. I should be able to see the Lumin D2/ or the name of my DAC under the Audio device setup right since the UPnP is opened.

Indeed very simple but Linn Kazoo is 100% rock sold. And free. Such a gift. I really appreciate the Linn app. Sadly, offers nothing close to a catalog/streaming interface UX.

I've tried to throw money at Audirvana for over a year. I reeeealy like Audirvana but UPnP in beta for over a year and no update.

Someone: please ask Peter about when we can expect LUMIN desktop player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Very interesting question!

Quote Originally Posted by XRS View Post
    Very interesting question!
    Which was answered in post #3
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin with Audrivana