Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Indy Car iRacing.....

Did anyone watch last weeks simulation from the Glen, not bad IMO

NBCSN will televise this weekend from Barber ........

https://racer.com/2020/04/01/indycar...-air-on-nbcsn/
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Re: Indy Car iRacing.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    Did anyone watch last weeks simulation from the Glen, not bad IMO

NBCSN will televise this weekend from Barber ........

https://racer.com/2020/04/01/indycar...-air-on-nbcsn/
    I've driven Barber a number of times. My favorite track in the SE.

But virtual?
    DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Jim, these are strange times for sure. Have you ever driven a real simulator ? Far more difficult than one thinks ......
    Cheers ! …. Dave

I have a client who actually has several. I was never interested, or - honestly speaking - maybe it was uneasiness...

DPT4ME - Dynamics, Presence & Tone for Musical Engagement; MBP (3) - stripped down for music only; Shunyata Omega & Sigma USBs; ISO REGEN w/short Curious USB links; Berkeley Alpha USB; Aqua La Scala II Optologic DAC; Schiit Yggdrasil - fully updated; Ayre Codex dac - updated; Pass Labs INT-60 integrated amp; Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE-2 preamp, Quicksilver Mono 120 amps w/Tung-Sol KT150s; Quicksilver Mid Mono amps w/Gold Lion KT77s; Fyne Audio 703s; Symposium Svelte Plus & Ultra Platforms; REL S-812 subwoofers; Duelund DCA12GA speaker cables; AV Room Service EVPs, Stein Music Harmonizers, Duelund DCA16GA & 20GA ICs; Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2; Tripp Lite PCs; Wyred 4 Sound power cords; AudioDharma cable cooker; dedicated custom room; various GIK & ASC room treatments; etc.

www.getbettersound.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
    I have a client who actually has several. I was never interested, or - honestly speaking - maybe it was uneasiness...

I hear 'ya, my son, a competent engineer in his own right, built one. They are not cheap, nor for the faint of heart !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

I watched the two eNASCAR iRaces on Fox. The TV production crew is still learning how to make a TV show out of an unlimited number of camera angles. The software program needs some tweaking. Cars drive right thru each other in the pit lane. Some cars crash on the track and just disappear and show up later somewhere else. And other cars do nasty crashes and only loss a few places.
    While some of the drivers have $40,000 or more rigs, the winner of the second race T. Hill had a $1000 (or so) rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedskater View Post
    I watched the two eNASCAR iRaces on Fox. The TV production crew is still learning how to make a TV show out of an unlimited number of camera angles. The software program needs some tweaking. Cars drive right thru each other in the pit lane. Some cars crash on the track and just disappear and show up later somewhere else. And other cars do nasty crashes and only loss a few places.
    While some of the drivers have $40,000 or more rigs, the winner of the second race T. Hill had a $1000 (or so) rig.
    I enjoyed it, after a while it was entertaining, better than watching repeats of golf shows.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

Fingers crossed for resumption of the 'real thing' later this year.

I was in St Pete last month for the (supposed) start of the season and well, we all know how that went .........

Plan to be at the Glen for the 6 hour IMSA race the end of June, fingers crossed !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Wednesday evening, Fox did dirt track racing. It was much more like a video game than a real race. and glitches in the software. One car #99 kept disappearing, even under yellow flag.

Wednesday evening, Fox did dirt track racing. It was much more like a video game than a real race. and glitches in the software. One car #99 kept disappearing, even under yellow flag.

I think as we go through the hardships of the lockdown, I feel the programming issues and the odd glitches in iRacing we see on TV, could be improved as more people that are totally bored watching repeats of repeats, maybe iRacing will turn into an interesting TV event. I've been trying to find where the iRacing Sports Cars are on TV, to see how they look and act on a road course.
    2chl : Vincent Sp331MkII, W4S STP-SE Stage 2, Kef 201/2, KEF 140, Vapor Breeze, Lumin, Bryston CD, BHA-1, Quicksilver Headamp, HD650, HD800s, HD820's, Dan Clark 1.1, Focal Stellia, OPPO 203, 105. ( Boxed up: Pass Xa-30.5, VPI Classic, Dynavector DV-20XL, Manley Chinook, Cadenza Bronze)

I mentioned to Speedskater over on AH of my sons build of his simulator, I was afraid to ask him how much $$ !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers ! …. Dave

So over the weekend they did real oval dirt track racing in South Dakota. No spectators, just families and crews. They used the main parking lot as the pit. Had about 100 very low budget race cars.

from the AH thread:

In the US on Fox, ESPN & NBCSN we have:

• The Race, All Star Series
    • ABB Formula E races
    • IndyCar iRacing
    • eNASCAR iRaces
    • iRacing Series: Wednesday Nights
    • F1 eSports Series

They are in their TV show infancy and will have growing pains.
    There are lots of technical problems to be dealt with and internet bandwidth problems.

So over the weekend they did real oval dirt track racing in South Dakota. No spectators, just families and crews. They used the main parking lot as the pit. Had about 100 very low budget race cars.
    it's a start !!
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    Fingers crossed for resumption of the 'real thing' later this year...........
    Plan to be at the Glen for the 6 hour IMSA race the end of June, fingers crossed !
    Watkins Gen in June is not likely. New York state just released it's Un-Pause guidelines.
    A race would come under the "attractive nuisance" clause. Because it would draw many people to the area. The teams, TV, track and safety workers even without spectators.

Watkins Gen in June is not likely. New York state just released it's Un-Pause guidelines.
    A race would come under the "attractive nuisance" clause. Because it would draw many people to the area. The teams, TV, track and safety workers even without spectators.
    I suspect as much, if in fact that is what pans out hopefully a reschedule later in the summer, again fingers crossed !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Indy Car iRacing.....