The Schroeder Method of Interconnect Placement
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The Schroeder Method of Interconnect Placement

https://www.dagogo.com/audio-blast-s...ect-placement/

Has anyone heard of this or tried this method? It looks a little involved but seems to provide benefit.
    Joe

Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Schroeder Method of Interconnect Placement

Heard of it, but havenít been able to obtain enough info yet. Lurking on this thread....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: Accuphase A200 (2)//C3800//C37
    Accuphase E650 while room is under construction
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: ClearAudio Innovation // Lyra Kleos
    Speakers: TAD CR-1 (R-1 MkII in storage/waiting on room), REL 212 (2)
    Power: Accuphase PS1230 (2)
    DAC/Spinner: LampiZator Pacific/ PSAudio Direct Stream Memory Player
    LampiZator SuperKomputer
    Final Touch Audio, Verastarr Cables
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    Stillpoints - to near excess

Post Thanks / Like

A solution in search of a problem and a poor solution at that. Real bad news for a digital cable. Might make some legacy and boutique components unhappy.

4. Likes Alpinist liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m a little too lazy to even try this method.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    Iím a little too lazy to even try this method.
    I'm a little too lazy to even read the article.

7. Likes Etunes, joeinid, Tubes, XV-1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzie View Post
    I'm a little too lazy to even read the article.
    I read it but it seems a real hassle.

Interesting that one of the commenters said that it was not the doubling of the cables that is important, but the geometry that's important.

Seems like it would be easier just upgrade a single interconnect.

Post Thanks / Like

While doubling interconnects in parallel will halve their DC resistance, its effect on impedance (which combines DC resistance with the reactive components of capacitance and inductance) is more complicated. The reactive components of the cable's impedance will double when two cables are run in parallel, which can definitely affect their sonic performance and change it from what the designer intended. The result may be desirable in a given system while it may potentially cause damage in others due to instability into a particular load. I believe you'd be better off trying different types of cable designs independently rather than doubling them up as suggested in that article.

10. Thanks Dizzie, joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes Puma Cat, Alpinist liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, the quadrupling of total cable capacitance can make some audiophile components unhappy.

12. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    https://www.dagogo.com/audio-blast-s...ect-placement/

Has anyone heard of this or tried this method? It looks a little involved but seems to provide benefit.
    PartsConnexion will do all the hard work for you.

Jim Smith turned me on to this, albeit with XLRs. The first one they made for me is Duelund 20awg (DCA20GA), basically a back and forth run of wire between two Duelund gold male RCA's. No splitters/Y-cables necessary (So for a 1 m pair of RCA IC's you order 4m of hookup wire, two plugs, and, for a fee, they'll make the finished cable for you. You need more wire for an XLR IC.)

Then I sort of outsmarted myself and ordered a 4m run of Duelund Dual DCA16GA 2x16. I thought this was the back and forth run all in one tidy package, but I ended up with two runs of 2x16ga for each IC. I also decided to try the more spendy Duelund plastic-free connectors. Well, I connected the DAC to the VIVA integrated and nothing blowed up. In fact sounded pretty good.

Parker
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EMM/Ayre/Aqua/Aurender/MBL/Luxman/Absolare/VIVA/AGD/Classe/YG/AG/Revel/B&W/Audience/Sony ES/Pioneer Elite/Parasound/Gallo/JL Audio/ASC/Stillpoint/GIK/Acoustic Revive [and, sadly, only one pair of ears...]

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the information. I’ve ordered from them before. Great company.
    Joe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast