Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Berlin Philharmonic Digital Hall Subscription Free for 30 days

https://www.berliner-philharmoniker....-concert-hall/
    Includes their back catalogue of 600 concerts online. Free subscription for 30 days, can sign up until March 30. Cancellation not required.

Larry
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicroso nicsModel2 AD
    Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,
    Music-2.3KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,60TBripped files

Super Moderator

Re: Berlin Philharmonic Digital Hall Subscription Free for 30 days

Very nice! Thank you for the link.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Enjoying Mahler’s 3rd from a recent concert (last month). Great sound and 4K. These guys can teach a thing or two to the Met folks (the met site could not handle the traffic and froze).

Watched a few concerts tonight. Very impressed with the video techniques used by the photography/video director. Someone is following the score and anticipates whats coming next. The cameras show every single meaningful passage of the music (and the musicians playing it).
    And even if the sound is not of the highest definition, you can feel the natural acoustic of the place plus the combination of the visual and the sound provides an experience that surpasses (IMO) that of high def sound alone. I would take this experience any day of the week.
    I also observed how the audience waits for the conductor to lower the Boston before clapping. One conductor took almost 45 seconds (an eternity!) To come down from his high and lower the baton. The audience remained completely silent until then. Bravo!

Is that when your suppose to clap. When the baton falls. I never knew that.

It would be cool to have a system that plays live stream and video concerts well. I saw a demo at my local store with a 7 channel amp, B&W speakers. I forget the brand of electronics. Its definitely a purpose design setup. With a large projector screen accompanying the audio it's quite immersive.

I got my setup to run the audio with my tv once. It was horrible. Open baffle and horns don't cut it. When I had a sonus faber sertup it did it better. The little Bose cubes and subwoofer made for TVs kicked butt for the purpose. But the Bose did not play music.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Is that when your suppose to clap. When the baton falls. I never knew that.
    I think that is a German (maybe European) thing. Obviously in Germany that’s how they do it. Here in America, we the public can’t wait that long to start clapping.

In classical music, normally the musician gives a visual cue, particularly if the piece ends quietly. The singer drops his/her hands, often dropping the head, the pianist drops his/her hands. Then turns the head toward the audience. In music, it is both the notes and the silences between the notes and after the last note ends. Even in jazz. Larry

“In music, silence is more important than sound.” – Miles Davis
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicroso nicsModel2 AD
    Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,
    Music-2.3KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,60TBripped files

Quote Originally Posted by astrotoy View Post
    In classical music, normally the musician gives a visual cue, particularly if the piece ends quietly. The singer drops his/her hands, often dropping the head, the pianist drops his/her hands. Then turns the head toward the audience. In music, it is both the notes and the silences between the notes and after the last note ends. Even in jazz. Larry

“In music, silence is more important than sound.” – Miles Davis
    The conductor in these cases is the one giving the cue. After the music ends, the conductor often holds the baton up for a certain amount of time. I did not time it, but 10-15 seconds was not unusual. The performance is over but for those 10-15 seconds the audience remains quiet. The audience starts clapping only when the conductor lowers the baton. It is as if the conductor is also conducting the audience. The audience can clap after the conductor says so. I have never seen that happen in the USA.

I was trained (by my dad) that you never clap if the conductor’s back is to you. A safer bet then the baton rule?
    Linn LP 12/ Ekos/ Lingo/ Krystal/ Keel/ Auralic/ Ayre QA9/ ARC Ref 6 + 3 SE/ ARC REF75 SE/ Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario

Quote Originally Posted by fws3 View Post
    I was trained (by my dad) that you never clap if the conductor’s back is to you. A safer bet then the baton rule?
    Never seen that here in the USA. It seems that here, the audience takes over as soon as the last note is played. While in Germany the audience waits for the ‘ok to clap signal’ from the conductor.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team