Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
    Banned

thumbsup The Jane Monheit Concert – Naples, FL

My wife and I had the opportunity to enjoy this fabulous event last night in Naples, FL. at the Artis – a world-class visual and performing arts center. Numerous world-class orchestras, and others such as Trisha Yearwood, Gladys Knight, Paul Anka, Johnny Mathis, Patti LaBelle, Mandy Patinkinm and Kenny G are scheduled to appear here in 2020.

After a rememberable dinner at Shula’s Steak House (established in 1989 to celebrate the legacy of NFL Coach Don Shula) we went a few blocks to Daniels Pavilion at the Artis. Fortunately, the Pavilion seats less than 300 people. So, with our excellent seats the event was up close and personal.

Jane Monheit is an extraordinary singer. For those of you who are unfamiliar with her, according to the NYTs she is blessed with “a voice of phenomenal beauty.” She’s a world class jazz singer with numerous awards. She has recorded numerous albums including, “Taking a Chance on Love,” “Come Dream with Me,” “The Heart Of The Matter,” “The Songbook Sessions: Ella Fitzgerald,” “In the Sun,” and “Home” to name just a few. Her rendition of “Over the Rainbow” is absolutely breathtaking!

The Daniels Pavilion though had problems last night. They couldn’t keep Monheit’s monitors working properly for about half her songs! They finally replaced them and then the sound tech couldn’t keep them up and going properly.

Though this was somewhat disappointing, it was still a rememberable evening. The music selections were outstanding – even a song in Portuguese. The vocals majestic. Her voice is powerful and moving – emotionally capturing the listener. This was not only a fabulous concert, by a splendid singer, but she knows how to connect with her audience leaving us with many rememberable moments.

If you have an opportunity to go to one of her concerts you shouldn’t hesitate. In the meantime, she’s on Qobuz and Tidal and you can of course purchase some of her CDs.

Enjoy.

Super Moderator

Re: The Jane Monheit Concert – Naples, FL

She does indeed have a wonderful voice. I can’t imagine having to perform perfectly every time. I have trouble enough going to work every day and making a full week. I’m sorry things were not optimal but happy you enjoyed the good moments.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Jane's "Over the Rainbow" CD is used by audiophile shops to test their equipment. That is how I heard it for the first time. Wonderful singer. Larry
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicroso nicsModel2 AD
    Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,
    Music-2.3KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,60TBripped files

I have seen her twice in an intimate Jazz club. The first time was in the early 90's at the beginning of her career and the last time was about 2 years ago. She is fabulous.
    My Gear- Mains System-Pass X250 amp, BAT VK-51se preamp, Luxman DA-06 DAC, Magnepan 1.6's, Thorens TD-145 TT, Dual Martin Logan Subs, Vintage Luxman T-110 Tuner, Cables-WW Platinum 7 USB, Cardas Parsec XLR, AQ Columbia DBS 72v XLR, Belden 8402 XLR.

Never heard her, just tried Qobuz; she records and sounds fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mechnutt View Post
    I have seen her twice in an intimate Jazz club. The first time was in the early 90's at the beginning of her career and the last time was about 2 years ago. She is fabulous.
    That must have been amazing to have been there near the very beginning. She spoke about some of that period very passionately last night.

I have been fortunate to see her several times in New York and once at Ronnie Scott’s. She is way better live than on her recordings. See her live if she comes to town. You will not be disappointed.

Sounds like a spectacular evening, grats! I have several of her albums,and do love her voice.
    Amplification : Modwright LS300 - Atma-Sphere "Class D" monoblocks
    Digital : MSB Premier DAC+Digital Director, Oppo 203, Sonos Port (W4S mod)
    Analog : Technics SL1200G, Boulder 508
    Speakers : Daedalus Audio Muse Studio
    Headphone : BHSE + Voce

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team