Data Analysis of the A/V Roomservice EVP vibration isolation pad - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Data Analysis of the A/V Roomservice EVP vibration isolation pad

Quote Originally Posted by MPW View Post
    I tend to agree which is why I asked the question. The test is being used to give direction before listening tests, but may give the wrong direction and rule out products that are very effective in dealing with the vibrations that actually occur when reproducing music in a domestic space. Just my guess without having ever performed any testing in this area other than with my ears, so take it for what it’s worth.
    All I can say is the use of the various footers is audible and order of which sounds best is concordant with the vibration studies. The Herbie's Tenderfoot sounds better than the stock Gumby feet, and the EVPs sound (notably) better than the Tenderfeet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    I don’t see how they are related. We are talking about the difference between micro vibrations vice a mini shock test.
    The force imparted by the mass striking the top of the audio rack shelf imparts measurable and reproducible level of vibration.

You can see here the vibration (resembling a ringing component) comparing the stock Gumby feet in red vs. the Tenderfeet in blue. The amplitiude and duration (time) of the ringing component for the Tenderfeet is notably less than the stock rubber foot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    The force imparted by the mass striking the top of the audio rack shelf imparts measurable and reproducible level of vibration.

You can see here the vibration (resembling a ringing component) comparing the stock Gumby feet in red vs. the Tenderfeet in blue. The amplitiude and duration (time) of the ringing component for the Tenderfeet is notably less than the stock rubber foot.
    You are missing my point. Of course if you are doing a mini shock test you will be able to measure the impact and how it varies with different feet. The problem is nobody is doing mini shock tests on your rack while you are listening to music. The events aren’t comparable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    You are missing my point. Of course if you are doing a mini shock test you will be able to measure the impact and how it varies with different feet. The problem is nobody is doing mini shock tests on your rack while you are listening to music. The events aren’t comparable.
    I don't agree. The experiments were to provide direction and led me to an effective solution that sounds better than anything I've used to date.

So with respect to MY requirements...its job done. And in that context, a success.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    I don't agree. The experiments were to provide direction and led me to an effective solution that sounds better than anything I've used to date.

So with respect to MY requirements...its job done. And in that context, a success.
    Great news! Victory!
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2