Dealer Integrity - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by greystoke4 View Post
    Hi, if say, you was at a hifi store looking seriously to purchase, let's say speakers, you really liked them and was committed to the sale, and the dealer knew there was a new pair mk2, of this speaker coming out in 6 months, which will supersede the pair you are looking at buying, should he inform you of that ?, or should he carry one with the sale, knowing in 6 months time your purchase,would be worth 50% of what you paid, or explain what the deal is, and let you make up your own mind, maybe wait, or carry on and buy the pair you have your eye on, this could be in the thousands ££, but this thread is about integrity and not the cost,
    How is it that both you and the dealer know about a Mk II at the same time but it didn't come up in conversation? did you assume the dealer knew about a Mk II but was refraining from telling you (?) because he was more interested in off'g his soon to be obsolete stock? I'm trying to figure out if this is about mind reading or your wanting to paint your dealer as a disingenuous person.
    Linn Kilmax LP12 | Channel D | Jadis | Denafrips | Innuos | Klipsch Cornwall IV | Falcon LS3/5a | McCollum ESL 57

2. Likes cmarin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, it's just a hypothetical question, about dealership integrity,

Post Thanks / Like

Even if it wasn't a hypothetical six months into the future is far to long for a dealer to have to sit on current inventory just to save a buyer a few dollars some time in the future. This subject was beat to death a few years ago over the Magico Mk II speaker updates.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC', USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Even if it wasn't a hypothetical six months into the future is far to long for a dealer to have to sit on current inventory just to save a buyer a few dollars some time in the future. This subject was beat to death a few years ago over the Magico Mk II speaker updates.
    The Magico Mk II discussion was about the length of manufacturer release cycles between models, not dealer integrity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs/ Semi-active Lansche Audio 4.2 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ 2x Audioquest Thunder HD for LS/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 dealers I have worked with pretty exclusively over the past few years and both have given me insight on occasion when a new model is coming out, and also when prices are scheduled to go up or down in the coming weeks. I also realize there are times when they just don't know and like Mike said, they only know as much as the distributors are willing to tell them. But yes I would be surprised and bring it up with the dealer if I spent a lot of money on something and discovered within a month or so that the model had a price dip or was updated/discontinued, etc.
    PRIMARY 2 CH SYSTEM: Naim Uniti Nova; Volti Audio Rivals; Triode Wire Labs American Speaker cables; Transparent High Performance power cables; IsoTek EVO3 Corvus conditioner
    OFFICE 2 CH SYSTEM: Naim Uniti Atom; Klipsch Heresy III (70th Anniversary Edition); JL Audio d110; Transparent power cables & WW interconnects
    LUXMAN EYECANDY COLLECTION: Luxman CL-40 Valve Preamp; Luxman MQ88-uSE

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greystoke4 View Post
    Hi, if say, you was at a hifi store looking seriously to purchase, let's say speakers, you really liked them and was committed to the sale, and the dealer knew there was a new pair mk2, of this speaker coming out in 6 months, which will supersede the pair you are looking at buying, should he inform you of that ?, or should he carry one with the sale, knowing in 6 months time your purchase,would be worth 50% of what you paid, or explain what the deal is, and let you make up your own mind, maybe wait, or carry on and buy the pair you have your eye on, this could be in the thousands ££, but this thread is about integrity and not the cost,
    well, good dealer integrity would be at play if the offer of taking your speakers back in on trade against the mkII version with full allowance of what you paid for them perhaps ?

Regardless, you liked the speakers correct ? many a 'mkII' product is more about marketing than an audible improvement.
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

None of this has anything to do with Dealer integrity... if you want to buy something then buy it. If you don't then move on or simply keep waiting for who knows what.

Post Thanks / Like

I always make the attempt to build a strong rapport with a dealer, which in turns builds trust and that in turn brings integrity. I've made some wonderful friends that way.
    Chris

(2 Chl): Pass xa30.5, W4S STP-SE Lumin D1, VPI Classic 1, Manley Chinook, Dynavector DV20x2L.exaSound e32 mk11, Marantz SA11S2. ( computer) Win7, Synology DS413 NAS ,Vincent SP-331MKII , Quicksilver LS,Vapor Audio Breeze, Rythmik F12se. Cables: Acoustic Zen, DL Labs, Blue Jean.. ,Bryston BCD-1,Timbernation Rack,

10. Likes Mike, Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

if you know something, say something ...that would seem to be a good default general rule for all parties.
    kanjiroba yak + roon rock > t+a dac8 dsd > almarro a318b > viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | alp-tone audio analog cables

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3