Dealer Integrity - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealer Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    dont buy a product new when its over two years on the market. (roughly)
    you start to get good deals 2nd hand and mk2 is surely coming in a year or two.

great topic btw
    That’s an interesting rule. But many brands take forever to come out with a replacement. Revel comes to mind. MBL too. I like the product lifecycle off Pass. Not too long, not too short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones & Loudspeakers, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MIT Cables, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

2. Likes Kuoppis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dealer Integrity

While we all want new, then comes if you keep waiting other items are now old, and your back on the merry go round.

I look at from the mindset, at some point you have to get laid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post

at some point you have to get laid.
    lol, yes.
    what you buy is lost (my own saying)

as for electro gear.....i always buy new at market entry. always unheard. only if i can get a topdeal. cash&carry without service.
    that is not the best way but its mine after 3 or 4 years i sell it with a big loss.
    nagra hd dac, mps, cd, audionet humboldt, wilson tunetot, odin

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody that buys new audio gear and is worried about how fast it loses value is in the wrong hobby. You aren’t investing money, you are spending your money on depreciating assets. It’s no different than buying a new car.
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

well you cant ignore the fact of loosing. i think its necessery to get clear with that prior to purchase

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by u-sound View Post
    well you cant ignore the fact of loosing. i think its necessery to get clear with that prior to purchase
    You also can’t ignore the fact that you are purchasing depreciating assets.
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Post Thanks / Like

yes, we are saying the same thing with other worlds

i take it always as if i would buy a hamburger and put the value straight to zero

Post Thanks / Like

From a manufacturer’s viewpoint in a different market...we never released info on new products to our sales people or the dealer channel before we had carefully managed inventory and had enough new stock on hand to make the transition seamless. On one hand our sales people and dealer network would always dog us about the fact we hadn’t introduced any new products in two years and then would complain when we did announce and dealers had old stock. There is no right answer here except to enjoy what you have purchased.

More power to manufacturers who think about upgrading the field and have easy solutions for those wanting the latest and greatest.
    Tom

Audio:
    Amati Futura Mains
    Amati Homage VOX Center,
    Proac Response 1sc Rears,
    Three MC2301's for L,C,R
    MC 602 for the rears
    C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 77
    Nottingham Dais with Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation
    SurfacePro 3, JRiver, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

Video:
    MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
    Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 80, Rega P3

OnDeck:
    McIntosh MAC 4300v

10. Likes Mike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealer Integrity

I think the game is more fun when having been at it for a while. At the beginning, when starting to build your system, the changes are more frequent, and the money just flies out of the window.

But when reaching a certain level, the changes become less frequent or at least focused on one part of the system at a time. With increasing experience there is also less need to try out everything new, as you already have experienced a bit.

My feeling is dealers are just in the middle of it, trying to balance their stock as well as they can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    “Life’s too short to listen to bad audio.”

Big rig: Brinkmann Taurus DD TT + 12.1 arm + Benz Micro Gullwing SLR MC + HRS M3X2/ Cardas Clear Beyond phono/ Stillpoints LPI/ Soulution 520 preamp with phono/ Synology NAS with Roon + HD Plex linear PSU + Shunyata HD/ AQ Vodka RJ45 + Aqvox Network Switch SE + AQ Diamond RJ45 into DAC/ Brinkmann Nyquist MK II/ Soulution 511/ WyWires Platinum ICs/ Semi-active Lansche Audio 4.2 LS/ Inakustik Reference LS 4004 AIR/ 2x Audioquest Thunder HD for LS/ Audioquest Niagara 5000/ Shunyata AlphaHC (x2)+Alpha+Alpha Analogue+Alpha Digital/ Finite Elemente Pagode/ Stillpoints Ultra SS.

Small rig: Naim UnitiServe/ Curious USB/ Tidal/ Ayre Codex/ Auralic Aries Mini/ Sbooster LPSU/ Pass Labs INT-60/ Acoustic Zen Silver Reference II/ HiD Diamond 8/ Harbeth 30.2 40th Anniversary/ Shunyata Venom EU7 & Venom 3 HD.

HP rig: MacBookAir/ Tidal/ Auralic Gemini 2000/ Sbooster LPSU/ Audeze LCD-2 Classic + WyWires Red/ Shunyata HD/ Shunyata Hydra 2/ Shunyata Venom.

12. Likes kzhtoo, Ritmo, Dguitarnut liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dealer Integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Kuoppis View Post
    I think the game is more fun when having been at it for a while. At the beginning, when starting to build your system, the changes are more frequent, and the money just flies out of the window.

But when reaching a certain level, the changes become less frequent or at least focused on one part of the system at a time. With increasing experience there is also less need to try out everything new, as you already have experienced a bit.

My feeling is dealers are just in the middle of it, trying to balance their stock as well as they can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The bottom line is you have to have gone through the pain to learn how to minimize it down the road. LOL

I agree there’s no right or wrong answer. We do need to keep in mind that both dealers and manufacturers are doing business, not charity work. It is still your decision to NOT buy it. After all, the things we are buying in this hobby are not out of necessity.

14. Likes asindc liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast