Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

EtherREGEN review is up at Hans Beekhuzen's channel

Hans has a very favorable review of the Uptone Audio EtherREGEN at his YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/Io4SDi5hLxs

Hans does a particularly good job of explaining the board design, the ADIM (isolation moat) and the separation between the two zones that prevent the passage of low- and high-impedance leakage currents from one side getting to the other (this is important with respect to sound quality).

His comments and summary are right on the money. The only thing I would add is that I note a larger improvement in audio quality using optical fiber than Hans says he obtains. I attribute this to differences in systems and system-level noise in different customer use-cases. I live right next to some big power line transmission towers, so that may play a role.

Re: EtherREGEN review is up at Hans Beekhuzen's channel

I watched the video while I was having my morning coffee. Hans has a way of clarifiing how things work. Especially in the digital side of audio. I've cleaned up my digital end I think as far as I want to go. Having said that, I did see Mike post the new Shunyata Alpha USB cable recently. I wonder if that may be my next upgrade. I'm currently running a Cardas USB cable from the T2 to the Diablo.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I watched the video while I was having my morning coffee. Hans has a way of clarifiing how things work. Especially in the digital side of audio. I've cleaned up my digital end I think as far as I want to go. Having said that, I did see Mike post the new Shunyata Alpha USB cable recently. I wonder if that may be my next upgrade. I'm currently running a Cardas USB cable from the T2 to the Diablo.
    The Shunyata Alpha USB cable is freakin' A-MAZING. I upgraded last spring and it was one of the most significant upgrades I've ever made to my digital system.

So also are the Shunyata Ethernet cables...even the $295 entry-level Venom blows all the Ethernet cables I tested extensively last year into the weeds. The Alpha and Sigma are notable steps above that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
    The Shunyata Alpha USB cable is freakin' A-MAZING. I upgraded last spring and it was one of the most significant upgrades I've ever made to my digital system.

So also are the Shunyata Ethernet cables...even the $295 entry-level Venom blows all the Ethernet cables I tested extensively last year into the weeds. The Alpha and Sigma are notable steps above that.
    My gut tells me the Shunyata Alpha is the way to go. But, recent purchases tell me to enjoy what I have now and look at the Shunyata Alpha as a next step.
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

EtherREGEN review is up at Hans Beekhuzen's channel