Speaker cables - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Speaker cables

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Speaker cables

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    Invest in speakers not cables. Speakers and room should be 75%-80% of your system cost.
    I don’t disagree with speakers taking precedent but those are some high percentages from the the standpoint on what you decide upon.

For example a $54000 set of speakers alone leaves $18000, and that will not allow one to compliment the speakers in this example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series | Environmental Potential EP2050
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

2. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, could some suggest what speaker cable is matched with 804D3 if I am using Accustic Arts amplifier. Many thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I like sticking with one brand throughout, have you tried the speaker cables by your interconnect company?

We had a B&W dealer who sold Audioquest with them. I also like Analysis Plus.

Quote Originally Posted by hatateru View Post
    Hi all, could some suggest what speaker cable is matched with 804D3 if I am using Accustic Arts amplifier. Many thanks
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

I have Analysis Plus Black Oval 9 speaker cables (demos) that my dealer included with my Magico speakers, as the only cables I had prior were an old pair of Transparent bi-wires. These A+ cables are, IMO, a terrific high value speaker cable.

6. Likes hatateru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hatateru View Post
    Blue Jeans, Monoprice or Signal cable. Don't get duped buy ridiculous over priced 'wire'.All three of which I listed will provide you with quality cables at sensible price points.

How long of a speaker cable run will you have ? Cable gauge as it relates to cable length is a prime consideration
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mordante View Post
    Currently I use AQ Rocket 88 speaker cables. However I am thinking of upgrading these. The logical step would be AQ Robin Hood zero or Willem Tell zero. I think the 88 sometimes is bit too laid back. But not 100% sure if it is the cable. I could use a bit more brightness.

But since most of my cables are by Ansuz, the P2 would also be an option.

See signature for system.

What would be the best step? Or should I jut keep my Rocket 88 and stop upgrading?
    Recommend if most of your cabling is Ansuz, staying with the same design philosophy is a good idea. Michael Borresen has a degree in mechanical engineering, was the key designer for Raidho Acoustics, is a co-founder of Ansuz and Aavik, and a key investor in Borresen Acoustics.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    True, if no room treatment the improvement can be dramatic.

I use Clarus, Crimson and they are very good, the background is dark, highs are beautiful, overall nicely balanced I'd say. I did find the more I added to the system the better they worked together for better sound quality. The Crimson series is really something special and I don't really mention them as much as I should.

If wanting to add more upper energy, or, finding you need it, I'd recommend Wire World. They are a good cable but In my auditions I do find they liven up the highs, nothing out of boundaries, or offensive, they just seem to highlight or energize that range..
    I changed from Wireworld Silver Eclipse to Clarus Crimson. I've compared the Clarus to Audioquest Thunderbird, Firebird, Oak, and Shunyata Alpha and Sigma speaker cables. I prefer Clarus in my system. The Clarus is very balanced, detailed, and has a great soundstage.

10. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricred1 View Post
    I changed from Wireworld Silver Eclipse to Clarus Crimson. I've compared the Clarus to Audioquest Thunderbird, Firebird, Oak, and Shunyata Alpha and Sigma speaker cables. I prefer Clarus in my system. The Clarus is very balanced, detailed, and has a great soundstage.
    Thank you for this, ricred1. Clarus Crimson is on my list, and most of the ones you compared are relevant for me. What are your speakers? Amp(s)?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Thank you for this, ricred1. Clarus Crimson is on my list, and most of the ones you compared are relevant for me. What are your speakers? Amp(s)?
    Let me just say, I don't believe in absolutes in audio, only preferences. My system: Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier, Jeff Rowland Corus preamp, Chord Dave DAC, Antipodes DS GT music server, Monitor Audio PL500 ii speakers, dual REL Carbon Limited subs, Torus RM20 power conditioner, Wireworld Platinum series 8 XLRs, and Clarity Cables Vortex power cords. My room is 20'x26' and treated with GIK products.

13. Likes Jim Smith liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricred1 View Post
    Let me just say, I don't believe in absolutes in audio, only preferences.
    Very much agree.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast