Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Tune-in problems

Hi,

I have used TuneIn Radios since the very beginning(via airplay, later directly via integrated app).
    I have no issues to play music from my NAS or from Tidal or Spotify, but I have an issue to play TuneIn Radios , I'm not sure it is related to the latest firmware.
    It takes ages before the radio station starts to play music or sometimes it not start at all, I see just the name of the station on the Lumin panel, but the time counter does not starts.
    Sometimes, I need to reboot Lumin after I have played TuneIn because it somehow impacts overall performance and Lumin becomes very slow.

Does anyone is using TuneIn with a different experience than mine?

Regards,
    Darius
    Integrated Amplifier: in searches
    Network Players: Lumin A1 with heavily upgraded with SSR03 Sjöström Super Regulator Power Supply
    Interconnects Cables: Nordost Heimdall XLR
    Speakers: in searches
    Speaker Cables: Inakustik LS-1102
    Power cables: DIY
    NAS: Qnap 251+, Minimserver

Re: Tune-in problems

Lumin A1?
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

yes
    Network Players: Lumin A1 with heavily upgraded with SSR03 Sjöström Super Regulator Power Supply

I've sent you an older firmware to downgrade the Lumin A1 in PM. Please try it and see whether TuneIn works better with it.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Hi Peter,

Now after downgrade it works fine.
    Thank you very much

Darius

With a few stations available via Tune-In, when I add them as favorites, they show up in my Lumin X1's internet radio station list, but they say "not supported" and will not play when I try to select them from the list.

Perhaps this is an issue with the format of the station's stream? The station of greatest interest to me which yields this result is a great jazz station from the San Francisco Bay area, KCSM. I believe the station's best stream is in the AAC+ format. If the issue is the format, I hope that Lumin can add that format to the list of supported formats for its internet radio stations playable via Tune-In.

KCSM's website says:

AAC+ at 64kbps is "our best sounding stream" that now feeds our desktop player and mobile apps. It works with iTunes, Windows Media Player, Winamp, VLC Player and many more.

http://ice5.securenetsystems.net/KCSM

MP3 at 128kbps Use if AAC+ doesn't work on your chosen media player or mobile device.

http://ice7.securenetsystems.net/KCSM2

I've noticed, however, that neither the AAC+ nor MP3 KCSM streams plays via the Lumin's internet radio function even though both can be made favorites via Tune-In.

Thanks for enabling playback of KCSM and other such stations if possible via the Lumin app. Right now, the only way to listen such stations through my X1 is to use the Lumin Streaming function and stream them from my iPad via AirPlay.

Tom

Hi Peter,

My problems with tune-in repeated again in firmware 13.0.
    I have tested 12.0 and it not works for me, the did roll back to the 11.7 and lived without the problems.
    Now I have tried 13.0 and it work the same as 12.0 for me, so I did rollback one more time.

BR,
    Darius

Question Re: Tune-in problems

Hi, just a "smallQ".
    I enjoy (in EU) US radio so much for example 89.5 KNCJ but like the other... no info on Lumin U1 mini display even with the v13 firmware release;
    I mean... only the network station name, but no artists, song title and the next... is it normal?
    Thanks!

Latest "news" from myself...
    With 88.5 HD2 Jazz24 KNKX-HD2 (wonderful station!) AAC 44.1/16 bit) it's amazing!
    The album cover (on APP) and the info on display are here but, if I click on the cover this disappear and the "standard logo" at full screen (iPad mini) is the only image I got.
    Then to have "back" the nfo and the album cover pict I must restart the play for the radio station.
    Is it a bug or a first release software to update?
    The same with LINN JAZZ radio! (MP3 16/44 320 kbpm)
    Last edited by Luca; June 7, 2020 at 10:39 AM. Reason: add more details

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Tune-in problems