Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Florida Audio Expo - Pictures and Comments

My wife, Lynn, and I had a great time at the show as we did last year. Thanks, Mike, Bart and everyone else involved for putting on a super show.
    Paul

Main Stereo System:

Harbeth 40.3 HD, Jay's CDT3 MK3, Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC, Aurender N20, Luxman M900 & C900 , (2) JL f113, Shunyata Denali 6000v2 Power Conditioner, Altaira, AZ Cables, Stillpoints & Symposium shelves under everything.

Theater System:
    JVC RS400 projector, 130" Stewart screen, Oppo 105D, Audio Physic Classic speakers, REL 3D subs, MC8207 MX136, Synergistic Research Powercell, AZ interconnects, speaker cables and PC's.

Paul - I think we met last year. Sorry I missed you this last weekend.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Did anyone else find it curious that there wasn't a single mention/demo of MQA in any room?
    I was quite surprised....
    Aurender > Weiss > Audio Research > SoundField
    Oppo > Lexicon > Hegel > SoundField

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Did anyone else find it curious that there wasn't a single mention/demo of MQA in any room?
    You weren’t paying attention! The MQA rep was flying around giving us dealers free files to use at the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

very happy to hear that!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You weren’t paying attention! The MQA rep was flying around giving us dealers free files to use at the show.

Aurender > Weiss > Audio Research > SoundField
    Oppo > Lexicon > Hegel > SoundField

I hope he gave you a sample of Anne-Sophie Mutter and John William's "Across the Stars". Amazing violin playing and SQ.

Note for those of you who prefer to avoid MQA it is also available in 24/96 FLAC from HDTracks.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Everyone that was a involved in making this show a reality deserves a big thank you and congratulations!
    The hard work paid off big time.

Year #2 built upon the success of the first retaining all of the positives, but with more to experience.
    I love how this show has such a relaxed atmosphere and so many fine sounding systems.
    Buddy

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
    Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
    Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
    MSB Reference DAC
    Innuos Statement w/Next. Gen. PS
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
    Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
    VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
    Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
    Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
    Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
    Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    Don’t forget that with Qobuz, MQA is not an option. Qobuz was a key sponsor.

Mike

Anything good?

Mike

Now that the dust has settled from this weekends fantastic show, I just wanted to take a moment to congratulate the entire Suncoast crew on organizing this top notch event. The location, venue and vibe of the event is a very welcome change from the other shows on the domestic calendar.

Moreover, as an exhibitor the small touches like having an adjoining room, actually eating breakfast AND lunch and having a happy hour to decompress after a hectic day were totally wonderful. The show ran like a well oiled machine and it's difficult to believe this was only the second year of it running.

Mike, Bart and everyone else behind the scenes--CONGRATS!!!

We are already looking forward to next year.
    Purpose Built Listening Room: Intuitive Audio Design Gamma Summit Speakers, Gallo CLS-10 subwoofers (2), LampizatOr Pacific, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Concepts Haffler DH-500 (Ultra Elite package), Theorem Acoustics Wave bridge power conditioner, Cables by Theorem Acoustics, Dynamic Deisgn & cables, Verastarr. Room design by Dale Pitcher.

Family Room Rig: Vapor Audio Stiff Breeze, LampizatOr Golden Atlantic, LampizatOr Super Komputer, Musical Design D-75B (with John Hillig's PA-6 upgrades), Pi Audio Uberbuss, Dynamic Design reference cables, Danacable USB.

Industry Affiliation............North American Distributor of LampizatOr Audio.

www.lampizatorna.com

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Hah, I hear you. Dropped in to a few rooms myself. Couple, I thought I was still in the elevator.

cheers,

AJ
    One room that fit that description included a pair 7.5' tall line arrays. I won't name names.
    Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

He should have been handing out his resume.....

Triangle Art - First time hearing them , very nice analog stuff ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Audioshark

The Saturday night listening session in the MBL room was one of the most enjoyable listening sessions I’ve ever had. They played everything from Jim
    Croce to Michael Jackson. It was wonderful.

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

On the right music the MBL room had the best sound on that floor ...

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by chops View Post
    One room that fit that description included a pair 7.5' tall line arrays. I won't name names.
    Could be that's what the dealer wants folks to hear, not necessarily the manufacturer. Easier to talk to folks with that type music playing too.

Audioshark

Could be that's what the dealer wants folks to hear, not necessarily the manufacturer. Easier to talk to folks with that type music playing too.
    Never heard the room in question. Wish I could comment on some more of the rooms, but I had four rooms myself and only got out for a bit on Saturday to listen to a small handful of rooms. I thought they were all getting good sound.

I can't imagine any dealer wanting to demo a system to sound like what that one did. We sat through two or three different pieces, all from different artists/albums, so the sound couldn't be blamed on a bad recording, one such recording being on a very familiar Norah Jones album that I have.
    Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

Audioshark

Stereophile – Stand out rooms at Florida Audio Expo 2020

Stereophile calls out the “stand out rooms with super systems” at FLAX 2020; Magico, Von Schweikert, MBL and Borresen.

Stereophile - Florida Audio Expo 2020 Show Wrap Up – Super Systems
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Audioshark

I love Julie’s comments about our demographics. It’s something we all work so hard toward.

I was there all day Friday and it was obvious there was many more women there this year. Very happy to see that.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

I noticed the same. Some just along with their husbands mostly bored but quite a few engaged and asking questions. Keep em coming.

While volunteering at the registration desk, a middle-aged woman who attended with her husband proudly proudly proclaimed that she had her OWN two channel system comprised of tube gear, turntable, and Maggies! Sweet!

Might be interesting, if feasible, to arrange a "panel" next year, moderated by Julie, comprised of younger audiophiles (both male and female), sharing their perspectives on the hobby.
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo 205 > Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > Martin Logan Expression 13A's and two ML BF210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's & speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Ahhh, errr, no live Band music this year ... missed

Audioshark

Florida Audio Expo - Pictures and Comments

We had a live band. Did you miss it?

Must have, was it Sat night only ..??

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Must have, was it Sat night only ..??
    Thursday I believe

Attached Images Attached Images

Audioshark

https://youtu.be/Za65wXOaM4U

Audioshark

https://audio-head.com/suncoast-audi...ass-flax-2020/

https://youtu.be/Za65wXOaM4U

Thanks for sharing this wonderful Michael Fremer interview at the 2020 Florida Audio Expo.
    Borresen Acoustics Loudspeakers, Borresen Model 01 Compact monitor loudspeakers with Ansuz Darkz T2s Supreme resonance control, Audio Video Manufaktur GmbH (AVM) Inspiration amplifier & streamer, Innuos Zen MKII music server, Ansuz Acoustics cables & accessories. Please visit my system thread hosted on Audioshark for more details. Disclosure: The author is materially connected to Ansuz, Aavik & Borresen Acoustics via friendship with an owner.

Analog Planet video from the show:

https://youtu.be/hkVgLmy-GhI
    Buddy

MSB Reference DAC
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Shunyata Cables
    Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Ethernet Switch UEF, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments

Mikes rooms all sounded great. It’s not an accident to have great sound at a show. But I also feel most there don’t know when it’s good or not lol.
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.

Audioshark

Suncoast Audio’s Stenheim/VAC room wins best of show:

https://audio-head.com/best-of-show-...xpo-flax-2020/

Banned

Suncoast Audio’s Stenheim/VAC room wins best of show:

https://audio-head.com/best-of-show-...xpo-flax-2020/

Yes, but this was interesting too:

MSB – Magico

This room was one of my favs and that surprised me a little. I am an avowed analog fan, preferably with lots of glowing vacuum tubes. Neither of those things was in this room. This system was jaw-dropping.

MSB has to take the prize for gear that plays digital with the heart and soul of a fine turntable (or tape) oriented system. I would usually run screaming from a system this clean but there was some intangible thing about the musical presentation of this system that I found thoroughly engaging.

Of course their S500 stereo amp controlled the Magico M2’s like a huge Kraken fending off some measly attackers, but it was more than that. The laser-sharp transient control was mated with a lush liquidity that I’ve rarely if ever heard from solid-state amplifiers or any DAC for that matter. Astonishing.

I heard a wide range of music in this room and it all sounded fantastic.

Could I live with the complete absence of ‘vibe’ exemplified in this system? I don’t know, but I’d sure enjoy finding out.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Yes, but this was interesting too:

MSB – Magico

This room was one of my favs and that surprised me a little. I am an avowed analog fan, preferably with lots of glowing vacuum tubes. Neither of those things was in this room. This system was jaw-dropping.

MSB has to take the prize for gear that plays digital with the heart and soul of a fine turntable (or tape) oriented system. I would usually run screaming from a system this clean but there was some intangible thing about the musical presentation of this system that I found thoroughly engaging.

Of course their S500 stereo amp controlled the Magico M2’s like a huge Kraken fending off some measly attackers, but it was more than that. The laser-sharp transient control was mated with a lush liquidity that I’ve rarely if ever heard from solid-state amplifiers or any DAC for that matter. Astonishing.

I heard a wide range of music in this room and it all sounded fantastic.

Could I live with the complete absence of ‘vibe’ exemplified in this system? I don’t know, but I’d sure enjoy finding out.
    That room sounded fantastic.

Buddy

MSB Reference DAC
    B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
    Shunyata Cables

Banned

Great review!!!

Audioshark

https://www.tonepublications.com/ons...da-audio-expo/

"Here's the real quandary with the Florida Audio Expo: I want all of you to
    come to Tampa next year and hang out with us, because this is the most
    enjoyable show I've been to in years."

Audioshark

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2020/...nII4TlCDQiBqYk

Banned

Congrats Mike and Team. Another great write up. This is note worthy:

TAMPA, FL (PTA) — Back again, to tell it like it is. This year’s Florida Audio Expo delivered on all of the promises made in 2019. New for 2020: more exhibitors. For me that’s enough, as the guys and gals who put on the Florida Show have a great thing going. Attendee traffic at the 2020 show was abundant from all reports I’ve encountered.What the Florida show also delivered was some of the best sounding rooms of the year, and yes I know 2020 is just beginning but I’m really speaking about the latter half of 2019. Quite a few of the rooms were outright excellent sounding, with a few brands really stepping up their game. Each of them setting a new high water mark for performance, strength, and beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrainbow View Post
    Mikes rooms all sounded great. It’s not an accident to have great sound at a show. But I also feel most there don’t know when it’s good or not lol.
    You were there? I was there! Florida Audio Expo - Pictures and Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team