Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Re: Florida Audio Expo - Pictures and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Swisstrips View Post
    Those Vimberg’s look awesome, would love to hear them. Looks to be a smaller space, but would be interested to know how they sound in that setup?
    The Vimbergs with the Zesto tube electronics sounded terrific. George always plays great vinyl demos.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

The Michael Fremer event in the Suncoast Audio Room today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As in prior shows, Mike Fremer’s vinyl sessions are not to be missed. He always plays exceptional vinyl and shares a story or two about the pieces to be heard. He is a HE Industry Treasure.

And, the Magico M6 with the Q18 subs and supporting gear from Luxman and Avid were exceptional.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    As in prior shows, Mike Fremer’s vinyl sessions are not to be missed. He always plays exceptional vinyl and shares a story or two about the pieces to be heard. He is a HE Industry Treasure.

And, the Magico M6 with the Q18 subs and supporting gear from Luxman and Avid were exceptional.
    Mike
    You have had a different experience than a few of us previously had. Three of us finally walked out after having to listen to some really crappy selections.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    Mike
    You have had a different experience than a few of us previously had. Three of us finally walked out after having to listen to some really crappy selections.
    Jim - Mikey was funny and played some really good vinyl. He covered most genres with exceptionally good vinyl. The room was packed and remained full with standing room only for the one hour session. I guess he was truly on top of his game today.

Mike

All 3 of my brothers, my girlfriend, our daughter and I came out to the Expo today, had a blast and I took a load of pictures. I think a few of us might just come back tomorrow for a few hours to go through a few floors and rooms that we didn't make it to.

We saw Michael Fremer in one of the hallways as well as Mat Weisfeld of VPI on another floor, then Gene DellaSala of Audioholics walked into the Raven Audio room that we were in.

Just a couple of notes...

The Carver room was horrible. Too much "brittle" treble, very thin mids, non-existent mid-bass, and totally separated low bass from the mains coming from the REL sub in the corner. Totally unimpressed and totally disappointed.

The Martin Logan room was very good except for the fact that the sub was cranked up way too high. Way too much bass. If there was a gnat on the wall on one of the recordings and it farted, the sub would have blown the windows right out of that room.

The Jolida Audio room... That was some tasty looking and sounding gear, and not for a whole lot of scratch either, less than the PS Audio Stellar gear that I had. Very impressive sound as well as the "Dimension" feature on the preamp, though I think he went a little overboard with the dial, but still, very impressive, very W-I-D-E sound stage.

For me, the best of show that I heard were the MurAudio and MC Audiotech rooms. Most neutral, natural, PURE sound from both of these systems. Highly impressive bass output from the MurAudio SP1 loudspeakers with their four 5" drivers in sealed enclosures in an MTM configuration, and the most natural, effortless, deepest, realistic bass from the four 18" drivers in the folded dipole bass sections of the MC Audiotech Forty-10 loudspeakers.

The last time I heard bass like that coming from the Forty-10's was my old huge and ugly H-frame dipole subs running two 15" drivers each. I may just build myself a pair of similar folded open baffle (dipole) bass sections for my system again one day. That kind of natural, effortless, realistic bass is intoxicating and extremely difficult to replicate with traditional box subs no matter what size or price.

Anyway, on with some pics...

Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

And a few more...

Pass Labs XP-20 | Auralic Altair G1 | Odyssey Audio Stratos Monoblocks | JVC XL-Z411 | Nakamichi DR-1 | Technics SL-1700MK2 | Magnepan 1.7i | SVS PB-1000 Pro x 2

Wow....great show! Enjoyed the heck out of it!
    My ranking:
    Bigboy room: MBL over the top with the most realist sound and presence. Yes I had my new hearing aids in place.
    Small boy room: 1: Magico M2’s.....did everything right.
    2: yep I loved the Borrensens despite going in with negative mind. I wish I could have heard them at lower volume though as I’m not sure if they would scale down.
    3: Stenheim sounded legit as my milenial son says.....lol. I have no idea of their price point but I could be happy with them also.
    Congrats to everyone involved in bring a world class show to Florida!
    Larry

Lumin U1
    Chord Dave Dac
    Vac Master Preamp
    Vac 200IQ Amp
    Magico S3 Mk2 in Mcast Pewter
    Denali 6000S
    Ansuz and MIT cabling
    Timbernation walnut racks

Thanks for all the pics and impressions. Jealous. Hopefully I’ll get to AXPONA again this year so I can participate in all the fun!
    Morgan

NEW SYSTEM UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Congrats on a great show, and looks like a fun time. and thank you to all for the great pictures and comments.

can't wait to get to Axpona in April.

Wow, looks “legit”! Big congrats to Mike and everyone that is involved. Wish I could be there.

Stenheim got me quite interested. Minimalist look and Mike’s endorsement on sound.

Luxman 900 series seems to be gaining traction. Been seeing them everywhere.

We were wanting to go back today for a bit, but just had too much to do here around the house and such. Plus it doesn't help that I have to go into work tonight at 5:30pm. I would be dead tired at that point. Now if I didn't have to work, that would be a different story.

I wish there were more of these types of shows in Florida. We absolutely loved being there and seeing/hearing all of the gear. And of course, I really enjoyed taking all of the pictures. If only I could get a job traveling the world being a photographer for all of these shows. Now that would be the life!... With a real DSLR of course. Though this Galaxy Note 10 Plus does an outstanding job on its own.

[QUOTE=brad225;294204]

In the bottom picture are the very small Kiso Acoustics entry level speaker. They had a 4" woofer and 1" dome tweeter. The sound from them was amazing.

The cabinets are built by Takamine Guitar in Japan. The structure is very much like a guitar. thin wood with similar braces inside. The cabinet is made to resonate with with the drivers.

They produced much lower frequency than you would expect. If you ever get the chance to listen to them don't miss the chance.

That said the price started at $9,500 plus stands, never the less they were great. I went into that room 3 times.
    did you catch the distributor's name for the HB-1? the retail was/is at least 2x in the EU

The FL Expo Team did put together a great show. Again, the show demonstration rooms almost doubled in just one year from 35 to 67!

Below are my Top 10 Systems: (Top 3 in order of preference and the rest not so)

1. Magico M6, Magico Q18, Luxman Pre, Power Amps and CDP, Avid TT with SME Arm, Avid Phono Stage, Critical Mass racks, Audioquest - This system came together nicely and was properly showcased by Michael Fremer on Saturday with fantastic vinyl.
    2. MBL 101E MKII with MBL Amplification and Digital Front End, Wireworld cables - Nicely setup room with an excellent musical presentation. Perhaps a little light on the bass due to the room (square and very large).
    3. VAC, VS, Esoteric, Kronos - Impressive VAC mono blocks driving the VS 11s. It’s a wow system but sometimes the scale of some instruments does not feel right.

Top 4 - 10 in no particular order:

- Fyne, Pass, Aurender, VPI, Shunyata - Suncoast room with the new Fyne 702s. Very musical and a great sounding at its price point. Played vinyl most of the weekend.
    - Zesto, Vimberg, Merril, Cardas - George and Carol consistently have great sounding rooms in shows. I really liked the Zesto - Vimberg combination.
    - Borresen, Avik, Ansuz, Naim - The little Borresens rock. Very dynamic and clean sounding. A bit pricey tho.
    - Joseph Audio, Doshi, VPI - Once again Nick and Jeff put together a very nice sounding room.
    - Muradio, Simaudio - The SP1 speakers sounded good although not as good as last year. They were being driven by a small integrated.
    - MC Audiotech, Linear Audio - Unique looking speaker but with a very seamless presentation top to bottom.
    - MSB, Magico - Magico M2, MSB Ref DAC and Transport, MSB stereo amp. Very quiet background with sheer musicality.
    - Wilson, VTL - Sasha DAWs with VTL amplification. A better presentation than last year. Sounded really good on Friday with a slight bass overhang (no room treatments). On Saturday it was standing room only
    the several times I visited.

Ok, I did 11 favorites!

It was a lot of fun!

Mike

[QUOTE=brad225;294204]

In the bottom picture are the very small Kiso Acoustics entry level speaker. They had a 4" woofer and 1" dome tweeter. The sound from them was amazing.

The cabinets are built by Takamine Guitar in Japan. The structure is very much like a guitar. thin wood with similar braces inside. The cabinet is made to resonate with with the drivers.

They produced much lower frequency than you would expect. If you ever get the chance to listen to them don't miss the chance.

That said the price started at $9,500 plus stands, never the less they were great. I went into that room 3 times.
    These sounded awesome. I kept peaking to see if there were sub woofers somewhere. Just great sounding in A very small form factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Amplification: DartZeel 468 (2) // DartZeel NHB18NS Mk. II
    Tuner: MagnumDynalab 108T/SE
    Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Equalizer/Phono Pre: DSAudio Master3
    Speakers: TAD R-1 MkII, REL Six Pack of REL Carbon Specials
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    DAC/Serv-stream: LampiZator Horizon/ Taiko Extreme
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond SE Speaker Cables
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work
    Critical Mass Systems Ultra-Q Rack > Silence Focus Amp Stands

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post

The ranking . . .

1. Magico / Luxman / Avid / SME / Pulsare / AudioQuest / Critical Mass: This was an easy choice. This system had far and away the most natural, realistic sound of the three. I could have listened all day and been happy.
    2. MBL / Wireworld / United Home Audio: Although I wanted a bit more bass, the highs were a delight, and the spacious sound was enveloping in the best possible sense. Very nice.
    3. Von Schweikert / VAC / Esoteric / Aurender / Kronos / Airtight / Critical Mass: The bass was deep and concussive, and certain aspects of the sound revealed the pedigree of the system, but the highs were overbearing, and it was played just too loud.

I vote that the mágicos were far above this class. The mbl’s were good and the von schweikert’s were just too much for me. I could never see myself in a room with those things, even if I won the lotto.

Table/Cart: J.Sikora Reference // Integrity HiFi Tru-Glider - DSAudio GrandMaster EX // Integrity HiFI Tru-Glider - Ortofon A Mono
    Power: Nordost QBase8 Mk3, QX4, Qkore1, 3 and 6 (chassis), QK1 (2), QV2 (2), Chord GroundAray (signal), Chord Line Aray (3), Chord Professional, AddPOWR EAU2 (2)
    Elrod Master Statement Diamond PCs (7), Evolution Acoustics 50 ohm (Zeel Connection), Nordost Odin2 IC (2), Nordost Valhalla II USB, CH Acoustic X20 IC, Final Touch Audio Elara PCs (6)
    AudioDesk Systeme RCM
    CMS Ultra 2.0 Footers TT (2) and TD (2), Revopods (2) and SortKones and EVPs where they work

And if you heard the lampizator pacific in room 408, it is sitting in the back of my truck as I type this (along with the superkomputer).

BIG shout out to the show organizers - very well done.

AudioDesk Systeme RCM

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Hounddog View Post
    And if you heard the lampizator pacific in room 408, it is sitting in the back of my truck as I type this (along with the superkomputer).

Congrats!!

My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

The Packup!

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Congrats on the Lampi gear!

The Michael Fremer event in the Suncoast Audio Room today.

And Conrad I see....

How do you like those Stenheims Mike? Are you a distributor now? Well done on a great show.

Congrats! That was a balanced one wasn’t it? What tubes did it come with?

Heard these at the nyc show last year nice sound
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33
    Infinity IRS-V speakers with Xover redone by Arie Nudell.

The triangle art room was excellent to my ears all triangle and usher speakers. great analog sound , fast , dynamic and natural.
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33

TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33

I heard the room had great sound, but its what I would imagine from $190K retail front-end driving the Daedelus speakers.

That VAC amp is as fast as lightning and with Lampi Pac and SK fronting it....you would have to work hard to make it sound bad.

Enjoy the Pac and SK!

Mike: Great show as always. Congrats to you and AJ and the gang! Onward and upward. Perhaps next year I can make it...
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by Howiebrou View Post
    How do you like those Stenheims Mike? Are you a distributor now? Well done on a great show.
    Well, not really. Stenheim wisely doesn’t want a distributor, just a few key dealers in specific regions in the U.S. Jean-Pascal, the owner of Stenheim flew from Switzerland for the show to help us work the room and answering any questions the attendees or press had. We displayed the Alumine 3’s for people to hear and the 2’s on static display.

JPP is a REALLY tip top guy.
    NORMAN
    Custom PC with Memory Player Software Suite/ Modded Denon CD transport>Lampi GG1 (and sometimes PACIFIC) DHT tube Dac> Rowen 850W Isolating Transformer/ Rowen SS Preamp and PA1 monoblocs/Lampi Silk power cond. with Phase flipper> Heil AMT KITHARA & Syrinx in parallel hookup. Swiss cables (Reference line) for PC/interconnects and speaker cables. Goldmund Sweetcord PC. FTA Callisto unpowered USB cable. Basic analog: vintage Lenco L78 TT with Rowen mat, Denon MM cart, iFi iPhono2 with 15v Hynes SR3 LPSU. Synology 12 TB NAS. 2nd system:KenWin Bluetooth speaker 3rd system TBI Millemnium amp with Aulos speakers and SB Duo hookup.

welcome to the family
    TUBEZATOR

preamp ML26
    amps ML No.33

Hahahah...! Congrats and a truck you would need indeed ...

Well, not really. Stenheim wisely doesn’t want a distributor, just a few key dealers in specific regions in the U.S. Jean-Pascal, the owner of Stenheim flew from Switzerland for the show to help us work the room and answering any questions the attendees or press had. We displayed the Alumine 3’s for people to hear and the 2’s on static display.
    Good luck with them. Truly excellent speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Hahahah...! Congrats and a truck you would need indeed ...
    Good seeing you sah. Hope you and the Mrs enjoyed the show and some Asian food.

Thanks

Yes , enjoyed the show and your demonstration , must say i was thrown off by the tubes was expecting a full Class D presentation we enjoyed the tubes anyway and appreciated the lack of Funeral music, which seemed to be the Norm in most rooms..

Again , another Great show ...

Regards

Thanks great show Mike. The MSB/Magico room was the standout for me.
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Soundfield View Post
    Good seeing you sah. Hope you and the Mrs enjoyed the show and some Asian food.
    Wish I was there, Mr Campion...
    NORMAN

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    Wish I was there, Mr Campion...
    Feb 12th-14th 2021...the Superbowl of audio

Quote Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
    Yes , enjoyed the show and your demonstration , must say i was thrown off by the tubes was expecting a full Class D presentation we enjoyed the tubes anyway and appreciated the lack of Funeral music, which seemed to be the Norm in most rooms..
    Hah, I hear you. Dropped in to a few rooms myself. Couple, I thought I was still in the elevator.

cheers,

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by wisnon View Post
    JPP is a REALLY tip top guy.
    I second that - great great guy!

Overall i had a lot of fun seeing some familiar faces and hearing some great systems. The exhibitors were all very complimentary of the space and the traffic. You're going to need a bigger hotel soon!
    Aurender > Weiss > Audio Research > SoundField
    Oppo > Lexicon > Hegel > SoundField

Let me also add that AJ Soundfield sounded really nice. He had two pairs of transducers - ~ $3,800 /pr and ~ $7,500 / pr. Very enjoyable room.

Nicely done AJ!

Mike

Let me also add that AJ Soundfield sounded really nice. He had two pairs of transducers - ~ $3,800 /pr and ~ $7,500 / pr. Very enjoyable room.

Nicely done AJ!

Agreed!!
    Aurender > Weiss > Audio Research > SoundField
    Oppo > Lexicon > Hegel > SoundField

I just wanted to add, my favorite vendor was Vinh Vu of Ginkgo Audio.

Vinh took all of us in (my 3 brothers, my girlfriend and our daughter) and made us feel right at home in his room. Extremely friendly, extremely funny, and extremely informative. We were there for a good 30 minutes or so with him. I'm pretty sure our daughter tried out every pair of headphones Vinh had on hand, as well as the different cables.

I never did take any pics of his room though for some reason. Probably because he kept us all engaged and entertained.

Nicely done AJ!
    Thanks Mike, glad you and Jose made it by.

AJ/Soundfield deserves an award for the most honest marketing!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Squeezebox Touch/Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB + Oppo 205 > Conrad Johnson CT5 preamp and Premier 350 amp > Martin Logan Expression 13A's and two ML BF210 subs. Audience Au24e I/C's & speaker cable. Member of the Suncoast Audiophile Society.

Nicely done AJ!
    +1
    The best his speakers have sounded for me.
    Synology 1019D+ - SGC Sonictransporter I9 w Roon/HQ Player- UltraRendu- PBD Stream IF to Playback Designs MPS5 via fiber optic - ARC 40th Anniversary Pre - ARC 610 T's - Martin Logan CLX's - 4 Martin Logan Depth i Subs - Shunyata Hydra, DIY PCOCC interconnects, speaker cables and power cords with Furutech terminations. Blue Jeans CAT 6's. Acoustically treated room with one permanent chair.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Florida Audio Expo - Pictures and Comments