Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

The Absolute Sound Subscription

Anyone else have difficulty getting their digital subscription to work? Once registered, you're supposed to be able to click on the current issue and read your digital copy. I've subscribed but evidently it's not recognizing my subscription...or something like that??? This has been going on for several months. Yes, I said several months. I've even unsubscribed and resubscribed. I'm running your basic, everyday, Windows 10.

They keep asking me if I've enabled pop ups. I've told them yes...repeatedly. And that's as far as it goes. Then I'll let a week or two pass and try it again. Then it's the same thing all over again. I'll go to my account, log in, check to make sure pop ups are allowed, and click on a magazine cover and...nothing happens. I'm able to log in and access my account but when I click on the magazine covers as directed nothing happens.

Any suggestions? I'm sure it's not the case but I sort of feel like I've been scammed. I think The Absolute Sound is a reputable magazine. But I'm just going in circles with them on getting my digital subscription to work.
    Amplifier: Pass Labs INT 250 integrated.

DAC/Streamer: MSB Discrete Dual Power Supply.

Server: Roon Nucleus with lifetime subscription.

Speakers: Harbeth Super HL 5+ 40th Anniversary
    Model.

Headphones/Amp: Focal Stellia phones, NAIM Uniti Atom Headphone Edition headphone amp/music player/server/streamer.

Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 speaker cables,
    Mackenzie interconnects.

Speaker Stands: HiFi Man.

Re: The Absolute Sound Subscription

I did not renew my subscription last year, same problem, subscription was still valid, but for months not able to read the magazine, numerous e-mails sent at that time.
    Moon 700i V2, YG Acoustics Hailey, Aurender N10, dCS Rossini, Oppo BDP103D (audiopraise board), Ansuz Mainz 8 D2

Quote Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
    I did not renew my subscription last year, same problem, subscription was still valid, but for months not able to read the magazine, numerous e-mails sent at that time.

Hmmm.....interesting. Just received another computer generated response. Soon there will be an email message saying make sure your pop up blocker is disabled (pop ups allowed). Business as usual. That's the extent of their efforts thus far. If they don't make much more of an effort to rectify this issue I'm about to give them a lot of "free advertising". Ignore me and I won't go away. Anyone else besides imprezap2 and myself had this problem? I have a feeling there is a lot more of this going on than we know. Too bad. Seems like a decent rag aside from their subscription issues.

Model.

Headphones/Amp: Focal Stellia phones, NAIM Uniti Atom Headphone Edition headphone amp/music player/server/streamer.

Mackenzie interconnects.

Guys,

Sorry for the problems you are having with the TAS digital subscription. We are in the process of developing a new app with a new provider. We will have this sorted out soon.

Lee
    President, Nextscreen LLC, publisher of TAS, hifi+ and WindingRoad.com
    Reference System:
    Continuum Audio Labs Caliburn, Lyra Etna Lambda
    dCS Rossini APEX DAC, master clock, transport
    Revox PR99 modified by Soren Wittrup, A77 Mark II tape decks
    Audio Research Ref 6SE and Ref Phono 3SE Preamplifiers
    Audio Research Ref 160 Stereo Amplifier
    Wilson Audio Alexia V in Cranberry Pearl and black hardware
    Wilson Audio LoKe subwoofer in Cranberry Pearl and black hardware x 2

I find it much easier to just pop into my local Barnes and Noble once a month, buy a cup of coffee at their café and read TAS there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Scoggins View Post
    Guys,

Sorry for the problems you are having with the TAS digital subscription. We are in the process of developing a new app with a new provider. We will have this sorted out soon.

Lee

Lee, that's good news. And thank you for your response. I really do appreciate it. I'll kick back, relax, and give you guys a chance to get things more operational. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Model.

Mackenzie interconnects.

I dislike digital magazines so I stick with print versions.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    i dislike digital magazines so i stick with print versions.
    x2 ………..
    Cheers ! …. Dave

x3........

I haven't had a problem with my TAS digital subscription but I use their app on my iPad.
    MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp, SST Son of Ampzilla II Amp, PS Audio Directstream DAC w/Bridge II, PS Audio Directstream Memory Player, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, ELAC 3070 Sub, Roon Nucleus w/8TB SSD storage

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - HiFi Rose RS250, KEF LS50W Nocturne Speakers

I am 100% for as many digital subscriptions as possible. As long as I can download the issues as PDF files so a) I can use the PDF reader of my choice and b) I'm not locked into having to use someone else's app to access the content. TAS currently allows this, Stereophile forces you to use the Zinio app (or their own Zinio-branded app). What happens to my content when either Stereophile or Zinio go belly up?

I also don't have an issue with my TAS digital subscription, but I'm doing the same thing as Projectman -- except using an Android tablet instead.
    Electronics: Pass Labs XP-22, Pass Labs X250.8
    Digital: T+A DAC 200, Auralic Aries G1, Sony UBP-X800M
    Analog: Pro-Ject X2 w/ Ortofon 2M Black, iFi Phono3 Phonostage
    Speakers: Janszen Audio Valentina P8, SVS SB13-Ultra
    Other: David Laboga Custom Audio/Shunyata/Audioquest cabling, PS Audio PowerPlant 15

With you on that, every time I have tried it, it’s too awkward with page flips and reduced size, despite able to zoom in.

Maybe more old school, but having it in your hands and flip to where you want is second to none

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by bluegrassphile View Post
    . Anyone else besides imprezap2 and myself had this problem?
    Yes, I and a number of other potential customers on TAS' Facebook group page have had the exact same problems. If memory serves from reading the posts back in mid-2019 on the FB page, the subscription failure modes have been a problem for over a year now.

Lee is a good buddy, very experienced and proactive, so I am confident he is on the case and will get this problem resolved ASAP.

Cheers.

That's good news. I actually think TAS is a good magazine. I'm looking forward to my digital copies. Hope it doesn't take too much longer. I'll keep checking to see if my digital magazine copies are activated.

Model.

Mackenzie interconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Scoggins View Post
    Guys,

Lee
    Many thanks for the feedback Lee. I have also had the same issues. Also, could you please see if the digital version can be made available the same day as the print version as my digital issues is always later. Hope the new app is ready soon. Thanks for your support.

I've found the print version is much easier to read in the bathroom......
    T+A MP3100HV, T+A PA3100HV. Custom made Furutech cables with ETP-609 distributor with NCF outlets, Harbeth 40.2 Anniversaries.

We will try to make the digital version available on the same day as print if possible.
    Reference System:
    Continuum Audio Labs Caliburn, Lyra Etna Lambda
    dCS Rossini APEX DAC, master clock, transport
    Revox PR99 modified by Soren Wittrup, A77 Mark II tape decks
    Audio Research Ref 6SE and Ref Phono 3SE Preamplifiers
    Audio Research Ref 160 Stereo Amplifier
    Wilson Audio Alexia V in Cranberry Pearl and black hardware
    Wilson Audio LoKe subwoofer in Cranberry Pearl and black hardware x 2

Don't know when things are to be sorted out but I just checked my subscription and it's not working yet.

Model.

Mackenzie interconnects.

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

The Absolute Sound Subscription