Momentum HD vs Arc Ref40 Preamp - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Momentum HD vs Arc Ref40 Preamp

One other question, do you think there will be a new pre-amp which will be produced for the Relentless (although it will be a different price level I should imagine)? Maybe trickle down into a further update to the Momentum HD?
    Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marck1973 View Post
    One other question, do you think there will be a new pre-amp which will be produced for the Relentless (although it will be a different price level I should imagine)? Maybe trickle down into a further update to the Momentum HD?
    Thoughts?
    Yes I was talking to Dan at the world introduction to for the XVX speakers and he hopes to have it ready for the Munich show. I am looking forward to seeing the design. Multiple boxes if I remember correctly.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata

3. Thanks Ritmo thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the latest Stereophile and Jason Serinus's review of the Momentum HD? In the text of the article, there is a mini interview with Dan D'Agostino wherein Dan mentions that many of the improvements to the HD version came from his developmental efforts of the Relentless preamp, so the HD IS the trickle down. BTW, Serinus wrote a very positive review of the Momentum HD and preferred it to his ARC Ref 6 by a substantial margin. Of course, he might be considered as biased towards D'Agostino products based on his rave review of the Progression monoblocks that are currently in his system.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jim,
    So I should imagine at a completely different price level, more in keeping with one of the Relentless monoís!! Be interesting to see what it is though. Munich isnít that far away now
    Thanks
    M.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up re the review, will take a read of that. I did hear the HD incorporated trickle down from the Relentless. Was wondering if he had uncovered other areas when building the new Relentless preamp. Suppose we will see soon.

I would say the Ref6 to HD is probably not a fair comparison. Maybe Ref10 or Ref40 be better, but even still should imagine the resulting analysis would be the same. I will find out soon!!

M.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marck1973 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up re the review, will take a read of that. I did hear the HD incorporated trickle down from the Relentless. Was wondering if he had uncovered other areas when building the new Relentless preamp. Suppose we will see soon.

I would say the Ref6 to HD is probably not a fair comparison. Maybe Ref10 or Ref40 be better, but even still should imagine the resulting analysis would be the same. I will find out soon!!

M.
    Yes, I suspect the Relentless preamp will be a four box affair and probably 80K or more....maybe a lot more.
    I know that D'Agostino is also working on the Progression integrated to be released soon. It will be offered at a very attractive price, by D'Agostino standards.
    Yes Marc, do let us know what you think of the Momentum HD. I am smitten by it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Milt View Post
    Yes, I suspect the Relentless preamp will be a four box affair and probably 80K or more....maybe a lot more.
    I know that D'Agostino is also working on the Progression integrated to be released soon. It will be offered at a very attractive price, by D'Agostino standards.
    Yes Marc, do let us know what you think of the Momentum HD. I am smitten by it.
    I reckon way more than £80k, probably closer to the £125k of a mono amp! So not in my league!!

Will let you know, I think I will be rather smitten too....
    M.

Post Thanks / Like

U might want to think about this:

Get rid of the dCS stack and REF40 preamp. Move to an MSB SelectII and use it as your preamp as well as your dac. I think you'll be amazed at the improvement. Then get the MSB M500 amps......then you'll have amazing synergy...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsrule View Post
    U might want to think about this:

Get rid of the dCS stack and REF40 preamp. Move to an MSB SelectII and use it as your preamp as well as your dac. I think you'll be amazed at the improvement. Then get the MSB M500 amps......then you'll have amazing synergy...
    Thanks for the suggestion, although wont be getting rid of my DCS Vivaldi stack, I think it is superb. Also the M400's are just something else, best amps I have ever heard / had in my system by a long way.

M.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2