Bakoon
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Thread: Bakoon

Post Thanks / Like

Bakoon

Very interesting amps, that not many know about.

Designed by Akira Nagai, of Japan, these amps are built around his SATRI circuit which controls the signal through current instead of voltage. He developed this circuit as a unique way of controlling distortion without using negative feedback (and the time delay that comes with negative feedback).

The amp I demoed, the 13r, is 25 watts/channel and more than enough to power my Horn speakers. They also make a 50 and 100 watt amp.

Anyway, though I by no means have listened to a lot of solid state amps, I was quite surprised by the transparency, expansive soundstage, speed, body and beautiful tonality of this amp. It's interesting that I get no listener fatigue even on less than optimal recordings.

I'm thinking that the low distortion and timing accuracy relieve the constant brain-strain of filtering through the distortion haze of the tube designs I'm used to listening to.

http://www.bakoon.com/product/amp-13r/
    Source: Taiko Audio Server, Cisco 2960 Switch, Gigafoil, Lampizator Pacific Dac. Amp: Luxman 300q power amp Speakers: AvantGarde Duo Mezzo XD, Cables: Alan Maher Designs Power, Duelund Speaker, Shunyata Sigma IC's Audioquest Diamond ethernet. Room Treatment Vicoustic.

2. Thanks Mr Peabody thanked for this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakoon

I've been reading a lot of great things about the Bakoon amps. The 13r, I think, is probably the most afordable of their amps. I would absolutely love to hear Bakoon.
    Joe

Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.