Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Wilson Watt Puppy 5.1's coming have a question

Hello forum members. I'm new to the forum here but I'm fairly active on some other Audio Forums like the PS Audio's site. I could use some advice regarding connections to the speakers. I have a holy grail coming, a pair of one owner Watt Puppy 5.1's. I'm currently running a Siltech loom of cables. The 330 and 550 cables. My current speakers are bi wired with banana connectors. I don't think that I'll be able to use the bi-wire connections. The upper binding post appears to have a plastic plug in the binding post. Does someone know whether I can use my current cables or do I need to replace them? That said are Siltech going to be too bright? I use them into KEF's now and they sound great.
    PS Audio BHK Pre, BHK 300's, Direct Stream DAC, Perfect Wave Transport, P5, WOO Audio WA5-LE, Focal Utopia Headphones, Lavricables Headphone Cable, Intel NUC with ROON Rock, Matrix, HDPlex 300W LPS, EtherRegen , Custom Ethernet Cables, Wilson Audio Sasha 1, Iconoclast and Siltech Loom for Speakers, IC’s, power. NRG Custom Cables for high current, Shunyata NR for DAC, Nordost Red Dawn for peripheral devices. California Audio Technologies CAT600.2 amp.

Re: Wilson Watt Puppy 5.1's coming have a question

From my understanding they are single wire with the second set of binding posts being for the "tail" between the two sections. So the bi-wire cables aren't necessary at all. As to the plug in the post it may be a rubber insert and come out. They should be WBT posts.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

wish you a lot of fun with your new speaker.
    i used to have watt-puppy nr6.
    i would really sell the siltech, too wrong to do anything.
    i recommend to go for a 2nd hand transparent audio.

same time

well you simply cant put 2 bananas in 1 hole...

and lol, actually i use a wilson with bi-wire cables. but this are not bananas. i just put one on each other and thighten the screw

Hey WD507,
    Congratulations on your new speakers. Wilson speakers are not bi-wireable. They are designed not to be. No need to make decisions about cables until you get your speakers and listen to them. Plenty of time for those choices later. Enjoy.
    Wilson Yvette speakers, [B]Conrad-Johnson [ART88 [B]pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART 27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Wireworld Gold and Platinum ICs, USB and power cables, Rega Planar 10 turntable/ Apheta cartridge, Wireworld Platimum Eclipse 8 speaker cables, AQ Hurricane and Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 6000S/V2, Sigma NR PC and DELTA USB cords, Symposium and Stillpoint vibration control, JL Audio Fathom 113 subwoofer, dCS Bartok Streamer/DAC

Audioshark

Welcome and congrats on the new speakers. I agree with Bob, just be patient and wait to try them. I don’t find Siltech cables bright.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Well The Speakers Arrived on Friday. Like all things that are almost a generation old, they have a story that wasn't shared. The original crates that came from Galen Carol back in the 90's, were time capsules. Physically, these speakers could be a week old. No nicks, dings or any other signs of physical infraction. However, the promised complete accessories and and manual were a little short of the mark. The manual is as if it was printed yesterday, perfect. The accessories themselves amounted to the small diodes and spikes and not the long, threaded posts and spacers and no casters and no optional tuning port and no tools. The casters were easily resolved with some hardware store 3/8 - 16 threaded casters. After I peeled back the original factory foam grills I noticed that the tweeters weren't perfect. At some point someone had used a pencil eraser to try to shape them, and big disappointment here. They play fine but damn what was the original owner thinking. I guess that after a few years they lost interest and just let them exist. My local Wilson dealer is on the case and is ordering new tweeters for me and best of all they'll come to the house to replace them. Sure it's an unexpected expense, but I expected something, as these purchases can be too good to be true. The good news is that I love the sound and I'm happy with the purchase. Yes I'll be a little over their resale value, but hell I'll get plenty of time with these. Down the road, these will become the part of a second system that I'm planning and I'm starting to look for another pair of Wilson's. On another note, I've moved up the Siltech line of Speaker Cabling and they do sound really good even after a few days of breaking in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Watchdog507; February 16, 2020 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Picture
    PS Audio BHK Pre, BHK 300's, Direct Stream DAC, Perfect Wave Transport, P5, WOO Audio WA5-LE, Focal Utopia Headphones, Lavricables Headphone Cable, Intel NUC with ROON Rock, Matrix, HDPlex 300W LPS, EtherRegen , Custom Ethernet Cables, Wilson Audio Sasha 1, Iconoclast and Siltech Loom for Speakers, IC’s, power. NRG Custom Cables for high current, Shunyata NR for DAC, Nordost Red Dawn for peripheral devices. California Audio Technologies CAT600.2 amp.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchdog507 View Post
    Well The Speakers Arrived on Friday. Like all things that are almost a generation old, they have a story that wasn't shared. The original creates that came from Galen Carol back in the 90's, were time capsules. Physically, these speakers could be a week old. No nicks, dings or any other signs of physical infraction. However, the promised complete accessories and and manual were a little short of the mark. The manual is as if it was printed yesterday, perfect. The accessories themselves amounted to the small diodes and spikes and not the long, threaded posts and spacers and no casters and no optional tuning port and no tools. The casters were easily resolved with some hardware store 3/8 - 16 threaded casters. After I peeled back the original factory foam grills I noticed that the tweeters weren't perfect. At some point someone had used a pencil eraser to try to shape them, and big disappointment here. They play fine but damn what was the original owner thinking. I guess that after a few years they lost interest and just let them exist. My local Wilson dealer is on the case and is ordering new tweeters for me and best of all they'll come to the house to replace them. Sure it's an unexpected expense, but I expected something, as these purchases can be too good to be true. The good news is that I love the sound and I'm happy with the purchase. Yes I'll be a little over their resale value, but hell I'll get plenty of time with these. Down the road, these will become the part of a second system that I'm planning and I'm starting to look for another pair of Wilson's. On another note, I've moved up the Siltech line of Speaker Cabling and they do sound really good even after a few days of breaking in.
    Great it worked out, share some pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Congrats! I heard them when they were first introduced at a friends house and was amazed.Enjoy!

George

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Wilson Watt Puppy 5.1's coming have a question