Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Internal DAC vs Lumin U1, T2 ??

Also posted this in the Mcintosh Thread:

Hi, i need some help and advise :

My stereo set : MA8900, Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III.

My next buy wil be a streamer. I have listend to the Lumin T2 in a store before and loved it. But my Mcintosh has a DAC.

Should i go Lumin U1 ?

Will i lose out in performance if i buy a transporter only?

*I love the lumin app/interface, so i dont need suggestions for other brands of streamers.
    *I will listen to both the U1 and T2 at home before buying..
    Tnx in advance and rock on

Re: Internal DAC vs Lumin U1, T2 ??

Hi Birhan. In my opinion with a Lumin T2 you are going to improve the sound of your equipment a lot. MC 8900 is a good team, but I don't think that the DAC surpasses the Lumin T2. The Lumin streamers (the models I heard) are all excellent for their price / quality.

Hi Andik777,

Thank you for your time and advice. Hopefully next week I will be able to do the test. I will report back about my findings for future reference for people with the "same" questions..

I see you have a Lumin A1, how does that work out for you and have you had prior DAC's?

Have a nice weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Andik777 View Post
    Hi Birhan. In my opinion with a Lumin T2 you are going to improve the sound of your equipment a lot. MC 8900 is a good team, but I don't think that the DAC surpasses the Lumin T2. The Lumin streamers (the models I heard) are all excellent for their price / quality.

Quote Originally Posted by AceBaran View Post
    Hi Andik777,

Thank you for your time and advice. Hopefully next week I will be able to do the test. I will report back about my findings for future reference for people with the "same" questions..

I see you have a Lumin A1, how does that work out for you and have you had prior DAC's?

Have a nice weekend.
    Hello, thanks for the good wishes, equally for you. Previously I had other streamers, Oppo sonica, Cambridge 851N, when I bought the Lumin D2 I loved the sound, (from D2 I am a fan of Lumin) to improve the sound of my team buy the A1, the change was surprising, unfortunately or fortunately I sold my A1 to a friend (he is in this forum) now I have a Lumin X1 on the way. My friend has pre and power MC, and the A1 sound drives people who listen to this equipment crazy.

Hi Andik , can't wait to hear what you think of the X1 , when you get it
    I have heard it myself .....so i think you will really be impressed.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    Hi Andik , can't wait to hear what you think of the X1 , when you get it
    I have heard it myself .....so i think you will really be impressed.
    Hi FDPDK. Thank you very much for your comment. I bought the D2 and A1 by the recommendation of the people of this forum, my purchases went perfect. I have no doubt that the X1 will make me happy

Audioshark

Hi FDPDK. Thank you very much for your comment. I bought the D2 and A1 by the recommendation of the people of this forum, my purchases went perfect. I have no doubt that the X1 will make me happy
    Congratulations. The X1 is a big big step up over the A1 and D2.
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Thanks Mike, I think in 2 weeks at most I will have it in my house. Oh and in 2 weeks I will get Shunyata cables.

Hello, thanks for the good wishes, equally for you. Previously I had other streamers, Oppo sonica, Cambridge 851N, when I bought the Lumin D2 I loved the sound, (from D2 I am a fan of Lumin) to improve the sound of my team buy the A1, the change was surprising, unfortunately or fortunately I sold my A1 to a friend (he is in this forum) now I have a Lumin X1 on the way. My friend has pre and power MC, and the A1 sound drives people who listen to this equipment crazy.
    Wow very nice buddy. Never listened to the X1 but I can imagine the quality. Congratulations with that awesome upgrade. My budget allows me the T2 haha. Next step is cables.. I am thinking a couple AQ thunder and AQ Robin Hood!

Have a nice day
    Mcintosh MA8900 || Sonus Faber Olympica Nova III || Taga Harmony Platinum 18-16C || X-odos Stream Pro || AudioQuest Niagara 1200 || Thunder Silent Angel N8

Wow very nice buddy. Never listened to the X1 but I can imagine the quality. Congratulations with that awesome upgrade. My budget allows me the T2 haha. Next step is cables.. I am thinking a couple AQ thunder and AQ Robin Hood!

Have a nice day
    Thank you. I'm sure you're going to enjoy T2. Good luck.

my Mcintosh has a DAC.

Should i go Lumin U1 ?
    Please get the T2.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    Please get the T2.
    Peter, are you recommending the T2 over the U1?

André
    ————————————————————————————————-
    Current System

Legacy Aeris Mains (with DSP Wavelet), Dual Legacy Foundation Subs, Legacy Marquis Center, Legacy Phantom Surrounds. Legacy Ice amps, Lumin U1 Transport, Oppo 105D, Marrantz 8807 processor with Morrow cables.

For users who do not already have a standalone DAC that is very good, or are only using the integrated DAC inside an amp, get the T2 and use its analog output.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Internal DAC vs Lumin U1, T2 ??