A Heavy Box ???

Calvin

Banned
Mike sent me a box? A heavy box!

What could it be?

attachment.php

Opening the big heavy box reveals yet another box. Is this some kind of joke or something just very well packed?

Oh, the clear blue printed tape says "Aurender"!

attachment.php

Let’s see what’s inside:

What another smaller box?

attachment.php

What’s inside the smaller box?

Cables!!! (it's nice that Aurender supplies cables, but I use Shunyata)

attachment.php

What's in the bigger box?

Whatever it is, it's wrapped in fabric and lots and lots of heavy-duty foam! Amazing packing job.

attachment.php

It’s huge. What is it?

attachment.php

An Aurender ACS10 - CD Ripper and Streamer!!!

attachment.php

The N100 was connected to the ACS10 with a Shunyata ethernet cable. The N100 streaming improved slightly, but noticeably!

The N100 is on top of the Pass Labs HPA-1 Headphone Amp (protected by carbon fiber pad).

"No" the Class A HPA-1 doesn't get hot (and sounds absolutely marvelous).

attachment.php

Just began ripping the eighth CD. Simple as calling Mike :hey: ejecting tray with button, placing a CD in tray, and closing tray with button. Aurender does the rest, including the album covers, and ejecting CD when it's finished, etc. So, simple even I can use it.

Overall construction: Very heavy. Nice silver finish. The CD tray is not near as good as the Luxman D-08u, but Luxman is difficult to beat in the CD / SACD / DAC department. The Luxman essentially turns CDs into vinyl and plays them so very well (no flame throwers please :ninja:). The Aurender has a great and very large colorful display (larger than N100). Fantastic color Album covers. Rips CDs very well. It plays fantastic!!!

I'm a ripping and I'm a playing. :panic:

Thanks Mike.

Attachments

• Boz 1.png
    Boz 1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 205
  • Box 2.png
    Box 2.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 207
  • Box 3.png
    Box 3.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 201
  • Box 5.png
    Box 5.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 199
  • Box 6.png
    Box 6.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 200
  • Box 7.png
    Box 7.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1172.JPG
    IMG_1172.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
  • Box 8.png
    Box 8.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 196
  • Box 4.png
    Box 4.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 199
Looking very good Joe! Happy everything fit into place as you had hoped and now you have one more way to enjoy your awesome system!

Looking very good Joe! Happy everything fit into place as you had hoped and now you have one more way to enjoy your awesome system!
Thanks Buddy. And many thanks for allowing me to use your MIT RCA cables for my headphones until my Shunyatas arrived.

Joe, enjoy the new 'gizmo' !

One other thing of note........ it's refreshing to see your speakers set up properly with plenty of room to breath, assuring a great soundstage both side to side as well as front to back !

Joe, enjoy the new 'gizmo' !

One other thing of note........ it's refreshing to see your speakers set up properly with plenty of room to breath, assuring a great soundstage both side to side as well as front to back !
Many thanks. I wish I could take credit for the speaker placement. But alas it was Mike and his crew! I've tweaked them ever so slightly, but nothing like Mike did with his lasers and all.

M3s seems to be calling me though. Setting those up will be fun :audiophile:

Many thanks. I wish I could take credit for the speaker placement. But alas it was Mike and his crew! I've tweaked them ever so slightly, but nothing like Mike did with his lasers and all.

M3s seems to be calling me though. Setting those up will be fun :audiophile:

Joe.. Sounds like you've just about made up your mind. Is it safe to assume that a M3 purchase is just around the corner?
I doubt it took much convincing.
Btw..congrats on the Aureder. Enjoy!.

Joe.. Sounds like you've just about made up your mind. Is it safe to assume that a M3 purchase is just around the corner?
I doubt it took much convincing.
Btw..congrats on the Aureder. Enjoy!.
I'm close. I have some doctor stuff to take care of first. That may take some time ... I'll find out next month ...

I'll go do a lot of listening to other systems first - dealers and friend's systems. [Unless I move again] this will be my last set of speakers (famous last words ...). But after having the finest glass of wine I've ever been served with the Magico A3s, a bottle of M3s is looking very good. Unfortuntely a M6 case of wine won't fit in the house unless I get rid of my wife's kitchen. But there is grill area outside ... :roflmao:I'll play it safe with the M3s

Very nice, congrats. You could change your moniker to “ripper”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing system. Adding the M3’s would be truly special! I’m a huge Pass and Magico fan. Well done.

It’s Joe’s fault I now have a pair of X260.8’s and XP22 on order for demo. That combo = ooooh la la.

Very nice, congrats. You could change your moniker to “ripper”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL - I use to be a homicide detective so ripper carries some rather bad connotations for me, as in Jack the Ripper .... :bonkers:

It’s Joe’s fault I now have a pair of X260.8’s and XP22 on order for demo. That combo = ooooh la la.

My fault :roflmao:

Hook it up to some M3s and I'll be up to listen to it.

Cool stuff, that makes it look so easy!

Eddie Trunk said the other day the CD renaissance is upon us, like we already don’t know that [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cool stuff, that makes it look so easy!

Eddie Trunk said the other day the CD renaissance is upon us, like we already don’t know that [emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
CDs are great and thru a Luxman D-08u I don't even need or desire a TT anymore. For me the Luxman makes CDs = analogue. The combo is absolutely amazing.

And with CDs, I don't have to mess with tone arms, cartridges, etc. I spend more time listening and enjoying ... but if you enjoy the later ... than that is GREAT too (my dad had TTs, Tape and Tubes and I had a TT early on, etc). No matter your flavor it's all fun ...

Back