Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Notice this with Tidal?

I don't have many albums in my Tidal favorites, I think less than 100 but I have noticed when clicking on some of the albums now the songs aren't available. Out of my small collection I bet at least 5 are now like that. I'm wondering if this is a bad sign. Regardless I am not happy about it. I was wondering if others have noticed this?

For this reason and not having a MQA DAC I'm pretty sure I'm going to try the Qobuz 30 day trial and if they have a good selection will probably switch. I can stream just a high rez album right?

I don't know if it's my browser or what but I am having trouble locating basic information on Qobuz, like do they have a family trial, are all the 3 tiers the same price, etc. It looks like the Studio high rez version is $15. Maybe I'll use my phone to look next, sometimes that clears out some of the clutter.
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Re: Notice this with Tidal?

I had similar issue. But in my case, only 3 or 4 out of 10 or so songs in the album are available. Then, after awhile it got okay again. Strange.

What you can observe with streaming services is that albums disappear after a while.
    They are suddenly no longer available.
    I see that more often with Tidal than with Qobuz.
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Banned

Hi,

I switched from Tidal to Qobuz. No regrets - and IMO a better streamer. I gave up my military discount on Tidal for the Qobuz quality. But at $14.99 for Qobuz Studio Premier I didn't lose anything.... I don't think they have a family plan. But you could send them an email and ask. They do have another tier that costs more, but I think it's only relevant if you desire to purchase a lot of downloadable files from Qobuz.

Aurender / Qobuz work very well together.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Hi,

I switched from Tidal to Qobuz. No regrets - and IMO a better streamer. I gave up my military discount on Tidal for the Qobuz quality. But at $14.99 for Qobuz Studio Premier I didn't lose anything.... I don't think they have a family plan. But you could send them an email and ask. They do have another tier that costs more, but I think it's only relevant if you desire to purchase a lot of downloadable files from Qobuz.

No family plan offered on Qobuz.

I’ve noticed music disappearing on Tidal as well. I’m thinking it must be related to royalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

I am not sure if i am right on this , but i have also tried the same , and thought it could be due to region restrictions !
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

This always happens. So people still buy music to make sure they do not lose access to their absolute must-have music for exactly this reason. This is what Sublime+ is good for.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I hit a ssnag with signing up, the app won't take my DOB. Anyway, I was wondering with using Aurender do you have to allow the Chromecast option or is that for something else? The website says something about using the app as a remote the Google/Chromecast should be on for high res but it was under using IOS.

It looks like I should be able to just play high res music from Qobuz. Where with Tidal I would at least need the MQA software to unfold partially the high res package.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    Hi,

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Quote Originally Posted by FDPDK View Post
    I am not sure if i am right on this , but i have also tried the same , and thought it could be due to region restrictions !
    I am sure you are correct regarding the regional restrictions. I think you see this quite often with greatest hits or compilation albums. When an artist changes labels and a compilation disc is created with tracks from more than one label not all regions will have the same access to all of the tracks.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Yes - I've had many albums disappear from Tidal. Sometimes they come back. Sometimes not.
    My solution was to have my entire account disappear from Tidal. Problem solved.
    Tom

Audio:
    Amati Futura Mains
    Amati Homage VOX Center,
    Proac Response 1sc Rears,
    Three MC2301's for L,C,R
    MC 602 for the rears
    C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 77
    Nottingham Dais with Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation
    SurfacePro 3, JRiver, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

Video:
    MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
    Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 80, Rega P3

OnDeck:
    McIntosh MAC 4300v

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    This always happens. So people still buy music to make sure they do not lose access to their absolute must-have music for exactly this reason. This is what Sublime+ is good for.
    Hi Peter , i agree.....only problem is that in Denmark we can not get Qobuz.
    And overall the problem for me personally isn't a great deal.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

I have experienced the disappearing act. I read that sometimes during data clean up an album or a track may be reassigned a different ID and that can result in the "unavailable" label.

If you have an album in your library that all of the sudden becomes "unavailable", try and look for the album in the Tidal (Qobuz) library. You may find the same album and be able to add it back to your library/favorites.

In other words, the album may still be available but "missplaced" due to an ID issue.

Notice this with Tidal?

I have experienced the same issue with Tidal. As nicoff mentioned, I think it might have something to do with the catalog ID number "change" and/or I seem to find the issue more often myself between albums that have the parental advisory warning versus not.

Just this past Saturday, I found all of my favorites for P!nk wouldn't play so I deleted them and re-added them but this time there were no parental advisory versions available. The non-parental advisory versions play just fine but censored.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Guess I’m lucky. I haven’t had any albums from Tidal disappear.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Guess I’m lucky. I haven’t had any albums from Tidal disappear.
    Same here. At least not that I can remember.

If one did I guess I would just pick something else to listen to.
    Jim

I don't find the songs or albums disappear from my playlists, they are just sometimes not playable when selected. At that point is when I delete them and re-do a search and add them back if they still remain in the catalog from Tidal.
    Avanti Audio

arc sp-11 or ls27 | arc d130 | vpi classic 2 w/periphery ring w/Si3N4 bearing & sapphire thrust plate & 2x jmw 10.5i | phoenix engineering eagle & road runner | ortofon cadenza bronze, miyajima zero mono | sentec eq11 w/ Sylvania 5751 TMBP & CBS 7318 | auditorium a23 | canton ref 9 dc | 2x m&k v125 | oppo bdp-95 | chord qutest | lumin d1 & sbooster | avanti audio vivace cables

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody View Post
    I hit a ssnag with signing up, the app won't take my DOB. Anyway, I was wondering with using Aurender do you have to allow the Chromecast option or is that for something else? The website says something about using the app as a remote the Google/Chromecast should be on for high res but it was under using IOS.

It looks like I should be able to just play high res music from Qobuz. Where with Tidal I would at least need the MQA software to unfold partially the high res package.
    You have to sign up with Qobuz first. After that just sign in on your Aurender. Don't worry about chrome cast....

I do have a 5 second delay selected. I'm not sure that's needed though. I'll probably reduce it to 2 or so... And I have the highest resolution selected. And you will be able to play Hi Rez - no folding, unfolding - no MQA ironing

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I am sure you are correct regarding the regional restrictions. I think you see this quite often with greatest hits or compilation albums. When an artist changes labels and a compilation disc is created with tracks from more than one label not all regions will have the same access to all of the tracks.
    I made a “think” statement over royalties. Does your explanation better define it?

Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Quote Originally Posted by UltraFast69 View Post
    I made a “think” statement over royalties. Does your explanation better define it?

Mine is just one of the reasons but regional restrictions are one of the top contributors. Linda Ronstadt's "Just One Look" seems like a good example. If you call up the album in the Roon app and the Tidal app different tracks show as available. I ended up ordering it off of HDTracks where again more tracks were available.
    Jim

It is weird but what I noticed is every now and then I will go to a favorite and it says no longer available. I delete it--and in all but maybe 2 cases I was able to search for it and add it back and play it. Tidal is strange but I am a fan.
    McInotsh MC75 (2) amps
    Audiophonics LPA-S400ET Class D amp
    Marchand XB44 crossover
    McIntosh C2500 pre
    Luxman 505Ux integrated to drive "B" Speakers
    EAT C Sharp with Ortofon Cadenza Blue
    TEAC SD1000/Yamaha SACD Blu Ray player
    Sonus Faber Olympica I
    dual Rythmik sealed subs
    AKG and Sennheiser phones, Feliks headphone amp
    Vintage Pioneer table and Kenwood 3 head tape deck
    Nitty Gritty RCM, and DeGritter
    McIntosh, AQ, Nordost, and Cullen Cables
    Mytek Brooklyn DAC+/Sonare Ultra Rendu, SGC I transporter 5
    Tidal and Roon

Let me understand, you're saying to search from the tidal app instead of roon and sometimes the unavailable tracks become available? I'll check it out. I really enjoy the songs off the first guardians of the galaxy movie and it no longer shows up on roon?
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

I'll be darned, it comes up on tidal but not roon.
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

I've had a similar issue with Qobuz. Sometime when I browse Qobuz with my Aurender I get different results compared to browsing using my desktop computer. Also Qobuz has problems with there are multiple artists with the same name.

But overall I'm happy with Qobuz. It sounds decent on my Aurender A10.
    Pre amp: Ocatve Phono Module Power amps: Octave MRE130 Turntable: SAC Girati Grande. Tonearm: Dynavector 507mkII Cartridge: Dynavector Ikeda 9TT Streamer: Aurender A10 Power Distributor: Anzus Mains D8 Speakers: Raidho X-3 Speaker Cables: AudioQuest Rocket 88 XLR Interlink: Ansuz A2, [B]XLR Interlink: [B]Phono interlink: Cammino Serie 1.0 - PH 1.0s Power cables: Anzus Mains Ceramic, two Pom, Aluminium, X series Audio Rack: Rack of Silence 4 and 2.

It happened again today, my Michel Petrucini album didn't have the songs. I did go back and searched him as an artist and found the album again and was able to add it again to my library. Maybe it was one of those renumbering things.

However, Charlie Haden's, Always Say Goodbye is just gone. I had to buy the CD to rip. A side note, the CD has an intro, Bogart from one of his movies, this was missing from the Tidal version. Maybe the album was released more than once or something. The album is out of print. I bought what was supposed to be a used "very good" version and it ended up being brand new still wrapped, nice.

SVS PC13 Ultra
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Notice this with Tidal?