Magnepan owners, please tell me what you have and amplifier(s) you use ... - Page 2
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magnepan owners, please tell me what you have and amplifier(s) you use ...

Thanks Mike. They are local too.
    Joe

Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two systems using Maggie’s. My main system uses the Maggie 1.7i with the Maggie bass panel -DWM. I bi amped the system - a new Krell K300i integrated amp push the 1.7i and a Son of Ampzilla push the DWM panel. My second system uses my old Maggie 1.6qr - but they are now modified by PETER GUN. I push them with a Krell S550i. Both systems are fed via my LUMIN D1 streaming Tidal HiFi with MQA. Very happy with the sound quality.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Tom!

Thank you.

I spoke to Peter Gun. Very nice guy.
    Joe

Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M, JBL 590.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3 (X2 - one as backup), Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

Ran my Maggies with Talk Electronics monoblocks(not enough current), tested Bryston 4B(ok), Magtech monoblocks excellent match but some hiss, currently using PS Audio BHK 300 monoblocks. Superb!

5. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are a few Magnepan dealers that speak highly of the Hegel H90 as the killer combo for the LRS.

7. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.

Hegel/Magnepan combo is very high on my list. I think I know who you are referring to and I love their enthusiasm. It’s a Canadian dealer, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by spinblackcircle View Post
    There are a few Magnepan dealers that speak highly of the Hegel H90 as the killer combo for the LRS.
    Joe

9. Likes spinblackcircle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe,

I am using MG3.7 with conrad-johnson. This is my favorite combo. I have used Modwright, Electrocompaniet, Pass, McIntosh, Parasound, W4S and BAT with Maggies. CJ is what I like most
    Jim
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    TubePlanar System: Conrad-Johnson / Magnepan / VPI

Main: Pass Labs / Luxman / Revel

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jim,

CJ and Maggie is an excellent combo. A friend here, Ray in NJ, has 20.7 and ART300s. I am sure the CJ/Maggie combo is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Q3Di View Post
    Joe,

I am using MG3.7 with conrad-johnson. This is my favorite combo. I have used Modwright, Electrocompaniet, Pass, McIntosh, Parasound, W4S and BAT with Maggies. CJ is what I like most
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Classe M600 worked perfect for 20.7s.

13. Likes joeinid liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Joe, what mods are you considering doing to the LRS? I heard great things about the speakers but haven't read anything about the mods. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast