Parasound Debuts Flagship Halo JC 1+ 450-Watt Monoblock Amplifier designed by John Curl - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Parasound Debuts Flagship Halo JC 1+ 450-Watt Monoblock Amplifier designed by John Curl

Welcome to the forum.

I’d love to hear your 625 S2.

Quote Originally Posted by ricred1 View Post
    I wonder if the JC1+ will be a step-up from my Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier?
    Joe

Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Avantgarde Duo XD, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated, Naim Supernait 2 w/ HiCap-DR.

Conrad Johnson GAT2, Wyred 4 Sound STP-SE Stage 2, Misho Myronov Wooden pre.

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Audioshark
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Parasound Debuts Flagship Halo JC 1+ 450-Watt Monoblock Amplifier designed by John Curl

Fanatic amp!

Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Audio Research, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Avantgarde Acoustics, Avid HiFi, Ayre Acoustics, Berkeley Audio Design, Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Chord, EMM Labs, FirstWatt, Focal Headphones, Furutech, Fyne Audio Loudspeakers, GigaFoil, Gryphon Audio, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Naim Audio, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Roon Labs, Shunyata Research, SimAudio, Stein Music Products, Stenheim Loudspeakers, Stillpoints, T+A Electronics, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I always wanted a pair of these. The JC5 has already proven itself to be wonderful. I can’t wait for reviews and opinions on the new JC1+ amps.
    I’ve got the JC5 home now for a demo. Very impressed so far. Will post impressions after I get more time with it.
    Morgan

Room:
    Dedicated 21’4” x 12’10” x 8’8” w/GIK Acoustics treatments
    Speakers: KEF Blade 2
    Amplification: Pass Labs X250.8, Cary SLP-05 w/Ultimate Upgrade
    Digital: Marantz SA-10, Bluesound Node 2, Intel NUC Roon Core
    Vinyl: EAT C-Sharp, Hana SL, EAT E-Glo S w/LPS
    Power: AudioQuest Niagara 5000 on dedicated 20 amp/10 gauge circuit
    Wires: AudioQuest William Tell, Earth, Leopard, Tornado
    Resonance & Isolation: Nordost Sort Kones - BC & AC, Herbie's Giant Decoupling Gliders

4. Thanks joeinid thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I answered my own question. I finally listened to the JC1+ amplifiers. To my ears they have outstanding bass control, but sound soft in the midrange and highend. I heard them on a pair of Raidho TD3.2 speakers. Maybe the results would be different in another system.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

I’d be curious to hear the 625 and JC1+ side by side on more conventional speakers. I really want to hear the Rowland in my system (not the Avantgarde). It’s definitely a wonderful amp.
    Joe

Misho Myronov Wooden amp, First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, Valvet E2se, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos.

Lumin U1 mini, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES, Audio Mirror Tubadour III NOS R2R Tube Dac w/ upgrades.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Post Thanks / Like

I answered my own question. I finally listened to the JC1+ amplifiers. To my ears they have outstanding bass control, but sound soft in the midrange and highend. I heard them on a pair of Raidho TD3.2 speakers. Maybe the results would be different in another system.
    Were they well broken in?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Were they well broken in?
    Yes, they were well broken-in. In the right system they would be hard to beat. If I already owned them I wouldn't sell them to purchase a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier. I own the Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier and wouldn't sell it to purchase the JC1+. There would have to be a very significant difference between them for me to change and to my ears there isn't enough of a difference to change.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a second listen to the JC1+ for several hours. The bass was still outstanding, but now the soundstage was a little more open. The midrange and highs were much more to my liking. It would be easy for me to just purchase them, but I'm concerned about the size of the JC1+ and once I have them home will I regret selling my 625 S2?

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

That’s a great question. Not an easy answer. I’m sure the JC1+ run hotter and there are two of them as well.

How does the treble compare? Is it as sweet and smooth as the 625 S2?

I had a second listen to the JC1+ for several hours. The bass was still outstanding, but now the soundstage was a little more open. The midrange and highs were much more to my liking. It would be easy for me to just purchase them, but I'm concerned about the size of the JC1+ and once I have them home will I regret selling my 625 S2?
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    That’s a great question. Not an easy answer. I’m sure the JC1+ run hotter and there are two of them as well.

How does the treble compare? Is it as sweet and smooth as the 625 S2?
    I still think the JC1+ is on the dark side of neutral. I think the 625 S2 is neutral, revealing what's on the recording. I think the 625 S2 treble is slightly more extended. Yesterday and earlier today I told a couple of my friends that I ordered the JC1+, but I just told the dealer to hold off. I just finished listening to my system and I just don't know why I'm even considering changing anything.
    I'm driving Monitor Audio PL500 ii speakers in a 20'x26' room and sometimes I think I need more power, but can't spend $50K to go to the next level of amplification. I'm crazy!
    Last edited by ricred1; April 1, 2020 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added text

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast