Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Lumin App crashes after updated to 6.1.14

Just updated the Lumin App on my IOS 13.3 iPad to the latest 6.1.14 version. Display of Album, etc are fine.
    But when I tap a song to play, the app crashes and quit.
    Please help fix

Super Moderator

Re: Lumin App crashes after updated to 6.1.14

Welcome to the forum.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Welcome to AS!

I upgraded to the Lumin 6.1.14 version of their app this morning. I have an iPad running on iOS 13.3. The Lumin app is working flawlessly. Loaded and played music from my library and from Tidal with no issues.

May want to shutdown and restart your iPad.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

If it still crashes, please find the crash log from Settings - Privacy - Analytics - Analytics Data and send it to info@luminmusic.com

Meanwhile you can use Esoteric Sound Stream app.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

I just had the upgrade as well , and dont have any issues so far. , apart from that i will say welcome to the forum , and hope you will get your problem solved.
    Flemming

Lumin X1
    Rotel Michi S5
    Focus Audio FS788

Inter connect : Nordost Tyr 2 ( 2 Meter )
    LS cable : Yter
    Power Cables : Nordost Frey 2 ( 2 Meter )
    Nordost QB8
    Fibercable for feeding the Lumin X1
    Rack : Finite Elemente Pagode

Quote Originally Posted by tmtsui View Post
    Just updated the Lumin App on my IOS 13.3 iPad to the latest 6.1.14 version. Display of Album, etc are fine.
    But when I tap a song to play, the app crashes and quit.
    I'd like some clarification on this: where did you tap the song to play? In the left hand side playlist (that you've already had music added), or in the right hand side where you're adding from a NAS? If you're doing it on the right hand side, was that a single tap or double tap? If you hold the album or track then add via pop-up, does it crash? Still waiting for your log.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Thanks everybody for quick reply.
    Hi Peter, just sent you the crash log.
    The app was working fine up to the last 6.1.13 without any issue since two, three years ago.
    6.1.14 crashes when I tap a song on the right hand side in album view, genre, etc. It crashes immediately when I tried adding song(s) to playlist as well.
    Tried reset my iPad and install the app. Also, tried running the app after resetting my iPad. None helps.
    Tom

Hi Peter,
    I have also sent you the log for version 6.1.13, which was working fine on my iPad for your reference.

Hi Peter,
    Just downloaded the Esoteric Sound Stream app. It works fine without any issue.
    I am having the Lumin app running at the same time. Lumin doesn't see any song I am playing in the Esoteric app.
    My other music app, fidata and Kazzo, can see the song I am playing in the Esoteric app.

Because it's an earlier version of the same app. If you want even another color screen try the Teac version.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

Thanks Jack. Just did and Teac's theme is more appealing to me.

BTW, my other iPad with 6.1.12 on it can see the music playing.

Seems like something wrong with the part sending music to the player. The latest version sees my player but crashes when sending music to it.

I just switched to my second system and when I opened the Lumin app it did the update and is playing fine.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Jays CDT3 Mk3 , Auralic Aries G2.2, Holo May KTE, Supratek Cabernet, Kinki Studio EX-B7 monoblocks, Verity Audio Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC, SC & PC's, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Inakustik USB and I2S, (2) Puritan Audio Labs PSM-156 with Groundmaster City, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Auralic Aries, Aqua La Voce S3, Kinki Studio EX-M1+, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Wireworld SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Greenville, SC- Jays CDT2 Mk 3, Auralic Aries G1, Holo Spring 3 KTE, Supratek Chardonnay, Odyssey Audio Kismet Reference, Rosso Fiorentino Volterra 2, (2) RSL Speedwoofers, iFi Audio Power Station, Wireworld IC's, Inakustik USB and I2s, Triode Wire Lab SC, Triode Wire Lab PC's, Furutech NCF Clear Line, Timbernation rack.

While I am sure the poster has an issue, I suspect it is with his gear/software. It is working fine for me on an iPad mini, and an iPhone 7.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Just updated the app on my iPhone XR to 6.1.14, and it crashes the same. It works ok before the udpate.

My Cary Audio DMS-600 is connecting to QNAP HS453DX NAS via lan cable. There are about 5,000 albums and 60,000 songs on the NAS. I am using TwonkyServer paid version.
    Tom

Just curious why are you using the Lumin app on a Cary streamer instead of their designated app and also not using Minimserver insted of TwonkyServer as Lumin suggests.

The Cary streamer is a new purchase. I have been using the app for a few years and simply got used to it.

I prefer TwonkyServer over Minimserver as it comes with more choices for display settings and preferences.
    Tom

That kind of confirms Bluefox's assertion earlier that your problems are system specific. I would suspect that as time goes one the updates to the Lumin app are aimed at the products they officially support and not situations like yours. Unless there are others that I don't know about the Lumin family of apps which include the Teac and Esoteric app are designed for compatibility with the products they have app support agreements with. That is probably why the Esoteric and Teac versions still work as they haven't been updated in some time. In the case of the Teac app over a year. If those two apps still work the way you are used to then just use one of them and be happy. Really not up to Peter and his team to revise their apps for other products. I have had to revert to the Teac app several times when a specific Lumin app caused an issue that was later fixed unintentionally. The very latest updates are usually Lumin product specific and may or may not work with other brands. Same with using TwonkyServer instead of Minimserver.

I was using X1 until recently I replaced it with the Cary. It's natural that I keep on using the App since it is still compatible with the Cary. Will you or others do the same ?

If Peter or the company says the latest update is Lumin specific and no longer supports other brands, surely will not using it any more.
    Tom

I was using X1 until recently I replaced it with the Cary. It's natural that I keep on using the App since it is still compatible with the Cary. Will you or others do the same ?
    I might try something different, but if something was wrong I would go back to the X1 and verify the issue.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFox View Post
    I might try something different, but if something was wrong I would go back to the X1 and verify the issue.
    "Replaced" normally means the unit was sold for another device. No audiophile will keep a device forever, I believe.
    Tom

The Cary streamer is a new purchase.
    DMS-600? Does it support OpenHome (which Lumin app requires)? I don't see this feature listed in its specifications.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Quote Originally Posted by wklie View Post
    DMS-600? Does it support OpenHome (which Lumin app requires)? I don't see this feature listed in its specifications.
    Yes, it does. On the other app "fidata", it shows Open Home next to the server name.

I've been using the app for a few month with my new DMS-600 on iPad Pro 11-inch. It's been working flawlessly up to 6.1.13. My another iPad with version 6.1.12 still works without any issue.

Is there a way to send me an older version so that I can install it manually ?
    Tom

To my knowledge technically there is no way to do this on iOS.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Noted and I'll wait for your update.
    Tom

Yes, it does. On the other app "fidata", it shows Open Home next to the server name.

I've been using the app for a few month with my new DMS-600 on iPad Pro 11-inch. It's been working flawlessly up to 6.1.13. My another iPad with version 6.1.12 still works without any issue.

Is there a way to send me an older version so that I can install it manually ?
    Tom - I did a quick search and found this site which appears to still have older versions of the Lumin app available including 6.1.13. You can translate the site easily in Chrome, and hopefully Peter can confirm it as a legitimate source for their software. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Tom - I did a quick search and found this site which appears to still have older versions of the Lumin app available including 6.1.13. You can translate the site easily in Chrome, and hopefully Peter can confirm it as a legitimate source for their software. Hope this helps!
    Thanks a lot Bill. The information are comparing different versions. Don't see any link for download.
    Tom

Thanks a lot Bill. The information are comparing different versions. Don't see any link for download.
    Sorry about that... my mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by audio.bill View Post
    Sorry about that... my mistake!
    Not at all. Thanks
    Tom

There's another user reporting the same issue on Apple App Store.
    Tom

Still running flawlessly for me.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Quote Originally Posted by Ritmo View Post
    Still running flawlessly for me.
    Good to you but there are still people cannot run the app.
    Tom

Based on e-mail feedback, so far crashes of this type only occur to app users without Lumin hardware.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Peter

Are there any features on the latest Lumin update that would apply to the operation of the Cary device any differently than the Teac or Esoteric versions of the app? I have switched back and forth between all three apps and never found an operational difference with the NT-505.

We never put in anything that blocks non-Lumin hardware users from using our app on purpose (so far). The only thing that is hardware specific is the hardware settings. So this issue is unexpected.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

So he loses nothing from a function standpoint by sticking with the other two apps.

We never put in anything that blocks non-Lumin hardware users from using our app on purpose (so far). The only thing that is hardware specific is the hardware settings. So this issue is unexpected.
    Thanks for the note, Peter.

Not sure what changes you have put in 6.1.14. If it is hardware specific, just wonder why your 6.1.12 and 6.1.13 still work normally without any issue.

I can't help suspecting it's the new changes that cause the issue.

Anyway, thanks for your effort.
    Tom

Please try 6.1.15 and see if it makes any difference (or not).
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

Please try 6.1.15 and see if it makes any difference (or not).
    Thanks very much, Peter.

Just downloaded and tried. Followings are the results on my iPhone XR and iPad Pro 11-inch

1. Music server connected and loaded without any issue (using Twonky and MinimServer)

2. Songs can now be played as usual without any Crash.

3. Songs and Ablums can be added without issue.

New Problems:

1. NOTHING shows up in the playlist side. It's totally blank. However, the playlists are shown normally in the Esoteric Sound stream and HR streamer apps.

2. There are NO controls on the top right hand corners, even when songs and albums are being played. (see image 1)

3. However, when I go to Settings and then quit from it, Controls show up now. But only Volume works; other controls are disabled. (see image 2)

Above are pictures captured on my iPad. Same things happened on my iPhone.

I opened HR Streamer and Egoteric Sound Stream simultaneously, the playlists are shown normally.

==========

One suggestion: since version 6.1.12 and 6.1.13 work normally, you may rework the updates from these two update points again -- Probably you are doing it already.

Also, the font for album name on the playlist in 6.1.13 is different from 6.1.12; not sure if it has anything to do with the issue; just a thought.

BTW, since we are both in Hong Kong, you can contact me by phone or whatsapp 9470-3803 for more details about the issues and my system, if needed.

Thanks very much

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom

We have not experienced these problems with Lumin hardware or even Linn hardware.
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

We have not experienced these problems with Lumin hardware or even Linn hardware.
    It is the same piece of hardware and firmware that I am using for the last 6 months with 6.1.12 and 6.1.13, and even earlier versions.

My NAS is Qnap's HS453DX. It is connected to the Cary via Ethernet connection. The NAS does have a few firmware and Multimedia Console app updates. But I don't think they causes the issue as the new 6.1.15 reacts the same when I connect to another server on Synology NAS.
    Tom

I'm afraid we don't have a Cary or other competitors' products. We keep a Linn for compatibility testing (Linn created OpenHome after all).
    Peter Lie
    LUMIN Firmware Lead

By the way, the Controls on the top right hand side also were not shown in the 6.1.14 version, in which the app crashed when a song was tapped. So, the issue is not new to 6.1.15.
    Tom

I'm afraid we don't have a Cary.
    Not really sure if it is the hardware issue since the 6.1.12 and 6.1.13 are still working perfectly. Also, the Controls on the top right hand side also were not shown in the 6.1.14 version. So the issue isn't new to 6.1.15.

Tom

Not really sure if it is the hardware issue since the 6.1.12 and 6.1.13 are still working perfectly. Also, the Controls on the top right hand side also were not shown in the 6.1.14 version. So the issue isn't new to 6.1.15.

Regarding the disappearing of Controls on the top right hand corner, they show up again ONLY after I tapped on the options in "Stream Icon Location" item. Hope this helps.
    Tom

No worry, Peter.
    I've found a better app.
    Tom

No worry, Peter.
    I've found a better app.
    Would you care to share what it is?

No worry, Peter.
    I've found a better app.
    Linn Kazoo?
    Marcin

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Lumin App crashes after updated to 6.1.14