Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Super Bowl prediction

Best pure passer - finally someone is giving Terry Bradshaw his due!
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicroso nicsModel2 AD
    Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC Roon/HQPlayer,Oppo105
    Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps
    Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,
    Music-2.3KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,60TBripped files

Super Bowl prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    My point was rather simple....... it's too damn early in the kids career to label him 'best' of anything. When and if he breaks DB's passing records I'll give him his kudos
    How about ‘best’ hair QB?

BTW, DB never threw for 50 TD’s in a season. He did in his first season as a starting QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
    how do you figure that ?
    OJ is 21st in career yards rushing, Sayers is so far down the list I don’t know his rank. My point is that you don’t need records or career stats to be labeled “best” in a particular quality. IMHO, Sayers and OJ, along with Jim Brown, were simply the best running backs the game has seen; that doesn’t mean someone won’t eventually be better, or that they had the best careers or the most records.
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;
    Adona rack, ​​​​​Stillpoints, IsoPods, ASC, GIK Acoustics accessories

Quote Originally Posted by rbbert View Post
    OJ is 21st in career yards rushing, Sayers is so far down the list I don’t know his rank. My point is that you don’t need records or career stats to be labeled “best” in a particular quality. IMHO, Sayers and OJ, along with Jim Brown, were simply the best running backs the game has seen; that doesn’t mean someone won’t eventually be better, or that they had the best careers or the most records.
    I fell off my chair with your comment on 'quality' and mentioning it in the same breath with OJ, you can't be serious ……………..

As for Brown , I'm with you there, 9 seasons, never missed a game and all he did when he crossed the goal line was drop the ball.

Huge Sayers fan as well, but 'Sweetness' holds even a more special place for me. Regardless the game is old enough now that it's difficult to compare eras. If you want to talk complete backfields, I challenge you to name a better one than the '72 Dolphins !
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Super Bowl prediction

I’m debating if I can hold off on saying anything or how much I want to see you fall off from your chair again? Super Bowl prediction

I’m not commenting at all on OJ as a person, but you must have seen him play. He could run over people almost as well as Brown, and run around them as easily as anyone ever. Unparalleled.

Barry Sanders and Marcus Allen are very close to the first 3 I mentioned. I can’t really think of any others, although I will say Derrick Henry has his own charm.
    Rob
    Tascam BR-20; Technics 1506 with tape path upgrades, FM head, DeHavilland 222 tape head pre; Modwright Oppo 205 full tube mod w/LPS; Euphony Summus server, EtherRegen, HDPLEX LPS; MSB Discrete DAC (dual PS, ISLPro, balanced out); Pass Labs XP-12, XA60.8 (pair); Daedalus Audio Apollo 11’s, VMPS Larger Sub; Daedalus/Wywires, Acoustic Zen, Sablon Audio, Wireworld, Shunyata Research cables; Core Power Equi=Power;

I’m not commenting at all on OJ as a person, but you must have seen him play. He could run over people almost as well as Brown, and run around them as easily as anyone ever. Unparalleled.

Barry Sanders and Marcus Allen are very close to the first 3 I mentioned. I can’t really think of any others, although I will say Derrick Henry has his own charm.
    I'm from Bflo, saw OJ for sure, on the field he wa superb, agreed. As was Cookie Gilchrist before him in the sixties.

As for running over / through DB's, nobody did it better than Campbell, Riggins and Csonka.
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Quote Originally Posted by astrotoy View Post
    Best pure passer - finally someone is giving Terry Bradshaw his due!
    LMAO....

I agree that Derrick Henry is fun to watch. Powerful, quick, and a smart player. He may be another player that guys will talk about in years to come.
    Doug

A story related to the 49er's and Super Bowl.

My Superbowl story is from not quite 41 years ago. Our daughter was just 10 years old and an avid sports fan. Being born in 1979 and growing up in the Bay Area in the 80's and 90's she just assumed that her local football team (the 49er's and, when they were in Oakland, the Raiders) and her local baseball team (the Oakland A's and the SF Giants) would be winning championships almost all the time. My wife had no interest or knowledge of sports other than an occasional name. No facial recognition of players. In the late '80's she was on an NIH advisory committee and regularly flew to Washington for one day meetings. Of course the government would only pay for coach travel, but as a super frequent flyer, she always got free upgrades to business or first class. It was in February of 1989, and George Bush (senior) had just been sworn in as the new president. The 49er's had won their third superbowl and she was flying to DC. As normal, she was oblivious to her surroundings in the airplane, focusing on the documents for the next day's meeting.

However, when she got off the plane, she noticed that there were a very large number of young men around her who were departing, and some other passenger said, "look, the 49er's". She got on the shuttle to the main terminal, and being in business class, it was the first one to depart, filled with other business class passengers, including the 49er's. She did notice a grey haired man sitting across from her, and recognized the 49er's coach, Bill Walsh. Pulling a yellow pad out of her case, she asked him for an autograph for our daughter. Next she thought of the only player she knew, Joe Montana. However, she had no idea what he looked like. She knew he was white, so she looked for the biggest white person on the bus, thinking that must be the best player. She had him sign her yellow pad. Looking at it, she knew the signature wasn't Joe Montana. (It was Riki Ellison - a linebacker!). So when they got to the terminal, rather than just leaving with her carry-on, she followed the 49er's to the luggage carousels and asked one of the players where Joe Montana was. He pointed across the way to Joe and his wife Jennifer (whom my wife thought was extremely thin.) She was also very surprised at how small Joe was (about my size). Joe was very cordial and signed the yellow sheet, with a greeting to our daughter, also named Jennifer.

We later found out that the 49er's were coming to the White House to meet the president after their super bowl victory, and that they were taking a commercial flight, rather than a charter - taking up most of the first class and business class sections of that flight (TWA).

My wife did remember that during the flight, people seemed very happy and there was this quite short man, running up and down the aisles of the plane, exuberantly greeting the players (probably owner Eddie deBartolo). Of course, the punch line, was that after returning home and gifting our only child with this precious souvenir, our daughter responded - "Why didn't you get Jerry Rice?"

Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Analog-VPIClassic3-3DArm,Lyra Skala+MiyajimaZeroMono,2xAmpex ATR-102,Otari MX5050B2, Merrill Trident Tape Preamp, Herron VTPH-2A&BottleheadPhonoPre,
    Other-512 Engineering Tim Marutani Symmetrical Power IsoTrans and cables,AudioDiskVinylCleaner,

Super Bowl prediction

Thanks for sharing. At least your wife knew the name Joe Montana.

I also live in the Bay Area and 49ers turnaround from last year 4-win team to this year is nothing short of remarkable.

Chiefs vs. 49ers it is!

Great predictions!

Hoping the Chief's give the Niner's a better game than Green Bay
    Cheers ! …. Dave

If it is a low scoring game, 49ers will prevail. If it becomes a shootout, I don’t see how 49ers would keep up with the Chiefs. Niners should try to be really discipline and run the ball, keep Mahomes off the field. As for KC, big plays early maybe the key. If they got one or two to take the lead early, Niners won’t be able to do what they do best, that is running the ball.

bring it
    KEF Blade, Mc-611's, C49 rega jupiter, roon nucleus, revox tuner. Meridian dsp8000 se upgrade, meridian 218 zone controller VA Beethoven's, Hegel h360.

Audioshark

KC looks like a better team to me, but I’m pulling for SF. Let’s just hope it’s a good close game either way.

I asked a friend of mine who he thinks will win, he said “the red team”. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

The Niners are currently favored by 1.5 points so it's a pretty even matchup.

Oh and, GO 49ERS!!

I predict there will be three commercials that we talk about while the rest will be mediocre.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I predict there will be three commercials that we talk about while the rest will be mediocre.
    Ok, I'll take the over and go with four .........
    Cheers ! …. Dave

The line is KC -1.5 and over/under 53.5.

KC Chiefs 34
    SF 49ers 31

Mahomes will win the game with a big final drive.

Ken
    "No summit worth climbing is easily attained."
    --------------------------------------------
    Source: MSB Select II DAC with Two Mono Powerbases and Femto 33 Clock; Renderer V2 Digital Input Module and Roon Nucleus Plus; MSB UMT V Signature Transport
    Amps: Vandersteen M7-HPA Mono Amps; MSB M204 Mono Amps
    Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7 Mk2
    Power: Two AudioQuest Niagara 5000’s with AudioQuest Dragon and Hurricane Power Cords

I'm originally from Boston and I'm still glad that the Patriots aren't playing in yet another Super Bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubes View Post
    I'm originally from Boston and I'm still glad that the Patriots aren't playing in yet another Super Bowl game.
    Me too, despite me thinking the Seahawks had a chance and knew either they or San Fran would be in it hoping not against New England.

San Fran by 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Being a Bay Area guy, it’s either SF or Frisco, but never San Fran. Super Bowl prediction

Super Bowl prediction

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Being a Bay Area guy, it’s either SF or Frisco, but never San Fran. Super Bowl prediction
    Frisco? Are you originally from there or did you move there from somewhere else? I lived there in the Bay Area in the late 70's and only non-locals used Frisco.

Quote Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
    Frisco? Are you originally from there or did you move there from somewhere else? I lived there in the Bay Area in the late 70's and only non-locals used Frisco.
    Oh no, you’re gonna call me a flat-earther, don’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    or neither one? (The City)

I wouldn’t bet on this game.
    Rob

Another electrifying rally by Patrick Mahomes. I stand corrected for best pure passer remark. Super Bowl prediction

Very good game. Unlike other Super Bowls in the past, this game didn’t disappoint.

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

Great game. Very few penalties, and lots of running kept the clock moving, so much so, I thought, even with the extra long commercial breaks and dreaded halftime show I didn't grow bored, which has happened many times in the past with noncompetitive performances. That said, recording the game and starting to watch an hour late helped too, I didn't find the commercials all that great (with the exception of the self parking car!) Was there a Budweiser commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobvin View Post
    Was there a Budweiser commercial?
    yes, in which they mentioned the 'Pepsi Half Time Show', wonder if Pepsi paid for that or got freebie ?

agreed on the Hyundai commercial along with the sentimental Google and Jeep Gladiator (Bill Murray Ground Hog Day)
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Good game, half time was too much IMO, and most of the commercials hard to follow - I liked the Boston one.

Interesting there was no Ford, GMC, Cadillac or Chevy commercials,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Super Bowl prediction