My Switch from Tidal to Qobuz (Roon content as well) - Page 4
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My Switch from Tidal to Qobuz (Roon content as well)

Quote Originally Posted by still-one View Post
    I have yet to find a MQA version that sounds worse than either a 16/44 version I have or a non MQA Tidal version. There are some that probably sound the same.
    You won’t be the only one that feels that way.
    VPI Avenger with 12" 3D arm, Technics SP-10MKII table in custom plinth with custom power supply made by Peter Noerbaek of PBN, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, PS Audio DSJ DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, pair of Definitive Technology Ref subs.

2. Likes FDPDK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My Switch from Tidal to Qobuz (Roon content as well)

Quote Originally Posted by KeithR View Post
    Until Qobuz can get sufficient subs and a bigger library, I'm not switching over. I also have a Tidal family account and my girlfriend enjoys her own playlists, albums, etc. Qobuz doesn't have this feature yet.

I'm really hoping Spotify goes CD quality and I'll move there in an instant. Amazon went, so perhaps not far behind.
    I am keeping Tidal in addition to Qobuz, mainly because of the Family account and I get a military discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

I just downloaded over 1800 songs from Qobuz to our Aurender (37 minutes - 940 Mbps connection). Aurender and Qobuz are met for one another. Amazing quality on Qobuz/Aurender playback - not as good as my SACDs on the Luxman, but ....

I didn't find MQA satisfying with Tidal. So, that's one reason why we dropped Tidal. I have ordered a MQA album ("The Raven" by Rebecca Pidgeon) though to test MQA without streaming. We'll see in a week (import CD) or so if it beats SACDS, etc.
    Sincerely,

Joe

Amps: Pass X260.8s *** Pre-Amp: Pass XP22 *** Headphone Amp: Pass HPA-1 *** Speakers: Magico A3’s *** Magico A3 Grills *** Headphones: Focal Utopia *** Digital: Luxman D-08u SACD *** Aurender ACS10 CD Ripper & N100 Streamer *** Power: Shunyata Hydra Alpha A12 Power Conditioner *** AQ NRG Edison 20 *** Cables: Shunyata *** Rack: Bamboo SVT Quadrasphire *** Accessory: Russ Andrews Cable Elevators

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of giving Qobuz a go, my DAC isn't MQA and I'm interested in hearing what the higher rez sounds like from them. They don't quite seem to have their act together, I would like to get the $15.00 but when it asks for my payment info it says I will be charged $21.95 after the trial. I was trying to get clarification on the tiers and was told they oonly have two now, Studio Premier and I think the one where you get the purchase discounts.

I listen to a lot of Rock and wonder how qobuz is on that.

I'm also tired of my albums in favorites disappearing from Tidal and how they only show a hand full of new releases a week when there has to be hundreds.

I suspect I will find none are "just rifht" lol
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

I've been a Qobuz subscriber for three years most of which was at the higher Euro conversion rate with and EU account and to me the better sound quality was worth the extra cost. I switched to a US account after giving them about six months to get things up and running smoothly. I am now locked into at least the next year at $12.99 a month but was paying $25 before that. Even at $21.95 to me it would be worth it so do the free trial and see what you think. On your missing Tidal albums sometimes if you do a new search they will still be there because when the new rights agreements are signed sometimes the catalog numbers get changed. You might not find all of them but you might find some of them.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC', USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

7. Likes FDPDK, UltraFast69, Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Qobuz is resource in ntensive. It causes trouble with my server. Im probably going to dump Qobuz and try Amazon. AJ said its good.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kingrex View Post
    Qobuz is resource in ntensive. It causes trouble with my server. Im probably going to dump Qobuz and try Amazon. AJ said its good.
    Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | etherREGEN | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts exactly. Sounds like a hardware issue not a Qobuz issue.
    Main - JVC QL-Y7/Denon DL-301 Mk II, Gold Note PH-10, Nuprime CDT-8, Auralic Aries G1, Aqua La Voce S3, Supratek Chardonnay, Van Alstine Vision SET 400, Verity Otello, (2) Rythmik F12SE, Audio Envy IC's , Triode Wire Lab PC', USB & SC's, PS Audio Stellar P3, PI Audio Uberbuss, Timbernation rack

Family Room - Oppo UDP-203, Teac NT-505, Audia Flight FL Three S, Nola KO, (2) Rythmik F-12G, Audio Sensibility SC & IC's, Neotech PC's, SurgeX SA-1810

Post Thanks / Like

Its a qubuz deal. These are technical integrators performing software installation and they say Qobuz is full of packets that operated independently that take up space and resources. This is real world feedback. Probably a good dose of tracking crap. Software analyzing your computer. Why else would it be so inexpensive. Where do you think they get their money. HAAAAAA, you thought you had software that only steamed music. Hahaaaaaaaaaaa

Post Thanks / Like

Is your "Server" running the desktop version of Qobuz? As the API version has been running flawlessly on the $500 Aries Mini for over three years.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4