Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

2019 - How did it shape up?

It was a supposed to be a do nothing year, but looking back it could have not been farther from the truth.

Overall I benefitted getting more out of my system by addressing power, and adding new sound with analog.

It’s amazing what ones system can do if you pay attention, and it does not need to cost a small ransom.

The new decade, 2020 is consideration towards R2R tape 2019 - How did it shape up?2019 - How did it shape up?2019 - How did it shape up?2019 - How did it shape up?2019 - How did it shape up?2019 - How did it shape up?

Highlights:

Grounding and cabling:

-6 AWG copper wire from the switch to cold water pipes

-Grounding Subpanel (thanks KingRex)

-Audioquest Dragon Ethernet cables from the modem, to the switch to the Gigafoil V4 to the streamer

-Nordost Reference tonearm and XLR cables supporting analog, and power cables

-Furutech 12 and 10 gauge from dedicated circuits to receptacles

- Shunyata Venom feeding ADD-POWR

Power:

- Keces P3 and P8 power supplies

ADD-POWR: Electra Clear, Symphony Pro’s and a Wizard

Maybe the Gigafoil, but that could have been 2018, I forget.

Analog:

- U Turn Orbit Special

- Kuzma Stabi R, 4point and 40 cartridge

- Boulder 508 Phono

Isolation:

Adona platform

Visits:

- Shunyata
    - Dan D’Agostino
    - RMAF

There’s sadly more according to my bank account and will have to edit.

What did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R w/4point 11 arm | Kuzma 50 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum HD and M400’s | Boulder 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Leif, Norse, V2 and Odin
    Power and Isolation: Audio-Ultra Home & Room Power Foundation Performance Package with StromTank S1000 | HRS

Re: 2019 - How did it shape up?

I lost 10 pounds and then someone found it and returned it to me.

A few things:

- Lumin X1 (replaced S1)
    - AQ Diamond Ethernet
    - VPI Fatboy Gimbal 12" (replaced the JMW 3D 10")
    - Ortofon PW TI (replaced Ortofon Cadenza Black)
    - D'Agostino Momentum Pre upgrade to HD
    - Music - Lots of vinyl and some digital files

Shows:

- Florida Expo
    - Axpona

Mike

Amplification: MBL 6010D, MBL 9008A Monos
    Analog: Kuzma R, Kuzma 4Point (11”), MSL Ultra Eminent EX
    Phono Pre: Pass XP-27
    Digital: Esoteric N01XD Esoteric K05
    Speakers: MBL 101E MKII
    Subwoofers: REL Carbon Specials
    Conditioner: Shunyata Triton 3
    Power Cables: Shunyata Sigma 1 & 2, Alpha 2, Delta and Venom
    ICs and SCs: Wireworld Platinum 8
    Rack: Artesania Exoteryc

The year went pretty much as I expected.

-Traded in my original silver Momentum pre-amp for a new black Momentum HD version.
    -Updated my AES/EBU cables for AQ Diamonds.
    -Moved my Shunyata power cords to my digital gear and replaced them with Transparent Opus for my amps.
    -Added a switch and optical module from Small Green Computer and replaced a long ethernet run with fiber optics.
    Jim

D'Agostino Momentum M-400's MxV’s & HD Pre-amp
    Wilson Alexandria X2 Series 2 speakers
    Digital: dCS Vivaldi APEX DAC, Clock & Upsampler
    Analog: SME 20/3 with Esoteric E-03 Phono
    Transparent Opus Speaker Cable & Interconnects & Opus Power Cords
    Power Cords on Digital: Shunyata
    Power Conditioner - Shunyata Everest

I had a fun year

Started out experimenting with PCs
    Pangea, PS Audio, Cullen and recently Shunyata
    Wife gave me a Rega P3 for my birthday
    Luxman 505uxii I bought as my Xmas present
    moved my Dynaudio 82s back into the main system
    bought, played with and rolled a few pairs of vintage speakers
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

I only bought one shotgun this year and after a 45 plus years in railroading I'll be retiring next year ......................
    Cheers ! …. Dave

Audioshark

After 25 years, sold my IT consulting business since the audio biz is occupying all my time. I remember when I left the closing, I don’t even know how I got home. It was a bit of a shock to the system. But it’s all good! Just hard to believe my baby is gone.

Between the store, the show and more, I’m maxed out now and as busy as ever.

Made a wholesale change in my system. Got myself a new turntable and Phonostage.

Family wise, all is good, as good as it can be with a teenage daughter. LOL. Still playing hockey three times a week and got out a few times to golf this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

At age 70, I retired this year. April 30th was my last working day. Since then I was just kicking back, and wondering how to spend the rest of my life. Around the end of October I developed an intense, unbearable pain in my side. It was so bad I called an ambulance and went to the hospital. Other than a motorcycle wreck, that was the first time I went to the hospital since I was eight. Turned out to be a kidney stone. WTF! Where did that come from.

Anyway, I hope that is all behind me now, and I need to again start thinking about what to do in the future. Yesterday I received a $310k inheritance, so that was a pleasant surprise.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

MSB Discrete
    Roon Nucleus
    Gigafoil
    Keces P3
    A couple of AQ Hurricanes and completed the loom.

Home theatre is fully operational now. Can't spend enough time in there. I just love it.
    I'm down to one hockey game week.

What hasn't changed during 2019 is my general preference for tube amplification and analog sources. Having owned Kii Threes over the past year gave me a newfound appreciation for DSP and active speakers when done at this level. I'm on a horn kick now (quasi-horn, to be exact). Another eye-opener coming from direct radiators and 'stats. Jump factor in spades opening another dimension closer towards 'realness' or 'live' sound like I've not experienced in my own system. In 2019 I also discovered the joys of transimpedance phono amplification via B.M.C. and Channel D.

only one major project in 2019... i completely migrated the digital front end from a computer to a purpose built audio transport whose only function is to run roon ROCK. part of that project was to revamp the ethernet network supporting the digital source chain which included installing optical fiber. when complete, this made a huge impact on the SQ of my system which can be attributed to the drastic reduction in electrical noise achieved.

now for 2020... so many project from which to choose:

> add an analog source
    > repurpose the basement rec-room to an audio listening room with a HT as well
    > add a second integrated amp to the stable -- maybe a SS, class-A
    > improve power supply to the system

hard to decide!!
    viking acoustics berlin r mk2 | almarro a318b + air tight atc-5 (phono) | clearaudio concept + virtuoso v2 MM | t+a dac8 dsd + diy transport + roon rock
    alp-tone audio analog cables | core audio designs plyKraft 3L | hifi racks ltd podium t5-iii

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team