Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.

Rogers LS7t Speakers just gifted to me

The same neighbor that I bought my VAC-Counterpoint-Clearfield setup 10 years ago just gave me a pair of Rogers LS7Ts with shot filled stands and some crazy bi-wire cables I have never seen. (multiple twisted quads of black and gray wires all helix twisted together) The cabinets have some paint, glass rings and one must have been dropped because the front of the cabinet is buggered. Otherwise in good shape.

I hooked them up to my VAC-Stratos in the family room and WOW, what a nice clear sound. I guess I understand the British Monitor Sound now.

Anyone have or have had these speakers?
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Re: Rogers LS7t Speakers just gifted to me

These are amazing old monitors. Super clear, enough bass if it's in the recording. They sound real nice and clear at low volumes also. Loud with no fatigue so I like the tweeters.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -
    Rotel RCD-1572 / Rega P3 > Luxman 505UX Mark II > Fyne Audio F502SPs > Synergistic Cables

Secondary - OPPO 93 > VAC CLA 1 MKII Pre > Odyssey Stratos > Dynaudio Audience 82s > Tara Labs Cables

Picture?

I love "British" speakers!
    McIntosh C49, MC152, MR85, R778 | T+A DAC 8 DSD | KEF LS50 Meta w/S2, KC62 (x2) | Rega RP8, Ania Pro, NEO PSU | Technics SL-1500C | Audio Technica VM750ML | Hexmat Eclipse, Yellow Bird, Molekula, Molekula Mini | Pro-Ject VC-E | Falcon NW PC Server (Roon Core & HQPlayer) | Microsoft Surface Pro 6 (Roon Controller) | Wyred 4 Sound ISO Recovery, DC Recovery | Abyss Diana Phi | Schiit Jotunheim 2 | Astell&Kern SE200 | Oppo BDP105

“One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but not enough to know you're wrong”
    "You can't use reason to convince anyone out of an argument that they didn't use reason to get into"
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

OK, what is the trick to getting the woofer out of the box? 4 screws out buy no way to pry the driver out and I guess it is stuck with some kind of adhesive.

The speaker that was dropped started sounding crappy all of a sudden, not as loud. I determined the tweeter was no longer tweeting. I pulled that and fishes around but could barely get my fat hand in the hole. I am at a loss to get the driver out without buggering something up. I hope it is just loose wires but after that I will be lost.

Any help is appreciated.
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

So I emailed Rogers last night and this morning I had a nice reply with a video and a cool trick.

Hi Brian,

if the bass unit is stuck in you can remove the fixing screws, take a large size wood screw that is slightly bigger than the fixing hole. Screw the wood screw into the chassis. place some protective cloth on the cabinet, put a small block of wood or a screwdriver handle alongside the wood screw. Then take some large pliers tightly grip the wood screw and leaver up against the wood block/screwdriver handle.

have a look at the link below to get the idea..

https://www.hificollective.co.uk/vid...ive-Units.html
    -----------------
    Brian

Main System -

AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Rogers LS7t Speakers just gifted to me