What was your first high-end component ever? - Page 3
Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What was your first high-end component ever?

Quote Originally Posted by puroagave View Post
    I owned Duetta Sigs around the same time. I started with Rowland Research Model 3s (great amps) and moved the up the Krell range starting with a KSA-80B.
    I owned Krell amps and int amps later in life.... Never heard the Duetta Sigs though.

Post Thanks / Like

Showing my age here: Apt Holman preamp, SAE MK IV power amp, Thorens 125 MkII turntable, IMF TLS 50 speakers, and Monster cables galore.
    Jonathan

Age is a mental construct.

System: Theta Casablanca IV preamp/processor/DAC; Wadia 8 transport; Wadia 2000 DigiMaster DAC; Theta Compli SACD/CD transport; Lumin T2 streamer/DAC; Roon Nucleus+; Luxul AGS-1024 switch; SOTA Sapphire turntable w/Premier FT3 arm & Alpha Genesis 1000 cartridge; McCormick phono preamp; SweetVinyl SC-2 noise/click remover; Oppo 203 digital player ; Magnum Dynalab FT-101A tuner; Krell 200c amplifier; Revel Ultima Studio loudspeakers and Sub 30 subwoofers (2); Velodyne MiniVee 10 subwoofers (2); Stax SR-L300 headphones; TeddyPardo Teddy19/3 linear power supply; ExactPower EP-15A (voltage regulator); Richard Gray's Substation (for power balancing/surge protection); Shunyata Denali 6000/S, 2000/T and Hydra power conditioners; Transparent Audio Super speaker cables; Audioquest, Kimber Kable, MIT, and Wireworld interconnects; Audioquest, Shunyata and Wireworld power cords.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AVphile View Post
    Showing my age here: Apt Holman preamp, SAE MK IV power amp, Thorens 125 MkII turntable, IMF TLS 50 speakers, and Monster cables galore.
    The Thorens 125 MkII turntable with TP 16 tonearm is a classic! Of course the SME 3009 Series II tonearm was even better.

Post Thanks / Like

My first real high-end piece was/is a Linn Unidisk 1.1 w the Dynamik power supply upgrade. Still sounds wonderful. I run it thru a Naim Superuniti, and a Naim NAP 250, which power my refoamed and recapped Kef R107's.
    Very nice sound-stage, clarity, imaging, detail etc.
    I'm in the process of setting up a TT/cart for my LPs.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

First system:
    Marantz 2270 receiver
    Infinity Column II
    Kenwood turntable with Denon 103

I wish I had kept the Marantz, it would make a nice office system

First super component:
    Audio Research SP6b

Took it home, listened to it for a while, decided it was too expensive, brought it back, lasted 30 minutes and I went back to the dealer to buy it.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Speakers: Vandersteen 5A Carbon
    Amp: Aesthetix Atlas Eclipse Stereo
    Preamp: Aesthetix Calypso Eclipse
    Source: Aesthetix Romulus Eclipse, Logitech Transporter
    Power: Audioquest Niagara 1000, CAD Ground Control GC1
    Cables: Audioquest Hurricane on DAC, Audioquest Earth, Audioquest Castlerock
    Room: shared use, American Clay on walls and ceiling

6. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Had hand me downs denon receivers/Klipsch speakers from the 90s.

My first actual bought HiFi gear were the maggy mmg’s I believe in the early 2000s. Always been around HiFi in some fashion and committed myself to only buying not so HiFi till i was more settled in with a new house and now my growing family. As of 2020, I have B&W 702s2, H390 and Torus RM20. Need it to be as simple as can be...that’s how I do things.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Audio Shark

Quote Originally Posted by Low325 View Post
    Had hand me downs denon receivers/Klipsch speakers from the 90s.

My first actual bought HiFi gear were the maggy mmg’s I believe in the early 2000s. Always been around HiFi in some fashion and committed myself to only buying not so HiFi till i was more settled in with a new house and now my growing family. As of 2020, I have B&W 702s2, H390 and Torus RM20. Need it to be as simple as can be...that’s how I do things.
    Aurender ACS10 w/AQ Diamond,
    Mark Levinson #526 & 532h, JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    All Clarus Crimson cabling, AC to binding post. Surgex
    HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP

Post Thanks / Like

Carver, I believe an integrated, and with a CD player but not sure the brand, it may of been Carver or Sony. Klipsch Forte’s where the speakers and cables did not matter during the late eighties and early nineties.

This electronics were bought at the air force base, and speakers naval submarine base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

10. Likes Mr Peabody liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got devorced in 1988 so I spoiled myself with a Carver 2000 receiver, Denon DCD-1700 cd player and Klipsch Forte' speakers. I still have the Carver and Denon in the original boxes. Sold the Klipsch about 10 years ago to a friend. It was a fun system for Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Zepplin and my favorite jazz music.
    Speakers: Magico A3
    Subs: SVS1000 (2)
    Amp: Bryston 4BSST
    Preamp: NAD M12
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Music Streamer: Lumin T2
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running Tital and Quobuz with iPad Pro
    TV: Samsung Q90R 65"
    AudioQuest 1000 line conditions (2), Monster HTS5000 (SVS subs)
    Keces P3 powering GigaFoilv4,Modem
    Power cords: Cardas Clear Beyond (wall to amp) Cardas CLear Cygnus (5), Shunyata Venom NR12 (AQ1000)
    Interconnects: Cardas Clear Cygnus XLR (2)
    Speaker cables: Cardas Clear Cygnus
    Ethernet: Cardas Clear from I7 Roon core to Lumin T2, Supra Cat8 (5)
    ADD-POWR EkectraCkear, Symphony/Ghent DC cable from Keces and HDPlex PS (4)

Post Thanks / Like

What was your first high-end component ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    I got devorced in 1988 so I spoiled myself with a Carver 2000 receiver, Denon DCD-1700 cd player and Klipsch Forte' speakers. I still have the Carver and Denon in the original boxes. Sold the Klipsch about 10 years ago to a friend. It was a fun system for Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Zepplin and my favorite jazz music.
    Jesus Darryl we weren’t that far off each other, systems and music that is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Source Analog: Kuzma Stabi R with 4point 9 arm & Kuzma 40 Cartridge
    Source Digital: Aurender N10 | Brinkmann Nyquist MK II
    Amplification: Dan D’Agostino Momentum Pre Amp and Monos | Boulder Phono 508
    Speakers: Wilson Alexias
    Cabling: Nordost Valhalla 2/Odin: power, interconnects & speaker | Ansuz: C2 power & interconnect | Audioquest Diamond RJ45’s
    Power: Nordost QRT series | Furutech FP55SN cable from 20 amp breakers within a grounded sub panel to Furutech GTX D NSF packages | Keces P3 & P8 | Surge Guard at Main Panel | ADD POWR series
    Other: HRS M3X | Stillpoints Ultra 6, SS & Mini | Nordost Sort Cones TC & BC | AQ Vox SE switch | Gigafoil v4 | Vicoustics | Audio Desk Systeme - Gläss

13. Likes Darrel liked this post

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast