Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Audioshark

Magico A5 Official Release

Hayward, CA (USA) – December 6, 2019 – The largest and most advanced of Magico’s A Series, the A5 incorporates the company’s first 5-inch pure midrange driver as well as enhanced midrange and bass driver cone technology. These new cones achieve unprecedented stiffness-to-weight ratio, a key parameter that Magico has pursued over the past 15 years. In addition, the crossover debuts Mundorf’s new M-Resist Ultra foil resistors for unmatched transparency, liquidity and power handling. “The A Series has been a great success in reaching a wider audience,” said Magico’s founder, Alon Wolf. “The A5 builds on that success with a new 5-inch midrange of extraordinary musicality. And the A5 ‘plays larger,’ with powerfully extended dynamic range.” The three-way, five- driver floor standing speaker retains such Magico hallmarks as extensively cross-braced 6061 aircraft grade aluminum and Elliptical Symmetry Crossover. Finished in brushed black anodized aluminum, the loudspeaker will be available in the first quarter of 2020 at a suggested retail price of
    $21,800/pair.

New bass drivers with advanced new sandwich cones
    The 9” bass drivers of the A5 feature a newly enhanced version of Magico’s Graphene Nano-Tec cones. Graphene, a hexagonal lattice of carbon, achieves 50 times the tensile strength of high-carbon steel. The new cone design combines Graphene layered carbon fiber with advanced new core materials to achieve the highest possible stiffness to weight ratio. Thanks to extensive computer simulation and prototype tests, the driver chassis achieves an ideal combination of stiffness and damping, minimizing acoustical contribution and maximizing airflow. The new bass unit incorporates oversized components including a 5-inch pure Titanium voice coil and huge copper cap with 1⁄2” of linear excursion. The super-stabilized magnetic field enables the A5 to really thunder, producing 115 dB SPL (@ 50 Hz, 1 meter), while maintaining very low distortion and inductance below 0.18 mH. Finite Element Analysis (FEA) provides Magico engineers a single platform to assess acoustical, mechanical, electromagnetic and thermal properties. This meticulous testing helps minimize distortions in the frequency and time domains. Borrowed from the Magico M3 and M6, the triple bass driver configuration provides easy room integration, maximum distribution of the floor bounce effect and effortless reproduction of extreme musical peaks.
    Magico A5 Official Release 2019 Magico LLC Page 2 of 4

New five-inch pure midrange driver
    The new 5-inch full-cone midrange driver enables wider dispersion and greater midrange transparency. Like the bass driver, the midrange also incorporates an advanced Graphene carbon fiber sandwich cone. A new foam surround helps achieve ideal cone/surround integration, faster settling time and impressively low distortion. The all-new motor system uses a pure Titanium voice coil. The super stabilized magnetic field and pure copper pole cap minimize eddy currents and maximize efficiency. This latest midrange driver sets new benchmarks of measured performance.
    High frequency driver
    Based on the fundamental design platform and geometry of the M-Series tweeters and shared with the other members of the A-Series, the tweeter incorporates a pure beryllium-diaphragm with an optimized 28-mm dome. Magico encases the customized neodymium motor system in an engineered back chamber with the company’s most advanced damping materials. This enables ultra-low distortion, high power handling, massive dynamic capabilities and extended linear voice coil movement.
    Crossover debuts the Mundorf M-Resist Ultra foil resistors
    Magico acoustically integrates all five drivers with the proprietary Elliptical Symmetry Crossover topology built with state-of-the-art components from Mundorf EB Gmbh of Cologne, Germany. The A5 will be the first product in the world to offer Mundorf’s new M-Resist Ultra foil resistors. Now perfected after years of development, the new resistors deliver greater power handling, transparency and liquidity. The 3-way network features a 24 dB per octave Linkwitz-Riley filter that maximizes frequency bandwidth while preserving phase linearity and minimizing intermodulation distortion.
    Aircraft-grade aluminum enclosure
    Weighing in at 180 pounds each, the A5 features a massive, sealed enclosure machined entirely of 6061-T6 aircraft grade aluminum, the same material and construction methods as in Magico’s acclaimed Q-Series. Complex internal bracing helps stiffen the entire enclosure and minimize resonance. A dedicated sub-enclosure houses the midrange driver, protecting it from the extensive back wave energy of the bass drivers. The aluminum has an elegant, brushed black anodized finish.
    Driver Complement
    1” Tweeter (x1)
    5” Graphene Nano-Tec Midrange (x1) 9” Graphene Nano-Tec Bass (x3)
    Specifications
    Sensitivity:
    Impedance:
    Frequency Response: Recommended Power: Dimensions:
    Weight:
    Suggested Retail Price (US): Ship date:
    88 dB
    4 Ohms
    22 Hz – 50 kHz
    50 – 1000 Watts
    10.5” (W) x 14.9” (D) x 44.75” (H) 180 lbs.
    $21,800/pair
    1st Quarter 2020
    Magico A5 Official Release 2019 Magico LLC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Systems: http://www.audioshark.org/showthread...481#post158481

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

https://suncoastaudio.com/
    Phone: 941-932-0282
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Suncoast-Au...1105178279194/

Audioshark

Re: Magico A5 Official Release

"We can hear everything we measure, but we can't measure everything we hear. Let your ears be your guide."

Dealer for: Aqua Hi-Fi, Aurender, AudioQuest Cables & Power Products, Berkeley Audio, Block Audio (distributor), Boulder Amplifiers, Bowers & Wilkins (B&W), Bryston, Clarisys Audio Loudspeakers (distributor), Classe’ Audio, Degritter Record Cleaning Machines, Esoteric, Finite Elemente, FirstWatt, Focal Loudspeakers and Headphones, GigaFoil, Harbeth Loudspeakers, Hegel, HiFi Man, Innuos, ISO Acoustics, Keces Power Supplies, Kharma Loudspeakers and Electronics, Kuzma Turntables, Lumin, Luxman, Magico Loudspeakers, MBL Speakers & Electronics, MSB Technologies, MySonicLabs Phono Cartridges, Nordost Cables, Ortofon, Pass Labs, Quadraspire, Rega Turntables and Electronics, Shunyata Research, STAX, Stein Music Products, Stillpoints, Soulution, VAC, Vicoustics, Viva Audio, VPI Industries, WireWorld Cables.

Nice! I imagine this will be a big seller.
    Rance

Synology DS411+II | GigaFOILv4 + Keces P3 Power Supply | Shunyata Alpha Ethernet | Lumin S1 | VAC Master Line Stage | VAC Signature 200 iQ amps | Kharma Elegance dB11-S | SVS PC-4000 subs x 2 | Shunyata 6000/T v2 | Kharma Elegance signal cables| Luminous Audio Technology power cables | Isoacoustics OREA vibration isolators | Solid Tech racks | Vicoustic room treatments | Acoustic Sciences Corporation IsoWall + IsoCeiling construction

3 x 9”! Now we’re talking.

Audioshark

Got my order in when there was only a sniff of this speaker. Going to be a big seller. 3, 9’s! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Got my order in when there was only a sniff of this speaker. Going to be a big seller. 3, 9’s! Yeah baby!

It’s Magico vs the world at this point. Even being a Yg fan ; the A5 might be the ticket for me.

Although it does lack the diamond tweeter and its amazing treble resolution. Need an s mk2 for that

Alon clearly saw that if he increased the A3 cabinet slightly he could place a new and bigger midrange driver and three new nine inch woofers which together would add seventy pounds of weight. And just barely double the original A3 price. I think this will be a very interesting speaker in the 20k price market. Makes me wonder if it's worth a upgrade from my A3s?
    Speakers: Magico S3 (23')
    Integrated:Gryphon Diablo 300 plus DAC
    Streamer: HiFi Rose RS150b
    CD/DVD: Oppo 205
    Cables: Cardas-Shunyata-AudioQuest-Supra
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Time is just a tool humans created to measure movement and record events

Midrange driver gets smaller, not bigger. 6” to 5”.

Cool.

The A3 & A5 are entering highly competitive price points. Good for consumers and in closer reach of those who have lusted for Magico
    Aurender ACS10 w/Audioquest Diamond USB, Esoteric N05xd
    Mark Levinson #526, 534 & JBL 4367's
    Clearaudio Performance DC w/Maestro cart
    Clarus Concerto & their Crimson cables

HT: Marantz AV8003, Linn 5125, JBL SAM3ha, Revel s30,
    SVS PC13 Ultra
    Transparent, Analysis Plus & Tributaries. PS Audio filtering
    Sony XBR-75X940D & BDP
    Parasound P6, MBL 8006b, Artisan speakers/subwoofer

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel View Post
    Alon clearly saw that if he increased the A3 cabinet slightly he could place a new and bigger midrange driver and three new nine inch woofers which together would add seventy pounds of weight. And just barely double the original A3 price. I think this will be a very interesting speaker in the 20k price market. Makes me wonder if it's worth a upgrade from my A3s?
    I just purchased some A3s from Mike to be delivered in just a few weeks. I'm already desiring to want the A5s. Can't at this time, but sure wish I could.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhtoo View Post
    Midrange driver gets smaller, not bigger. 6” to 5”.
    Your right. Take that A5!

I wonder if Pearl Audio store in Portland Ore. who I bought the speaker from have a upgrade or trade-in program?
    Roon Core: sonicTransporter i7 powered with HDPlex 200w linear PS, running AudioLinux for Roon--Tidal and Qobuz with iPad Pro

Magico owners;

Do you feel that they are churning and burning their customers?

Should Magico offer an official trade in/up program ala Wilson Certified Authentic?

Further should they offer customers the option to upgrade their existing speakers ?

Aka an sMk2 owner can take the speaker to a mark 3 if desired ?

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    Magico owners;

Do you feel that they are churning and burning their customers?

Should Magico offer an official trade in/up program ala Wilson Certified Authentic?

Further should they offer customers the option to upgrade their existing speakers ?

Aka an sMk2 owner can take the speaker to a mark 3 if desired ?
    That would be nice... but that’s an interesting subject. There are ~50 pairs of Wilson on AG. Looks like 16 Sasha 2 alone (not sure if there are double listing). One dealer has 11 pairs (!!). He has them for a very long time now. Who is buying used Wilson? According to AG, not many. So how does that work?

Looks like a good upgrade for my spare stereo and HT system. The only issue is they would be idle 99% of the time.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

Quote Originally Posted by LVB View Post
    That would be nice... but that’s an interesting subject. There are ~50 pairs of Wilson on AG. Looks like 16 Sasha 2 alone (not sure if there are double listing). One dealer has 11 pairs (!!). He has them for a very long time now. Who is buying used Wilson? According to AG, not many. So how does that work?
    I'm not sure. Anyways I didn't want to throw a grenade and derail the topic.

I commend Magico for expanding their product line with the more accessible A series.

It's truly grown their market share and IMHO puts them ahead of Wilson and YG in this regard.

They are youngest of the three companies but, now seem to have economies of scale going in their favor.

I think they have probably taken quite the market share away from Focal, B&W and KEF.

They played in that under 20k market ; until the A3 came along.

The A series is a true winner from Magico.

This looks like a strong offering at a key price point.

Surely A5 will eat into their S3Mk2 sales?

The S3 MkII has been out a while (I am a happy owner), and, consequently, its sales are approaching the tail end of the life cycle sales curve. So I doubt this is a significant concern at Magico. It will be interesting to see where Magico takes the S series line over the next year or two.

I dare say with the A5 on the horizon they probably won't sell another pair of S3Mk2.

Maybe, maybe not. I suspect these two will sound significantly different. I know the A3 and the S3 MkII do. To my ears the S3 MkII, with its diamond tweeter, has a more refined sound. On the other hand, the A5, with its third woofer, may have an edge in dynamics, as befits a speaker designed to excel in home theater applications.

Quote Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. I suspect these two will sound significantly different. I know the A3 and the S3 MkII do. To my ears the S3 MkII, with its diamond tweeter, has a more refined sound. On the other hand, the A5, with its third woofer, may have an edge in dynamics, as befits a speaker designed to excel in home theater applications.
    I agree. The refinement as you move up the Magico line just gives your more in terms of resolution and clarity.

Perhaps they are taking the German sedan approach ; offering 3 tiers.

Base (3 Series) Middle ( 340M) -> M3

A4 -> S4 -> RS4

You get the idea. Even at the base model you get a hell of a car and that BMW/Audi "Experience" if you will.

As you move up the line, more refinement, more precision but, that comes at a cost.

Likewise with an M3/RS4 you don't put cheap tires (Cables) or put regular gas in it (Emotiva amplifier )

Etc. you get the point lol

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by brodricj View Post
    I dare say with the A5 on the horizon they probably won't sell another pair of S3Mk2.
    I said that about the A3 Vs S1 mk2. Turns out it was wrong. S1 still sells.

Audioshark

In the store, I find the color options for the S series to be a huge benefit. You guys haven’t seen how encouraging a lovely wife can be when she knows they come in white or blue or similar. Just black is a limiting factor. Color options are a nice advantage to the S series.

As for the A5, I think it’s going to be a huge seller. Three 9’s, great specs, and the right price in the $20k range.

Definitely agree about the color options with the S series. I love my S5s, and they sound good too.
    Bud

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson four shelf maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.

For me it’s going to take a monumental effort to resist 3 x 9” of sealed enclosure. That’s about 80% of S7’s 3 x 10”.

Quote Originally Posted by mdp632 View Post
    I'm not sure. Anyways I didn't want to throw a grenade and derail the topic.

I commend Magico for expanding their product line with the more accessible A series.

It's truly grown their market share and IMHO puts them ahead of Wilson and YG in this regard.

They are youngest of the three companies but, now seem to have economies of scale going in their favor.

I think they have probably taken quite the market share away from Focal, B&W and KEF.

They played in that under 20k market ; until the A3 came along.

The A series is a true winner from Magico.

Is that really so?
    Maybe in the US, but it seems that the brand is losing momentum here in Western Europe.
    Dealers are ditching Magico, and sometimes change to YG, which is a growing brand here.
    B&W, Kef and Focal seem to do very well also.

I never liked their Q models, haven't heard the M models yet, but the S models I demoed were always to my liking.
    So I wish them all the best!
    Vivid Audio - Burmester - Hegel - Marantz - Oppo - Pioneer 60" - Wireworld

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    Is that really so?
    Maybe in the US, but it seems that the brand is losing momentum here in Western Europe.
    Dealers are ditching Magico, and sometimes change to YG, which is a growing brand here.
    B&W, Kef and Focal seem to do very well also.

I never liked their Q models, haven't heard the M models yet, but the S models I demoed were always to my liking.
    So I wish them all the best!
    Well I did say "probably". I mean specifically with the A3 at its initial launch price (10k? MSRP)

I can say what a local dealer in the states told me who carries Magico as well some other fine but, bigger brands (B&W, Focal, KEF)

When the A3 came along; listening to other brands speakers in its price point. They sounded colored and like a box compared to the A3.

Those were the comments he received from a lot of customers who cross shopped comparatively priced speakers with the A3.

Needless to say, as the A series to continue to expand; I'd expect this to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by bart View Post
    ...I never liked their Q models, haven't heard the M models yet, but the S models I demoed were always to my liking.
    I've owned S, Q and M. I like all of them. I can't see myself owning any other speaker.

I've owned S, Q and M. I like all of them. I can't see myself owning any other speaker.
    Loyal and repeat ownership is easily attained with Magico. Look forward to my journey as well.
    Accuphase A-75, C-3850, DP-750, T-1200, C-37, P-530 / Magico S7, Mcoat Red w/Mpod / LessLoss C-MARC Entropic cables (Spk. IC's PC's) / Clearaudio Innovation Wood, 9" Universal arm ,VTA adj. Outer Limit platter ring, Statement clamp / SteinMusic PI Carbon Signature Mat /My Sonic Lab Ultra Eminent EX MC cart./ Clearaudio 24v Battery PSU / Magnum Dynalab Signal Sleuth / B]Onyx Plus[/B] Sirius XM Sat Radio / Synergistic Research Galileo PowerCell SX ,Active Ground Block SE ,Black Box ,Acoustic ART, Atmosphere Infinity ,UEF panels /Stillpoints Apeture II panels /Furutech GTX-D NCF duplex outlets, NFC Booster-Braces/ 20a dedicated lines / SteinMusic H2 Harmonizers / Adona Eris II 5C racks / Symposium Acoustics Svelt Shelves /HRS Damping plates / KLAudio Ultrasonic RCM / Clearaudio Smart Matrix Pro. RCM /Kemp Electroniks SR plugs,/ Akiko Audio Corelli PLC,Tuning Sticks/ LessLoss Firewall 640X, Blackbody v.2, BlackGround Power Base 10X, Blackground Speaker Base 8X, Firewall for speakers

If you have the room for them . . . probably another great value. No regrets from me about my A3's, as those A5's are just too big for our room.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage
    Amplification: Naim 552/500DR
    Interconnects: Ansuz/Chord Music/Naim SuperLumina
    AC Power: Ansuz C2
    Speakers: Magico S5MkII

The A5 is approximately 1" taller, 1" wider and 3" deeper than the A3.

But it is a lot heavier, and a lot more expensive.
    Jon

And likely overpowering for the room. But obviously only an in home listen would confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart001 View Post
    If you have the room for them . . . probably another great value. No regrets from me about my A3's, as those A5's are just too big for our room.
    I'm assuming you mean the three nine inch drivers would be too much for your room.

I'm using two small SVS subs to work with the A3s and after much placement and some sound treatment give much more weight and focus to instruments. If I went with the A5s I'm sure the subs would never be needed with these speakers considering my room size. However SVS just announced a new Pro 2000 sealed subs that I have my eye on.

I'm assuming you mean the three nine inch drivers would be too much for your room.
    Yes that is my assumption! As much as I appreciate bass, I've experienced "too much" bass out of speakers trialed in my home. We have a relatively small room. And there is a certain 'commitment' one makes to having significantly massive speakers in one's living room, at least for us. My wife and I somewhat barely got the A3's out of a friend's truck, into the room, and on their feet. The A5's would require the store to deliver, and being "weighed down" literally by such items has a certain psychological weight of its own.

And, they are 'even bigger' if not by much black 'monoliths.' My personal preference if we ever do upgrade would be to go with something with a little more geometry a la the current S3's (and the option to get color!) or M2's.
    Sources: Naim ND555/555PS | Roon Nucleus | Naim Soltstice Special Edition turntable and phono stage

I sent an inquiry to Magico asking how they compared to the original S3, this is what Peter Mackay responed with....

Deleted by admin. See confidentially agreement at bottom of Peter’s email.

Ask him the same question, but comparing A5 with Q3.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post
    I sent an inquiry to Magico asking how they compared to the original S3, this is what Peter Mackay responed with....

Thank you for your message and inquiry regarding the sound performance of the new A5 in comparison to the original S3.

We are pleased to report without hesitation that the performance level of the new A5 will easily surpass the original S3 loudspeakers. The advancements made at Magico over the past 2-3 years with transducer, enclosure and crossover designs are vast and have raised the bar significantly since the release of the S3.
    He wrote about the “original” S3...
    His comment includes also the MK II???

If this is the case, is magico going to destroy his own line of speakers?

Peter is a marketing guy. Out of instinct he's obviously going to talk up the new speaker against a long discontinued speaker. I believe what he says about the new drivers and crossover technology being better. It wouldn't cross my mind for a second that three 9 inchers in the A5 would be a lesser package than two 8 inchers in the S3. I'll take the A enclosure being better technology than S with a grain of salt.

Peter is a marketing guy. Out of instinct he's obviously going to talk up the new speaker against a long discontinued speaker. I believe what he says about the new drivers and crossover technology being better. It wouldn't cross my mind for a second that three 9 inchers in the A5 would be a lesser package than two 8 inchers in the S3. I'll take the A enclosure being better technology than S with a grain of salt.
    Ask a marketing guy to market, and he’ll market. Said with ZERO disrespect for Peter.

Questions such as that asked of him are not factual but opinion. Ask BMW whether the current 3-series is better than the 5-series from 8 years ago. It’s the exact same answer. And not “wrong.” Many improvements have been made.

Marketing guys promote their products. That's what they do. That's what he's done. No disrespect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambo View Post

Thank you for your message and inquiry regarding the sound performance of the new A5 in comparison to the original S3.

We are pleased to report without hesitation that the performance level of the new A5 will easily surpass the original S3 loudspeakers. The advancements made at Magico over the past 2-3 years with transducer, enclosure and crossover designs are vast and have raised the bar significantly since the release of the S3.
    Last time I emailed Peter (early 2018) regarding A3 vs. original S3, he wrote the following.

Deleted by admin. See confidentially agreement at bottom of Peter’s email.

About a year ago I tried to audition the new A3 speaker. The dealer asked me what I now own. I told him recently switched from the Mini II to the Q3. Despite my asking to hear the A3 three times over the next hour, he did not play them for me and opted to discuss room acoustics instead. He must have thought I would be underwhelmed. It was frustrating because I was genuinely curious. I still have not heard the A3.
    Link to my system thread: https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threa...l-sound.32867/
    Analog: Micro Seiki SX 8000 II, 2 NOS SME 3012R tonearms, 2 vdH Colibri Grand Cru, Colibri XPP
    Electronics: Lamm LP2.1 Deluxe, Lamm LL1.1 Signature, Lamm ML2
    Speakers: Vitavox CN-191 corner horns
    Cables: Stock SME phono cables, DIY ICs and speaker cables, Ching Cheng power cords, custom rack and amp stands

Audioshark

Quote Originally Posted by PeterA View Post
    About a year ago I tried to audition the new A3 speaker. The dealer asked me what I now own. I told him recently switched from the Mini II to the Q3. Despite my asking to hear the A3 three times over the next hour, he did not play them for me and opted to discuss room acoustics instead. He must have thought I would be underwhelmed. It was frustrating because I was genuinely curious. I still have not heard the A3.
    Was this Goodwins?

Was this Goodwins?

I will say I just bought a set of SPODS from Goodwins. They work as described. Nice improvement.
    Analog: Micro Seiki SX 8000 II, 2 NOS SME 3012R tonearms, 2 vdH Colibri Grand Cru, Colibri XPP
    Cables: Stock SME phono cables, DIY ICs and speaker cables, Ching Cheng power cords, custom rack and amp stands

Audioshark

LOL. Enough said.

LOL. Enough said.

Mike, with respect, as a dealer, why are you asking me to publicly name another dealer with whom I had a frustrating experience? That's like a designer dissing someone else's design on a public forum. It puts the poster in an awkward position.

Audioshark

Mike, with respect, as a dealer, why are you asking me to publicly name another dealer with whom I had a frustrating experience? That's like a designer dissing someone else's design on a public forum. It puts the poster in an awkward position.
    Because there is a particular dealer who’s had some real challenges properly demoing Magico. It hurts the brand. They gave such bad M3 demos, that was then reported online and people read that stuff!! That’s why. Was wondering if it was the same ones. We are all brand ambassadors and must work hard to ensure all brands are properly demoed.

And let’s remember, you brought it up, specifically about a particular dealer being unwilling to demo the A3’s for you.

Was this Goodwins?

Because there is a particular dealer who’s had some real challenges properly demoing Magico. It hurts the brand. They gave such bad M3 demos, that was then reported online and people read that stuff!! That’s why. Was wondering if it was the same ones. We are all brand ambassadors and must work hard to ensure all brands are properly demoed.

Peter, I think I've read that comment from you before about a dealer not allowing you to hear the A3 after learing you had purchased the Q3. I think many (not all) would have a curiosity to know the identity of the dealer that didn't demo the speakers for you.

I see Mike has made his reason known for wanting to know who it was. (that's not for me to comment one way or the other since I'm not a dealer)

However, my (and probably other non-dealers) interest would have been based on you telling the story and wanting to know who it was. It is a natural curiosity. I believe it may have been mentioned before by you or someone else who visited that store. It's not for me to identify but I'd suggest being more aware that if the story is told often, the readers of your story (told a few times) probably will want to know who is involved.

Dre

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_J View Post
    Peter, I think I've read that comment from you before about a dealer not allowing you to hear the A3 after learing you had purchased the Q3. I think many (not all) would have a curiosity to know the identity of the dealer that didn't demo the speakers for you.

I see Mike has made his reason known for wanting to know who it was.

However, my (and probably other non-dealers) interest would have been based on you telling the story and wanting to know who it was. It is a natural curiosity. I believe it may have been mentioned before by you or someone else who visited that store. It's not for me to identify but I'd suggest being more aware that if the story is told often, the readers of your story (told a few times) probably will want to know who is involved.

Dre
    That cat is out of the bag and has already had kittens.
    Micro Seiki SX-8000 air bearing table, SME 312s arm, SME 3012R arn, Dynavector XV-1s cartridge, Lyra Etna SL cartridge, ARC Ref 3 phono stage, Otari MX-55 2 track R2R, Ampex 350 tape repros, Roon Nucleus Plus music server, HiFi Rose 150B DAC, ARC Ref 6, ARC Ref 75 with KT-150s, Parasound JC5 amp , JBL 4345 speakers, Viero Equilibro Level 3 speaker cables, and Definitive Technology Ref subs.

Reviewer for Positive Feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team