Welcome to the AudioShark Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator

Re: Full NAIM system

Ha!

All great points. Please keep the updates coming.

Thank you very much.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

Job INTegrated. Luxman L-595aSE

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Topping D90, RME Audio ADI-2 DAC FS, ModWright Ultimate Sony XA-5400ES.

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

Quote Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
    I have a friend who after both of us going through some Burmester and DarTZeel gear, found Naim. I got him a Supernait 2 and Teddy Pardo power supply. He’s going on 6-7 years with that system which includes a Berkeley dac and Bel Canto spinner. He’s more satisfied now than ever with nightly multiple hour listening sessions.
    Joe, what speakers does your friend with the SN2 use?

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RDSChicago View Post
    Joe, what speakers does your friend with the SN2 use?
    He has Infinity Kappa 8. They are a little difficult to drive, but as long as he’s judicious with the volume control in the hottest summer months, he loves the combo.
    Fleetwood Deville by Oswald Mills Audio, Vienna Acoustics Haydn Jubilee, Wharfedale Linton w/ stands, Klipsch RB-75, Klipsch RP-160M.

NAD C 658 streamer.

First Watt SIT-3, Job 250 Monos, NuForce STA200, AkitikA GT-102 amp, ASL Wave monos, Dennis Had 45 monos. Absolute Audio Labs PCF 25 amp (improved First Watt F7 super clone)

Burmester 948, McIntosh MCLK12, Kimber Kable, Siltech, Cardas, Avanti Audio cables.

I agree

There is something special about the Naim sound. I tell people that the entry Naim is 99.9% just as musical and there top of the line. As you go up the line, you get the hifi things and they are great, but they really aren't more musical.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazeur1 View Post
    Yes, I am playing at the lower end of the Naim food chain here, but strangely enough, very satisfied/content that it really is very much good enough.

I am done playing at that upper end of anything these days, and find I am actually “listening” to the music more, and not thinking about the next upgrade or where I am headed. It is a nice feeling, and place to be.

I say all this with some past context, several years back my Naim system comprised of top spec Linn LP12, Naim CDS2, Nat02 tuner, NAC82-was headed towards 52, Supercap, Supercap, Snaxo 2-4, pair of Nap250’s and of course, active SBL’s. All olive series. All on three Audiophile BASE racks.

In all honesty, yes it sounded wonderful, fantastic, as well as it should have for the outlay. But really, I enjoyed my music no more than I did when I had my simple Nait2 and CDI and Kans to be honest. After a divorce, I sold it all off, took a few years to reset and reassess what was important. Hence, I bought my Uniti 1 and have lived with that, it was my main amp/source for well over six years, until my other system came in. But now with retirement looming possibly fairly soon, I am once again looking for that simplicity, yet updating the streamer end seemed like a somewhat necessity.

Probably my main system will be sold at some point, and the Nait XS3/ND5XS2 will become it. I may rethink speakers at some point, I really love the Duevel Venus though, and they work well on my current Uniti, will see in due time. May be my last little quest here. Tim
    Jock

If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.

---------

House: Naim ND555/2PS, Naim 552, Naim 500, Studer A80/Doshi V3, Magico M2s, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Lumina IC/SC, Shunyata Everest and Omega PCs.

Workshop: Naim ND555/2 PS, VAC Master Pre, VAC Sig 200iQ, Border Patrol pre/power, Avant Garde Duo Mezzo XD, 2 Magico Q-Sub 15s, Shunyata IC/SC, Shunyata Typhon QR/Triton V3/Sigma PCs.

I received the Nait XS3/ND5 XS2 this morning and got them all set up. The new streamer was absolutely simplistic to get set up, almost laughingly so, compared to my original Uniti. I even managed to update firmware and install my trial Qobuz, all without a single swear word! Amazing!

Now we just play music for a good while and let things do what they do, and put a more critical(Haha)to it all much later. My poor Uniti now looks on forlornly from the side. What a great run it has had, but there is still more life left in ya!

More at some point later, and a huge shout out to Tyler at Next Level for making it all happen!

Holbo TT, Innuos Zen, LinnenberG Telemann Dac/pre, Allegro Monos, Maestro SE/Senn. HD660S, Duevel Venus

Naim Nait XS3, ND5XS2, Guru Junior

Naim Uniti1, Croft Micro 25 pre, Series 7 amplifier, WLM La Scala Monitor

Well, things are running in nicely thus far, must say, the Duevel Venus sounding really good on the end of these two little Naim pieces! I realize that they aren’t cheap to buy, but I also feel like they play above the cost of them. Maybe too, it is that I am just so pleased with them!

At some point I will get my Guru Junior Plus speakers out and see how they do as well, which I pretty much have no doubt it will work quite well. Having the hind sight of using them on my Uniti and loving the combo, if anything there should be an up-tick possibly. Strange thing is, I really have no idea what the ceiling is on the Guru, where better gear might make little to no difference here. Anyway, more to come in due time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Holbo TT, Innuos Zen, LinnenberG Telemann Dac/pre, Allegro Monos, Maestro SE/Senn. HD660S, Duevel Venus

Super Moderator

System looks great!

NAD C 658 streamer.

Thanks Joe! It is a work in progress. Since moving from my house and having the more open plan, which is in my signature line pic, I still am thinking about this smaller space a bit more. At least the Venus work well, maybe even better in this space. More work to do though, all in due time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
AudioShark - The Best High End Audio Discussion forum.

AudioShark forum is a leading forum site for High End Audio Discussion, Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater System Discussion, Best Home Stereo System Discussion, Home Theater Installation Discussion etc.

The AudioShark forum was created for sharing the passion of high-end Audio. We have Audiophiles from all over the world participating and sharing their knowledge. From novice to experts, you will find a friendly environment for discussing about High End Audio, Stereo System, Home Theater System, Home Stereo System, Home Theater Installation, Amplifiers, Speakers, Subwoofers, Integrated System, Acoustic treatments & Digital Room Corrections and many more.

At AudioShark, we also have incorporated an exciting Marketplace where members can peruse terrific buys on used gear, as well as meet dealers and discuss the purchase of new gear.

We are as crazy about this hobby as you are! So come on in and join us! Audioshark.org the Friendliest Audio Forum!

Industry Participation Disclosure : The owner and administrator of Audioshark is the owner of Suncoast Audio LLC in Sarasota Florida. Suncoast Audio has a full brick and mortar presence in Sarasota with several great show rooms with many world class brands. More information can be found at http://www.suncoastaudio.com

Audioshark is a community of like minded individuals. Audioshark welcomes participation from all manufacturers and owners of all brands and products. It is our belief that online forums provide a community of like minded audiophiles and music lovers to encourage the growth of this wonderful hobby.

Sincerely,
The Audioshark.org Team

Full NAIM system